Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

uguu posted:

I enjoy your posts, Knorth.
That is all.

Aw thanks :) I'm glad

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Everything Burrito posted:

well if you're ever down this way give me a holler we can have a beer :banjo:
Definitely. Most of my stuff is lab work, we have all the samples I need here, but I do wanna go down to visit my site sometime.

Wednesday is a good day. I hope I get to watch it today.

Also I appreciate all the tiny carols.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Please make Carol say "Get out"

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Knorth posted:

Aw thanks :) I'm glad

I think we all love the food birb guy's art.

Please never stop posting it :3:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Terper posted:

Please make Carol say "Get out"
she'd never.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terper posted:

Please make Carol say "I'm Carol"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

oh i didnt realize there was an anime fanart thread now

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

well nevermind that

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

So back in school we watched this 1994 JDrama, Okane Gai Nai, about a guy who couldn't afford a suit at the beginning struggling to become a salaryman.

Comrade mentioned there was JDrama on Crunchyroll, so I searched for it ... There's a title on there with the same name but wildly different premise :stonk:

Anyway, new headcanon: Kentaro is now Tanya.

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver
Watched the demi-chan anime. V. cyoot. Lined up Gabriel Droput and Dragon Maid. Time to get BACK into the ANIME GAME

Macdoo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 25, 2017

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ranzear posted:

So back in school we watched this 1994 JDrama, Okane Gai Nai, about a guy who couldn't afford a suit at the beginning struggling to become a salaryman.

Comrade mentioned there was JDrama on Crunchyroll, so I searched for it ... There's a title on there with the same name but wildly different premise :stonk:

Anyway, new headcanon: Kentaro is now Tanya.

lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Macdoo posted:

Watched the demi-chan anime. V. cyoot. Lined up Gabriel Droput and Dragon Maid. Time to get BACK into the ANIME GAME

All solid choices. Welcome back.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Hi chat thread! I decided to start translating Miss Bernard Said, mainly because I loved the anime. The first chapter is up on Batoto now, so check it out if you love nerdy book references and elaborate puns!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Coaaab posted:

what have you learned
Rock hit earth hard

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

El Burbo posted:

well nevermind that

Giant touhou pics are an institution in the chat thread and I will fight for this to continue up until whatever the last letter is

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Plus with seafood dead you can now post the giant clownpiece

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Namtab posted:

Plus with seafood dead you can now post the giant clownpiece

:bisonyes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I tried ACCA out, its pretty neato. its bureaucracy the anime, but it works

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Araki posted:

Hi chat thread! I decided to start translating Miss Bernard Said, mainly because I loved the anime. The first chapter is up on Batoto now, so check it out if you love nerdy book references and elaborate puns!
Thanks, I'll put it on the list! :D

RME posted:

Rock hit earth hard

Oh, poo poo, I didn't see the question. Well, in short, yeah that. But here's something I posted in the space thread:

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The time it takes for the impactor to explode upon making contact is generally a few seconds or less, even for the largest impacts. This explosion is caused by the release of the immense pressure the impactor generates upon contact, which breaks the object and causes it fly skyward very, very quickly.

I don't remember the numbers for the ejection itself, but think of this: seismic waves travel at 5-8 km/s (this is the speed of sound in rock, compared to 0.34 km/s in air). The shockwave generated by the impact (and its release wave that causes ejection) are going faster than that, which is why they literally break the rock they travel through when they're released.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Namtab posted:

Giant touhou pics are an institution in the chat thread and I will fight for this to continue up until whatever the last letter is

You have my sword

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

hosed up that Namtab doesn't know the alphabet.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

have we gotten to ellamenopi yet

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I will remember you

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Droyer posted:

lol

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

I will remember you

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Droyer posted:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Araki posted:

It's always good to have translators working on projects. You have my blessings :shobon:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

eonwe posted:

I tried ACCA out, its pretty neato. its bureaucracy the anime, but it works

It's tentatively my favorite show of the season. I'm going to watch the third ep right now!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Araki posted:

Translating puns is a nightmare. Godspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's tentatively my favorite show of the season. I'm going to watch the third ep right now!

yep, it's good

• Locked thread