Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Just got home and added you. My FC is 0490-5441-0451.

All right, gotcha. If you're available to trade now, hop in the Festival Plaza and send me a trade invite. My trainer name is SIlver.

I'll idle there the next 15 mins or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh hell. I have the worst news. THE ABSOLUTE WORST.

Friend Ball Shroomishes are blocked from wi-fi trading. This includes Wonder Trades and normal Link Trades.

This is BULLSHIT. I call foul. This is Apricorn Ball discrimination. GET ME MY LAWYER! :mad:

Have you checked if they even bothered to give those balls unique animations.

This whole bank update is really half-assed. I'm pretty disappointed. All that time spent making a living dex and it doesn't even matter in S/M.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Silver Falcon posted:

All right, gotcha. If you're available to trade now, hop in the Festival Plaza and send me a trade invite. My trainer name is SIlver.

I'll idle there the next 15 mins or so.

I'm finishing up a few trades now, I'll hit you up as soon as I'm done. I'm Noah ingame.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Someone tell me an easy way to get a Cosmog/Cosmoem, Type: Null/Silvally and Lunala for my livingdex please.

Because my current plan (Wonder Trade) is not working that well, unsurprisingly. I did get a lot of Pokemon in different languages though!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I'm finishing up a few trades now, I'll hit you up as soon as I'm done. I'm Noah ingame.

All right, good timing! I have to get changed for a class soon. Enjoy your slightly less fashionable mushroom friend!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Someone tell me an easy way to get a Cosmog/Cosmoem, Type: Null/Silvally and Lunala for my livingdex please.

Because my current plan (Wonder Trade) is not working that well, unsurprisingly. I did get a lot of Pokemon in different languages though!

You could try the GTS, though you'll have a harder time with it now that Bank is updated. Put something difficult to find, like a version-exlusive Ultra Beast, on offer and ask for one of those in return.

Alternatively, pop into the Discord room and ask someone with a green name to clone you one of theirs.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash

DizzyBum posted:

This looks suspiciously like that Pokemon Trading Figure Game that was cancelled after less than a year.

It literally is that game.
I've been enjoying it a lot!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

All right, good timing! I have to get changed for a class soon. Enjoy your slightly less fashionable mushroom friend!

Thanks! I asked for a lady though, but I can use this guy as a starting point.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

This is the first game I've played since Gen 2, so I don't have anything in the bank. What's the best way to pick up a bunch of pokemon from the older gens? Just start firing up Wonder Trades now that the bank is out?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Thanks! I asked for a lady though, but I can use this guy as a starting point.

Gah, sorry about that. If you still need a lady by the time I get back from my class, I can toss you a lady. I'm sure I have an extra kicking around in Bank.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Genesis Supernova loving rules. Angry Mew :3:

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

I am missing the following with their HA:

Mudkip (Damp)
Woobat (Simple)
Trubbish (Aftermath)
Bergmite (Sturdy)
Noibat (Telepathy)

I got the one listed if you still need any of them.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

Gah, sorry about that. If you still need a lady by the time I get back from my class, I can toss you a lady. I'm sure I have an extra kicking around in Bank.

No problem! I can wait.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oh. My. God.

Dratini will hi-five you with his nose. I mean the bank update is like, whatever, but seriously: nose-boop hi-fives.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Cervixalot posted:

This is the first game I've played since Gen 2, so I don't have anything in the bank. What's the best way to pick up a bunch of pokemon from the older gens? Just start firing up Wonder Trades now that the bank is out?

I got a lot of poo poo in Y that I couldn't have gotten in game by just wonder trading my breeding rejects. Everything else I wanted i just asked for in this thread.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Internet Kraken posted:

Have you checked if they even bothered to give those balls unique animations.

This whole bank update is really half-assed. I'm pretty disappointed. All that time spent making a living dex and it doesn't even matter in S/M.

Every apricorn ball is available in S&M, albeit one of each, so yes they are fully programmed in and functional. Even sport ball scyther etc. works, which is HGSS exclusive

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

:wooper: EDIT: Hooray! They actually fixed these! :wooper:

RE: What Bank poo poo is not yet tradeable online in Sun/Moon

Hypothesis: You cannot trade Pokemon species that were introduced in Gens 3 or 4 that are in Apricorn balls online in Sun/Moon. (Except the ones natively obtainable in Sun/Moon.)

Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon species (Larvitar, Kanto Diglett) in Apricorn balls are fine. Just Gen 3 and 4 'mons (Ralts, Buneary, Shroomish) are banned. Specifically the ones in Apricorn balls. Sport and Safari Balls are okay.

(Hypothesis based on discord goon testing.).

...But that's not all! Oh no. GameFreak hosed up in a more baffling way with this next part:

Hypothesis (2): You cannot trade fossil Pokemon species that are obtainable in Sun/Moon online if they have their HA--

IF they were hatched in Sun/Moon.

You can trade these exact same HA fossil Pokemon--

IF they were hatched in XY/ORAS.

:psypop:

(Hypothesis 2 based on reddit testing and it seems like it may actually include any Pokemon species that is obtainable in Sun/Moon but not with their HA, such as Porygon. I've only personally tested the Cranidos and Shieldon, see above spreadsheet.)

Note: Both these are negated in local offline trading. Anything goes for local. So it's likely a server-side problem.

Squats fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 26, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

No problem! I can wait.

I am back from my class and I found you a lady HA Shroomish in a Nest ball. She has slightly different egg moves than the boy I traded you, so you can pick your favorite 4. I can trade any time.

Jelly Omelettle posted:

I got the one listed if you still need any of them.

YES I still need those. If you have any of them I would be extremely grateful! What can I get you in return? I have tons of stuff. Name something you're looking for. Chances are I have it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

I am back from my class and I found you a lady HA Shroomish in a Nest ball. She has slightly different egg moves than the boy I traded you, so you can pick your favorite 4. I can trade any time.

Hi, I'm back online. If she has Bullet Seed, I'm cool.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Hi, I'm back online. If she has Bullet Seed, I'm cool.

That she does! I'm on. Saw your trade request but it disconnected. Try again!

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

YES I still need those. If you have any of them I would be extremely grateful! What can I get you in return? I have tons of stuff. Name something you're looking for. Chances are I have it.

I have all five ready to trade whenever you want. I don't really have anything I'm looking for right now so whatever cool extra stuff you got on hand is fine with me.
FC: 2878-9758-7818
IGN: Joshua

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

That she does! I'm on. Saw your trade request but it disconnected. Try again!

Thanks!

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
So is there no National Dex for Sun and Moon?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It's only within Pokémon Bank.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Jelly Omelettle posted:

I have all five ready to trade whenever you want. I don't really have anything I'm looking for right now so whatever cool extra stuff you got on hand is fine with me.
FC: 2878-9758-7818
IGN: Joshua

Holy poo poo, you rock! I picked out 5 things for you from my Bank stocks. I hope they'll do.

If you're available let's get tradin'! IGN is Silver. I'll go hop in the plaza.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, awesome! Thanks so much, man!

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 26, 2017

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

No problem, thanks for all the cool stuff in return!

I didn't notice until after I sent it but the Noibat might have been a hacked one from wt because it was in a moon ball. I have a legit one I can trade you if you want.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I just looked. The Noibat is in an Ultra Ball. It's fine. Thanks a bunch! Hope you enjoy your new friends.

Jelly Omelet
Sep 2, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

I just looked. The Noibat is in an Ultra Ball. It's fine. Thanks a bunch! Hope you enjoy your new friends.

OK, that's good. I was worried I accidentally gave you a hacked mon. Glad I could help.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I'm in the process of transferring dudes up to 7th gen and I've remembered how much I miss the cool wallpapers in 6th gen. I particularly loved the contest wallpaper in ORAS. It was a perfect backdrop for my all star Pokemon.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I didn't bother trying Battle Royal until now and good lord is it some bull poo poo.

My Max IV, Max EV Adamant Infernape using a Iron Fist boosted Thunder Punch could not even do 1/3rd of an opposing Vaporeon, which had no hold item that would affect it, had no ability holding it back, and having Infernape be the first move of the turn.

Like it has all the normal bullshit you'd expect from a battle facility, but i'm not sure how it's calculating things to so heavily gently caress me over like this case.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

252+ Atk Iron Fist Infernape Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 182-216 (39.2 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015

Giant Boy Detective posted:

:siren: RE: What Bank poo poo is not yet tradeable online in Sun/Moon :siren:

Hypothesis: You cannot trade Pokemon species that were introduced in Gens 3 or 4 that are in Apricorn balls online in Sun/Moon. (Except the ones natively obtainable in Sun/Moon.)

Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon species (Larvitar, Kanto Diglett) in Apricorn balls are fine. Just Gen 3 and 4 'mons (Ralts, Buneary, Shroomish) are banned. Specifically the ones in Apricorn balls. Sport and Safari Balls are okay.

(Hypothesis based on discord goon testing.).

...But that's not all! Oh no. GameFreak hosed up in a more baffling way with this next part:

Hypothesis (2): You cannot trade fossil Pokemon species that are obtainable in Sun/Moon online if they have their HA--

IF they were hatched in Sun/Moon.

You can trade these exact same HA fossil Pokemon--

IF they were hatched in XY/ORAS.

:psypop:

(Hypothesis 2 based on reddit testing and it seems like it may actually include any Pokemon species that is obtainable in Sun/Moon but not with their HA, such as Porygon. I've only personally tested the Cranidos and Shieldon, see above spreadsheet.)

Note: Both these are negated in local offline trading. Anything goes for local. So it's likely a server-side problem.

Any info for Gen V mons ? I've heard that Island Scan mons with HA and in apricorn balls are not tradeable. But I just tested sending a HA Love Ball Gothita in WT and GTS and both went through.

edit: Just read the reddit link and it mentioned that HA Gothita is not tradeable. Odd...

systemchronos fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 26, 2017

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ruggington posted:

252+ Atk Iron Fist Infernape Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 182-216 (39.2 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Yeah, I saw that before. I can forgive them for that.

If stuff could stop kill stealing and being psychic with the protects, it'd be nice.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

systemchronos posted:

Any info for Gen V mons ? I've heard that Island Scan mons with HA and in apricorn balls are not tradeable. But I just tested sending a HA Love Ball Gothita in WT and GTS and both went through.

edit: Just read the reddit link and it mentioned that HA Gothita is not tradeable. Odd...

Maybe GameFreak underestimated the lengths their playerbase will go to in the name of fashion?

But really they should have expected it. There are already several people who replayed Colliseum just so they could Fashion Ball the Johto starters.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Silver Falcon posted:

Maybe GameFreak underestimated the lengths their playerbase will go to in the name of fashion?

But really they should have expected it. There are already several people who replayed Colliseum just so they could Fashion Ball the Johto starters.

Hopefully it's just a weird oversight that'll be patched.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Silver Falcon posted:

I remember when you couldn't trade a Cofagrigus on the GTS unless it was nicknamed, because its species name has "fag" in it. Sometimes they just make mistakes. They might fix it or they might not...

systemchronos
Apr 11, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

GF just being GF like usual. I think they've fixed this now, some other people confirmed that they have succesfully trade HA Apricorn Ball mons

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

systemchronos posted:

GF just being GF like usual. I think they've fixed this now, some other people confirmed that they have succesfully trade HA Apricorn Ball mons

Can confirm! I just Wonder Traded a bunch of Friendly Shroomishes. Christmas is saved!

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Silver Falcon posted:

Can confirm! I just Wonder Traded a bunch of Friendly Shroomishes. Christmas is saved!

I've been mostly lurking but I'm really glad all your hard work didn't go to waste, its pretty rad of you to do all that.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Crawfish posted:

I didn't bother trying Battle Royal until now and good lord is it some bull poo poo.

Like it has all the normal bullshit you'd expect from a battle facility, but i'm not sure how it's calculating things to so heavily gently caress me over like this case.
I used a Silvally with Swords Dance and Explosion to cheese my way through the Battle Royal ranks. I think Garchomp was my second; I just wanted something fast and strong to try to increase my kill total. I would probably use Metagross if I did it again because it has a +priority move which Garchomp doesn't. Third was Celesteela to just stall until someone ran out of Pokemon. Toxapex was used in the reddit post I found with the Silvally idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Who's the goon that talked about pairing a Passimian with Shedinja? Come over here and let me love on ya man, that poo poo is hilariously entertaining, I feel like I'm performing a pokemon version of that Black Bush skit from Chappelle's Show.

'If you don't like what I'm doing with my Passimian, you should sanction me with your team

OH WAIT A MINUTE, you don't HAVE a team! Nothing works cause of Wonder Guard! I guess that means you need to shut the gently caress UP' :3: