Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Same. It's probably pretty good. Out here once a year we have a garlic festival and they serve garlic ice cream, which is supposed to be pretty good. I haven't had a chance to try it, but if I ever do I would so hard.

I've gone to the festival a few times, but still haven't tried the ice cream. My husband says it's alright, but he has questionable tastes (as evidenced by the fact that he married me). I think I might not be so hesitant to try it if they weren't always giving it away for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/FrostyFaustings/status/824405054329331712

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

GrandpaPants posted:

Japan had the Mega Mac:

When I was in high school my brother and I drove 30 miles to the nearest McDonald's to eat some of these. They were like $2 or something stupid like that.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I have the worst stomach virus right now and have been living on chicken broth, yogurt, crackers, and bread for a couple of days. That photo of the terrible McDonald's burgs literally made my mouth water. gently caress you, lizard brain, I couldn't eat that even if I wanted to!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Snoo posted:

when the gently caress did this happen, I need a mac jr. right now

I almost got one today but ordered before I saw it, drat changing video boards. One of these and a triple cheeseburger would have been too much.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I never understood the appeal of the third piece of bread in a Big Mac.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

FPzero posted:

The burgs aren't supposed to touch.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

FPzero posted:

It originally had 2 buns in there so you could share with a friend, but they found americans to be too fat and eating it all themselves, so they ditched the second bun.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

The General posted:

It originally had 2 buns in there so you could share with a friend, but they found americans to be too fat and eating it all themselves, so they ditched the second bun.

No it didn't. The middle bun is a thing from club sandwiches, which McDonald's directly copied from the also-made-with-three-slices-of-bread Big Boy sandwich from Bob's Big Boy. It's always been "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun." Not "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on two sesame seed buns so you can share with a friend."

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

There are easier ways to make yourself throw up, Snoo.

but I'm so hungry

I haven't been to a mcdonalds in a while since the one by us mysteriously closed down and we don't live conveniently near the 'good' one anymore... but I might try to budget some lovely mcdonalds into my calorie counting and get a babby big mac :getin:

it sounds more interesting than just a single cheeseburger at least

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The General posted:

I thought it was for structural stability, so it looks slightly less like the pale, crushed garbage the rest of their menu looks like in reality.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

if that grand mac makes you feel like you don't need to eat for a few days god help you if you ever have a baconater, an amount of food which still isn't really that much compared to like small town diner burgers

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or gently caress, if you've ever had a burger at a sit-down restaurant, or at a place like In-N-Out or Fatburger or Five Guys. McDonalds makes burgers like a third the size of any of those and they get to carry around the mantle of AMBASSADOR OF GLUTTONY forever

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah I'm sure the Big Mac was a huge burger back in the day but the race to the bottom has led to to stuff like this

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

no burgerpizzapie rules

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
1 no pizza rules

2 therefore everything is pizza

3 therefore no rules

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Aramek posted:

I like savouries 10x more than I like sweets, so I'd totally try a savory doughnut.

Maybe that's why my fave are those maple "long johns" with the salted peanuts on the top.

Zipperelli. posted:

Donuts with maple frosting and crumbled bacon on top are loving delicious.

Oh man, I just had an idea. Some kind of dense bar like pumpkin or banana with maple glaze and crumbled bacon/peanuts on top. Probably 1/4 bacon 3/4 peanuts. That's not AFP at all though.

I saw this in the store the other day

the picture does not do justice to the shade of green that this guacamole "style" dip is. It's the exact color of a pistachio pudding box. Or the green part of an Andes mint.

Also there are tons of little air bubbles in it. Whipped Guacamole 👌 Style 👌 Dip. The jar was the size of one avocado, and the price of 3 avocados. Why would you do this to yourself?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

That looks like a delicious burger/calzone* hybrid. Would if I could.

*stromboli in some locations

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Aesop Poprock posted:

I got that Grand Mac they just started selling at mcdonalds that's essentially a big mac made with quarter pounder patties and buns. It was uh fine but I feel like I probably don't need to eat for a couple days. I didn't take a picture cause its pretty much what you'd expect it to look like but here. I don't think I'll get it again it's just way to much at once and now I feel sluggish after eating it two hours ago

Did they just move the big Mac closer to the camera for the grand Mac?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

p-hop posted:

Oh man, I just had an idea. Some kind of dense bar like pumpkin or banana with maple glaze and crumbled bacon/peanuts on top. Probably 1/4 bacon 3/4 peanuts. That's not AFP at all though.

I saw this in the store the other day

the picture does not do justice to the shade of green that this guacamole "style" dip is. It's the exact color of a pistachio pudding box. Or the green part of an Andes mint.

Also there are tons of little air bubbles in it. Whipped Guacamole 👌 Style 👌 Dip. The jar was the size of one avocado, and the price of 3 avocados. Why would you do this to yourself?

Creamy avocado salsa is a great thing that you can get all over Mexico and also in really good taquerias here in :patriot: .

Ortega just called it the wrong thing, and also probably it isn't good because Ortega is not good, but I would buy the hell out of that if a decent company like La Preferida made one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NewFatMike posted:

Did they just move the big Mac closer to the camera for the grand Mac?

Nah, its a legitimately larger size with different patty and bun so it actually tastes a bit more like burger than the standard one. It was very successful in Europe and was brought to the states after the build it your way concept completely failed here.

The Grand Big Mac was the bane of my existence when I worked for corporate McDonalds because every country in Europe called it something different and treated their media budgets and strategies for it completely different and seriously you will never gain a more immediate understanding of national stereotypes than when you work in a global position.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I've had mcdonalds once in my life, and to this day I still have no idea how that company is able to turn a profit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nuggets

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mymla posted:

I've had mcdonalds once in my life, and to this day I still have no idea how that company is able to turn a profit.

They're cheap, everywhere and wages are low so it's not like everyones gonna/can find a Backyard or Cookout burger instead.

I'm not a coffee fan but I'd have to imagine that the fact that they're everywhere is why people keep going for their coffee too.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

They're cheap, everywhere and wages are low so it's not like everyones gonna/can find a Backyard or Cookout burger instead.

I'm not a coffee fan but I'd have to imagine that the fact that they're everywhere is why people keep going for their coffee too.

Their coffee is actually not bad, $1 for a large iced/hot coffee most of the time, yeah, I'll go there instead of the starbucks across the street.

I think it's also because they were one of the first drive through coffee places in small town USA (at least on the east coast) my whole family used to get mcdonalds coffee. I remember these cups from like the time I gained memory as a kid.

Mister Macys posted:

I thought it was for structural stability, so it looks slightly less like the pale, crushed garbage the rest of their menu looks like in reality.

Nah, they got the figured out with the triple.

Oh wait,

Plinkey has a new favorite as of 10:23 on Jan 26, 2017

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Plinkey posted:

Oh wait,

Second one looks better, first one looks like photoshopped plastic. The cheese looks a bit grody, but that's because whomever took the picture probably let it get cold before opening the package.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Plinkey posted:

Their coffee is actually not bad, $1 for a large iced/hot coffee most of the time, yeah, I'll go there instead of the starbucks across the street.

Pretty much this. I've had maybe 3 or 4 burgers at McD's over the last year, but on long road trips, when you've run out of your own coffee or it's gotten cold, McD's is a safe bet for some good coffee at a reasonable price and quantity. Certainly better and way cheaper than any coffee at your average rest areas/truck stops.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Plinkey posted:

I think it's also because they were one of the first drive through coffee places in small town USA (at least on the east coast) my whole family used to get mcdonalds coffee.

Germansimp posted:

Pretty much this. I've had maybe 3 or 4 burgers at McD's over the last year, but on long road trips, when you've run out of your own coffee or it's gotten cold, McD's is a safe bet for some good coffee at a reasonable price and quantity. Certainly better and way cheaper than any coffee at your average rest areas/truck stops.

Huh. Well alright. Mcdonalds was always at the bottom of the list as far as fast food for us so I never really got why people'd get coffee up there since it couldn't be that good right? I assumed as much when you consider the food.

Anyway, that's enough chatter with no content from me.

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/znB0HRN.jpg :nws:

It looks like a dick and I wouldn't want someone getting in trouble at work. :)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Plinkey posted:

I think it's also because they were one of the first drive through coffee places in small town USA (at least on the east coast) my whole family used to get mcdonalds coffee. I remember these cups from like the time I gained memory as a kid.

If McDonald's sold ceramic versions of this cup, they'd make yet another billion goddamn dollars.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
"OK, now fry up some of them saltines."
"Saltines?"
"DID I loving STUTTER?"

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The Hee Haw Passover Special was cancelled halfway through the first commercial break

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo

As someone who used to put Doritos and Cheetos in his sandwiches at lunch when he was 7... would. Just for the memories.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pastry of the Year posted:

If McDonald's sold ceramic versions of this cup, they'd make yet another billion goddamn dollars.

Sounds like a good kickstarter!

I'd buy one, or 6.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Plinkey posted:

Sounds like a good kickstarter!

Shipping estimated to begin feb 2017 sep 2017 late 2018 early 2020s right before the heat death of the universe.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Huh, apparently it was kinda a thing.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Everyone check your bingo cards 'cause there's no way someone didn't win with this fuckin' thing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Minus the loose corn that would be a good roast dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

Minus the loose corn that would be a good roast dinner

No it wouldn't it's a pile of trash food.

Help I'm drowning under all this loose corn.
/