Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Lets be loving real honest, folks.

The toons are somewhat fungible, what you need is speed mods. Speed Speed Speed.

You'll place top 50 with the right toons, but you'll never break top 20 without full speed mods, and this game is just the loving worst because of that.

That being said, Dark side team is:

I highly recommend running JKA with Boba. Their synergy is hilarious and murders people. I run a weird JKA, but basically, I level any mods with flat offense because of JKA and B2. My JKA has +5 speed, 216% CD, 51% CC, and 3116 Physical Damage.

You can run Boba lead without other Bounty Hunters, and if you're running JKA it's pretty powerful. Boba goes really fast for his second turn after he drops a load on everyone. I still prefer the synergy of EP and TFP and run EP lead, but I'm not sure how much longer i'll be doing that.

I normally run EP (L), Shore, TFP, Boba, JKA, but when I'm having a hard time with non-wedge teams, I replace Shore with Vader or RG. As long as I have the time to fight for top spots, I usually get top spots, but lately I've been having a snipe war with an rear end in a top hat on my server. We agreed last friday to stop sniping each other, and then the little poo poo sniped me Monday. I don't think he really thought this through though (man, spelling those three words in a row is rough) because I have 3 TI shard mates, and they're all going to poo poo on him when they're available near my payout. It''ll be some good fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
After Baze, I canīt wait to see just how OP are Krennic/Death Trooper going to be.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

After Baze, I canīt wait to see just how OP are Krennic/Death Trooper going to be.

I'm expecting the equivalent of Tusken Shaman and GSpy, but hoping for Wiggs or Chaze-like synergy.

e: From TI "New Event tomorrow, so perhaps we should expect something good tonight!! Be prepared for a restart or server down- who knows, anything could happen!*"

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 25, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I'm expecting the equivalent of Tusken Shaman and GSpy, but hoping for Wiggs or Chaze-like synergy.

e: From TI "New Event tomorrow, so perhaps we should expect something good tonight!! Be prepared for a restart or server down- who knows, anything could happen!*"

Nah, it'll be good.

They also won't both be 7* available to F2P. It's also possible we get Zuckuss/4-LOM to flesh out the bounty-hunter meta they're pushing with the recent boba fett changes.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Nah, it'll be good.

They also won't both be 7* available to F2P. It's also possible we get Zuckuss/4-LOM to flesh out the bounty-hunter meta they're pushing with the recent boba fett changes.

Some new Bounty Hunters to go with Boba's Leader would be fantastic.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Jango Fett would be HILARIOUS

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

Ponda Baba & Dr. Cornelius Evanzan synergies ahoy!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

fishtobaskets posted:

Ponda Baba & Dr. Cornelius Evanzan synergies ahoy!

My Friend Doesnt Like You unique - whenever ponda boba dies dr evanzan also dies

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If Ponda Baba or Dr Evazan hit Luke Skywalker, Old Ben gets Offense Up, Crit up, Crit damage up, advantage, counter-attack, taunt for 2 turns and 100% turn meter.

Ponda Baba gains ability block for the rest of the encounter

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 25, 2017

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
IGD has room for a couple cool people if anyone wants to join in on our inevitable heroic tank raid.

If we can't fill these spots I'd prefer we opened up recruitment to goon friends and family instead of leaving to join some other guild we have no control over. Worst case scenario, we can pull a few bodies from the official forums.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

could I request a photoshop where someone has an image of an incredibly strong team, like maybe an EP based team or a Wiggs based one that has everyone at high gear tear and lvl and star count and everything (if that's showable during arena battle) agains a team with like, super weaklings but they have Chaze, and the photoshop makes it so that the Chaze team has buffs that LITERALLY cover the entire screen? Like just green squares is all you can see on your opponents side? I'm sure someone in here gets what I'm talking about. If you could make that image I'd love you, I'd spread it around everywhere.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Danzel Glovington posted:

could I request a photoshop where someone has an image of an incredibly strong team, like maybe an EP based team or a Wiggs based one that has everyone at high gear tear and lvl and star count and everything (if that's showable during arena battle) agains a team with like, super weaklings but they have Chaze, and the photoshop makes it so that the Chaze team has buffs that LITERALLY cover the entire screen? Like just green squares is all you can see on your opponents side? I'm sure someone in here gets what I'm talking about. If you could make that image I'd love you, I'd spread it around everywhere.

I fight at least one Chaze team per day. I can't get it with super weaklings, but I sometimes see them with a slightly insane number of buffs.

DeathDOK are here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/89004/game-update-1-25-2017#latest

Goddamnit:
"The Citadel Pack appears after the start of the final tier of the Special Operations event. Each pack guarantees 5 shards of Director Krennic or Death Trooper with a chance to get 30 shards!"

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 25, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

They are such money-grubbing bastards aren't they.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
well in good news for newer players, the palp event will be recurring. it'll alternate with yoda on a monthly basis

edit: shore trooper farmable on lightside 9b lol

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

well in good news for newer players, the palp event will be recurring. it'll alternate with yoda on a monthly basis

edit: shore trooper farmable on lightside 9b lol

Well, you can always just borrow your friends GK and...oh...nevermind. Sorry.

It was that but a 6* GK. Pretty sick mods on him too (77k EHP).

If anyone wants to borrow my 5* G8 GK...you can try it too...(he only has 40k ehp).Without that team, I'm not quite sure what to suggest. I think Wedge + Barriss (L) might be the best. You could run them with Biggs, JKA, EE, and Lando. Han Solo, HR Scout, Leia, AA, and STH are all really good with Wiggs. If you've got an OP Jawa squad (I hope you don't), you could run them with K-2.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 25, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Im sick as gently caress right now. I cant breathe

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Im sick as gently caress right now. I cant breathe

Are you excited? Or feel sick cause of money you've spent? Or should we call a doctor? Some context would be nice here.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Malgrin posted:

Are you excited? Or feel sick cause of money you've spent? Or should we call a doctor? Some context would be nice here.

Haha, I'm mostly just quoting this goldmined fyad thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750059&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

It seemed appropriate. Krennic/DT look pretty sweet and shore being farmable is nice. I just switched to using my empire team in arena today so this is yet again a timely development for me.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Haha, I'm mostly just quoting this goldmined fyad thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750059&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

It seemed appropriate. Krennic/DT look pretty sweet and shore being farmable is nice. I just switched to using my empire team in arena today so this is yet again a timely development for me.

I'm hard.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/death-trooper/
https://swgoh.gg/characters/director-krennic/

e:
Did I mention I'm hard? I'm so loving hard.

Krennic basic: Deal special damage to target enemy and inflict Tenacity down for 3 turns. Damage: 8370 - 9250.
Special: Deal special damage to all, 70% inflict stagger, if any enemies are debuffed, revive Death Trooper with 20% HP per debuffed enemy. If DT present, he assists.
Special: Deal special damage to target enemy and inflict debuf based on class (Stun, AB, or BI) for 2 turns. If rebel, also speed down.
Leader: Empire allies gain 25% CC and Potency. Debuffed enemies who are critical hit during an empire ally's turn suffer AB for 1 turn. Can't be resisted. Empire allies recover 10% prot whenever they score a crit.
Unique: Krennic gains 10% CD per debuffed enemy and 10% CD per Rebel. If DT is present, also gains bonuses.

DT Basic: Physical damage, 70% Daze for 3 turns. If dazed, stun for 1 turn. If rebel, attack again. 3600-4k.
Special: Phys damage to all and dispel all buffs, 70% healing immunity 2 turns. Enemies who were not buffed have their CDs increased by 1.
Special: Deal physical damage to enemy. IF debuffed, guaranteed critical. If there are defeated enemies, also inflict Deathmark for 2 turns. Can't be revived after Terminate. 8100-8900 dmg.
Unique: Whenever DT scores Crit, he and Krennic recover 20% HP. DT has 50% chance to gain 100% TM whenever Krennic takes damage. Krennic cannot be critically hit while DT is alive.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 26, 2017

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Welp, all that gear wasted on Chirrut!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Whitey Snipes posted:

Welp, all that gear wasted on Chirrut!

God yeah. I just spent so much gear on Chaze/GK. Wish I'd been working on my G11 Dark Side troops this past month instead...like I'm doing now.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Royal Guard. There's something different about you. Have you done your hair or something?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Empire Units worth considering:
Krennic, DT, TFP, Shoretrooper, RG, Vader.
Other units with great synergy:
Boba, JKA, GK, Chaze

My initial thoughts for best comps are:
Krennic (L), DT, TFP, Shoretrooper, 1 of (Boba, EP, RG, Vader)
Krennic (L), DT, TFP, Chaze
Krennic (L), DT, Shoretrooper, Boba, JKA
Zader (L), Krennic, DT, Boba, Shoretrooper

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
They also seem to have added a new ship, the TIE Reaper. Crew is Deathtrooper and Shoretrooper. Looks pretty snazzy for a Tarkin team.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

It seemed appropriate. Krennic/DT look pretty sweet and shore being farmable is nice.

He's not though.

9B is beatable only by the loving highest end whale-esque squads.

I can't even get past phase 1 without losing a dude, and it's driving me loving crazy.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Is there only one goon guild now? I started loving around with this game again (after not playing since just after mods came out) and the guild activity in Goongan Grand Army is negligible.

Also thanks for the updated OP with new farming targets. Gotta get Wedge!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lord Wexia posted:

Is there only one goon guild now? I started loving around with this game again (after not playing since just after mods came out) and the guild activity in Goongan Grand Army is negligible.

Also thanks for the updated OP with new farming targets. Gotta get Wedge!

IGD and QGJ are both still rolling.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Chilichimp posted:

IGD and QGJ are both still rolling.

Can someone invite me to one of those if there's room then?

438-343-128

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Krennic and DT each require a Zeta, Leader and Special.
Krennic: Empire allies recover 10% Protection whenever they score a Critical Hit
DT: +5% Heal, +50% Turn Meter Gain, and Director Krennic can't be Critically Hit while Death Trooper is alive

e:

Chilichimp posted:

He's not though.

9B is beatable only by the loving highest end whale-esque squads.

I can't even get past phase 1 without losing a dude, and it's driving me loving crazy.

I was originally able to beat this (not 3*) by borrowing a max Wedge and running Lando (L), Biggs, AA, STH, and one. I don't remember the last one, but I'd highly recommend Barriss. Alternatively, borrow a Barriss and run Wedge lead.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 26, 2017

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
My Empire squad is like G11 EMP G10(TFP BOBA RG) G8(Vader) This is going to be super!!!!! Can't wait for this poo poo.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Potential names:
Krooper
DeathDOCK (Director Orson C Krennic)

I think I saw one other. Deathnic? I dunno.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dr. Venture posted:

IGD has room for a couple cool people if anyone wants to join in on our inevitable heroic tank raid.

If we can't fill these spots I'd prefer we opened up recruitment to goon friends and family instead of leaving to join some other guild we have no control over. Worst case scenario, we can pull a few bodies from the official forums.

I'm down. 958-893-282

trapt
Sep 21, 2010

Herux posted:

My Empire squad is like G11 EMP G10(TFP BOBA RG) G8(Vader) This is going to be super!!!!! Can't wait for this poo poo.

Same for me, next week, I'll have

Zeta Vader g11, EP g11, Tfp g11, RH g11 and Boba g10

+ G10/11 wiggs, sth, Lando for rebels

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

Empire Units worth considering:
Krennic, DT, TFP, Shoretrooper, RG, Vader.
Other units with great synergy:
Boba, JKA, GK, Chaze

My initial thoughts for best comps are:
Krennic (L), DT, TFP, Shoretrooper, 1 of (Boba, EP, RG, Vader)
Krennic (L), DT, TFP, Chaze
Krennic (L), DT, Shoretrooper, Boba, JKA
Zader (L), Krennic, DT, Boba, Shoretrooper

Actually, change all these teams to Zader or EP lead. Krennic's leader isn't quite as good in that a hero needs to be debuffed, then crit. I was thinking TFP would work because debuffs are technically applied before damage, but a dev has already said this isn't going to work this way (supposedly...you never know with devs like these). One less zeta needed though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Potential names:
Krooper
DeathDOCK (Director Orson C Krennic)

I think I saw one other. Deathnic? I dunno.

It's gonna be Dennic and you're gonna like it.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jan 26, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I have no idea how to beat 9B without wiggs. All I have is Jedi and they are all slower than the 3 aoe guys in the first round, meaning they lose all protection and get oneshot in round 3. Maybe GK or zeta QGJ could help but I am pretty sure I don't have anyone with them in my ally list.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Made 7.5m in credit heist. Spent it all on mods. :feelsgood:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

I have no idea how to beat 9B without wiggs. All I have is Jedi and they are all slower than the 3 aoe guys in the first round, meaning they lose all protection and get oneshot in round 3. Maybe GK or zeta QGJ could help but I am pretty sure I don't have anyone with them in my ally list.

Apparently, Wiggs + Lando + JKA is absolutely loving necessary, as is an Old Ben to ability block on the final stage. If you borrow him, he can die and super buff your squad and you still 3*

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Chilichimp posted:

It's gonna be Dennic and you're gonna like it.

I call it: the Dennic System.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I can't even get past the first round of phase 1 of the last Krennic event level today, jesus