Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Mill Village posted:

What Nightmare is best to start with for a newbie like me?

Atomos (Dervish) is probably the easiest of the lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I put together a kinda half-assed mage meta team and blew through a couple of fights far faster than my Luneth BSB + Greg BSB + Ramza Shout team ever could. I think I want to pick up more mage meta relics.

So far I have:
Quistis's BSB, which is ridiculously good.
Terra's OSB and (underwhelming) BSB. The OSB hits hard enough with prep that I've seen it damage cap against ultimate bosses.
Tellah's Bombcore for +30%ATK/MAG, which seems kinda lovely but I've not bothered leveling him yet.
Gordon's Gungnir for another source of +30%ATK/MAG, on another unleveled character.

I'm pretty sure that between Quistis and Terra I don't really need random black mage relics to make mage meta work, so much as specific good MAG buffs / hastega. With that in mind, a few questions.

Is Terra "good enough" at filling a DPS role without her Tiara?

I feel like I'm better served saving up mythril for the upcoming FFVIII and XIII banners (alongside the 2nd anniversary banners) since they offer buffs/breaks that'll make what I already have better. Is what I already have good enough to justify that stance?

Are there other upcoming banners that are must pull, regardless of meta? The last hyped banner, XIV, ended up giving me nothing I could really use after two pulls, so I'm not sure how I feel about things like the upcoming TGCid banner. I already have 3 platinum swords, it isn't like I'm hurting for FFT synergy.

What are important mage meta hones, once you get past the initial breakdown/proshellga required skills.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hell yeah, finally beat Kaiser Dragon, thanks mostly to snagging a native Wall, which let me RW Vessel of Fate, and also Alphinaud's BSB. Still have to go back later and master it because he didn't go into lightning *or* water vulnerability, even though I would have mastered it if he'd done either one, which is kinda obnoxious, but oh well.

Time to finally craft Meltdown :getin:

edit: Also, I'm looking at 6-star abilities, and so far the only ones that look good are Meltdown, Curada, Affliction Break, and Northern Cross. Are the 6-star summons worth it? Valigarmanda looks neat since it's basically just Meltdown, and could probably be fun on Alphinaud, but it competes with Northern Cross for Ice crystals. On the other hand, Neo-Bahamut competes for Non-Ele and Dark orbs with Affliction Break. It feels like a shame not to eventually craft one of the summons, just because what the hell else am I ever going to use those crystals for, but I dunno if Affliction Break and Northern Cross are both so much better that it's just worth skipping them or not.

I'll probably already never get to craft Curada just because I'd rather spend the earth crystals on honing Meltdown at least once, which is already going to take me like another year of playing.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 26, 2017

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Nerves got the better of me and I made a Summoner's Banner pull, which I'm...not really regretting, actually.

A dupe Fairy Flute and dupe Tiny Bee. No (good) Bursts, but plenty of new relics. I'd give it all up for a Veil of Wiyu right now, but it's still plenty of new armament.

Now to actually try Valigarmanda. Oh, and before I forget, got that rear end in a top hat Necrophobe down thanks to a combination of Rosa's Heal+MBlink and Minfilia's Last Stand SBs.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

FeralWraith posted:

Nerves got the better of me and I made a Summoner's Banner pull, which I'm...not really regretting, actually.

A dupe Fairy Flute and dupe Tiny Bee. No (good) Bursts, but plenty of new relics. I'd give it all up for a Veil of Wiyu right now, but it's still plenty of new armament.

Now to actually try Valigarmanda. Oh, and before I forget, got that rear end in a top hat Necrophobe down thanks to a combination of Rosa's Heal+MBlink and Minfilia's Last Stand SBs.

Yeah when you pull 7/11 relics I don't think you get to complain.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Hell yeah, finally beat Kaiser Dragon, thanks mostly to snagging a native Wall, which let me RW Vessel of Fate, and also Alphinaud's BSB. Still have to go back later and master it because he didn't go into lightning *or* water vulnerability, even though I would have mastered it if he'd done either one, which is kinda obnoxious, but oh well.

Time to finally craft Meltdown :getin:

edit: Also, I'm looking at 6-star abilities, and so far the only ones that look good are Meltdown, Curada, Affliction Break, and Northern Cross. Are the 6-star summons worth it? Valigarmanda looks neat since it's basically just Meltdown, and could probably be fun on Alphinaud, but it competes with Northern Cross for Ice crystals. On the other hand, Neo-Bahamut competes for Non-Ele and Dark orbs with Affliction Break. It feels like a shame not to eventually craft one of the summons, just because what the hell else am I ever going to use those crystals for, but I dunno if Affliction Break and Northern Cross are both so much better that it's just worth skipping them or not.

I'll probably already never get to craft Curada just because I'd rather spend the earth crystals on honing Meltdown at least once, which is already going to take me like another year of playing.

I know you're a little behind us "complete everything" types on crystals as a newer player, but a few notes:

I currently have Northern Cross and Meltdown at Rank 2. I also have Valigarmanda and Curada crafted and 25 and 23 ice and earth crystals. I don't remember if you were able to complete the five dooms, but if you were, then realistically the only conflicts you need to worry about are Power Crystals and Northern Cross/Snowspell Strike if you want to go past rank 2. Valigarmanda is near unhonable because summon crystals, but that's cool because Alphinaud. There's not much reason not to have rank 1. Curada I use ALL THE GODDAMN TIME and it's amazing. It's 4 casts at rank one and absolutely worth it.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
Holy poo poo. I finally took the link in the OP to see what's coming up on future banners, talk about information overload. Now I have no idea what I should be pulling on.

I really just want an A team to clear weeklies and start dipping into torment, which means I need to be thinking about roles. Currently tyro (just wall), raines BSB, beatrix BSB + magic blink, minfilia BSB, and gilgamesh BSB OSB + SSB. I feel like I should be trying to get a solid medica, but even if I did I don't know who I would drop. Having neither a party heal nor stackable buff/debuffs is hurting, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what banners will have the best chance of fixing that.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Well, I don't understand Neo Bahamut. I also looked at that chart for Valigarmanda a couple pages ago and I'm stumped there, too.

Of course my real first priority is probably Curada (or maybe Kaiser)...

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

way to go steve posted:

Holy poo poo. I finally took the link in the OP to see what's coming up on future banners, talk about information overload. Now I have no idea what I should be pulling on.

I really just want an A team to clear weeklies and start dipping into torment, which means I need to be thinking about roles. Currently tyro (just wall), raines BSB, beatrix BSB + magic blink, minfilia BSB, and gilgamesh BSB OSB + SSB. I feel like I should be trying to get a solid medica, but even if I did I don't know who I would drop. Having neither a party heal nor stackable buff/debuffs is hurting, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what banners will have the best chance of fixing that.

You drop Gilgamesh once you get a good Medica. The retaliate feature of his BSB is occasionally handy, but mostly dated - you'll get much more mileage or if Lionheart RM and rating the hits, and Beatrix 1) has the taunt side of that covered, and 2) Imperil's Holy to enable your Minfilia and Raines shitkicking crew to kick poo poo.

Short term, you've got a few options:

The summoner Nightmare banner is actually quite good for this! About a third to half of the relics are Medica's, including several burst Medica's!

Other options include tomorrow's FFT banner - Ovelia's SSB Heal isn't bad, and TG Cid or Agrias would both fit in handily with the holy squad you've got there. Similarly, next week's FF4 banner has another holy OSB on a banner with a burst medica (Rosa's).

Once you have a Medica, your next target is definitely an ATK/Mag 30% buff. Celes's Maria's Song is probably the best fit for the team you've built and replaces Tyro (you can RW Wall when needed, and with 4 or 5 BSB's Hastega is somewhat deprecated), though plenty of others will work just fine. And of course, if you hit it big with TG Cid, slap him in over Tyro and RW Wall and watch things die.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 26, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

KPC_Mammon posted:

I put together a kinda half-assed mage meta team and blew through a couple of fights far faster than my Luneth BSB + Greg BSB + Ramza Shout team ever could. I think I want to pick up more mage meta relics.

So far I have:
Quistis's BSB, which is ridiculously good.
Terra's OSB and (underwhelming) BSB. The OSB hits hard enough with prep that I've seen it damage cap against ultimate bosses.
Tellah's Bombcore for +30%ATK/MAG, which seems kinda lovely but I've not bothered leveling him yet.
Gordon's Gungnir for another source of +30%ATK/MAG, on another unleveled character.

I'm pretty sure that between Quistis and Terra I don't really need random black mage relics to make mage meta work, so much as specific good MAG buffs / hastega. With that in mind, a few questions.

Is Terra "good enough" at filling a DPS role without her Tiara?

I feel like I'm better served saving up mythril for the upcoming FFVIII and XIII banners (alongside the 2nd anniversary banners) since they offer buffs/breaks that'll make what I already have better. Is what I already have good enough to justify that stance?

Are there other upcoming banners that are must pull, regardless of meta? The last hyped banner, XIV, ended up giving me nothing I could really use after two pulls, so I'm not sure how I feel about things like the upcoming TGCid banner. I already have 3 platinum swords, it isn't like I'm hurting for FFT synergy.

What are important mage meta hones, once you get past the initial breakdown/proshellga required skills.

Tellah's Bombcore is actually incredibly good despite the self-doom because it puts Intant Cast 1 on the entire party along with the ATK/MAG +30%. With a little timing you can pull off some shenanigans with that. Tellah himself is a decent enough sage.

Terra is a mighty fine damage dealer even if you don't have her EnFire SSB, especially so since you'll have a chunky +20 MAG on her thanks to having her BSB and OSB once they are mastered.

As far as mage meta hones go, all the Chain -agas are worth the investment. Memento Mori & Dark Zone are great if you ever get a good Darkness mage on hand.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Tellah's Bombcore is actually incredibly good despite the self-doom because it puts Intant Cast 1 on the entire party along with the ATK/MAG +30%. With a little timing you can pull off some shenanigans with that. Tellah himself is a decent enough sage.

Terra is a mighty fine damage dealer even if you don't have her EnFire SSB, especially so since you'll have a chunky +20 MAG on her thanks to having her BSB and OSB once they are mastered.

As far as mage meta hones go, all the Chain -agas are worth the investment. Memento Mori & Dark Zone are great if you ever get a good Darkness mage on hand.

Memento Mori less so as long as Tellah's in the party; it doesn't stack with other faithga's, so the main reason to use it in a Mage focused party where you'll have one of those is for the doom buff to Dark zone and other darkness abilities and soul breaks. But if you can get a doom from elsewhere it frees up a slot, for utility stuff, or, in the future, something like Necrofear.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Memento will stack with Tellah's buff though since it's a different ID. But if you RW something like Sheepsong or Ley Lines then yeah, it's a less useful slot at that point.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

It sounds like I can already make Mage Meta work, assuming I don't need a bsb medica for the fight and RW sheepsong/ley lines. Right now I can bring Miracle Prayer or Medica II.

Something like the following?

Quistis: Wrath/PowBreak, BSB, +MAG materia
Terra: Chaingas, OSB, +MAG materia
Tellah: Chaingas/Protectga, Last Gasp, Mako Might
Tyro: Fullbreak/MagBreak, Wall, Dr. Mog's Teachings
Y'sh or Vanille: Curaga/Shellga, Medica, Battle Forged

RW: sheepsong/ley lines

Or maybe wait until I can dive Quistis to 5* Black Magic (Just need a handful of spirit motes)?

I'm tempted to give Quistis Mental Break, but I'm worried doing anything other than Wrath or her BSB would end up a DPS loss. PowBreak at least helps survivability. Her BSB is really absurd.

Edit: Looks like we are 2 events away from a Rubicante raid that'll give me the motes I need.

Edit 2: Which means I probably won't get those motes before the nightmare dungeons close. Looks like I'll need to wait until next time to pick up meltdown.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Jan 26, 2017

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Did the Summoner Nightmare 2 by brute force, was way easier. 3x Alpinaud BSB is OP

Is there a good reason not to make Valigarmanda if I have Alpinaud's BSB?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

djfooboo posted:

Did the Summoner Nightmare 2 by brute force, was way easier. 3x Alpinaud BSB is OP

Best argument against it is that the BSB command 1 is already amazing DPS, probably higher than Valleygurlamanda is.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The best reason to make Tritoch also makes it unnecessary. I love it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

djfooboo posted:

Realistically, the crystals it takes aren't going to get used in anything else if you cleared 5 rooms and shattered things.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

You drop Gilgamesh once you get a good Medica. The retaliate feature of his BSB is occasionally handy, but mostly dated - you'll get much more mileage or if Lionheart RM and rating the hits, and Beatrix 1) has the taunt side of that covered, and 2) Imperil's Holy to enable your Minfilia and Raines shitkicking crew to kick poo poo.

Short term, you've got a few options:

The summoner Nightmare banner is actually quite good for this! About a third to half of the relics are Medica's, including several burst Medica's!

Other options include tomorrow's FFT banner - Ovelia's SSB Heal isn't bad, and TG Cid or Agrias would both fit in handily with the holy squad you've got there. Similarly, next week's FF4 banner has another holy OSB on a banner with a burst medica (Rosa's).

Once you have a Medica, your next target is definitely an ATK/Mag 30% buff. Celes's Maria's Song is probably the best fit for the team you've built and replaces Tyro (you can RW Wall when needed, and with 4 or 5 BSB's Hastega is somewhat deprecated), though plenty of others will work just fine. And of course, if you hit it big with TG Cid, slap him in over Tyro and RW Wall and watch things die.

Thanks for taking the time. I was feeling the redundancy between beatrix and gilga, and I do like that holy imperil, so I'll keep focusing on her. I guess I was stressing over my pulls because I'm worried about spreading too thin. I'd rather have a couple sbs for one solid team member, instead of a bunch of one-ofs. Didn't know if I should be concentrating my pulls on a particular banner, but I guess there's no accounting for rng.

I'll take a pull at tactics 1 today and see where that leaves me. Worst case, the team I have now has gotten more done than I thought I would. And it's not like I have eggs to level new guys anyway, used em to build up for multiplayer fights.

Gonna keep trying at ultima wep apoc today. Seems like every time I try to support, so does everyone else. I bring damage, and noone wants to break or heal.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Get into the discord (see OP), win.

I'll be up for an hour or so if you wanna run it

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

way to go steve posted:

Thank
Gonna keep trying at ultima wep apoc today. Seems like every time I try to support, so does everyone else. I bring damage, and noone wants to break or heal.

Bring Minfilia and Raines to the apoc. If someone else is runnning breakdowns, cast Saints across, otherwise run burst commands. Boom, breaks covered. It's why she's such a great piece for a holy team. Host the group, and kick anyone who isn't bringing a healer. One of them is almost guaranteed to be a wall-having Y'shtola. You're not being an rear end in a top hat by doing this because. Let people queueing have a medica and the fact that you don't means you need to be there to smash a face. Raines is v. v. good at smashing a holy vulnerable face.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I honed lifebane to r2 recently after I got vaan's osb dagger. With most of my monks either capable of 5 hits with an attack/mag boosting rw, or short of it by 10 or so attack at level 65, I figured it was a good idea to finally give my monks a killer move.

Turns out the soft cap is letting me down in terms of it's damage, but I guess that's what you get for physical non-elemental moves. So now I need to focus on getting those monks capable of 5-hits without dragoon's determination, letting me use the 30% monk dmg rm instead. And I mean cid mission style, I have enough boostgas to get any monk to 5 hits, but at that point why not just only focus on one monk? That's boring.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Oh also! Don't worry about "spreading yourself too thin". Outside of a handful of very strong combos (Enelement + OSB shenanigans), or SB centric builds with wrath and entrust on the likes of Y'shtola, multiple SBs on a character rarely has much additional utility. You just use one repeatedly most of the time. Given that, once you have the key a-team pieces like a medica covered, you mainly want breadth in realm representation, elemental coverage, and unique effects like blinks, boosts, faiths, hastes, runic, etc.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

Sprite141 posted:

I honed lifebane to r2 recently after I got vaan's osb dagger. With most of my monks either capable of 5 hits with an attack/mag boosting rw, or short of it by 10 or so attack at level 65, I figured it was a good idea to finally give my monks a killer move.

Turns out the soft cap is letting me down in terms of it's damage, but I guess that's what you get for physical non-elemental moves. So now I need to focus on getting those monks capable of 5-hits without dragoon's determination, letting me use the 30% monk dmg rm instead. And I mean cid mission style, I have enough boostgas to get any monk to 5 hits, but at that point why not just only focus on one monk? That's boring.

Attack soft cap should be raised in the next few weeks iirc

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

way to go steve posted:

Like inge said, if you can join discord goons will absolutely help you out. Especially if you're full support, there are a lot people that can blow the boss up no problem, he's an easy one.

I'm usually around after 8 pm central and will be happy to help.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010
Thanks for all the tips! I tried ultima a few times bringing cid and beatrix. Thought her holy imperil and magic blink would be helpful. I was doing good damage, just wasn't staying alive long enough.

And as for spreading thin, I'll try to keep that in mind. I'm mostly annoyed that I didn't use more of my first pulls on 14, instead of keepers choice. I have yshtolas wall, and if I had gotten native asylum, hoo boy. If the info about ultros' choice banner is accurate I'm going to want to go ham on that one.

I'm sure I'm just spoiled by the good luck I've had. I've done a lot considering I've been playing for three weeks, haha

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Inge posted:

Sweet. The apoc dungeon isn't giving me too much issue save for the continuous aoe. Thanks to arc's ssb blink I can keep it at bay, but a gush of stones followed by tsunami will typically down at least one dude without a medica tossed out.

If I try the 250 dungeon, it will have to include a second healer. If only tyro wasn't a dead weight with his drawtaliating, I could bring yshtola for ss2 and her heavy regen ssb. I'd fail to put out enough damage to kill the boss anyway. My only good water damage in the fight is one waterja. Maybe I could switch out edea for garnet ao I can use leviathan, not to mention her ssb gives a bigger faithga and a curada effect. Then I could utilize yshtola to carry my proshellga needs, and have arc carry haste to combat the lack of edea's hastega.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Can someone explain what's good about the FFT banner tomorrow?

I'm trying to work out whether I should pull on it, or on the summoner nightmare banner.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

hooman posted:

Can someone explain what's good about the FFT banner tomorrow?

I'm trying to work out whether I should pull on it, or on the summoner nightmare banner.

Orlandeau' OSB is the best OSB in the game; it does holy/thunder damage at a higher than normal OSB Multiplier, the weapon has +holy (and isn't synergy locked like most OSB weapons), and gives "thunder god" mode which is fastcast for the next several actions. So you can chain fast cast OSB's for mega damage.

His BSB isn't bad either, and all of Agrias's good relics, including her very solid burst are there too.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
So reading the information in the OP I'm pretty sure my team isn't doing too great right now. I was wondering what I could improve on:

Alphinaud: Veil Wiyu +2, Evoker's doublet
Y'shtola: Omnirod +2
Kain: Lightbringer
Cecil: only shared stuff
Papalymo: Mage staff, Wizard's gloves

When it comes to super/burst/etc... I have

Buster Sword, Air knives, Demonsbane, 1st fusion sword, Curtana, Tiny bee, Rhomphaia, Aldebaran, Serah's gloves. Which is not much :v

Is there a better team I could form out of these? I'm guessing throwing in Cloud could help, maybe replace Papalymo with him?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

So reading the information in the OP I'm pretty sure my team isn't doing too great right now. I was wondering what I could improve on:

Buster Sword, Air knives, Demonsbane, 1st fusion sword, Curtana, Tiny bee, Rhomphaia, Aldebaran, Serah's gloves. Which is not much :v

Is there a better team I could form out of these? I'm guessing throwing in Cloud could help, maybe replace Papalymo with him?

Minfilia with Curtana is a straight upgrade over Cecil and a massive one.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Mill Village posted:

What Nightmare is best to start with for a newbie like me?

There's quite a few that's been outclassed by the new bsbs. Like the first

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Palp has the best mage boost ssb in the game so far. I'd build a mage team around him.

A mix of 4 mages plus 1 breakdown support character is a good start.

You really don't want to mix fighters and mages unless you have a mag/attack boost.

Dump Kain and Cecil. Slot in a good versatile support like Ramza (he can support, knight, and ninja which is great) and one more white mage/sage.

This way you can pop protectga / shellga immediately and then use two mages to RW Cid Raines for DPS

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

ApplesandOranges posted:

Atomos (Dervish) is probably the easiest of the lot.

No it isn't! :argh:

I have Locke and Refia's BSBs as well as a 99 OK with SSB, Shout and Wall and I can't Zerg fast enough. He always eats gems and blows me up. Can you give me a good strat?

I have tons of 99s and good physical gear and I feel like a chump because everyone says he's easy and I can't do enough damage fast enough :(

Oh, and even if I could beat him, Dismissal refuses to ever proc. Should I use something else like Ramza's Hail of Stones?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
You do have to kinda do the mechnics...

Yeah you aren't really gonna be able to burst him down before he gets at least his first set of gems in.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

If you have Wall then just blow up the gems and eat the damage. Also bring an AoE healer. I killed him first go and he never ate a single gem because I kept blowing them up

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

I know everyone has complained about this already, but nightmare kaiser dragon's medal requirements are a special kind of bullshit.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Inge posted:

Not just few weeks. Pretty sure it's tonight with the FFT event.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Dr Pepper posted:

Not just few weeks. Pretty sure it's tonight with the FFT event.

Yeah, first increase is tonight. There is a second increase coming up a bit later.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
First increase is to 700, right? What's the next increase?

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

I know everyone has complained about this already, but nightmare kaiser dragon's medal requirements are a special kind of bullshit.

He cycles through every element exactly once during the second phase, so if you don't get the ones you need right away you can stall a little bit to reduce the rng. Also because of power creep, it's possible to only hit one of the medal vulnerabilities and still master as long as you don't drop any medals for KOs/damage/turns taken. It is still bullshit though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I'm seriously tired of geosigneo critically hitting me every time he uses his bullshit defense ignoring attack.

• Locked thread