Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Super No Vacancy posted:

I would be ok with one protagonist of a set gender but only if it was a heavily muscular woman

The female Castoff from Torment: Tides of Numenera in some mass effect armor.

Unlike Shepard they actually survived the fall from orbit, unprotected. Even smashed through rock on the way down. So I interpret that as being pretty tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

I would be ok with one protagonist of a set gender but only if it was a heavily muscular woman

I would unironically like body sliders for the cc

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

Everyone would end up cosplaying Zarya.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zakmonster posted:

I see absolutely zero downsides with this plan.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Kurieg posted:

I see absolutely zero downsides with this plan.

Unless the game has a gravity gun, or someone can mod that into the game, all Zarya cosplay is incomplete.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zakmonster posted:

Unless the game has a gravity gun, or someone can mod that into the game, all Zarya cosplay is incomplete.

Uhh..... Singularity?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Zakmonster posted:

You don't remember the Blackstorm?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-05vLkgP2o

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

To be fair that was only available to people who pre-ordered from Gamestop until the collectors editions came out.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah, I don't think I ever had that. I tended to just stick with the Cain or the Missile Launcher, if I bothered with heavy weapons at all.

Speaking of which, I hope heavy weapons make a comeback, or even become a standard weapon class (instead of a special thing you pull out to shoot the big monster).

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I wanted to like the Cain, but even on normal difficulty, the situation where you'd need to use it was too dangerous to poke your head out of cover for long enough to charge the drat thing up. Bring it back but make it instafire imo

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Zakmonster posted:

Yeah, I don't think I ever had that. I tended to just stick with the Cain or the Missile Launcher, if I bothered with heavy weapons at all.

Speaking of which, I hope heavy weapons make a comeback, or even become a standard weapon class (instead of a special thing you pull out to shoot the big monster).

I thought everyone switched to the Collector plasma gun as soon as it was available.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I thought everyone switched to the Collector plasma gun as soon as it was available.

I enjoyed running around with the Cain because it felt cool to have a big nuclear symbol on your back. Even if I never managed to use the dang thing, for the reasons in my last post

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I only used the Cain in the dead Reaper, anyway.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lycus posted:

I only used the Cain in the dead Reaper, anyway.

I enjoy using it to one-shot the colossus in Tali's recruitment mission.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

The Cain was good for the dead reaper ship when you had to shoot the core at the end as it destroyed it in one shot making that bit so much easier. The Arc Projector was pretty good for Praetorians as it would jump and zap the husks that usually came with it and was fairly quick to get a shot off.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The only time I didn't use the Cain in the dead Reaper was when I played Vanguard because that's the ideal pinball fight.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Always use the Cain. Shooting the core, shooting the Thresher Maw, and shooting Reaper Baby were all good and fun uses for it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The only thing I didn't like about the Cain is that heavy weapon ammo came around so rarely and there was no way to top off your capacity over 100% except by pickups.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't think it's fun, it just shortens a fight you might find too long and tedious.

Kurieg posted:

The only thing I didn't like about the Cain is that heavy weapon ammo came around so rarely and there was no way to top off your capacity over 100% except by pickups.

Not being able to fill up on medigel and heavy weapon ammo between levels is one of the most confusing things in ME2. It's both illogical and bad for gameplay.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 26, 2017

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Ainsley McTree posted:

I wanted to like the Cain, but even on normal difficulty, the situation where you'd need to use it was too dangerous to poke your head out of cover for long enough to charge the drat thing up. Bring it back but make it instafire imo

there were exactly 2 situations to use the Cain in: Babby reaper, and dead-reaper core right at the start of that fight to end it immediately

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JawKnee posted:

there were exactly 2 situations to use the Cain in: Babby reaper, and dead-reaper core right at the start of that fight to end it immediately

There was also an easily skippable side mission where you had to fight two mechs at once and using the cain you could blow them both up at the same time.

You know, if you didn't want to shoot them normally.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DancingShade posted:

There was also an easily skippable side mission where you had to fight two mechs at once and using the cain you could blow them both up at the same time.

You know, if you didn't want to shoot them normally.

Isn't that the sidequest where you need to stop the Mechs from destroying the supply caches?

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I think there's also a double heavy mech fight during Garrus's loyalty mission. But I'll take even the flimsiest excuse to use the Cain tbh.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DancingShade posted:

There was also an easily skippable side mission where you had to fight two mechs at once ... at the same time.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Waltzing Along posted:

If you can't romance your sibling then Bioware doesn't know what the fans want. Because everyone would do it at least once, just for the laughs.
Wasn't there a mod to romance Bethany in DA2?

Yep, there is

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Arcsquad12 posted:

Isn't that the sidequest where you need to stop the Mechs from destroying the supply caches?

Uhh.... maybe? It's been a long time.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My choice of heavy weapon was always "the smallest" or "the one that matches my armor." So, Firestorm or Black Hole Gun.

I did use the Cain a couple time. The last was to nuke two Scions right before you fight the baby Reaper.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zakmonster posted:

The only thing that excites me about Andromeda is the prospect of accurately reproducing my Overwatch waifus in the character creator.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Kurieg posted:

To be fair that was only available to people who pre-ordered from Gamestop until the collectors editions came out.

A bunch of people got it (and a load of similar bonuses like the matching armour set) from a gently caress up on the Xbox Live store that made it freely available to anyone who downloaded it in time. Alas, while it looked cool in action, it wasn't anywhere near as powerful or satisfying as the Cain. Praetorian coming to give you poo poo? Big badda loving boom.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNG_szaXNNU

tayvaan posted:

Edit: Beaten :(

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

Enigmatic Cakelord fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 26, 2017

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010
New trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNG_szaXNNU

Pretty short but you get a decent look at all of the announced party members.

Edit: Beaten :(

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
"I don't need an army. I've got a krogan."

POLITIFACT CHECKER: Mostly true

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Looks fun and pulpy as heck, I'm on board.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Graphics look pretty tight. Let's hope the rest of the game is too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:laffo: "This is why we came" *shows Ryder making out with someone in a romance scene"

Bioware knows exactly what they are doing don't they.

Lewd Mangabey
Jun 2, 2011
"What sort of ape?" asked Stephen.
"A damned ill-conditioned sort of an ape. It had a can of ale at every pot-house on the road, and is reeling drunk. It has been offering itself to Babbington."
Donald Glover companion best companion.

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010
New andromeda initiative briefing as well. More info on the pathfinder team

https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub/pathfinder-and-team

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016
there's also a new Andromeda Initiative briefing showcasing the human cast.

e: god drat it!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/BioFanOfficial/status/824670154630070273

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010
Didn't spot any issues with the animation so that's a positive sign. Also genuinely like the look of the crew. Not much else to be gleaned from today's trailers I think.

Speculation: I bet the Angarran we get a close up of is the last unannounced party member.