Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

decypher posted:

Did you poop people know that the flashlight switch on the flashlight button in CC actually moves on/off?
It doesn't though?

Force touch the button...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
You can 3D Touch it also. It gives you options for how bright you want the light.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
He means the button on the actual flashlight icon moves to the on or off position when the light is on or off. Like the icon changes.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rubiks Pubes posted:

He means the button on the actual flashlight icon moves to the on or off position when the light is on or off. Like the icon changes.
:aaaaa:

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Yis, this. Thank you.

Also, when did the AppStore search start spitting out ads? gently caress!!

https://i.imgsafe.org/9703f54743.png

astral
Apr 26, 2004

decypher posted:

Yis, this. Thank you.

I don't use the appstore often enough to pay close attention but that is indeed quite gross.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Buy more iphones then!

You didn't think they'd just eat the costs of lawsuits did you? :v:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

decypher posted:

Yis, this. Thank you.

Aw geez that's really intrusive what the hell

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They started with iOS 10.0.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

decypher posted:

Yis, this. Thank you.

All Phone OSes Are Bastards

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Actually now that I look at it the ad result was relevant to my search and actually looks pretty cool

Edit: no it was a scam/ripoff app

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Three-Phase posted:

Actually now that I look at it the ad result was relevant to my search and actually looks pretty cool

Eh, maybe? But you were still looking for a particular app by (un-genericized) name, so adding in an ad for a different thing is kind of ugh.

Three-Phase posted:

Edit: no it was a scam/ripoff app

Nothing matters.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I'm trying to set up a Japanese app store account to download a game and it looks like they took away the option to register for accounts without a valid credit card or iTunes gift card, unless I'm missing something obvious. Is there a nice and handy way to download an app that's only on one regional store without having to put a bit of money into it?

edit: Nevermind! Forgot the trick of trying to download a free app first rather than going straight to sign up.

Question Mark Mound fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jan 26, 2017

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

decypher posted:

Yis, this. Thank you.

There was an ad for the iPhone 6, I think.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

"an ad"
It took over the drat screen completely.

Definitely one of their more tone-deaf moves.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What's funny is even if you were already on a 6s you got that ad. I remember laughing at the stupidity of it when I saw it on my 6s+

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot
Has 77.0 Facebook app broken external links for anyone but me? If I open a link it stays at the white loading screen, if I then click Open in Safari it'll open fine...

Same links on macOS work every time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Working fine here.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

FiftyFour posted:

Has 77.0 Facebook app broken external links for anyone but me? If I open a link it stays at the white loading screen, if I then click Open in Safari it'll open fine...

Same links on macOS work every time.

I had that problem when I was using a Safari ad blocker. Disabling it made links in Facebook open again.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

TheWevel posted:

I had that problem when I was using a Safari ad blocker. Disabling it made links in Facebook open again.

So you're saying the Facebook app is broken.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Maybe? v:confused:v

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The TV app now works with HBO Go!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Did the latest IOS update change the max brightness on my phone? I feel like it doesn't get as bright since installing it

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

Did the latest IOS update change the max brightness on my phone? I feel like it doesn't get as bright since installing it

Possibly! I went to a show on Weds and tried to get my ticket QR code scanned off my 6S - even at max brightness, it was too low to scan. Sent the PDF to my SO who has an un-updated iPhone 7 and her screen got much brighter at max, and the code scanned effortlessly. I was wondering what could be the cause... Never had issues before. But I do notice it's darker than it used to be, opening Wallet used to burn my retinas.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Hey guys I'm gonna be in the states for a few months. I didn't realize how much the US roaming rates changed with all the Canadian providers so I'm thinking of getting a pay as you go sim to pop into my 7Plus.

Anyone recommendations of carriers in Cali I should check out for good data rates/ease of use.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's a prepaid thread that would be better equipped to answer your question.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Pivo posted:

Possibly! I went to a show on Weds and tried to get my ticket QR code scanned off my 6S - even at max brightness, it was too low to scan. Sent the PDF to my SO who has an un-updated iPhone 7 and her screen got much brighter at max, and the code scanned effortlessly. I was wondering what could be the cause... Never had issues before. But I do notice it's darker than it used to be, opening Wallet used to burn my retinas.

iPhone 7 has a much brighter screen than 6s anyway.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

MrBond posted:

iPhone 7 has a much brighter screen than 6s anyway.

It was a massive difference though. I didn't think much of it until buddy posted up there anyway. I chalked it up to a lovely handheld reader.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I have my phone set to auto backup to iCloud. Is this backing up my voice memos? I very much want those backed up and want to make sure this is happening. If so, when? After every voice memo? When the phone is plugged in and doing a backup?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

rear end Catchcum posted:

I have my phone set to auto backup to iCloud. Is this backing up my voice memos? I very much want those backed up and want to make sure this is happening. If so, when? After every voice memo? When the phone is plugged in and doing a backup?

Voice memos get backed up when the backup procedure runs, which is when your phone is plugged in, locked, and connected to WiFi.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Thank you.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

carry on then posted:

Voice memos get backed up when the backup procedure runs, which is when your phone is plugged in, locked, and connected to WiFi.

Or can be done manually in iCloud > Backup whenever you're connected to Wi-Fi.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
So I turned on 2 factor authorization for my iCloud account, predictably I had to log in on all my devices again, cool no problems. Now my iMessage handoff don't work, my iPad doesn't always get texts, or if it receives them, no longer lets me send them. I've already signed out of everything and signed back in, multiple times, turned off and back on the hand off from my iPhone, still doesn't seem to work. I can view the messages that I've sent from my phone, but now it doesn't even notify me that I have new messages. Any suggestions? Should I just turn off 2 factor? It was working fine before I did this...

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Did you log out of everything before doing this? I find my devices get upset if I change settings like that without signing out before. I know this really doesn't help but just curios

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

My phones been sitting at 1% for the last three hours. Just last week I wore it all the way down to 0% and then charged it all the way up...any ideas?

iPhone 6s, latest iOS.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think you know where you have to go.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
The therapist for OCD

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Any of you guys have experience using those bluetooth credit card size devices that allow you to use another sim card at the same time?

Like this thing: https://www.amazon.com/Crony-iPhone...3T5VW6YVRPFFJ8T

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

rear end Catchcum posted:

The therapist for OCD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

decypher posted:

Did you poop people know that the flashlight switch on the flashlight button in CC actually moves on/off?

That's a nice detail.

Josh Lyman posted:

It doesn't though?

Force touch the button...

:aaa:

Speaking of force touch wouldn't it be cool if you can give folders a "default" app? That way you could throw your Netflix, HBO, and Hulu app on your home screen in one folder. Press it normally and it opens Netflix. Force touch and it opens up the folder.