Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Wolfsheim posted:

This Thread moves way too fast keep up with but did news really come out today that the reason Donald Trump thinks voter fraud is a thing is a second hand story he heard about dark-skinned people voting once

Yeah. A German guy who can't vote was supposedly like "Woah, a bunch of Latinos" and that proves that there's voter fraud. Trump is like Idi Amin level nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

passionate dongs posted:

the press conference begins

sean spicer is shoved out of that little door next to the podium in the press room

he adjusts his tie and faces the wall visual aid that president trump insisted upon

i bet theyre going to wire up the dais in the white house press room like a cattle prod so trump can administer real-time electric shocks to spicer every time he isnt yelling at the press loudly enough or darky-besuited enough

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Yeah. A German guy who can't vote was supposedly like "Woah, a bunch of Latinos" and that proves that there's voter fraud. Trump is like Idi Amin level nuts.

And he never said that even. And he hates Donnie too.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

emfive posted:

OK let's think about it.

You're going to build a 100 foot long wall, 30 feet high and 3 feet thick, of high-quality reinforced concrete. The wall is going to be anchored into the ground with a 10 foot drop.

You have to come up with a rebar design (that's a thing, you know) appropriate to the intent of the wall, and then you have to form a web of rebar for the concrete you're going to pour. You can do it in slabs. You could do it on-site, but since the site is a barren wasteland that's probably not the best idea, so you'll do it remotely.

So you're making slabs of wall maybe 10 feet wide at some facility along the border. Note that the wall needs to be at least 1000 miles long (not counting meanders) so that facility may need to move two or three times.

You need to get those huge slabs of wall (40-ish feet tall by 3 feet thick) from the fabrication facility to the wall site. You can really only do that with a large semi tractor-trailer. Problem is, there are no roads that go to most of the area where you're building the wall. So before any of this gets underway, somebody needs to create a transportation network whereby the road sections - not to mention all the other things needed by the 1000 or so people working on the wall construction need to survive day by day - can get from the point of fabrication to the place where they'll be appended to the wall-in-progress.

Your typical highway bridge is probably a few million dollars, at least. 1000 miles of this poo poo through the middle of nowhere is going to be vastly more expensive.

So this 100 foot long chunk of wall. How much would it cost? I'm guessing it would cost $1,000,000 dollars. That makes the border wall cost around $50 trillion dollars.

Ok so I'm nuts; a 100 foot stretch of wall, all told, only costs $100,000 dollars. That's all in on what I wrote above: fabrication, transportation, infrastructure around the wall zone, etc. That makes it only $5 trillion dollars.

For the entire wall to cost $400 billion dollars, that 100 foot chunk of wall - all told, including all peripheral costs - would have to cost about $7000 dollars. That's about the price it would cost to build a deck on the back of a normal suburban home.

The wall is an insane fantasy.

as a builder i think $1million for the 100ft is completely reasonable

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

tacodaemon posted:

there are areas along the border like say here where the wall will be composed entirely of the voices inside trump's head

for real. people don't get just how big the texas border is.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I've made a handy chart for your livers.

Just don't get into that far right one.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the last time bush tried to make a fence it ended up being an incomplete unfinished boondoggle

our border is going to look like it has meth mouth, which is v trump

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Yeah when you say insane poo poo to a group of people they generally tell other people "check out this insane poo poo"

Also lol story is one million percent confirmed.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

in response to federal funds being withheld, california should withhold funds from the federal government.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Wolfsheim posted:

This Thread moves way too fast keep up with but did news really come out today that the reason Donald Trump thinks voter fraud is a thing is a second hand story he heard about dark-skinned people voting once

no

it's because a german national whos relatives say he isn't friends with trump told him a story about brown people voting while he couldn't

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

i bet theyre going to wire up the dais in the white house press room like a cattle prod so trump can administer real-time electric shocks to spicer every time he isnt yelling at the press loudly enough or darky-besuited enough

right now, somewhere within a few miles of my apartment in DC, sean spicer is sitting in his bathtub, razor blade against his wrist, thinking it over, imagining a better place where there's no trump and no dippin' dots, just endless anime conventions and chewing gum for all eternity

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

jarofpiss posted:

as a builder i think $1million for the 100ft is completely reasonable

agreed, and I don't know jack poo poo about building anything

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

nsfw

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

do u think spicer is a brony

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

don't worry about keeping up, just keep your empathy and compassion, and the rest will follow

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/824457459024551936

man

MAN

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

triple sulk posted:

Does global entry work for getting past the wall?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Trump gets his worldview from gut instinct, half remembered anecdotes, and steve bannon. It's shocking to hear the president act like this on television, but it's not shocking like, at all that this is why trump believes the voter fraud thing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

cams posted:

in response to federal funds being withheld, california should withhold funds from the federal government.
new york follows and all of the things sustaining inbreds and the poor souls who are cursed to be their neighbors vanish instantly

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

cams posted:

That would start Civil War probably. Which is to say that I'm all for it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hahaha. Richard Spencer getting punched in the face is the gift that keeps on giving. I love the Nazis exposing themselves as a giant bunch of pussies.
https://twitter.com/realJamesAllsup/status/824327676160720896
https://twitter.com/3stHoerinthians/status/824418801391464448
Trying to make a thing out of a scarf outline being a wrench. Just fuckin lol

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

cams posted:

This would speed up things REAL fast.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

emfive posted:

The wall is an insane fantasy.

In that case it must be a statement of intent, I just can't for the life of me figure out what that is. Best guess is building a continued narrative of "ineligible voters" that culminates in stripping voting rights from various demographics en masse.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The state of our union....! Is terrific, tolks

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

emfive posted:

There's no loving way a reification of the fantasy wall costs anything less than a trillion dollars.

Every 100 feet of that (fantasy) wall would cost probably $100,000 if you figure in the logistics of building a huge wall in a totally inhospitable part of the world. It's literally an insane fantasy.

[edit] actually 100 feet of tall reinforced concrete wall anchored at anti-tunnel depth into the ground through hard country would be way more expensive than $100,000.

someone is going to tell him that it'd be cheaper to invade mexico and he's going to tweet it

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
trump to implement sakoku and make anime real, per sources

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Politically correct = unwilling to torture

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

cams posted:

:agreed:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hey gang i bet we wish we had one of these right now

coming up soon in the chat. link in op

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot

the black husserl posted:

Border crossing isn't even about human migration anymore. In the past few years it's become almost all drug smuggling. America has a massive appetite for drugs and the cartels will provide. It's the capitalist way.

The Trumpian Border Patrol will be all too happy to raise the drawbridge on THE WALL and let the cartels pass right on through, with a nice little kickback for themselves.

Thank goodness. The last thing I want is for this keynesian makework project to have an impact on the availability of street drugs.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

That DICK! posted:

The state of our union....! Is terrific, tolks

actually after trumps inaugural address i think we might finally get to see someone say something other than the state of the union is strong

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

if there isn't a guy doing the splits to avoid taser prongs in water, then there is no reason to watch that timecop.

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Nichael posted:

Obama was a failure because he sat on information that the Russians were attempting to install a presidential candidate and did, essentially, nothing. Ironically, he allowed our sovereignty to be ceded just like what the crazy right wing nut jobs were saying he would. Except said nut jobs somehow became in favor of giving up our sovereignty. Nothing makes sense. Nothing exists. Probably.

lol are you guys seriously still crying about the Russians.

I think it might be time to get over that BS and engage in some self-criticism about how the democratic party sold their soul to corporate donors and totally betrayed the working and middle class to the point they voted for Trump out of desperation.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

DeepDickPizza posted:

Trying to make a thing out of a scarf outline being a wrench. Just fuckin lol

also how the gently caress does a wrench in your sleeve help you punch someone

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Trumpenproletariat posted:

I think it might be time to get over that BS and engage in some self-criticism about how the democratic party sold their soul to corporate donors and totally betrayed the working and middle class to the point they voted for Trump out of desperation.

i think it might be time to realize that Trump just doubled down on sending the feds to chicago because "it's worse than Afghanistan" and the chicago police are too "politically correct"

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Donkwich posted:

its like how sticking a metal bar in your fake cast helps you beat someone up in pro wrestling

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Donkwich posted:

you've obviously never been in a fight before

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/824458644070674432

:same:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Trumpenproletariat posted:

yeah trump would never hand america to corporate donors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly this. it seems more like a troll move by bannon or maybe even trump but he doesn't seem smart enough for that kind of "gently caress you"

The bigger troll is Pence has a portrait of John Tyler in his office.

• Locked thread