Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DrVenkman posted:

Generally yes. I don't think S2 is bad though. Once you just accept the premise it's an excellent show. I believe this season is their last one as well.

That is what the posters say. Come watch Rihanna get stabbed in the shower!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

True. Is that show any good?

It's terrible. I watched the first season, and the premise is so thin that they have to fill it with tons of superfluous subplots, like a conspiracy of the whole town being involved in drug trafficking.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

EDIT:

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 24, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

If Stephen Merchant is Walter, that could be pretty good.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Nanny Jo knows what's up.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

EDIT: My favorite thing about the Amityville poster is the 79 likes, it reminds me of a local fried chicken place that incorporated 3 and a half stars in the logo. Underselling your own product is never a good idea.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 24, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm pretty sure it's a reference to the original movie coming out in 1979.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The poster says :frogout: but everything about the movie says :getin:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I was just going to make a joke about how Craig Robinson only takes roles that show him playing the piano and then I remembered he had a self-titled tv show where that was the whole premise.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

The MSJ posted:

The poster says :frogout: but everything about the movie says :getin:

This is kind of a cool concept for a poster, but maybe not executed that well. It seems like an idea that is only actually good conceptually

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's just not very evocative. There's so much more you could do with some graphic illustration.

edit: Or staged photo instead of a collage of set stills.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

IMP Awards winners for 2016 have been announced which is whatever but I actually enjoyed their Not So Serious awards line-up where posters got singled out for things like "strangest credit" or "most unfortunate mud placement". It's pretty funny.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

De Niro jacking it in a poster, there's just no bottom on this guy's career.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Palpek posted:

IMP Awards winners for 2016 have been announced which is whatever but I actually enjoyed their Not So Serious awards line-up where posters got singled out for things like "strangest credit" or "most unfortunate mud placement". It's pretty funny.

quote:

Sneakiest Advertising Award goes to Deadpool for their billboard promoting the film as a romantic drama for Valentine's Day.

This was the best posterbillboard for Deadpool.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Calico Heart posted:

This is kind of a cool concept for a poster, but maybe not executed that well. It seems like an idea that is only actually good conceptually

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's just not very evocative. There's so much more you could do with some graphic illustration.

edit: Or staged photo instead of a collage of set stills.

I don't know, I think it's pretty good myself. It's evocative of old 70's era thriller posters while still feeling modern. The only thing I don't like is that the word placement and fonts used make it look like a teaser for a TV series rather than a movie poster, but I'm not a graphic designer so I don't know what exactly it'd take to make it look more movie poster-like.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Palpek posted:

How did we miss this

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Ben Hurr seems like it was real easy to miss

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I missed that Ben-Hur even existed until I saw it playing at one of the screens at my local theater. And even then, I thought "Oh, are they like showing the old one? Neat."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I didn't know Charlie Day was in the Ben-Hur remake.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Waffleman_ posted:

I missed that Ben-Hur even existed until I saw it playing at one of the screens at my local theater. And even then, I thought "Oh, are they like showing the old one? Neat."

I'm certain the re-releasing the Charleton Heston version would have made a bigger profit that that remake did.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Special attention to be paid to the violent explosive horse diarrhea.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ruddiger posted:

I didn't know Charlie Day was in the Ben-Hur remake.

Would've improved it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I learned that there was a Ben Hur remake when I watched this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aomqbq5eIB0

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

flosofl posted:

This was the best posterbillboard for Deadpool.

As cheeky as this is it's not exactly wrong, Deadpool does have a good amount of romantic comedy at its core.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Now 2 Ben 2 Hur : Ben Hur, Done That is never going to get funded.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/GhostInShell/status/824310197527003137

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

I think I had this textbook.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

My Life as a Pickle prequel looking good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That poster looks creepy, but I think it'd be awesome to have Rachel Weisz as a cousin.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

That tagline really works for me, but it's scyfy so I'm worried it's gonna be unwatchable.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Personal Shopper was one of my favourite movies of 2016. I'm hoping for a third film to round out the Assayas/Stewart personal assistant trilogy.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Personal Shopper was one of my favourite movies of 2016. I'm hoping for a third film to round out the Assayas/Stewart personal assistant trilogy.

Yeah I wasn't quite sure what to make of it at first, but it really grew on me and has some of the most genuinely creepy moments of any film I've seen this year even though it's not a horror film. I think I understand why it was booed at Cannes too.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

That poster looks creepy, but I think it'd be awesome to have Rachel Weisz as a cousin.

I think that would create some conflicting feelings for me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

How did we miss this

"Charlie Does a Ben Hur"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mantis42 posted:

My Life as a Pickle prequel looking good.

Nothing short of a miracle!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Cacator posted:

I think I understand why it was booed at Cannes too.

Because it has Kristen Stewart in it?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Anime is real:

Just lol:

Let's make poster design sane again, haha jk:

Cool:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?