Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Slugworth posted:

Oh man, I'm sticking with my interpretation.

(In my interpretation, the ex in Welcome Home is God)

I just copied that straight from Wiki, btw. I only knew the few bits of the story I know for sure because I had some friends that loved every bit of Coheed. (I like some of the music)

In one of the albums there's a song called Ten Speed and it's about a demonic bike that a character, The Writer, speaks to.

e: oh and on the album Second Stage Turbine, i think it's that one anyway, there's a song or two about a girl who goes out with her bf, gets raped, comes home and gets killed with a hammer by her parents. The parents are tricked into killing themselves and their family by some shady dude who tells them their bloodline is the downfall of humanity.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

gently caress Whitey posted:

his name is connor

maybe it's

JOHN CONNOR???? SKYNET IS REAL WE ALL GONNA DIE

It's Carter. That's the best part, when the reporter calls him Carter and he says "actually it's Carter."

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

MacheteZombie posted:

I just copied that straight from Wiki, btw. I only knew the few bits of the story I know for sure because I had some friends that loved every bit of Coheed. (I like some of the music)

In one of the albums there's a song called Ten Speed and it's about a demonic bike that a character, The Writer, speaks to.

e: oh and on the album Second Stage Turbine, i think it's that one anyway, there's a song or two about a girl who goes out with her bf, gets raped, comes home and gets killed with a hammer by her parents. The parents are tricked into killing themselves and their family by some shady dude who tells them their bloodline is the downfall of humanity.

Speaking of so bad, it's good high school music, I have a decent amount of Vitamin String Quartet. They take a lot of songs that should sound really loving good re-arranged as classical/folk music and manage to make them as mediocre as possible. This cover of "We Will Rock You" I somehow got through is just hideous.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

FreudianSlippers posted:

Someone should make a prog rock album where all the songs are about sniffing glue, getting in fights and burning poo poo but are still at least 15 minutes long with elaborate mandolin solos and symphonic xylophone interludes . Then make a sequel album that's all punk but with lyrics that tell a really elaborate sci-fi/fantasy story but the songs are max 2 minutes of screams, howls and 3 chord guitar riffs so distorted it sounds like the amp was broken.

Wasn't Bad Religion's second album a prog album? I know Greg Gaffin's a prog nerd, he named his drat record label after a King Crimson song.

If you want a prog band going punk, though, Bummer Bitch is what you want. Freestone set out to make a song parodying the vulgarity and crudeness of punk rock, and accidentally made one of the best punk songs of all time. I'm not even joking. Dickeye, this is a double-pro-click for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m6hAw1rPGc

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

This is one of the worst comic books I own. And I own a lot of terrible fuckin' comics.

Newo Ikkin is the fictional version of a girl that dumped the real life Claudio forever ago, her name, Nikki Owen.
Yep.

Welcome Home is actually him talking to her dog Apollo about all the poo poo he's been through, and she's a slut, so gently caress her.
Or something.

Delirium Trigger is an awesome song, has a very sinister, Alien feel to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NItTBfA_BM
"we're now up here alone
terror on the intercom
can someone save us
systems malfunction
blast it this drat machine, over and out captain
something lurks
creeps on the counter top
somewhere behind you
parasitic cyst
i can't stand to watch
it's coming up and out of your chest

remember when we were young?"

I think story wise it's the monstar virus coming out of Coheed and destroying the stars.

Eitherway I saw Coheed and Cambria open for Shai Hullud in 2002 or 2003 and it was legit.
Met Claudio after the show, nice dude, but unsurprisingly a bit awkward and super shy.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
The demon bicycle comic looks kinda cool actually

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

the cassette recorder hooked to the computer lmao

I love that. I think LGR did a whole video about that setup.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

wyoming posted:

This is one of the worst comic books I own. And I own a lot of terrible fuckin' comics.

Haha yeah I definitely wasn't trying to endorse it. Delirium Trigger is a dope track, but I think I like Everything Evil a bit more.

K. Waste posted:

Speaking of so bad, it's good high school music, I have a decent amount of Vitamin String Quartet. They take a lot of songs that should sound really loving good re-arranged as classical/folk music and manage to make them as mediocre as possible. This cover of "We Will Rock You" I somehow got through is just hideous.

I am so guilty of listening to a bunch of String Quartet covers.

I have poo poo taste in music, fyi. I listen to Aqua sometimes.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Budgie Jumping posted:

The demon bicycle comic looks kinda cool actually

I haven't read much of the comics, but from what I remember that was probably the coolest thing they did (the artwork spread not the story of the bike)

e: Do any of you remember the "Your band sucks" articles? I am personal friends with the guy that wrote the thread defending coheed.
http://www.somethingawful.com/your-band-sucks/coheed-cambria-reader/

The last one.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 26, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Samuel Clemens posted:

Have you stopped doing the noir lists? Because I really enjoyed those.

Definitely haven't forgotten. There are two more slates left.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

MacheteZombie posted:

Haha yeah I definitely wasn't trying to endorse it. Delirium Trigger is a dope track, but I think I like Everything Evil a bit more.

I am so guilty of listening to a bunch of String Quartet covers.

I have poo poo taste in music, fyi. I listen to Aqua sometimes.

Ironically, their cover of Coheed's In Keeping Secrets is pretty dope.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
This seems topical and also accurate.

https://thenib.com/take-the-l?utm_campaign=web-share-links&utm_medium=social&utm_source=link

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Definitely haven't forgotten. There are two more slates left.

Sweet.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

There's also a pre-noir list out there...That's gonna be way interesting.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Wasn't Bad Religion's second album a prog album? I know Greg Gaffin's a prog nerd, he named his drat record label after a King Crimson song.

If you want a prog band going punk, though, Bummer Bitch is what you want. Freestone set out to make a song parodying the vulgarity and crudeness of punk rock, and accidentally made one of the best punk songs of all time. I'm not even joking. Dickeye, this is a double-pro-click for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m6hAw1rPGc

I didn't know Gaffin had his own label but yes Into The Unknown is a weird prog album that was out of print for almost 30 years until it got repressed for a big vinyl box set

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sorry if this has been posted already but:

https://twitter.com/Chris_Meloni/status/824116345281323008

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I didn't know Gaffin had his own label but yes Into The Unknown is a weird prog album that was out of print for almost 30 years until it got repressed for a big vinyl box set

I mean it's also a lousy album.

What label did he put American out on?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

He faved my tweet fawning over how hot he is, was dope.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

He's like my dad's age and he looks better than I do.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I KNOW WHAT YOUR DICK LOOKS LIKE MELONI

also the fact that the dude who played the WE SHOULD KILL THE RAPISTS cop on svu is against trump warms my heart

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

Baron von Eevl posted:

I mean it's also a lousy album.

What label did he put American out on?

American Lesion was on Atlantic then reissued on Epitaph after Brett got off the crack and they patched things up (I'm assuming xray was thinking of Epitaph to start with, which is gurweitz's label)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

also the fact that the dude who played the WE SHOULD KILL THE RAPISTS cop on svu is against trump warms my heart

His role as the rapist in Oz was pretty good tho.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

I love this man.

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot

ruddiger posted:

His role as the rapist in Oz was pretty good tho.

How do you think I know what his dick looks like

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

You could've just asked your mom.

E:
Because she is a huge OZ fan.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 26, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/babycommie666/status/824470856004833280

Get ready for the squeakel.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

And by "huge" I mean obese.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Nah.
Liberals are poo poo, and "The left is tearing itself apart" is a lazy meme.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

And by "huge" I mean obese.

I'm sorry I messed up your mom joke flow there.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

And here I thought my erection was due to the Meloni tweet.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Rope is good. But, since we're sharing bad opinions, I didnt really like Deep Red all that much. Maybe giallo just isnt my thing? The ending was pretty good tho.

giallo is my thing but giallo is not my thing

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Buncha white people suddenly realizing Trump is bad, and trying to act like voting for Hillary is a badge of honour.
Yes, tell me more about the evils of Bernie Bros. :rolleyes:

Just another view of the same punch.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

wyoming posted:

Just another view of the same punch.

Aw maaaan. My tweet network lets me down again.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

wyoming posted:

Nah.
Liberals are poo poo, and "The left is tearing itself apart" is a lazy meme.

What's especially goofy about it is that it didn't take Bors himself much time at all to stake out positions in these very arguments that he's condemning here, like he did one just this week about how ridiculous it is to clutch one's pearls over Nazis getting punch and I'm like... Matt... my man... you best start believing in the importance and efficacy of leftism vs. liberalism battles... you're in one

Unrelated to anything, but on account of I just caught it again, you know what movie has an absolutely dynamite trailer? Blue Valentine has one of those

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The CSPAM thread seems to think he was punched twice on Punch Day, and the video of the second punch just emerged.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Now I don't know what to believe!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Krazyface posted:

The CSPAM thread seems to think he was punched twice on Punch Day, and the video of the second punch just emerged.

I had heard he was punched a second time after the cameras were off, so, maybe?
Either way, more than one Nazi out there to punch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

He's also played a gay Nazi rapist, dude has acting range.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Hey you guys.

Guess what I just did,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o

:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

She better not still be there if you're telling us this tonight.

• Locked thread