Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ LIQUID TAKE MY ENERGY.

It's not going to happen :'(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Come on liquid.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I demand Hiko clutch bullshit.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I want hiko to make the playoffs. :/

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

I want hiko to make the playoffs. :/

I don't, them making playoffs with this line up is just giving them false results. This line up sucks.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Photex posted:

I don't, them making playoffs with this line up is just giving them false results. This line up sucks.

Hiko never does well, it would be cool to see them do well once.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

Hiko never does well, it would be cool to see them do well once.

..they were in the finals last major, made it to the semis the one before that.

This line up sucks, and tbh Hiko is one of the people i'd like to see shuffled out.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Its sad how much they went to poo poo. I wonder how much trouble the roster is in. There were rumors hiko is on the way to some poo poo team like tsm or splyce, something like that a while ago.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Goofballs posted:

Its sad how much they went to poo poo. I wonder how much trouble the roster is in. There were rumors hiko is on the way to some poo poo team like tsm or splyce, something like that a while ago.

i'd like to think Hiko would just hit the stream life with a hard xD

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Photex posted:

This line up sucks, and tbh Hiko is one of the people i'd like to see shuffled out.

Liquid was in a final? Holy poo poo. I missed a couple majors, how did they get to the finals? Lol

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Cut Hiko and pay a good Euro IGL to come over.

And then you get the Niko

Mr. F! posted:

Liquid was in a final? Holy poo poo. I missed a couple majors, how did they get to the finals? Lol
they got beat by SK at Cologne 2016. What you really need to watch is this match between LG and Liquid from MLG. Greatest chokejob in CSGO history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2xmOmP3JEg

mcvey fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 26, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Mr. F! posted:

they had someone named s1mple

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Liquid looks like a thrown together MM team right now.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Bodied.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Welp they got 0wn3d

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Good gravy, if only they had drawn North or Godsent.

Or hadn't lost twice in OT.

Or hadn't dropped s1mple after he dragged them to a grand final.

I hate being a liquid fan. I just want a good NA team to hang my hat on. :(

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Remora posted:

Good gravy, if only they had drawn North or Godsent.

Or hadn't lost twice in OT.

Or hadn't dropped s1mple after he dragged them to a grand final.

I hate being a liquid fan. I just want a good NA team to hang my hat on. :(

Why did they drop S1mple?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Mr. F! posted:

Why did they drop S1mple?

More like S1mple dropped them. To be closer to home supposedly.
Proof - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjPxl2diwjI

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

the Liquid org treated s1mple pretty lovely, so he left to go back to CIS.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/HLTVorg/status/824453955812020224

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm dumb about my CS teams but I don't know who to pick in Na'Vi vs Astralis

I'm getting a Na'Vi jersey for the major since Liquid got bopped but idk. I like s1mple a lot.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Navi has more talent

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Photex posted:

Hiko just doesn't perform that well and he's not a good IGL, I wouldn't be surprised if he was shuffled out of Liquid and then quit to go hard on streaming. He has a real competitive spirit but his skill just isn't there.

Which would be great because Hiko is a really entertaining streamer.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

RyokoTK posted:

Hiko just doesn't perform that well and he's not a good IGL, I wouldn't be surprised if he was shuffled out of Liquid and then quit to go hard on streaming. He has a real competitive spirit but his skill just isn't there.

Hiko is the only streamer who I have watched instead of actually playing the game.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

NaVi, Gambit, VP, SK to semis

then NaVi vs VP finals

which NaVi will win.

RyokoTK posted:

It's weird, Hiko has this unbelievable ability to win 1vX clutches but is otherwise doesn't perform all that well. That alone might be why he's still on one of the top NA lineups.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

the problem with hiko is that he should be the 4th best player on a given team but he's treated like a star because he clutches decently
he also can't awp or IGL so he's pretty limited in that sense

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

canoshiz posted:

NaVi, Gambit, VP, SK to semis

then NaVi vs VP finals

which NaVi will win.
NaVi, Gambit, VP, FaZe
NaVi, VP
VP to take it all.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

symbolic posted:

NaVi, Gambit, VP, FaZe
NaVi, VP
VP to take it all.

Same .

Pasha gonna curl that trophy.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Is there no team called CS white male

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Agoat posted:

I'm dumb about my CS teams but I don't know who to pick in Na'Vi vs Astralis

I'm getting a Na'Vi jersey for the major since Liquid got bopped but idk. I like s1mple a lot.

It seems like Navis form is just on another level from Astralis so far

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)

symbolic posted:

NaVi, Gambit, VP, FaZe
NaVi, VP
VP to take it all.

My calls are like this:

Astralis is going to edge out a huge grindy match vs NaVi.
Gambit is going to destroy Fnatic in a 16-6 style match.
Even though I'm a huge North fan, I don't think they can stand up to VP with the insecurities they've had the last couple of days.
SK will shut up Karrigan.

Astralis demoralizes Gambit and takes the final spot
VP vs SK is going to be a bloodbath, possibly multiple overtimes.

Finals: I wish.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Too late for me to watch Astralis v Liquid but it looks like it wasn't much of a game. I honestly think this Major that 7 of the 8 best teams made it through to the playoffs which is pretty cool. Speaks to this sort of halfway Swiss system being way more reliable than the old one just because three strikes is way more forgiving than two. OpTic is the only big upset to not reach the playoffs.

Shame Astralis v Na'Vi is in the quarters, but it will be interesting to see who is better between Gambit and fnatic. Both have had something of a charmed run, managing to dodge Astralis/Na'Vi/VP/SK in groups (even OpTic...I guess). And now one is guaranteed a semi spot too.

It'll be pretty cool if post-major we get a new French superteam, the all-star fnatic lineup, a replacement for fox in SK. Then with Astralis, OpTic and Na'Vi you have to say CS has never looked so competitive. Don't think there's ever been six top teams before. With FaZe, North and Gambit all knocking on the door as well.

Lars
Jul 6, 2004

Better Lucky Than Good.
(since 1994)
Yup, it's a great time to be watching CS. Production quality is way up there as well lately.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Just noticed that SmithZz is actually dead last in terms of player rating at the Major. Actually worse than Spiidi. Really wasn't kidding when I said that guy is single-handedly crippling G2. Worse than every IGL, except he's their dedicated AWPer and their biggest moneysink too. It's pretty depressing but he fell off a cliff skillwise a long time ago. Can't wait to see him go to a coach role. Saw him fumble so many critical plays in G2's games, there's no doubt in my mind that even a regular below average pro AWPer would have probably allowed G2 into the playoffs.

Early days yet, but some interesting names at the bottom of the list too. NEO, Xyp9x, disco doplan, and both TACO and FalleN. Early days yet, but still. You don't expect B1ad3 to have a better rating than these guys, who all made it to playoffs, after going 0-3 in groups.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Faceit has launched a pretty neat update, among which is a public ban list to go with their new anticheat system, and it is pretty depressive reading:

https://www.faceit.com/en/bans

Just a ridiculous amount of people getting cheating bans on a daily basis, not even counting the automatic vac related bans, some of which have played hundreds of matches :l

e: general update info
https://blog.faceit.com/ban-list-admin-panel-classic-offensive-tweaks-and-a-few-more-things-77c563b5623a#.19bk0jjeb

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 26, 2017

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

127 bans A DAY?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
38% of all of them have been banned in their first match :laffo:

It's too bad Faceit is free.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Why is there no EL today?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

LochNessMonster posted:

Why is there no EL today?

Group stages are over. I think it's pretty common for there to be a break before the playoffs during majors. They're playing the top 8 over 3 days due to all matches being BO3 from here on out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

canoshiz posted:

Group stages are over. I think it's pretty common for there to be a break before the playoffs during majors. They're playing the top 8 over 3 days due to all matches being BO3 from here on out.

Ok, never noticed at previous majors so it surprised me.

This lack of real eSports made me watch a SC2 tournament earlier today. And I haven't even played SC2 ever.