Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
These people can find all the work they want in the gulags somewhere in Alaska.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ScrubLeague posted:

Urbanization is the wrong approach anyway. Ruralization is the only way. I'm relatively rural right now and I'm looking to increase my Rural Factor by at least a doz in the next decade.

unironically this

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
People don't want the truth. It's why we elected Reagan, it's why we elected Bush, and it's why we elected Trump. They want to be told what they already believe.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Digiwizzard posted:

finally, someones saying it! the problem with neoliberalism is there's too many welfare queens and not enough tax cuts for job creators!!

Show me where I said anything about tax cuts to job creators. I just want liberals to give the conservatives what they actually want when it comes to welfare, in their states. Maybe after several months, they would have different opinions?

Condiv posted:

i looked on kayak/expedia for tickets for march 15th, one way. you got some secret low-price ticket site I don't know of?

also, lol that your solution is literally for rural people to uproot themselves from their support bases and families to go be homeless in seattle till they can (hopefully) establish themselves in seattle. that's not a frightening prospect at all, i mean look at how easy it is to get off the streets!

btw, what are rural people with wives/husbands and children supposed to do? abandon them to go live on the streets of seattle till they make enough at mcdonalds to bring them to the big wonderful liberal city? also, i wonder if being arrested for vagrancy will have any effect on rural person's ability to pull themselves up by their bootstraps

I'm literally using conservative ideas & ideals, are you saying they aren't very good?

Try shopping around in the members sections of airlines, you'll often save more while still applying for membership. Also consider flying to your nearest high traffic airport first, and making your own layover plans.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Condiv posted:

"i was smart enough to be born in a liberal cosmopolitan paradise, why can't you idiot rurals be smart like me :smuggo:"

the state borders aren't closed yet

but the red state ur in probably has less than adequate social services so you can't afford to move

the current modern day catch 22

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Condiv posted:

"i was smart enough to be born in a liberal cosmopolitan paradise, why can't you idiot rurals be smart like me :smuggo:"

I was born, and raised, in rural america. I chose to make life easier because I realized what a shitheap conservative politics are.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

These people can find all the work they want in the gulags somewhere in Alaska.

please make a gulag here because finding work outside of Anchorage is almost impossible

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Doublestep posted:

please make a gulag here because finding work outside of Anchorage is almost impossible

lol just cook meth like everyone else up there

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Trumpenproletariat posted:

So are there seriously people in this thread going the Hillary route of "America is already great", telling people things are awesome with plenty of great jobs out there for the taking - And if their own experiences differ it must be their own fault for choosing to live in a backwoods hick town?

Because that didn't really work out too well this past election.

i can't get a job interview for entry level retail with a bachelor's degree in loving phoenix. those rural fucks in like, wilcox and camp verde are hosed.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
not actually endorsing cooking meth

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
sewer inspection is almost always hiring

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Wow why are houses so fuckin expensive in Anchorage? Is there like a nearby suburb that has affordable poo poo?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ScrubLeague posted:

Wow why are houses so fuckin expensive in Anchorage? Is there like a nearby suburb that has affordable poo poo?

ive got a whole rage thing about yukon real estate prices but u prob dont want to hear it

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Baloogan posted:

the meth cookers live 600 miles to the north

i'm in the only slightly blue city in a giant sea of red

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

KiteAuraan posted:

i can't get a job interview for entry level retail with a bachelor's degree in loving phoenix. those rural fucks in like, wilcox and camp verde are hosed.

ive actually inspected sewers & storm drains for ADOT

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Tonetta posted:

I'm literally using conservative ideas & ideals, are you saying they aren't very good?

why would i, i'm not a conservative. unbelievably, democrats and leftists exist outside of coastal cities, and when you threaten to starve rural america you're saying we should be starved too

quote:

Try shopping around in the members sections of airlines, you'll often save more while still applying for membership. Also consider flying to your nearest high traffic airport first, and making your own layover plans.

i have literally never made enough money in my life that i could even conceive of signing up for an airline membership

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Our conservative politics keep failing us and no business wants to set up shop here, better skullfuck the rest of america with them too

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Baloogan posted:

ive actually inspected sewers & storm drains for ADOT

oh my god baloogan mighta inspected my poop :O

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

ive got a whole rage thing about yukon real estate prices but u prob dont want to hear it

Honestly Yukon America sounds like a fuckin great place for me to live, just as long as there's passable roads and I can get to a city with a grocery store within half an hour.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

KiteAuraan posted:

lmao if you live outside of tucson. phoenix, or flaggstaff just lmao

there is quite literally nothing at all outside of these three cities in az except an occassional trailer or ostritch farm or the popes observatory

arizona is basically a death corridor for illegals and its so lol that they want to build a wall here, just let them die in the desert like theyve been doing for decades

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Baloogan posted:

Baloogan posted:

not actually endorsing cooking meth

C'mon Baloogs we're pretty close to getting why you go up in the woods for half a year.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Tonetta posted:

I was born, and raised, in rural america. I chose to make life easier because I realized what a shitheap conservative politics are.

i literally do not understand your mindset at all. i too grew up in southern states and left for a bigger city, but I don't want my home state to shrivel up and die or my family and friends stuck in states like that to suffer

Trumpenproletariat
Nov 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Condiv posted:

i looked on kayak/expedia for tickets for march 15th, one way. you got some secret low-price ticket site I don't know of?

also, lol that your solution is literally for rural people to uproot themselves from their support bases and families to go be homeless in seattle till they can (hopefully) establish themselves in seattle. that's not a frightening prospect at all, i mean look at how easy it is to get off the streets!

I don't even live in a rural area. I'm an hour from New York City by bus in New Jersey, which has some of the most deprived areas in the country despite being close to a major hub city of commercial and economic activity! Imagine that :monocle:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Ramadu posted:

lmao if you live outside of tucson. phoenix, or flaggstaff just lmao

flagstaff seems a bit small honestly, it's mostly retail work and USFS and NPS jobs (oh gently caress, that's d e d). phoenix and tucson are basically the only places to live if you want the meager work that exists in this state.

also, gently caress you prescott, you californian infested water-poor idiot land that grew massively.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I had a pretty good time in Phoenix when I went there like a decade ago, but I wouldn't want to live near there. I already live in Texas and it's too fuckin hot, no thank you.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What was the thing trump was doing where he was all "today we start building the wall" or whatever

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm looking at the real estate map for Juneau, is this even a city?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

KiteAuraan posted:

flagstaff seems a bit small honestly, it's mostly retail work and USFS and NPS jobs (oh gently caress, that's d e d). phoenix and tucson are basically the only places to live if you want the meager work that exists in this state.

also, gently caress you prescott, you californian infested water-poor idiot land that grew massively.

down here we call it preskitt *tips cowboy hat*

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

What was the thing trump was doing where he was all "today we start building the wall" or whatever

he wanted to build the wall, but it turns out he didn't have enough ore reserves.

also, mexicans can research heavy pummels so honestly, even shield walls would be a waste.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Condiv posted:

i literally do not understand your mindset at all. i too grew up in southern states and left for a bigger city, but I don't want my home state to shrivel up and die or my family and friends stuck in states like that to suffer

Why don't you want them dead?

Trump wants em dead.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Condiv posted:

why would i, i'm not a conservative. unbelievably, democrats and leftists exist outside of coastal cities, and when you threaten to starve rural america you're saying we should be starved too

i have literally never made enough money in my life that i could even conceive of signing up for an airline membership

Airline memberships are like $50 and usually save anywhere between $100-$200 on their first use alone. You've spent at least $30 on these forums.

I realize that the journey is a difficult one, but it is obtainable. Unfortunately, it is the country we live inb& I don't see that changing in the near future. Consider setting up long term goals, if nothing else. It's better than trying to survive out there.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was just wondering like if it was just trump meeting with building contractors or something like that or what

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
http://www.alaska.net/index.html

quote:

Not as expensive as you might think
The cost of living in many cities throughout Alaska is affordable and is significantly less expensive than San Francisco, Honolulu, Manhattan and a handful of other U.S. cities.

Alaska bro u need to rethink this strategy

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

http://www.alaska.net/index.html

Alaska bro u need to rethink this strategy

lol, how does it stack to anywhere that isn't BUTT gently caress EXPENSIVE LAND?

like honestly, if i ever moved north of say, flagstaff, it would be to like, vancouver island or some poo poo. not to loving the ice state of hoth.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Fairbanks actually looks pretty affordable, how's Fairbanks

I wonder if I can talk my wife into moving to Alaska

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Can't believe there's a guy in here having to explain why he shouldn't be starved to death even though he lives in a rural area lmao

I don't want you to starve to death candiv buddy

Tonetta posted:

Our conservative politics keep failing us and no business wants to set up shop here, better skullfuck the rest of america with them too

It amazes me how dems aren't attacking the GOP and blaming them for how destitute rural America is

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

ScrubLeague posted:

I'm looking at the real estate map for Juneau, is this even a city?

Juneau, it really doesn't seem like one.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ScrubLeague posted:

Fairbanks actually looks pretty affordable, how's Fairbanks

I wonder if I can talk my wife into moving to Alaska

isn't it dark for like 6 months out of the year up there? i saw a movie where vampires went to alaska cause of that so i just assume alaska is half draculas every year now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Yossarian-22 posted:

I just realized that all the Hollywood propaganda movies that warned us about the Russians and Nazis taking over America had a point

Ed Balls

• Locked thread