Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Adiabatic posted:

lol i super cant talk im trying to sell cars and keep ending up with more

drat you iforge :argh:

Can I interest you in a Datsun perhaps? You need more white 80s minitrucks in your yard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Boss still said I looked like hell and gave me the shift block off, with pay despite me not having any actual sick days.

Good on your boss.

We just got a new HR software suite at my office, and I was poking around in it and discovered that apparently my company is really bad at keeping track of sick days for salaried employee's, even when said employee has made sure to put every single day used into the time tracking system (not really time cards, since salary, but used to track time against different projects).

According to my personal records I should have 17 sick days available. According to the new HR system, I actually have 39 sick days available. :dance:

I asked my boss what to do about it, and he said "That will come in handy if you ever get really sick and somehow manage to use up your 6 weeks of major medical". Heh.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

slothrop posted:

As a Person in a highly emontojnal state, are there any NSW, Australia goons awake who wanna play uber in the Blue Mountains? I've been waiting an hour for a cab and they're telling me "2nd in line" for the last 40 minutes. Cat Terrist get the gently caress up here and redeem my opinion of subarus

Get on down here sometime, I have BBQ and apparently alcohol if what I see Kaptain Ballistik leaves in the garage correctly.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Interior pics from the CL ad

Passenger side front door looks like it has some issues at the bottom

This car's owner is clearly a slob and that's just one of many good reasons to pass it up

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

This car's owner is clearly a slob and that's just one of many good reasons to pass it up

It'd fit right in among my cars.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Looks like a hosed shitbox that can only lead to regret

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

gimpsuitjones posted:

Yes but a cool looking shitbox.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

gimpsuitjones posted:

But enough about my brain,

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Shitbox ownership is a life enriching experience.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
rhyno did you date any old mazdas way back when? you may want to get a dna test with this one.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

gimpsuitjones posted:

Sounds like the perfect AI car then.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

The Locator posted:

Good on your boss.

We just got a new HR software suite at my office, and I was poking around in it and discovered that apparently my company is really bad at keeping track of sick days for salaried employee's, even when said employee has made sure to put every single day used into the time tracking system (not really time cards, since salary, but used to track time against different projects).

According to my personal records I should have 17 sick days available. According to the new HR system, I actually have 39 sick days available. :dance:

I asked my boss what to do about it, and he said "That will come in handy if you ever get really sick and somehow manage to use up your 6 weeks of major medical". Heh.

Yeah, until they reconcile that poo poo.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

gimpsuitjones posted:

You should see the shitbox I'm trying to resurrect, that Mazda would be considered pristine

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yes but a cool looking shitbox.

I would assume the transmission is probably garbage or close to it at this point.

Other than that it looks like a fun shitbox. Is it RWD?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You should see the shitbox I'm trying to resurrect, that Mazda would be considered pristine

Yeah, my project car aspires to one day be considered a shitbox. If the worst thing that you can say is that the owner's a slob, you're in good shape

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

wallaka posted:

Yeah, until they reconcile that poo poo.

I'm still keeping my own records, but the old HR system was a huge pile of crap and many of the managers didn't use it, and even if you put your time into it the managers often wouldn't check and 'approve' them so they'd drop off. I doubt it will ever get fixed, but not planning on using it anyway, and it doesn't get paid out if I leave, so it's just a funny number for me to joke about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I would assume the transmission is probably garbage or close to it at this point.

Other than that it looks like a fun shitbox. Is it RWD?

gently caress yeah it is.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Rhyno posted:

gently caress yeah it is.

Did you buy it yet?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HandlingByJebus posted:

Did you buy it yet?

Sent a few texts back and forth. Gonna try to grab a friend and go check it out on Saturday.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

It seems I'll be getting my new old car about a week earlier than I expected. :dance: The dealer apparently knew a neat little paper trick to speed up things up. I'd elaborate but it's just a bunch of boring (and ever so slightly shady) Japanese bureaucracy. On the downside it means I'll have to re-register it again once it's arrived here but it won't be my first trip to the registration office so it shouldn't be too bad. The only question left is do I want to spend the extra $40 bucks to get custom plates? Bear in mind in Japan that's just 4 numbers, boring.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Olympic Mathlete posted:

lern2suspension settings n00b

Probably........

Adiabatic posted:

That sounds like a lot of fun hahaha

We all know its hot steaming garbage but what specifically is it doing?

It feels like the cg is really up high. The weight is flying around when you brake heavily, turn, etc.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

cursedshitbox posted:

you need a 300TD. it'll pick good friends too.
I want one of these slow bastards for some reason. Girlfriend was looking at Subarus to replace her Tacoma but I've almost convinced her a slow rear end old Mercedes is a much better choice. There's no way this will backfire in spectacular fashion right?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Harbor Freight's got their small dollies on sale for 8 bucks again. Everyone should go get a handful.
Website is still showing the 1500lb dollys at $53 - http://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-1500-lb-capacity-vehicle-dollies-67338.html
Wood moving dollys are down at $10 a piece though - http://www.harborfreight.com/18-In-x-12-In-1000-lb-Capacity-Hardwood-Dolly-63098.html

CharlesM posted:

It feels like the cg is really up high. The weight is flying around when you brake heavily, turn, etc.

CharlesM posted:

Trying to race a Pontiac Aztek around the Nordschleife...
It's kind of a top heavy beast so that's expected. You'll just have to play with suspension to minimize weight transfer and memorize the hell out of the track.

Think we're going to be fostering another litter of puppies if we can figure out where to put them. Garage is good but chilly at night and there isn't really space other than the workout area. Guest bedroom is perfect except puppies are loud and I like sleep. May be moving them back and forth between garage and guest room. Expect lots of dog pictures if we do, think it's three shepard mix mutts around seven weeks old...so loud any full of dagger teeth.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Yeah, the wood ones. There's a coupon for $7.99. I don't know if I buy the 1000 lb rating, but they're definitely handy for having around. Lloyd was moving his Amazon around on 4 of them.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
On one hand, I hate insomnia. On the other hand, the inability to sleep for multiple days let's me get a bunch of random poo poo done that would be normally difficult to find time for.

I've burned through 2 spools of flux core wire so far and I think that despite not being confident enough to do anything related to structural strength, I can do very basic fab work that is embarrassingly ugly. I really need to get an angle grinder or something, I have more slag to clean up than I have Dremel cutoff wheels left

Speaking of which, slag is much hotter than I expected. I was being lazy and left a catch basin full of coolant under the exhaust pipes I was working on. Halfway through attaching a new O2 sensor bung, I noticed that I was holding an arc generating tool and standing in a giant puddle. The slag was so hot that despite only a little bit of it falling into inches of ice cold coolant, it still melted holes in the basin and flooded my garage. Lesson learned...

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

The Door Frame posted:

I've burned through 2 spools of flux core wire so far and I think that despite not being confident enough to do anything related to structural strength, I can do very basic fab work that is embarrassingly ugly. I really need to get an angle grinder or something, I have more slag to clean up than I have Dremel cutoff wheels left
A grinder and paint makes me the welder I ain't

I'm at about the same spot with my welding. I'll tack things together and if it isn't structural run a bead. Ff it needs to not fail I'll tack it then bring it to someone that knows what they're doing.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Rhyno posted:

Automated swiveling vents

We had a 1989 626 when I was a teenager. Those vents were one of the coolest features on the car, and it was a nice car for what it was, I loved it, learned to drive in it.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Enourmo posted:

I mean, i pretty much did; I hung out with him a couple times after to try and "patch things up", but I eventually wised up and I haven't seen his rear end since like 2011. That's what's driving me nuts, dude's completely out of my life but I'm still obsessing over this bullshit.

Obsessing over poo poo like that is very, VERY difficult for me as well. But we have to work on letting stuff in the past stay in the past if its loving up our today. I know that's so much easier said than done. But it takes work to let things go. So keep the good stuff, this motivated you to get in shape, and chuck the rest in the gently caress it bucket.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Yeah, the wood ones. There's a coupon for $7.99. I don't know if I buy the 1000 lb rating, but they're definitely handy for having around. Lloyd was moving his Amazon around on 4 of them.

I also moved my C70 around on them which is significantly heavier. And yeah dunno about 1000 lb but they're fuckin awesome, I keep accidentally storing engines and transmissions on them so I never have any to use.

What's really sad is that I have enough heavy car parts to use up all my dollies stuffed in a 20x20 garage. I need to purge.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

A grinder and paint makes me the welder I ain't

I'm at about the same spot with my welding. I'll tack things together and if it isn't structural run a bead. Ff it needs to not fail I'll tack it then bring it to someone that knows what they're doing.

I need to learn to weld one of these days. I could definitely use more "welding for the kids at the front of the class" type poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZvMsnSUDqo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Slung Blade posted:

We had a 1989 626 when I was a teenager. Those vents were one of the coolest features on the car, and it was a nice car for what it was, I loved it, learned to drive in it.

Did a lot of reading last night, looks like the modernish Mazda V6s can be fitted to the engine bay with little problem. I wonder how hard it is to cram a rotary in there.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

They came with 13Bs in at leasy japan. And a 2.0 turbo. loving mazda made my dream car, they just made it 30 years ago. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I owned a '93 929 a couple years ago and despite a crumbling interior (PO was nuts) it was solid enough. Huge scene for them in Japan with plenty of rotaries. I just want this car to DD in during the milder seasons. Dude on Mazda247 tells me he gets 27mpg on average in his and it takes 87 octane.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

After seeing how easily Hammond could slide his 4 door Maserati around, that 929 should be a really fun daily.

Edit: It's an auto, so shift kits are $70 ( https://cobratransmission.com/shift-kit-rl4r01a-re4r01a-r4a-el-re5r01a-1105055-1)

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 26, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Did a lot of reading last night, looks like the modernish Mazda V6s can be fitted to the engine bay with little problem. I wonder how hard it is to cram a rotary in there.

Its called the Cosmo basically. A 20B will easily fit.

And they go like poo poo off a shovel

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Rotary Luces are the best sleepers. Also why the RX-5 was so disappointing.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Passed a first-gen Dodge Grand Caravan on the highway and now I want one. I don't even have kids! :downs: Nobody on craigslist has one for sale and ebay has two up for auction: one out of my price range, another garbage. Is there a secret mopar corner of the internet where someone with brain damage like myself could at least peruse to find one?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

scuz posted:

Passed a first-gen Dodge Grand Caravan on the highway and now I want one. I don't even have kids! :downs: Nobody on craigslist has one for sale and ebay has two up for auction: one out of my price range, another garbage. Is there a secret mopar corner of the internet where someone with brain damage like myself could at least peruse to find one?

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?81033-Clean-low-mileage-unmolested-turbo-caravan-(Ohio)

edit: this one runs 13s! http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?79692-1989-Plymouth-Voyager-a523-Hybrid-turbo-in-Great-Condition

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 26, 2017

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

scuz posted:

not kinkshaming but we dont really want to know about your turd fetish

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

not kinkshaming but we dont really want to know about your turd fetish

You sound like someone who got smoked by a turbo minivan.

My favorite part of the turbo caravan thing is the owners know that no amount of money in performance parts can ever make the van be worth more than $2500 and they still do it anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Watching death in paradise and there was concern someone had tampered with their JEEP

• Locked thread