Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Front squats are rough. I've got the DOMS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Instead of getting really strong I'm having better results with doing minimal exercise but hanging around really out of shape people.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
Deadlifted 315 for the first time today. So that's nice.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Doesn't it suck when your streak of awesome gym days comes to a halt?

I've been setting PRs for the last week generally going 110% and today sucked rear end. No interest in lifting anything, I had 0 pump and almost skipped arm day. I think the volume caught up with me. I've been stuffing my face but the scale is stuck so I'm going to do a cycle of 6oz chicken, 1lb of sweet potatos, pasta and veggies and get fat as poo poo.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Smeed posted:

do a cycle of 6oz chicken,

uhhh i hope youre cycling this like many times a day

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Green Crayons posted:

sup. went to the gym today. trip report: gym between 8 and 9 is boring af in terms of people watchin. just gotta lift by myself. not a big commercial gym so that's definitely the prob. sorry for the boring story but you asked. will update tomorrow after i gym, see if things improved (they won't).

boring again tonight. my squats are getting deep, though. can't wait for my knees to give out.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tolkien minority posted:

uhhh i hope youre cycling this like many times a day

Blast n cruise life bro. Chicken has a short ester so I've gotta consume twice a day.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I can it "CNE" (chicken, no-ester).

I had to come back to post that because I thought it was funny.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Squats are impossible and gay

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Try chicken hex its the best of both the long and short chicken esters and you only need to intake it every 4 days.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Paper Diamonds posted:

Deadlifted 315 for the first time today. So that's nice.

congrats.

also, welcome to hook grip.

Defiant Sally posted:

no u

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

For leg day i usually just get on the leg press with zero weight and do quarter reps while reading.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Green Crayons posted:

also, welcome to hook grip.
Advantages of being large: could double overhand 315 the first time I lifted it.

Not taking potshots at 315 either. That's a big deadlift milestone.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 26, 2017

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
Thanks swole goons. The hosed up thing is that I hit 300 for a triple on squats last week. I just suck at deadlifting..................and also benching. :iiam:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you have a strong rear end

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Zzulu posted:

you have a strong rear end

Defiant Sally posted:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Defiant Sally posted:

Paper Diamonds posted:

Thanks swole goons. The hosed up thing is that I hit 300 for a triple on squats last week. I just suck at deadlifting..................and also benching. :iiam:
Yeah. My deadlift is more than 50% ahead of my squat weight wise. At the rate I'm going with dumb injuries, my bench is going to catch up to my squat and it started so much lower.

You squat more than I do. :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you have a weak rear end

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
nvm, i just gotta keep eating everything in fuckin' sight. Another 1,000 cals before bed. I'm setting alarms on my phone to eat at this point, gently caress it.

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jan 26, 2017

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zzulu posted:

you have a weak rear end
The rear end is not the problem. I have a strong rear end.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i have my doubts...

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zzulu posted:

i have my doubts...
My deadlift is very rear end centric.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
most ppl put too many stat points in either quad or rear end

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My legs are looking big now that they're the only thing I've been training.

Weight was up as high as it had ever been after christmas. I've added another 4lbs to the scale in leg pump since. God help me if I'd been training upper body as well, I'd be breaking all my chairs.

I need to cut but every time I start I catch another cold.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Khorne posted:

Yeah. My deadlift is more than 50% ahead of my squat weight wise. At the rate I'm going with dumb injuries, my bench is going to catch up to my squat and it started so much lower.

You squat more than I do. :(

I know that feel. I hope I can start benching again soon... but for now, let's work on dat rear end.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Forgive me swolethread for I have sinned, it is the first time I've stepped foot inside this thread.

In other news an acquaintance of mine has joined the gym, he's 250lbs, eats like absolute trash and isn't willing to change that yet wonders why he's still fat. He's bought some Alpha A5 fat burners because his favourite juicehead Aarron Lambo sells them and he thinks he's going to get as jacked as Lambo despite Lambo admitting to doing cycles of roids since he had pocket money. My main annoyance with him is the fact he's posting up poo poo about spending loads of time in the gym but has never touched a barbell. I want to beat him to death with a barbell. I will use this rage instead to lift heavy things later. Thank you for listening.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Beating a fat guy with a barbell would be a great core workout.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

FedEx Mercury posted:

Beating a fat guy with a barbell would be a great core workout.

But don't use a hammer or else it will look like you are doing crossfit.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

It just isnt possible to talk people into being motivated long term

Use threats of violence instead

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Alternatively, belittle them until they cry as often as you can.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Alternatively, belittle them until they cry as often as you can.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Unrelenting humiliation supplemented with physical assault is the cornerstone of motivating friends and family to unfuck themselves.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Leg day again :shepface:

Unplanned increase an extra 10 lbs. Girl next to me was squatting 95 lbs and thrusting her rear end out so far she was basically twerking.

I'm not gonna complain.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I have a similar lift to what she does. Garners lots of stares.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Dear logging and serious questions thread,

Today I failed a 405 squat ( :( ) but I got a 445 double over hand deadlift ( :) ). My question is: how do I prevent work stress from effecting my workouts?

TIA

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Jerk off more.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lift before you work duh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Do not work?

Priorities, man

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A stressful job still does more good than harm to your workouts if it lets you buy all the chicken breast and horse drugs you need to grow a thick, solid, tight frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Smeed posted:

Lift before you work duh

Zzulu posted:

Do not work?

Priorities, man

sassassin posted:

A stressful job still does more good than harm to your workouts if it lets you buy all the chicken breast and horse drugs you need to grow a thick, solid, tight frame.

Thank you, friends. I will do all these things.