Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

new warwick is 4.20 levels of broken.

You have a short memory if you think he's that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hes a werewolf, he plays the sax, and hes got sunglasses. like you're an idiot if you dont know hes bad

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Warwick is BROKEN numbers wise but also hes a poo poo rear end champ that doesnt to jack squat. He can suck on my nards dude.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I only played 1 game with the new ww he was my jungler and he played pretty well. He was fed but imo the old fed ww was even more annoying than this one but its hard to tell. He definitely has better earlier ganks though.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I played with one who missed literally every single ult the entire game and never used ult to get away. gently caress everyone who plays this poo poo in ranked on release day.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teikanmi posted:

I played with one who missed literally every single ult the entire game and never used ult to get away. gently caress everyone who plays this poo poo in ranked on release day.

This is why you ban newly released/remade champions

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

^Ya I just ban it but not because its strong but because I don't want my teammates learning how to play Warwick in my ranked games.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

So like I tried out Malzahar support today for the first time.

....this is the most braindead freelo poo poo ever. What the gently caress.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Can vouch, I have never felt an entire meta suddenly turn on its head like this. ADC has felt lovely all season long, but playing with a great support who knew a drat thing about vision and was on an OP champ suddenly meant all those bullshit tanks and assassins stopped being hunters and started being prey. It's unreal how impactful having a skilled support is this season.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has anyone noticed Championship Ahri's damage from autos goes off like a split second after the animation hits. Like, instead of damage occurring right when her auto attack hits, theres a slight delay. I couldn't figure out how I kept missing CS until I noticed that there was a definitive pause before the damage took effect that my minions were sneaking auto attacks into. I compensated for it afterwards, but it feels bad to be punished for having perfect timing on autos.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

mistaya posted:

So like I tried out Malzahar support today for the first time.

....this is the most braindead freelo poo poo ever. What the gently caress.

Well poo poo, sounds like I'll have to try out malzahar and miss fortune support (thanks slyding door/tactician etc. for the posts about the latter btw).

What a beautiful world the season 7 bot Lane meta is, all the fun champions (except Bard, RIP little buddy) are good again.

Also, I'm glad to see my season 4 troll around on a smurf pick adc ziggs pick has finally made it. Truly prescient.

Methanar posted:

When an Azir kills another Azir with a different skin, the dying Azir no longer steals his killer's skin's death animation particles

What even is league?

Tbh this one's kind of cool.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Warwick seems pretty good. Rush tiamat --> cinderhulk --> Titanic hydra --> tank.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I'm super behind on reworks so I'm trying out yorick and he seems super fun. why come nobody uses him?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

anti-magic posted:

It might let some people escape or mean that a jungler gank doesn't turn into a double kill for him some times, but I still feel like he is worth a ban because he is painfully unfun to lane against.

The changes to CoC are quite significant and seem to encourage more diving into the enemy team now. There aren't really any other good keystones for any junglers with CC so I can't seem them switching but a few more top laners might start taking grasp depending on their play patterns I guess.

Comparison of old and new Colossus

Old with L2, 700 hp vs 1/2/3/4/5 enemies: 55,90,125,160,195
New with L2, 700 hp vs 1/2/3/4/5 enemies: 41,82,123,164,205

Old with L9, 1.5k hp vs 1/2/3/4/5 enemies: 165,240,315,390,465
New with L9, 1.5k hp vs 1/2/3/4/5 enemies: 102,204,306,408,510

Old with L16, 2.5k hp vs 1/2/3/4/5 enemies: 285,410,535,660,785
New with L16, 2.5k hp vs 1/2/3/4/5 enemies: 173,346,519,692,865

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Sexpansion posted:

Warwick seems pretty good. Rush tiamat --> cinderhulk --> Titanic hydra --> tank.

I keep seeing people building Titanic on WW, but I'm not seeing what changed to make HP a better buy on new WW than AS, Lifesteal, Resists as before.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

iSurrender posted:

I keep seeing people building Titanic on WW, but I'm not seeing what changed to make HP a better buy on new WW than AS, Lifesteal, Resists as before.

Recommended items

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

iSurrender posted:

Pretty much just the synergy with cinderhulk. You need tiamat for clear, so really titanic or ravenous is probably fine.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Darth Windu posted:

I'm super behind on reworks so I'm trying out yorick and he seems super fun. why come nobody uses him?

he's kind of a niche champion, he's not flashy or intuitive and the pros don't play him for similar reasons as darius or illaoi. i think he's the most fun juggernaut but ymmv

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Warwick chat - haven't given him a go yet but wouldn't red warrior be better over cinderhulk? I was thinking tiamat - warrior - hydra - then both spirit visage/DMP whichever you need first

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

el dingo posted:

Warwick chat - haven't given him a go yet but wouldn't red warrior be better over cinderhulk? I was thinking tiamat - warrior - hydra - then both spirit visage/DMP whichever you need first

His play pattern is basically jump in and lock someone important down then become the focus of the whole enemy team, you want tankiness. Just my opinion, though, we don't really know what's optimal on him yet.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
What is a juggernaut?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RC Cola posted:

What is a juggernaut?

Specifically to league, there was an update called the "Juggernaut update" where they reworked a bunch of bruisers, including Darius, Mordekaiser (:suicide:), Garen, and Skarner.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Warwick's design is very much a sustain damage bruiser. He doesn't have any huge abilities that deal a lot of damage in one hit. His best chance is getting tanky and being an unkillable nuisance in teamfights after the initial lockdown.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

Its pretty simple; a large part of his gimmick is supposed to be split pushing, and the Maiden doesnt actually do that very well.

She's ok in teamfights but quickly turns into a squishlord, and without her he doesn't really have enough damage or CC to occupy top role

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola posted:

What is a juggernaut?

It's a subtype of "fighter" that deals high damage with good tankiness with the trade off of poor mobility. The idea is that juggernauts are scary if they get on you but are easily to keep away. Current juggernauts are Garen, Darius, I believe Mordekaiser and Skarner, and I think sometimes Riot calls Nasus a juggernaut. Darius is probably the best example because he has literally 0 mobility in his kit as a trade off for high damage while building pure tank, but doesn't absorb damage anywhere near as well as a proper tank.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
New yorick is bad

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Tired Moritz posted:

New yorick is bad

Why tho

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

He isn't a goofy ghoul puking hunchback anymore. Now he's all grimdark mcsuperserious, his ultimate is bad, and his kit is bland and not very effective.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

He's fine. Basically a split pushing robot that is probably a worse duelist than other split pushing robots like Tryndamere or like Teemo or top Quinn or Nasus but a better teamfighter. His Slash skin is really good now.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I think MF might be (not so) secretly busted again.

There's an unlisted change to Duskblade of Drakthar that as far as I can tell, happened this patch:

quote:

UNIQUE Passive - Nightstalker: After being unseen for at least 1 second, your next basic attack will deal 50 (+2 per lethality) true damage on-hit

->

UNIQUE Passive - Nightstalker: After being unseen for at least 1 second, your next basic attack against champions will deal 50 (+2 per lethality) true damage on-hit

This plus the base damage buff to Nightstalker, plus the CotC nerf, plus, especially, the Lethality buff, means old MF is back.

This buff basically wins MF the lane if towers aren't down by the time Duskblade is done. You can now proc Duskblade on champions with Q bounces again, which was one of the big reasons MF was broken last season.

I'm currently toying with a build of Duskblade -> Serrated Dirk -> Zerker Greaves -> Youmuus -> Rapid Firecannon -> IE. Cleaver goes somewhere if it's appropriate for your team, LW if appropriate vs enemy team, otherwise Merc Scim/BT/Phantom Dancer at some point. Running that build, a 3 item MF will have +165 move speed (+5% from RFC) and her first attack, from 700 range, will do 2x total AD physical damage + ~130 magic damage + ~200 true damage, if it doesn't crit

I tried it last night with Stormraider's Surge (to get more lethality and because Ferocity keystones fit poorly) and I was an unstoppable killing machine towards the end. It is particularly good against squishies, as the massive range and movespeed will basically guarantee the enormous first attack if they overstep even slightly, and you can reset the monster-attack fully in a couple of seconds in fog of war.

The Mash fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 26, 2017

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
yorick is kind of a standout for juggernauts imo in that he has easy backline access by siccing his ghouls on them with the mist glob or w/e

it's a bit hard for him to participate in a teamfight though unless he has his ult up since a very large portion of his damage is in his pets and prepping a set of ghouls can be a bit tough

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Servaetes posted:

He's fine. Basically a split pushing robot that is probably a worse duelist than other split pushing robots like Tryndamere or like Teemo or top Quinn or Nasus but a better teamfighter. His Slash skin is really good now.

He's fine...worse...than trydamere or teemo.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

yorick is kind of a standout for juggernauts imo in that he has easy backline access by siccing his ghouls on them with the mist glob or w/e

it's a bit hard for him to participate in a teamfight though unless he has his ult up since a very large portion of his damage is in his pets and prepping a set of ghouls can be a bit tough

seems like W would be really good in teamfights!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

I think I would go cleaver every game. 20% CDR and -% armor shred with all that lethality will absolutely destroy anything that gets hit by multiple waves of Bullet Time.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Why does everyone take cotc on wukong

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

How Rude posted:

I think I would go cleaver every game. 20% CDR and -% armor shred with all that lethality will absolutely destroy anything that gets hit by multiple waves of Bullet Time.

Bullet Time basically doesn't matter with this build. Ok, it does, but the real strength is the ridiculous damage of the first hit and how easy it is to get it back up.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Work Friend Keven posted:

I was really struggling to think of strict split pushing champions given that style isn't terribly common right now even in solo q

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Darth Windu posted:

Why does everyone take cotc on wukong

Because people don't think. I've seen it on nu Warwick too lol

E: nuwick

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

The Mash posted:

Bullet Time basically doesn't matter with this build. Ok, it does, but the real strength is the ridiculous damage of the first hit and how easy it is to get it back up.
I've been meaning to play MF again some time and your post made me actually do it.. It really seemed ridiculous, although I did built the Black Cleaver before Firecannon. I was queued with someone lower than me in rank though, so that may have skewed the results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

• Locked thread