Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Samuel L. Chan posted:

I would like to call attention to the fact that a mariachi outfit has just been released in a DLC and you will definitely want to look into this.

But you can't be Raiden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

Me irl, whatever, who cares

Samuel L. Chan posted:

I would like to call attention to the fact that a mariachi outfit has just been released in a DLC and you will definitely want to look into this.

Behold, the power of costumes.

https://twitter.com/apocalypsisnoct/status/823783614232072192

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

holy poo poo

SecretSquirrel
Jun 3, 2003

Masticator

Goddamn those chocobos are awesome

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

:drat:
Can a DLC be GOTY?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

KING

OF

GAMES

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
How much is it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

:chanpop: :trumppop:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

topiKal posted:

How much is it

Looks like a mere £0.39

Also, this:

EDIT: Wait, I found on another site that it's available only for season pass holders.

So, £20.00 then.

(also I have no idea why the Playstation site will only show me prices in British Pounds when I'm in Australia)

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 25, 2017

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Are the costumes Noctis only? Because that Chocobo thing must go on Prompto. At least the cap. Can you even mix and match outfits?

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

There are two outfits for the ongoing Carnival DLC, the mariachi one comes with the Holiday Pack+ which is only available to season pass holders ($25). The other one comes with the regular Holiday Pack which is free but I think you guys already picked it up. They're Noctis only.

Are you guys gonna show off the carnival, by the way? It's not locked behind story progress, there's a separate option for it on the main menu. It's only gonna be available for two or three weeks I think.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

melodicwaffle posted:

There are two outfits for the ongoing Carnival DLC, the mariachi one comes with the Holiday Pack+ which is only available to season pass holders ($25). The other one comes with the regular Holiday Pack which is free but I think you guys already picked it up. They're Noctis only.

Are you guys gonna show off the carnival, by the way? It's not locked behind story progress, there's a separate option for it on the main menu. It's only gonna be available for two or three weeks I think.

I dunno what you're talking about but sure

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: NEW FROG :frogsiren:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Garula! Those guys were one of the early bosses of FF5. Translate pretty well to high-res 3D.

AlouetteNR
Jun 6, 2011
I desperately want a DLC costume for Prompto where it's just him dressed as Jughead.

Also, someone mentioned that sheep milk is a good catalyst earlier. I would also suggest trying either of the drops from the enemies in the airship drop itself, which are plentiful, and insanely broken.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

AlouetteNR posted:

I desperately want a DLC costume for Pompoto where it's just him dressed as Jughead.

Also, someone mentioned that sheep milk is a good catalyst earlier. I would also suggest trying either of the drops from the enemies in the airship drop itself, which are plentiful, and insanely broken.

ftfy

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

That frog quest took me two separate 15-minute sessions to complete. I am impressed and angry you guys did it in five.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I suppose we should be thankful they actually modelled the frogs and didn't just have the "empty space which you have to walk by before a prompt comes up" which they have for other pickups.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Gorilla Salad posted:

I suppose we should be thankful they actually modelled the frogs and didn't just have the "empty space which you have to walk by before a prompt comes up" which they have for other pickups.

On the other hand, they don't sparkle like you're accustomed to be looking for when item-hunting.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I seriously hope the trend of bizarre photos of Gladiolus continue. There needs to be more of that.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

It's actually a game on the NES from 1986, they're doing a remake for phones which was supposed to be released in 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"Is this fun???"

Also pretty psyched about the return of shoopufs.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

I hope y'all are emotionally prepared to hear that sound clip of Prompto singing the victory theme after battles because he's gonna do that a lot

dimenticon posted:

That frog quest took me two separate 15-minute sessions to complete. I am impressed and angry you guys did it in five.

Same, when I did that quest it was also nighttime and I didn't know about the sound cues until much later. :shepicide:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Re: frog exp

Quests give lots of EXP, hunts give lots of cash

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
A much more important detail about the Carnival DLC (or, rather, the patch that enables it) is that it adds the ability to take photos whenever you want.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:pcgaming: DEADEYE :pcgaming:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The magic system looks kind of irritating. Maybe it makes more sense if I was playing it.

Still, this was one of my favorite episodes yet.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

You need to paint those chocobos pink ASAP. I take it the whistle lets you rent a bird out in the wilderness or just call one you have rented?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

NikkolasKing posted:

The magic system looks kind of irritating.

Because it is.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

NikkolasKing posted:

The magic system looks kind of irritating. Maybe it makes more sense if I was playing it.

Still, this was one of my favorite episodes yet.

Sydin posted:

Because it is.

Yeah, even with magic being high damage consumable nukes now. The Magic crafting UI and reaching said UI in a hurry is just, ugh.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Lunethex posted:

You need to paint those chocobos pink ASAP. I take it the whistle lets you rent a bird out in the wilderness or just call one you have rented?

Just call the ones you rented. If your rental period expires, you lose the ability to call the birds. There's an indicator for it in the top right though so it's not too easy to forget.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The racecourse is across the street - you could see it on the map relative to the Winnebago when you slept.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
And the rental machine is right by the guy who gave you the quest. No need to talk to anyone. The camera zoomed in on it when he said you are able to rent Chocobos now.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fun fact: if you ask Ignis to drive you to Deadeye he'll take you to the exit. Noctis and co. can't seem to figure out how move those metal panels blocking the exit, they can only be removed through slidekicks.

dimenticon
Jun 16, 2014

That yellow stand thing it zoomed in on after the quest is where you rent chocobos, and then you can summon them from an R2 button menu in most places. The renting stands are also pretty much anywhere there's a tipster so it's pretty easy to keep your rental topped up.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Nihilarian posted:

Fun fact: if you ask Ignis to drive you to Deadeye he'll take you to the exit. Noctis and co. can't seem to figure out how move those metal panels blocking the exit, they can only be removed through slidekicks.

And that was how I spent one in game day trying to find dead eye in the wrong place.

Also I am like 99% sure catcher22 is someone's tinder handle.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

oath2order posted:

And that was how I spent one in game day trying to find dead eye in the wrong place.

Also I am like 99% sure catcher22 is someone's tinder handle.
It's a twitter handle with one tweet!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That was some awfully dramatic music for a dumb gimmick fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Yeah I was expecting some more cool mid-air combos and counters like seen in that hilariously contrived throw-away boss in the metal gear mech thing

• Locked thread