Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

demonR6 posted:

aaand the fireworks show just started..

they started it 30 minutes early to beat the second wave of the storm. I don't know if they cut any fireworks from the show due to wind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Impromptu magic kingdom visit today woo. Girlfriend making me get her a caramel apple though :3.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Get a Dole Whip. And a Minnie's Bakery cookie. And a Mickey ice cream bar.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Get a Dole Whip. And a Minnie's Bakery cookie. And a Mickey ice cream bar.

And diabetes.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I went for one ride after doing a poor planning idea of bUs hopping from Disney springs to art of animation to magic kingdom lol.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Empress Brosephine posted:

I went for one ride after doing a poor planning idea of bUs hopping from Disney springs to art of animation to magic kingdom lol.

Bus to MK resort and monorail or boat over as Walt intended.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I figured that later I should've just bussed to contemporaryfron Disney springs but I was afraid of getting lost :(

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Headed out to WDW next week and am pretty excited. The people I'm going with want to see Fireworks but as I look through the fastpass+ shows ...isn't there a fireworks show available to see? Any recommendations for what to see while there?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

There should at least be Wishes at MK and IllumiNations at Epcot.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

And, IIRC, those don't have FP availability. Gotta just snag the best viewing you can.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TV Zombie posted:

Headed out to WDW next week and am pretty excited. The people I'm going with want to see Fireworks but as I look through the fastpass+ shows ...isn't there a fireworks show available to see? Any recommendations for what to see while there?

What the others said. Magic Kingdom always has Wishes, and Epcot always has Illuminations. Illuminations does have Fast Passes for a good viewing area, but there are plenty of other nice spots to watch. Just try to get there about an hour early.

You could also book a reservation to eat at the Japanese restaurant (I think it's Edo something) in Epcot around 8:30 pm to watch Illuminations. I'm doing that in March because I heard it's the best spot in the park to watch the show.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

It's Teppan Edo and it's upstairs in the Japan pavilion. It's a great spot. There are TONS of good spots to watch IllumiNations so a FP isn't necessary.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Does anyone happen to remember what the New Years Eve events were at different restaurants at Disney Springs? We're heading back in January 2018 for the Dopey Challenge, and looking at the calendar....we need to arrive by the 2nd, but the 1st is a holiday and the two days before that are weekends, so it's not extra time off work to spend three more days there. I know California Grill (holy poo poo, $650/person!) and a few other places have events, but wondering about restaurants at DS instead.

Also....are the crowds as bad as the internet says?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Christmas and NYE are as bad as you can imagine.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

Omne posted:

Does anyone happen to remember what the New Years Eve events were at different restaurants at Disney Springs? We're heading back in January 2018 for the Dopey Challenge, and looking at the calendar....we need to arrive by the 2nd, but the 1st is a holiday and the two days before that are weekends, so it's not extra time off work to spend three more days there. I know California Grill (holy poo poo, $650/person!) and a few other places have events, but wondering about restaurants at DS instead.

Also....are the crowds as bad as the internet says?

I can vouch for New Years Eve being super bad. Was at Epcot this year, Frozen got to around a five hour-long wait.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Circutron posted:

I can vouch for New Years Eve being super bad. Was at Epcot this year, Frozen got to around a five hour-long wait.

I was at Magic Kingdom this year for NYE, if you stayed behind the castle, it was busy but tolerable. Getting into and out of the park was nutso though.

Next year, I might just watch the fireworks from one of the MK resorts instead.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That's when best option for NYE and 4th of July really. Poly is especially great.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Bottom Liner posted:

That's when best option for NYE and 4th of July really. Poly is especially great.

Poly for the 4th is super dope. Get your favorite rum soaked tiki cocktail, sit on the patio or on the beach and just watch the magic of fireworks just shooting off from every loving which way.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm doing a Ft. Wilderness cabin for July 4th.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I was there the whole week leading up to NYE this year and barely felt it. If you manage your stuff well enough you can have a great NYE. We barely waited in lines and got to do a lot on NYE, but it definitely helped that it was our second day in MK. The crowds are huge, but you can make sure you're eating or sitting or something during peak times. The music is the worst part.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Just booked my vacation at Port Orleans Riverside for the week after Labor Day! I've been several times with my parents, but this is my first time staying on property (my parents are huge Marriott loyalists) and my first time without kids, so I'm looking to make full use of the Disney Dining Plan.

Speaking of the DDP, I read that this time is usually when free dining is offered. If and when it is announced, what is the best way to add it on if I already have the paid plan on reserve? Can I just go to my online reservation and cancel and readd it, or do I have to actually talk to a person?

Coming with me is my first timer boyfriend. What's the thread's opinion on where I should take him first? My mind obviously goes to MK, but some seem to argue Epcot first and MK last.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Shingouryu posted:

Coming with me is my first timer boyfriend. What's the thread's opinion on where I should take him first? My mind obviously goes to MK, but some seem to argue Epcot first and MK last.

Go with your gut and take him to MK first.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah you have to do MK first, it'd be silly not too. I mean yeah it makes the other parks look weaker but still worth it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rip Disney Quest

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rip Disney Quest

July 3rd, huh? I'll believe it when I see it after the last attempt.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never been; is it worth it? Atleast just to visit once?

PS: Moving down in a week :3.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's a ton of fun if you like arcade games. Classic 80s games, modern stuff, pinball, etc. Cast members often get passes or really cheap admission, definitely worth it then. The Buzz Lightyear bumper car/ball launcher ride is super fun too.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do they still have all the VR "experiences"? Those always seemed cool but I bet dated now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah they have the Aladdin carpet thing, and yeah, it's super dated. They have tons of modern arcade things that are awesome though, as well as the giant ship game where you steer and fire canons in teams and the room is surrounded by giant screens and the moving raft game that is similar and "floats" on a giant air pad.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If you happen upon some free entry coupons, it's definitely worth a visit just to do the awesome buzz light year bumper car thing.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Okay I think i'll stop by then. Atleast just so say I saw it. Hopefully tickets can be had cheapish. (will have to check CM discounts)

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Just don't go expecting to actually play the pinball tables. It's obvious they do 0 maintenance on them as most of the tables are broken in some way and the play fields are so incredibly dirty. They have a virtual pinball machine there that is kinda cool, but I have one of those, I went to play real pinball and it was a wasted trip.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lived in New Hampshire right near Funspot so i don't think anything can keep up to their standards on upkeep but thanks for the heads up :(

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

mattfl posted:

Just don't go expecting to actually play the pinball tables. It's obvious they do 0 maintenance on them as most of the tables are broken in some way and the play fields are so incredibly dirty. They have a virtual pinball machine there that is kinda cool, but I have one of those, I went to play real pinball and it was a wasted trip.

Ah man, that's a bummer. Last time I was there only one machine had an issue. I guess they don't give a poo poo now though, for obvious reasons.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I lived in New Hampshire right near Funspot so i don't think anything can keep up to their standards on upkeep but thanks for the heads up :(

Sup, soon-to-be-former NH goon! Pinball Wizard in Pelham is closing soon, stop by one last time before you bounce!

Anyways, booking 3/31-4/6 at CB today. Thanks to Braks for the help! Stoked.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
How much is it to get into DisneyQuest? Is it a deal where you pay and then all of the attractions are free? I'm going in March, so it should still be open, right? I think I saw people standing outside giving out entrance passes once.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tim Whatley posted:

Sup, soon-to-be-former NH goon! Pinball Wizard in Pelham is closing soon, stop by one last time before you bounce!

Anyways, booking 3/31-4/6 at CB today. Thanks to Braks for the help! Stoked.

I've never been! I always stayed away frwith m southern NH. I'm excited for the sunshine though it was -5 today

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Just saw posted that because it is closing Disney Quest will have free Cast Member admission from Mar 8 - July 2 and 50% off for friends and family.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Reinanigans posted:

How much is it to get into DisneyQuest? Is it a deal where you pay and then all of the attractions are free? I'm going in March, so it should still be open, right? I think I saw people standing outside giving out entrance passes once.

Last I checked it's $45 for adults, $39 for kids under 10. And yes, once you pay all the attractions are free like a normal theme park. It's not exactly cutting edge, but it's a nice alternative to Dave & Buster's if you're willing to overlook the older games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I'm still bummed they didn't manage to convert it to some sort of tie in with Wreck It Ralph.