Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Generic male protag

Thankfully we have facial customization. Oh yeah and femshep/femryder instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
As someone who unironically enjoys boning make-believe chicks in video elf games (AKA a Bioware fan) I must admit this video is a bit of a let down. Seems like the choices are Space Sera and Robyn. Bleh.

Maybe I can at least gently caress the Krogan.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Glad to see Koth Vortena's getting work in Bioware's other games.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Megazver posted:

As someone who unironically enjoys boning make-believe chicks in video elf games (AKA a Bioware fan) I must admit this video is a bit of a let down. Seems like the choices are Space Sera and Robyn. Bleh.

Maybe I can at least gently caress the Krogan.

They said there are more fuckable people than in any of their previous games, and that there are a bunch of non-party members you can have your way with.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Jason is back?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Good trailer.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
So, according to the latest briefing, Cora is second in command to Pathfinder Dadryder.
We already know that he bites the dust, thus making one of the twin Ryders Pathfinder.
But, shouldn't the XO become the new person in charge if the top dog dies? Nepotism!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Human's gonna Human

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Going by the briefing video Scott and Sara will have different backgrounds as a replacement for the psychological profiles (war hero, ruthless, survivor). Scott has more military and combat experience, while Sara is a turbo-nerd.

Groetgaffel posted:

But, shouldn't the XO become the new person in charge if the top dog dies? Nepotism!

Her character assessment in the background of the video says she is supposed to succeed the pathfinder. So, it's going to be something like she caves under pressure or is responsible for Alec disappearing (and no one will follow her).

Enigmatic Cakelord fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 26, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Going by the briefing video Scott and Sara will have different backgrounds as a replacement for the psychological profiles (war hero, ruthless, survivor). Scott has more military and combat experience, while Sara is a turbo-nerd.

Her character assessment in the background of the video says she is supposed to succeed the pathfinder. So, it's going to be something like she caves under pressure or is responsible for Alec disappearing (and no one will follow her).

She might be the Cerberus double agent who murders dad-Ryder and the Saren figure of the game.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Zore posted:

She might be the Cerberus double agent who murders dad-Ryder and the Saren figure of the game.

She's a party member though.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Let me tell you about Mhairi in Dragon Age: Awakening. It was like if Jenkins from Mass Effect 1 had had a full marketing push as a party member. A pretty small Kojima-esque swerve, it was awesome.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dug the trailer. Left me wanting more. Looking forward to exploring a new galaxy. And lady-Ryder 4 life.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

AngryBooch posted:

Let me tell you about Mhairi in Dragon Age: Awakening. It was like if Jenkins from Mass Effect 1 had had a full marketing push as a party member. A pretty small Kojima-esque swerve, it was awesome.

to be fair when you look back on her trailers they're literally only from the first mission of the game

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

It's very good that the Ryders are customisable, I don't think much of the default look for either of them.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
You don't think a brown-haired, brown-eyed, brown-stubbled white male is a bold new vision for a videogame protagonist?!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

marktheando posted:

Sequel hook: There is event that is going to come up that at the end of his game that cause a bunch of humans to die instead of the other aliens (had to shut down that section of cryo-freeze, etc) and she is gonna pull a Illusive Man "Humanity First" bit in the new galaxy.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

BexGu posted:

Sequel hook: There is event that is going to come up that at the end of his game that cause a bunch of humans to die instead of the other aliens (had to shut down that section of cryo-freeze, etc) and she is gonna pull a Illusive Man "Humanity First" bit in the new galaxy.

real talk: the last DLC for this game is going to be another Ark arriving, only this one is a last-ditch effort from the Milky Way races to survive the Reaper War. It's gonna have every species that didn't make it on the first Arks, will be infiltrated by Cerberus, and will arrive exactly one week ahead of one, possibly more Reapers

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

marktheando posted:

i look forward to bioware doing solas again

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

AriadneThread posted:

i look forward to bioware doing solas again

Well they could. But if she does turn traitor it has to happen after Ryder becomes pathfinder, so that can't be the reason for her being passed over for promotion.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Pattonesque posted:

real talk: the last DLC for this game is going to be another Ark arriving, only this one is a last-ditch effort from the Milky Way races to survive the Reaper War. It's gonna have every species that didn't make it on the first Arks, will be infiltrated by Cerberus, and will arrive exactly one week ahead of one, possibly more Reapers

It's gonna have a Shepard clone that Cerberus produces after the starting of ME2.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hope the Cain is in MEA.

I also hope you can kill your sibling.

With the Cain.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

tayvaan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNG_szaXNNU

Pretty short but you get a decent look at all of the announced party members.

I already hate every party member they've shown. Except maybe the Krogan. I hope we can leave them out in space somewhere.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I also hope you can kill your sibling.

With the Cain.

Well you aren't going to kill them with the Abel.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gotta say, I really hate Annie Lennox. Hope you can kill her. Like immediately. Or not bring her along.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I also hope you can kill Pebee.

With the Cain.

much better

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

Gotta say, I really hate Annie Lennox. Hope you can kill her. Like immediately. Or not bring her along.

Assuming you mean Cora, that's a very strong reaction to a character we know almost nothing about.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I am not sure of their names. But one looks like mid 80s Annie Lennox album cover w/ that stupid makeup. The dumb look Asari who looks like she discovered hot topic.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
He just wants her aching heart to bleed for him to see.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

marktheando posted:

Assuming you mean Cora, that's a very strong reaction to a character we know almost nothing about.

You have to remember who you are quoting and take that into consideration.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
people have very strong reactions to fictional characters

sometime that reaction is murder, which is a little weird but hey whatever floats your boat

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Bad post sorry.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Trast posted:

You have to remember who you are quoting and take that into consideration.

This is very true.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqZvYgn35K4

can i gently caress SAM

tayvaan
Oct 22, 2010

SAM is inside you and all of your crewmembers already. So yes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Surface to Air Missiles are usually somewhat large. But if you have a hole wide enough, go ahead and gently caress one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

tayvaan posted:

SAM is inside you and all of your crewmembers already. So yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSBzKSpThfc

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Cora's hair is stupid. As such she will be relegated to permanent holodeck jizz mopping duty.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

someone at bioware binge watched sense8 the day they came up with SAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

So how do you get the custom Nomad skin they referenced in the video, is that just the pre-order one?

That guy pulled off "slimy creep" very well.