Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

I can't even get past the first round of phase 1 of the last Krennic event level today, jesus

I'm rocking my empire squad. I lost like 3 dudes on the final stage, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I only have a few guys past 70 and most are G7 so I guess I'm not finishing this thing. Wiggs and Lumi all go before I do and one shot 2-3 guys

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Crumbletron posted:

I only have a few guys past 70 and most are G7 so I guess I'm not finishing this thing. Wiggs and Lumi all go before I do and one shot 2-3 guys

im having trouble with the last stage with g8-10 level 85 guys and they still almost all go before me so dont feel bad.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Pyronic posted:

im having trouble with the last stage with g8-10 level 85 guys and they still almost all go before me so dont feel bad.

Holy crap. Empire must really be the way to go. My dudes (+Boba) are lvl 80/G9 and I think the only guy I lost was RG.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I just autoed it all with my GW Empire team (Palp, Snowtrooper, RG, TIE Pilot, Veers).

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I used my rebel team and rg and it was a breeze.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Finished Zeta challenge for the first time...got no zetas.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
The event was a cakewalk and I was 1 turn away from 3star 9-B give me more OLD BENs as friends so I can 3star pls.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Cracked and used my crystals to buy a rancor raid piece from the shop to I could GIX my Boba Fett.

It feels like a fuckin' worthwhile investment anyway.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

The event was a cakewalk and I was 1 turn away from 3star 9-B give me more OLD BENs as friends so I can 3star pls.

I'd actually recommend Barriss and Wedge. I mean, I guess if you run Old Ben and Lumi with Jedi that'd be decent. If anyone has a decently maxed Ahsoka, they could put that in lead, Ahsoka + Lumi (L) + Jedi would be pretty crazy. Ahsoka + OB with Jedi would be better -- tons of evasion and TM gain on evasion. Maybe worth a shot. Mine's G8, not omegaed (+14% evasion, gain 15% TM on evade -- omega adds 5% TM gain). If you add in JKA, QGJ, Barriss, and Yoda, you'll have a solid chance of beating it.

I've also heard that zQGJ works pretty well, but you'll have to find someone with that Zeta....good luck.

I can put my G8 5* GK in my lead if people want to friend me and try that out -- let me know. He's got 40k ehp (22k hp) with 180 speed with my current setup -- it isn't optimized but it's pretty good. Maxed abilities, might help people that are close, especially anyone that's got a solid Jedi comp.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Malgrin posted:

I can put my G8 5* GK in my lead if people want to friend me and try that out -- let me know. He's got 40k ehp (22k hp) with 180 speed with my current setup -- it isn't optimized but it's pretty good. Maxed abilities, might help people that are close, especially anyone that's got a solid Jedi comp.

Yes please. 189-255-676

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Yes please. 189-255-676

Oh, um, added you, but I've got 3 energy right now...I'll get on in an hour and set that straight.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Malgrin posted:

I'd actually recommend Barriss and Wedge. I mean, I guess if you run Old Ben and Lumi with Jedi that'd be decent. If anyone has a decently maxed Ahsoka, they could put that in lead, Ahsoka + Lumi (L) + Jedi would be pretty crazy. Ahsoka + OB with Jedi would be better -- tons of evasion and TM gain on evasion. Maybe worth a shot. Mine's G8, not omegaed (+14% evasion, gain 15% TM on evade -- omega adds 5% TM gain). If you add in JKA, QGJ, Barriss, and Yoda, you'll have a solid chance of beating it.

I've also heard that zQGJ works pretty well, but you'll have to find someone with that Zeta....good luck.

I run wiggs STH lando +1 so old ben leads are super nice...have only the jedi required to get yoda but was seriously 1 turn from 3star and ackbar died before i killed off the last guy.

587-335-573 add me though because I would love to try GK

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Should I stop gearing my G9 4 star baze and G8 3 star chirrut and just work on Shore/Vader/TFP/Boba/JKA/EP?

[e] Does the Darth Maul trick work on Heroic AAT?

Boozie fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 26, 2017

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Should I stop gearing my G9 4 star baze and G8 3 star chirrut and just work on Shore/Vader/TFP/Boba/JKA/EP?

[e] Does the Darth Maul trick work on Heroic AAT?

a) Yes.

b) Yes, but not as well. You need a pretty specific team comp (Teebo, TFP, Maul, Jyn and Cassian) to get it rolling, from what I've heard, in P1. I think there's another comp that will help you get Maul up and running by starting in P2.

I actually think another way you could get it running in P1 is with Zader (L), and just never use DoTs in P1. I'd probably want TFP, Maul, Rex, and Jyn to get that going. You could probably do EP + Rex (since Jyn is impossible to get 7*), but you definitely need someone with a 100% TM down chance. You could do Teebo, but you only get 2/4 turns stealthed, so I'm not sure that's worth it...although if you omega his special and don't BI give GG BI, that's a 3rd TM down ability.

e:
Zader, Rex, Maul, TFP, one of (Teebo, Jyn, Sidious, EP).
The point here is to get Maul up and running. Don't use DoTs ever here (in P1). If you use Teebo, make sure his basic and Bring Low are omegaed, and don't use BI on GG -- this means he'll gain his triangle and you'll have to kill all his guards instead of just using BI on them. However, this means he should be able to use TM down on 3/4 turns (2 stealth, 1 Bring Low, 1 nothing, 1 stealth ability)
The goal here is to have two people that have 100% chance to remove some TM, and then you can follow that up with other people that have 50% chance. Murder B2 first. Start by only hitting GG with TFP until you land Tenacity down, and count hits on him. Make sure your 7th is a 100% TM down ability. This should get Maul up to enough HP to start going crazy for as long as possible.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 26, 2017

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Hey I'm Cool Mike and I'd love to Star War with you guys if there are still open slots. Luv 2 murder! Code is 537-989-169

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
After getting back in to this over the last few weeks I'm finding that the current meta has really thrown my planning/farming out of whack. I was trying to level Phas/Lumi/GS/Sid/RG for arena but that doesn't seem so competitive anymore. Now I'm at a loss of who/what to spend my energy on. I'm thinking about subbing out RG and trying to get STH up and going?

What do you guys think? https://swgoh.gg/u/wexia/

Also I'd love an invite to one of the active goon guilds.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Herux posted:

I run wiggs STH lando +1 so old ben leads are super nice...have only the jedi required to get yoda but was seriously 1 turn from 3star and ackbar died before i killed off the last guy.

587-335-573 add me though because I would love to try GK

Got you. GK is in lead for LS missions now.

Lord Wexia posted:

After getting back in to this over the last few weeks I'm finding that the current meta has really thrown my planning/farming out of whack. I was trying to level Phas/Lumi/GS/Sid/RG for arena but that doesn't seem so competitive anymore. Now I'm at a loss of who/what to spend my energy on. I'm thinking about subbing out RG and trying to get STH up and going?

Farm your rebels up. Start with Wedge/Biggs.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Lord Wexia posted:

Also I'd love an invite to one of the active goon guilds.

What's your friend ID?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

General Probe posted:

What's your friend ID?

438-343-128

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Thanks Mal, he helped a fair bit but died in second round :( I'll give it a few more tries but I can't see it being doable.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Oh hey, these two things were pretty easy to miss from the updates

quote:

You've all been speculating some interesting guesses for February's daily login character (and some of you have been right on the money!), but Kylo Ren will be the daily Login character for February, complete with some exciting new improvements. Please look forward to them.

Starting in March, we will begin rotating the Grand Master's Challenge with the Emperor's Demise Event every other month. These events will still take place on the second Thursday of the month and will last for 7 days. Yoda will run in February, Palpatine in March, Yoda in April, etc. For more information, please see @EA_Jesse’s Events Information post for updates on all event schedules.

If JKA and Boba were any indication, I'd recommend farming Kylo now. Too bad he's Cantina :(. I'm doing it anyways DS is going to be beast. If they make him Sith (His master clearly was Sith, so it makes some sense), he could be amazing in a Zader comp.

e: while I'm at it, I might start working on FOST's shards again, just need 60 to do offense challenges. His 9-A shard gives MK 10 Blastechs and MK7 Shield Generators. Ooh, one of his others gives Mk1 BAW armor mods. I realize these are the easiest things to farm, cause you can get 2 out of one mission, but, I'm always out of these cause of stupid scanners.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 26, 2017

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Go on then yeah 561-766-648
e:: cheers mate I'll have a go now.

e2: I'm only on 9a normal and I don't really have the jedis to be able to take advantage of him fully, but I put lumi into my rebel squad with Kenobi and holy poo poo some of the moves he has are good. Still didn't manage it though because I'm gear bottlenecked on G8/G9 with almost everyone.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 27, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I have kylo at 80 7* g7 already so i hope hes broken and i cant level and gear him up right quick

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Huh, so for any Goon whales, if you want to start rocking AAT P2, you've got two options -- both involve buying DT shards once we get past this event thing (expected 599 or 1099 crystals per pack, 5-30 shards of DT and Krennic per pack, but probably like 99% 5 shards). Ok, so, you've got 7* DT, so you can run him in AAT Heroic. His Terminate ability inflicts Deathmark...you know that ability that you can get in P1 Rancor? Yeah, that deathmark. swgoh.gg has datamined it, and for raid bosses, it removes 0.1% of targets Max Health on taking damage, which works out to 19,200 per hit (doesn't trigger on DoTs).

So, two options. #1 someone in TI theorycrafted: Cody (z), Rex, Fives, Echo, DT.
Cody, 212th attack: Call Clone allies + one random ally to assist, aassists deal 40% damage. Each time an assist scores a critical hit, reduce cd by one.
Cody, Alpha Strike: Deal physical damage and gain 20% TM. Gain an additional 20% TM if that enemy has more than 50% HP, and an additional 20% TM if that enemy has less than 50% TM.
Echo, Follow-Up: Whenever another ally uses a basic during their turn, Echo has a 30% chance to assist, dealing 40% less damage. Assist chance is doubled if attacking ally is a clone.

So, Cody calls 212th attack, which pulls himself in, he gains up to 60% TM. Echo gets called in, and then a 60% chance to get called in again. Fives gets called in, and because the tank is already slowed, he attacks again. DT attacks once, and Rex attacks once. If everyone crits (Cody gives all clones 30% crit chance, so with CC sets, you can get close), Cody can immediately use 212th attack again.

So, that's the super whale plan (or you've been working on clones via guild and fleet shipments). You still will need to whale out in about a week (estimates are at $500) to get DT maxed. The next plan (I came up with this, and it's not as good, but less whaleish, and not quite as good).

#2: Nebit (L), 86, DT, and two jawas. I haven't decided which would actually be best. JE is good because he gives crit up and he's super fast, so lots of extra attacks. We don't know if a detonator will trigger deathmark, and that will determine if he's the fourth pick. That leaves Jawa, Jawa Scav, and Dathcha. Jawa Scav is decent if detonators trigger deathmark because the boss will stack up a lot of detonators (I used to run 88 + Jawas to score 3% in P2 before I had HK). Additionally, Scav can apply offense up, but I don't think we care a whole lot about that. If not, Jawa and Dathcha are both faster (133 and 137). All we want are as many attacks as possible, so either of these will be fine, I guess that gives Dathcha a slight advantage.
So anyways, 86 calls an assist, 3/4 will be a jawa which triggers a second attack. Nebit calls 1 assist, which is 3/4 to be a jawa/droid, which will call an additional ally. If it calls a jawa in either of those, it will call one additional attack. Any time one of your 3 jawas attacks, it triggers another attack, so you just get to send a whole bunch at the deathmarked tank.

I guess there are two more synergistic squads here, Chirpa, EE, Teebo, Scout, DT, and then HK, 88, 86, JE, DT

e: One more: HK (L), K2 (z), B2, 86, DT. 86 could also be JE, not sure which would work better. Kill big tank gun but don't topple, trigger tons of B2 and K2 attacks.

Arena meta report: DT/Krennic are looking like they're going to be pretty beastly even down at 4*, so expect them to take over. Our top arena theorycrafter (he came up with timeout and timeout + Chaze) is saying that the best comp will probably be Zader, Zid (yeah, darth sidious, go figure), ZDT, Krennic, GK or B2 (but probably GK). Obviously we'll all be scrabbling to just get one Zeta together, and I think Zader is the clear first, probably followed by DT, plus you probably don't want to gear up DS right now. So, I'd probably aim for Zader, DT, Krennic, GK, Boba. Two other replacements for Sid will be EP and TFP.

In case you're wondering about Sid, he has a max base speed of 161, puts 4 DoTs on a crit, and is sith so his aoe has 50% to remove 25% TM.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 27, 2017

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Should I bother buying Grievous shards from the ships shop?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TARDISman posted:

Nope

e: nope as he's currently built.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
^^ What he said, buy zetas.

TARDISman posted:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Can somebody make Gen Probe an officer in QGJ? He's on the ball consistently.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

^^ What he said, buy zetas.

Nah, now that I've got all my ships at 5*, I'm gonna start buying Rex and Sun Fac shards.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
I really think folks should switch to Zetas as soon as you have the top tier ship challenge 3* (and before then your fleet points should go to ships you need to 3* that challenge). Zetas are pretty game changing, especially if they are going to start releasing dudes with Zetas like Krennic and DT (and who knows, Kylo might get one as part of his buffs).

I'm also stockpiling credits to level up Krennic and DT, and am tempted to start stockpiling the gear they need. Not going to spend $500 maxing them from packs, but who knows if the last of the event things will give us enough that a couple packs will get them to 5 or even 6 stars.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Jorge Bell posted:

Hey I'm Cool Mike and I'd love to Star War with you guys if there are still open slots. Luv 2 murder! Code is 537-989-169

Just accepted you into IGD. Our rule is 0 damage on the rancor raid for the first 12 hours. Only one team for P1 of the AAT raid for the first 12 hours, then one team per phase.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

two_step posted:

Just accepted you into IGD. Our rule is 0 damage on the rancor raid for the first 12 hours. Only one team for P1 of the AAT raid for the first 12 hours, then one team per phase.

I thought we went ham on P1 tank

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Took a few tries but cleared the last tier of the krennic event. Hopefully I can keep up with the following events.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

I thought we went ham on P1 tank

That is correct. P1 of the tank raid is a FFA because it takes us too long at 1 team per person for that phase, but the rest of the tank raid is 1 team per phase. And Rancor is 1 team total for the whole raid.

P2 damage starts at the time we specify (typically 12 hours from the time it was launched). Read guild chat, forums, or just ask. We always communicate what's happening.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

two_step posted:

I really think folks should switch to Zetas as soon as you have the top tier ship challenge 3* (and before then your fleet points should go to ships you need to 3* that challenge). Zetas are pretty game changing, especially if they are going to start releasing dudes with Zetas like Krennic and DT (and who knows, Kylo might get one as part of his buffs).

I'm also stockpiling credits to level up Krennic and DT, and am tempted to start stockpiling the gear they need. Not going to spend $500 maxing them from packs, but who knows if the last of the event things will give us enough that a couple packs will get them to 5 or even 6 stars.

If any of the recent heroes has taught me anything, its that gently caress star level, you just need them unlocked and geared and their bloated kits will carry them to victory. Like do you really need a little bit more hp & offense or whatever stars give you (what do they give you?) when you are doing an AOE ability that staggers the entire enemy team and calls your monster dong trooper to assist blast one into dust?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Light 9-B has me about ready to quit the game. I 2*ed it a while back, and now I can't even beat it once? What the actual gently caress is happening with this game? I am running Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, JKA, Ackbar, and borrowing an Old Ben. This stupid node is 20 energy a pop and I can't sustain that while trying to farm the perfect RNG. Did they make this node harder?

e: Jesus Christ, why do they dodge so much?! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.
e2: This time I lost a character before I took my first turn. I hate this game so much.

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jan 27, 2017

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010
Hi folks, are there any guild spots still open?

Ally code 847-194-859.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

Light 9-B has me about ready to quit the game. I 2*ed it a while back, and now I can't even beat it once? What the actual gently caress is happening with this game? I am running Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, JKA, Ackbar, and borrowing an Old Ben. This stupid node is 20 energy a pop and I can't sustain that while trying to farm the perfect RNG. Did they make this node harder?

e2: This time I lost a character before I took my first turn. I hate this game so much.

You have the right roster. They all need to be GX + and modded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

Dr. Venture posted:

I run the same team all GXI and it is pure chance whether i get close to 3* or completely fail it...