Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Oh come one is anyone making the dumb revenge posts here even serious?

are you prepared to tell me mirthless made a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Khorne posted:

Slaughter them and offer up their skull to my throne.

There, now it makes sense.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Oh come one is anyone making the dumb revenge posts here even serious?

i think i was the only one even being close to serious and i'd never actually tell somebody to do that poo poo, lol

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
That bully knows OP still hates her guts and hasn't gotten over all the abuse/assault because there's no way a brother who knows the details and was threatened with No Contact and still stays with her didn't tell her that his sis threatened to do so.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

[23 M] Life Drawing Class or Flowers, how Should I ask out my art Teacher [27 F]?

quote:

Starting out at college, I noticed my art teacher is really cute from the moment I walked in the door. She has beautiful strawberry blond hair and just the way she sits...

I always manage to sit near the front in her classes and I feel that we have a real rapore bordering on flirty. She was talking about marxist theory yesterday, I hanging on her every word... she is so insightful.

Yesterday she called me by my first name and asked me to help set up the projector. I think she likes me because she held eye contact when asking...

(1) Do you think I have a shot with her? (2) how do I ask her out without making things awkward in class? Should I put a note on the top of my next essay or text her (she gave her number out when asking for life drawing poses for the model)? (3) Anyway what do you guys think - you know better than me :)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M4_Ommfvv0

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please dont murder your art teacher, lil dude.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i think that dude added about 10 years to his age

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Moridin920 posted:

i think that dude added about 10 years to his age

yeah seriously

the part where he suggested putting a note at the top of his paper, lol

"she looked at me, she's DTF!"

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Haha that guy posted a bunch in r/worldbuilding and r/INTJ

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

hahahaha

My (20F) boyfriend (25M) is overweight, but is convinced that he's skinny because he "sees a fatter version of himself in the mirror."

quote:

My boyfriend has body image issues. He constantly says that he's ugly, fat, disgusting, etc., and won't look at a mirror because of it. I love him, so naturally, when he says these things, I comfort him and tell him how attractive I find him, how unbelievably lucky I am to have him, how much I love him, etc. These are all true, but I definitely don't think he's skinny.

He's actually very overweight, but he's convinced that he has body image issues. In other words, he thinks he is seeing a fatter version of himself in the mirror.

I don't know his exact weight, but I do know that he wears a size 42-44 in jeans. After I comfort him, he always says something like, "thank you so much for understanding; you know I have terrible body image issues, and I know I weigh way less than I think I do but it's hard."

I feel uncomfortable that he thinks he's skinny and healthy when he's not. I've tried to get him to eat healthy with me-- I'm 5'4, 104 lbs-- but every time I try, he gets angry at me and blames me for trying to get him to lose weight when "he's clearly skinny." He says I'm trivializing his body image issues and trying to make him a "femininely skinny Asian boy when he is and always will be a buff white guy." He says that I'm only skinny because I'm Asian, and that my body naturally metabolizes things faster. That's not true at all. While I'm eating a spinach salad and fruit after going to the gym, he's eating a bowl of stir fried noodles, calling it a "light dinner." While I'm eating an apple with peanut butter as a snack, he's downing a bag of chips and hummus, saying it's a "light snack." You get the gist.

Sometimes I'll ask him to go to the gym with me. But he says that he has his own "work out." In other words, he'll do a couple push-ups and sit ups before bed, then say something like, "now you know why I'm so strong and can gently caress you for so long." In reality, I usually ride him 90% of the time.

What should I do? Should I stop comforting him when he's being down on himself? When I tried once to tell him "you're overweight but I don't mind if you're healthy," he flipped out. Should I just say he's fat outright? I don't know how to address this.

Tl;dr: boyfriend is fat, but he thinks he has body image issues which make him see himself as fat in the mirror. He gets angry if I ask him to work out with me or eat healthy, but also wants me to comfort him when he says he's fat.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

He could channel this passion into his drawing. Maybe hand in a whole sketchbook of nudes but they all have her face, really go for broke with it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

hahahaha

My (20F) boyfriend (25M) is overweight, but is convinced that he's skinny because he "sees a fatter version of himself in the mirror."

He's just building mass.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I feel uncomfortable that he thinks he's skinny and healthy when he's not. I've tried to get him to eat healthy with me-- I'm 5'4, 104 lbs-- but every time I try, he gets angry at me and blames me for trying to get him to lose weight when "he's clearly skinny." He says I'm trivializing his body image issues and trying to make him a "femininely skinny Asian boy when he is and always will be a buff white guy."

I don't know if I can believe this one. I think they took it just a little too far.

size 42 is ~300lbs at average height

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Size 44 pants seems extremely fat.

Sounds weird too, like it's a fat dude's fantasy.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hahahaha

Tell him he's loving fat. No free rides on the body issue train unless you've put in the time getting yelled at by your mom.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Leon Einstein posted:

Size 44 pants seems extremely fat.

Sounds weird too, like it's a fat dude's fantasy.
wrong, its all his buff whiteness

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean just get how high he is and then put him on a scale and look at the BMI. That poo poo isn't gonna lie and he can't fidget out by trying to do some 'my brain perceives the image in the mirror differently than how I actually am!'

Dude obv feels like poo poo about it but instead of trying to do something he's constructed this denial universe idk what she's really supposed to do there.

e: I guess he could try and say some 'my muscles are dense that's why I weigh more' poo poo but I mean just dump his rear end at that point idk he's gotta hit rock bottom I guess.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Moridin920 posted:

I mean just get how high he is and then put him on a scale. That poo poo isn't gonna lie and he can't fidget out by trying to do some 'my brain perceives the image in the mirror differently than how I actually am!'

Dude obv feels like poo poo about it but instead of trying to do something he's constructed this denial universe idk what she's really supposed to do there.

a guy this deluded won't be convinced to step on a scale and even if she gets him on it he'll probably claim the scale was broken or that she'd fixed the results to "trick him" into thinking he's fat

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Have him plug in his stats on MyBodyGallery.

By the way, everyone should do this.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Size 44 is incredibly fat. She may not think he is fat or bothered by it since it is more normalized now but it doesn't change the fact that he is fat and knows it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I went there and I just wanna say I clicked the drop down for shirt size and wow I've always felt like a fatass because I go for the L or XL thinking those were the top of the range but uh nope that poo poo def keeps going down and down to 10XL.

e: wait this is for women only??? I want a website to tell me I'm fat :(

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

i'd make a pretty good-lookin woman evidently

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pick posted:

I checked it out, and no results for me. I didn't realize I was such an odd size.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

I checked it out, and no results for me. I didn't realize I was such an odd size.

Same

5'9", 180 lbs, 32 pant size, L shirt

I could stand to lose 10 lbs or so def

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Austin: [referring to Felicity sleeping with Fat Bastard] Well, how could you do it?
Felicity Shagwell: I was just doing my job.
Austin: No, I mean, literally, HOW could you do it? The man's so fat, the sheer mechanics of it are mind-boggling.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

Same

5'9", 180 lbs, 32 pant size, XL shirt

I could stand to lose 10 lbs or so def

How the hell are you an XL shirt? Do you just wear it like a poncho?

edit: drat, ninja edited on me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Straight White Shark posted:

How the hell are you an XL shirt? Do you just wear it like a poncho?

edit: drat, ninja edited on me

yeah mistype

I think I'm wearing an M right now, the Ms and Ls tend to vary a lot

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

CodfishCartographer posted:

On the other hand, it's possible that he just admitted to peeking at her once or twice, and she took that as confirmation that he stared at the girl the whole time.

Counterpoint: perhaps the woman's yoga pants were so tight that you could see the outline of her uterus. I'd stare, too.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

P-Mack posted:

your supposed to spread your creeping out over multiple asses, or like bounce it off a mirror or something, you know have some strategy

this dude got target fixation like a fighter pilot, crashing and burning

😂 focus so hard on the yoga butt that you inadvertently downward dog right into it

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

Counterpoint: perhaps the woman's yoga pants were so tight that you could see the outline of her uterus. I'd stare, too.
Sounds hot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You don't have to specify every parameter, you can just have it search for height and weight.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

i'd make a pretty good-lookin woman evidently

I did not realize it was just women :v:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

I did not realize it was just women :v:

it isn't but poo poo did you never wanna check

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

it isn't but poo poo did you never wanna check

I assumed men at the depressing, soul-destorying, virginity-ensuring 5'8" would be too embarrassed to record their existence

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I thought 42 would be like, inches around his waist. That's not 300 pounds worth of fat, is it?

Women's clothes are weird. I typically wear a small or medium, but it depends on the brand. I always order a size up if I'm shopping online

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I assumed men at the depressing, soul-destorying, virginity-ensuring 5'8" would be too embarrassed to record their existence

:(

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I thought 42 would be like, inches around his waist. That's not 300 pounds worth of fat, is it?

Women's clothes are weird. I typically wear a small or medium, but it depends on the brand. I always order a size up if I'm shopping online

Yeah, that's inches around the waist. At my heaviest I was wearing 42s and I was around 300. I'm 5'10". I am not athletic. Decent weight distribution, though, somebody could potentially be way heavier or lighter depending on how fortunate or unfortunate they are

195 now :toot:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Ooooooh waist. I was thinking of hips for some reason

E: as in, I wrote waist but for some reason I was getting hips and waist mixed up because I'm not all there today

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 26, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
GF(37) says she'd have sex with Obama

quote:

Hey guys, been dating this woman for a little less than three months now. Yesterday we're in bed, and after a signature good time we lie in bed and talk. "Who would you have as dinner guest given the choice of anyone in the world? Pick up to three". She gives her answers; Obama, (we're not Americans) because he's eloquent, charming and whatever and two writers whose books she reads. Sure, I give mine and she says I have good picks and she'd like to join our dinners and asks if she may. Well sure, but then of course I'd have to join hers I say, the writers excluded except if the food is exceptional. Now she goes "Well you can, but not the one with Obama" - "Oh? Why?" I ask and she giggles as a response. It was obvious that in this fantasy game she's planning to gently caress him and I'm not invited. This changes my mood from trying to get to know this girl to simply not wanting her anymore. Am I being to critical? It's a fantasy, I mean Obama wouldn't gently caress her but the fact that she verbalized not allowing me in the dinner because of her loving someone made me feel... Hmm... Disrespected maybe? I know we all have our fantasies, which I'm totally fine with, but do you think there's a value in presenting, if at all, them diplomatically to one's LTR? And how would you view a situation like this, got experiences?

After that exchange I really didn't feel like connecting with her any more so I simply tired down and went sleep mode. I've yet to feel a need to contact, reply or engage with her since then. Not in a butthurt way, superficially, but of course, to be honest, it did take a jab at my ego.

Anyways.. Just open for discussion with you guys. Regarding her, should I bring it up? In one hand there might always be someone our SO wants to gently caress more than us, in fantasy. But on the other hand is it acceptable to not filter that info? - but then you're asking to live in an illusion.. No?

TL;DR GF mentions she'd invite Obama for a fantasy dinner, and explicitly says I'd not be invited, implicitly because sex, help me identify what I'm feeling 'cause it made me totally turned off towards her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

GF(37) says she'd have sex with Obama

:psyduck:

...really, dude?