Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Someone with search find that thread with all the "my boyfriend does this" images, that was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Tim Raines IRL posted:

my feed is mostly just liberals whining about punching nazis and poo poo like this

i hate facebooks

I shared this on my Facebook, thanks for posting it!

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

@memehoney69

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

fresh from my feed just now

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's true tho

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Blue Train posted:

It's true tho

Well it did have a head start

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Kullik posted:

fresh from my feed just now

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

When you look at this image which of the following do you think is its true intended meaning:
A - It is primarily a defense of European colonialism throughout history and the world.
B - It is primarily a condemnation of a specific kind of Aztec human sacrifice and justification for a specific Spanish campaign against it.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

MANY

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

many what

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

eonwe posted:

many what

Many deaths, very shameful

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

When you look at this image which of the following do you think is its true intended meaning:
A - It is primarily a defense of European colonialism throughout history and the world.
B - It is primarily a condemnation of a specific kind of Aztec human sacrifice and justification for a specific Spanish campaign against it.

I just see a bunch of colonists murdering a native

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

More of a "what they had was poo poo so it's ok!" which is a bit of a hybrid I guess.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Lol the Aztecs never invented the wheel

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

subhuman filth posted:

They lived on mountains they just had to slide it down. Nice Eurocentric view there. Racist.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

subhuman filth posted:

They had toys with wheels.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

subhuman filth posted:

Their medicine was pretty advanced though. Or maybe I'm thinking of the Incans.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Cosima posted:

Their medicine was pretty advanced though. Or maybe I'm thinking of the Incans.

Yup.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Haha, this. The meds help a whole bunch, but I have to do stuff with friends, go outside, get some loving sun, occupy my time, keep a regular sleep schedule and eat regular, healthy meals. If I don't do that stuff, my mental health goes to poo poo and the meds pretty much just stop me from deteriorating into an insane hobo in an alley somewhere.

:whatup: my broke-brained brother! :hfive:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Wasn't the Aztec calender based on a circle or is that Mayans?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Wasn't the Aztec calender based on a circle or is that Mayans?

Both were but they are different. The Mayan one is the apocalypse one. (It did not predict the apocalypse its purported to.(like that would matter))

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Making something circular and realizing that you can use cylinders to manipulate drag are two different concepts

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

post about it on your facebook buddy

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

subhuman filth posted:

Making something circular and realizing that you can use cylinders to manipulate drag are two different concepts

They did realize that though. They made wheeled pull toys.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

They did realize that though. They made wheeled pull toys.

Interesting

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Terrain aside, they also didn't have any horses, donkeys, oxen, or other beasts of burden in the Americas to make much use of the wheel.
The only example I can think of are the plains indians who would strap tent poles and such to their dogs when they would move camp, but that's about it.

Just earlier today I was just thinking about how italian cuisine changed so much after the tomato was brought over from South America. I don't know what I'd do without tomatoes, corn, and potatoes...
I guess the incas/Aztecs/Mayans/Olmec/Toltec must've had access to really good food.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Terrain aside, they also didn't have any horses, donkeys, oxen, or other beasts of burden in the Americas to make much use of the wheel.
The only example I can think of are the plains indians who would strap tent poles and such to their dogs when they would move camp, but that's about it.

Just earlier today I was just thinking about how italian cuisine changed so much after the tomato was brought over from South America. I don't know what I'd do without tomatoes, corn, and potatoes...
I guess the incas/Aztecs/Mayans/Olmec/Toltec must've had access to really good food.

Slaves are beasts of burden fyi

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Slaves are beasts of burden fyi

That's true - and compared to four-legged beasts they don't make as great a use of the wheel.

They probably aren't very good eating, either.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

That's true - and compared to four-legged beasts they don't make as great a use of the wheel.

They probably aren't very good eating, either.

wheel barrows, transport, hell even using logs as cylinders to move big things are all very slave things that use wheels

but this is a social media (i dont post facebook stuff cause i havent had one in 3 years) thread so...

https://twitter.com/bloodhaiI/status/824269488128409601

edit: drat it shows the whole picture and not just the thumbnail like on the browser

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

they just figured that chewing on coca leaves and running between villages was more efficient

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man imagine how organized their DVD's were

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Professor Shark posted:

Man imagine how organized their DVD's were

How do you think those guys were able to do complex math and astronomy poo poo without writing? Free time, uppers in the form of coca, booze and psychotropics.

Imagine having the job of staying up all night on a mild coke high to tediously plot star movements. That's what religion is good for right there, nerds.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

OMFG FURRY posted:

they just figured that chewing on coca leaves and running between villages was more efficient

And shitloads more fun

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

FedEx Mercury posted:

It's probably something stupid like peanut butter made out of mashed up crickets.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

I've always wondered if these lazy words on a plain background names are original or reposts.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Here's a simple lifehack for your Type II 'beetus: eat less sugar you loving idiot.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles
Soo true!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Here's a simple lifehack for your Type II 'beetus: eat less sugar you loving idiot.

Diabetes isn't that simple bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles

• Locked thread