Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

ultrabindu posted:

Aren't a lot of the labourers working on it going to be Mexicans?
And the steel and concrete needed? The nearest factories to the border are on the Mexican side?

They may not be paying for it but they will be a fair few Mexicans/ Mexican companies making some money off of it.

No, Trump will make sure American companies hiring American workers build the American wall.

But all the sub-contractors will be Mexican, most definitely. Do you have any idea what it would cost to build a wall that long with White workers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

HardDiskD posted:

That's not bad, as far as passwords go.

8 numbers and lower case letters? No caps or special characters? 1/10, would crack

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Gruffalo Soldier posted:

He's no Ed Balls, that's for sure.

https://twitter.com/edballs/status/824668915041243136

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
you can always tell how much of a shithead somebody is depending on how they react to the richard spencer thing. especially the "we can't sink to their level! we must have an open forum!" people

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Anyone who sees a Nazi get punched and gets upset is probably a closet nazi. The correct response is to laugh at the stupid nazi who got punched.

ranbo das has a new favorite as of 21:43 on Jan 26, 2017

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Azhais posted:

8 numbers and lower case letters? No caps or special characters? 1/10, would crack

I think you are misunderstanding me.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Krispy Kareem posted:

No, Trump will make sure American companies hiring American workers build the American wall.

But all the sub-contractors will be Mexican, most definitely. Do you have any idea what it would cost to build a wall that long with White workers?

Have any walls throughout history ever accomplished anything?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Trebek posted:

Didn't the Great Wall reduce raids?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Th E one was pretty good at cleaning up or whatever.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trebek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJzj4DXHYE

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Trebek posted:

This one appears to be doing something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3kla_1QIA

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trebek posted:

This one sold over 23 million copies that's pretty good

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Trebek posted:

This one is pretty good at holding off the sea

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Trebek posted:

Seem to be doing a capital job of holding my roof up as we speak.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Seem to be doing a capital job of holding my roof up as we speak.

All walls are great if the roof doesn't fall.

-Bjork, Dancer in the Dark

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Krispy Kareem posted:

See the F35 thread for reasons why various members of congress are okay with this.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Huh. So, like, who's at fault in a situation like that where the signals didn't go off?

I know that FedEx or the trucking company will probably fire the driver for not stopping to look, but like, for insurance purposes or whatever

I know this is from a couple pages ago, but the train company would be at fault. My mom was in a similar situation about ten years ago and I got a fun crash course on that and why you should always take a settlement if there's even a sliver of a chance you'd lose the lawsuit.

The schadefreude is on my mom for turning down a couple million settlement, and then revealing at the trial that she was HIGH AS BALLS at the time.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

This reminds me of the time I shot a (legal) sawed-off shotgun and tried to aim with two hands instead of holding it at arm's length. Sadly there's no video of me punching myself in the face due to recoil, otherwise I would share it and be laughed at.

Krispy Kareem posted:

What could possibly have happened after January 19th to make stock in a major Mexican cement manufacturer jump?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Yeah, that's the stuff.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

GWBBQ posted:

This reminds me of the time I shot a (legal) sawed-off shotgun and tried to aim with two hands instead of holding it at arm's length. Sadly there's no video of me punching myself in the face due to recoil, otherwise I would share it and be laughed at.

What could possibly have happened after January 19th to make stock in a major Mexican cement manufacturer jump?

I've always wondered why more guns don't have tunable muzzle brakes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnEzN2ljWLE&t=140s

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
This is really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-UugI0JoA

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That's the stuff.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

They've put so many signs and special signals and such around those types of bridges, but I really think something like a super bright strip of LED's right along the bottom of the bride and/or a strobe that lights up the whole drat bridge itself, not a warning sign, might maybe get some of these idiots to look up and avoid the thing flashing brightly at them.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nope.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

I never get tired of watching that food/catering truck thoroughly explode.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tire shredders that deploy when an over-height vehicle is detected along with an automatic license suspension.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
The little curb that juts out so if you hit it you carom off into oncoming traffic is a nice touch.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Finally, combining a head-on collision causing curb and a truck scalper.

It's got something for everyone.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

They've put so many signs and special signals and such around those types of bridges, but I really think something like a super bright strip of LED's right along the bottom of the bride and/or a strobe that lights up the whole drat bridge itself, not a warning sign, might maybe get some of these idiots to look up and avoid the thing flashing brightly at them.

I think a big plastic bar at the same height just before you get to the bridge so you smack it instead would probably be better.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK-2aJoJbcM

bad title, great content.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

That scene at 0:56 did not turn out like it does in the movies :stare:

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Baronjutter posted:

I think this is the coolest solution I've seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoTMC-uxJoo&t=48s

Axeman Jim
Nov 21, 2010

The Canadians replied that they would rather ride a moose.

Scruff McGruff posted:

I never get tired of watching that food/catering truck thoroughly explode.

Well it did say "Food Distribution Excellence" and I've rarely seen food more excellently distributed than that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Fatty posted:

I think this is the coolest solution I've seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoTMC-uxJoo&t=48s

This has worked pretty well for them, but even if the truck stops before it hits the tunnel, it still fucks up a lot of peoples' days.

canyoneer posted:

That scene at 0:56 did not turn out like it does in the movies :stare:

I really hope there was no one in the cabin of that tow truck :ohdear:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Trebek posted:

The Theodosian Walls kept Attila the Hun from sacking Constantinople and continued to protect the city for 800 years.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Berlin Wall worked pretty well, until it didn't.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
The wall in Daytona killed a NASCAR driver.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

This one sold over 23 million copies that's pretty good

Trump''s gonna make all your nightmares come true
Trump's gonna make you hate all Muslims and Jews
Trump's gonna keep himself under the right wing
You better not criticize or you'll go to Sing-Sing
Trump's gonna gently caress everything up for us all
Ooooh baby ooooh baby oooooh baby,
Of course taxpayers will pay for the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://zippy.gfycat.com/ImmediateWeirdAmericanbittern.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/81XqUQK.gifv