Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

GB888 posted:

Despite being taller and weighing more than Michaels in real life, he would hoss out and no sell every thing Psychosis did to him.

i mean, that sounds about right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Why on earth should Shawn Michaels sell for that tiny man.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

triplexpac posted:

God drat Kevin Nash keeps turning the entire backstage against Chris Jericho in my WCW scenario. Jericho is a good Canadian boy leave him alone!!

The locker room drama is the thing in 2016 that most needed tweeking. Those events go waaaaaay too far with no good way to fix them. Trying to fix relationships almost always breaks them further, even with 10 negotiating. And you can only do 1 per show so you better drat well believe that even if that method was reliable Nash would burn bridges faster than you can fix them.

I wouldn't even mind it so much, but there needed to be some kind of drama resistance stat. The idea that a rabble-rouser can turn even the most fastidious of people against a person with a far better reputation is kinda bullcrap.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

it's a really bad game

It's way better than 2k15 but that's not saying much.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The Dudley Boyz were light heavyweights in one game and couldn't wrestle guys like Taker, Kane, or Big Show who were Super Heavyweight

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

KungFu Grip posted:

The Dudley Boyz were light heavyweights in one game and couldn't wrestle guys like Taker, Kane, or Big Show who were Super Heavyweight

I cant remember which smackdown game specifically it was, but I remember when it came out when on TV at the time Greg helms and Matt hardy were feuding. In the game Helms was listed as a cruiserweight, and hardy as a heavyweight. You couldn't do lift/slam moves to people 2 weight classes above you, so friggin Helms would throw out his back trying to slam Matt hardy like he was goddamn Andre the giant in the game and it was loving ridiculous.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

quote:

Helms would throw out his back trying to slam Matt hardy like he was goddamn Andre the giant
sounds realistic to me!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What a fun event

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

triplexpac posted:

What a fun event

The next tier is exactly like that too only with Hardened Randy Ortons

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Hardened Randy Ortons
;-*

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Wrestlemania 14 in my ECW Montreal Aftermath save was interesting, it had an amazing main event in Shamrock beating HBK for the world title (match was rated 99/100) and a good semi-main with Austin beating Faarooq. But there were a couple of odd moments like Animal beating Rock for the IC title and HHH going to a non contest with Norman Smiley for the European title. Undertaker won the King of the Ring but the PPV was headlined by Jarrett vs Thrasher while Vader won the rumble but lost to HBK at No Way Out in a three way with Owen Hart.

WCW saw Hogan beat Hart in a 5 star match at Starrcade 97 and hold it until dropping it to Scott Steiner on the Nitro before Spring Stampade 98, Steiner defended the title once against Piper before Nash beat him and Hart in a three way at Slamboree.

OMEGA is 10 million dollars in the red and yet it hasn't shut down yet.

Meanwhile in ECW; my MVP may actually be Magnum TOKYO who is tag champs with Danny Doring as Egocentric, Chris Candido is my TV champ after beating William Regal (my avatar) and Taz has been having a pretty good feud with Douglas for the world title.

edit: also Honma is on an excursion so I've decided to take him and develop him.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 24, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't Taz vs Douglas the actual feud that Paul E did at the time?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't Taz vs Douglas the actual feud that Paul E did at the time?

They did start feuding about mid 1998 but Douglas was injured and they didn't have a match until November to Remember 98. The big feuds when the mod starts are RVD vs Tommy Dreamer and Bam Bam vs Douglas. It's actually tough to use Bam Bam because mother fucker refuses to lay down for anyone without throwing a gigantic hissy fit, he won't even put over Regal when he is only slightly less popular than him.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I need some goonchat on this new WWE Champions match-three game that just dropped, so I can min/max this poo poo without buying a $50 "Royal Rumble Value Pack" or whatever.

It's FTP garbage, but at least this time there's actually a half-rear end game attached. The animations and graphics are actually really well done.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Fly Ricky posted:

I need some goonchat on this new WWE Champions match-three game that just dropped, so I can min/max this poo poo without buying a $50 "Royal Rumble Value Pack" or whatever.

It's FTP garbage, but at least this time there's actually a half-rear end game attached. The animations and graphics are actually really well done.

Thought I was the only one playing this poo poo, just checked it out and didn't see any major changes though. What is this match-three game you speak of?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
WWE: Champions - Free Puzzle RPG by Scopely
https://appsto.re/jp/PTmP8.i

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I've been playing WWE Champions for months now. It pisses me off way less than Supercars did, which I gave up two years ago. There's still huge problems but overall its a great time waster.

You don't ever really have to put money down, you can get everything you need just playing. Getting a pull for a new guy is steep though (400 cash in game) and you're not guaranteed a new guy (you can pull nine cards of someone you already have).

One you get as far as you can on The Road go into versus mode and just face guys you know you can crush (using class advantages and team up bonuses). There no use having close matches because you lose too much health and gain less rank.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
My next run of X-COM 2 is gonna be my first crack at Iron Man, and I thought I might make all my soldiers be the wrestlers participating in Sunday's Royal Rumble. Here's the question: do I add them to the squad in the order of their Rumble entrance, or just take all 30 of them and have them randomly enter the squad?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Fly Ricky posted:

WWE: Champions - Free Puzzle RPG by Scopely
https://appsto.re/jp/PTmP8.i

Sorry man, I think I misunderstood your initial post. I just logged into the game and saw the message saying the game has been released worldwide. I've been playing for a couple months now, Canadian btw.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I've been playing WWE Champions for months now. It pisses me off way less than Supercars did, which I gave up two years ago. There's still huge problems but overall its a great time waster.

You don't ever really have to put money down, you can get everything you need just playing. Getting a pull for a new guy is steep though (400 cash in game) and you're not guaranteed a new guy (you can pull nine cards of someone you already have).

One you get as far as you can on The Road go into versus mode and just face guys you know you can crush (using class advantages and team up bonuses). There no use having close matches because you lose too much health and gain less rank.

I like the new system they've implemented with the Premium Superstar Chips. Just play enough VS. and you'll get some good stuff eventually. I literally just pulled a 2-star King Barrett, gently caress yeah.

Sandman from ECW fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 27, 2017

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Sandman McMahon posted:

Sorry man, I think I misunderstood your initial post. I just logged into the game and saw the message saying the game has been released worldwide. I've been playing for a couple months now, Canadian btw.

I like the new system they've implemented with the Premium Superstar Chips. Just play enough VS. and you'll get some good stuff eventually. I literally just pulled a 2-star King Barrett, gently caress yeah.

Cool, thanks for the tips. I'm having a surprising amount of fun with it at the moment. Really impressed with the presentation.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Evil Canadian posted:

I cant remember which smackdown game specifically it was, but I remember when it came out when on TV at the time Greg helms and Matt hardy were feuding. In the game Helms was listed as a cruiserweight, and hardy as a heavyweight. You couldn't do lift/slam moves to people 2 weight classes above you, so friggin Helms would throw out his back trying to slam Matt hardy like he was goddamn Andre the giant in the game and it was loving ridiculous.

In one game Shawn Michaels couldn't pick up Joey Mercury

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Is there a faction for Champions, or should I make one?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Not that I'm aware of, but if you did I'd be in. Currently I'm part of the NinjaTurtles faction. Cause I'm bad rear end.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The weight limit stuff in SVR07 is super funny because it came after SVR06 that had a Challenge Mode with certain scenarios to beat that would unlock things like new belts and stuff. The hardest one was one where you had to beat Khali as Mickie James.

SVR07 was such a buggy, tedious piece of poo poo, especially coming after the fantastic 06. The weight limits were bad, but they also replaced a bunch of moves in everyone's moveset with dumb analog stick-based moves.

I remember the last time I played it, the game froze when Dusty Rhodes was coming out with a created belt because created belts were such a tire fire.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Senerio posted:

Is there a faction for Champions, or should I make one?

I'd join too.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
join the goonWorldOrder then.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

join the goonWorldOrder then.

Requested.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

You're daviddellamorte? Just double checking before I accept.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Just put in my request to faction it up. Do your duders not heal on their own over time? Cause I'm kinda running out of medkits.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Request sent Cam Sawyer

ShootaBoy posted:

Just put in my request to faction it up. Do your duders not heal on their own over time? Cause I'm kinda running out of medkits.

Yeah they do, it just takes a while, usually around a day I think.

Sandman from ECW fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 27, 2017

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Ugh. That's gonna be annoying as hell.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Yeah it takes time to get started, but as you play through the career mode you'll get more guys. Also you can get health packs as a reward for winning. It gets better.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

You're daviddellamorte? Just double checking before I accept.

Yep. I should have put that in my last post

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cpig sent a request for goonWorldOrder

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Sent a request as mearn.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Assuming everyone ends up with the same beginning guys that's it's always been, NXT Seth is probably the best guy you get early on. His green stomach breaker ties perfectly into his finisher, since it allows you to turn gems blue. So at level six, you can turn three gems of your choice blue, basically guaranteeing you a wildcard plus filling your blue meter, along with its own damage of 3700 or so.

I think the beginning order is usually

Rock
Cena
Juggernaut Roman
COO HHH
Darren Young
NXT Seth
Corporate Kane
Big Show
NXT Dean

I think that's the usual order you get from The Road. Rock used to have life steal on his rock bottom, but they took it away (Shield Roman has it on his Samoan drop). COO HHH can turn into a beast after leveling awhile, strikers hit really hard with their black gems. Powerhouses are the shittiest class, they take forever to fill their red meters. You need someone from all different classes to use the class advantage and should use the class advantage in every match. Build up guys that get team bonuses together too (NXT Seth and Dean, Rock and Roman, HHH/Kane/Show, Cena and Young).

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

Sent a request to join goonworldorder

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Sent a request as Head Trauma

Did I miss something or did they just not explain what certain things are? Some of the one-time rewards are just like "lots of microphones"

And there's no explanation anywhere what that's supposed to be.

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".
Sent a request as Captain Carlman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Erebus posted:

Sent a request as Head Trauma

Did I miss something or did they just not explain what certain things are? Some of the one-time rewards are just like "lots of microphones"

And there's no explanation anywhere what that's supposed to be.

When you max a guy's level and skills you can pay a bunch of gold and some enhancement materials (lots of microphones, Wyatt family masks, etc) to take them to the next star level.