Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

i never had portable electronics growing up. not even those tiger electronics games.

Wow, what did you gently caress and cum in as a teenager?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Citizen Tayne posted:

Wow, what did you gently caress and cum in as a teenager?

i had an apple //e

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

i had an apple //e

Ah. Large expansion bays. Very nice.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

did you guys ever have those 250-in-1 electronic game things that were just a bunch of variations of tetris and breakout? had a series of those as a kid, they were awesome.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
i had snake on the nokia 5110 and snake 2 on the nokia 3330

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i had an original gameboy with an amber-and-green scrren

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Wheany posted:

i had an original gameboy with an amber-and-green scrren

the yospos colors

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it is always interesting to note that we live in an age where the average kid communicates with her/his peers in writing more than at any other point in history, especially far far more than the preceding few generations ever did

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Smythe posted:

the yospos colors

:eyepop:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it is always interesting to note that we live in an age where the average kid communicates with her/his peers in writing more than at any other point in history, especially far far more than the preceding few generations ever did

can they still not write worth a poo poo or did someone fix that

reviewing resumes and attempts at professional writing good god

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/tiraniddo/status/824663407307751429

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

flakeloaf posted:

Microsoft Word grammar check is getting pretty good

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

flakeloaf posted:

qft and for example

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Powaqoatse posted:

through time the pant-paraphernelia got more & more complicated, eventually becoming this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeSNodFSAfE

fyad superstar elf pr0n can be see to the right of the group

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
nobody talking about how goog missed earnings smh

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Chill Callahan posted:

im sure if they try a few more search terms theyll find them :xd:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Agile Vector posted:

im sure if they try a few more search terms theyll find them :xd:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
google voice is back????????????????????

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/01/23/google-resurrects-voice-gives-app-website-full-makeover/

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cool

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

its p. obvious that its laying groundwork for being excised from hangouts

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Chill Callahan posted:

I haven't looked into it yet, did they miss their own projections or did they "miss" analyst expectations?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

The Management posted:

I haven't looked into it yet, did they miss their own projections or did they "miss" analyst expectations?
Analyst expectations

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

The Management posted:

Analysts. Profit only grew by like 20% or something?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
analysts are bad at their job, company gets punished for their bad guesses.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Research conducted by Australia’s Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) and the University of South Wales and UC Berkley found that nearly 38% of Android VPN apps are infected with malware; making blind trust of these apps a not so prudent move.

The research teams studied around 234 VPN apps that were uploaded on Google Play Store and a startling one-third were identified to be tracking users via malware. There were apps which carried out malvertising campaigns while 18% of them didn’t encrypt internet data as promised. 8 out of 10 apps requested permission to access sensitive data such as text messages and user account credentials.

To carry out the research, the team downloaded tools to reverse-engineer APK (Android Application Package) package that is used in the apps. Then they checked the Android Manifest file, which provides information like requested access permissions about the app and the source code. Later, they ranked the apps based on their findings. The ratings were given as per the anti-virus ranking.

43% of these apps were infected with adware, 17% encouraged malvertising, 6% had riskware and 5% were plagued with spyware.

https://www.hackread.com/malware-in-android-vpn-apps-on-google-play-store/

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
why the gently caress do you need a VPN app, p sure android has that baked in

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

People use free VPN apps to use wifi hotspots and poo poo. The os has the capability to connect to VPNs natively tho yea

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

if you need to add a cert to your android, like for a vpn service, a notification will alert you that hackers are trying to get into your phone. you cannot dismiss this alert, and it will remain until you remove the cert.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

i use a vpn app in china because the great firewall blocks all the standard vpn protocols

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

i use a vpn app in china because the great firewall blocks all the standard vpn protocols

what protocol does the vpn app use...? or does it just use a different port lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the ones that work in china mostly seem to use some sort of openvpn variant which encrypts the handshake differently and pretends to be ssl traffic. if you just use a different port it will get autoblocked within minutes. i've tried setting up different types of vpns on a vps and the great firewall is pretty good at detecting the traffic and autoblocking it in about 5 minutes if you use any of the normal vpn methods. it even autoblocks ssh tunneling if you're moving a lot of data

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

also they clearly have the capability to do more but for whatever reason usually don't, because every year around national day almost all of the paid subscription vpn services targeted for usage inside china get completely owned for a few days and then gradually become accessible again

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
creating a barrier that can be overcome by those who want to spend the time probably helps them filter dissidents from casuals.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if they always had it on at max blocking people would have a lot of time and incentive to find working ways to circumvent it. but if you let them have some of their easy workarounds you can shut off the tap when you really need to and most people will not have better means available.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

fart simpson posted:

i recommend moving to a liberal democracy like the united st canada

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

the ones that work in china mostly seem to use some sort of openvpn variant which encrypts the handshake differently and pretends to be ssl traffic. if you just use a different port it will get autoblocked within minutes. i've tried setting up different types of vpns on a vps and the great firewall is pretty good at detecting the traffic and autoblocking it in about 5 minutes if you use any of the normal vpn methods. it even autoblocks ssh tunneling if you're moving a lot of data

impressive

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

poty posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

poty posted:

lol

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/mims/status/827621088226062338

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

surprise, the lack of diversity in programming is structural and if you dont do anything to address the lack of women and minorities even starting cs degrees you will never achieve diversity in the output of those programs.

• Locked thread