Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Barry should scour the multiverse to find a super lovely version of Iris. Give her to Savitar, then he's golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He can just make a time remnant.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That's been my thought too. There's some loophole abuse going on in that scene already that we're not seeing so that its either not "our" Iris dying or it's not gonna stick and Iris will be fine.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Savitar is actually the Earth-4 version of Iris and Barry saw her stabbing one of her own time remnants.

It's the last thing anyone would have expected.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

No love for an upcoming Gorilla City episode?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Of course the date Iris is supposed to die is the same date as the season finale.

Also, since when can HR appear in public without the face altering tech and people not assume he's the bad Harrison Wells. Am I forgetting something?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Longbaugh01 posted:

Of course the date Iris is supposed to die is the same date as the season finale.

Also, since when can HR appear in public without the face altering tech and people not assume he's the bad Harrison Wells. Am I forgetting something?

He did a thing where all the characters and the viewer see him as himself but everyone else sees him as the other guy

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Guy Goodbody posted:

He did a thing where all the characters and the viewer see him as himself but everyone else sees him as the other guy

Yeah I can't wait for the writers to forget that when this new lady comes looking for him and isn't like "hmm no wells here!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bozart posted:

Yeah I can't wait for the writers to forget that when this new lady comes looking for him and isn't like "hmm no wells here!"

well you see, future technology,

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When they get to the date Barry should just make a dozen Iris time remnants.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
He should just use the wells face magic thing on snape to make him look like iris, and on iris too and make her look like snart and then kiss her

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Most likely outcome: Iris will be saved by a plot element introduced in the very last episode of the season. It will not make sense.

Second most likely outcome: Iris will be saved with a plot element introduced a few episodes before the finale in a different context. It still won't make sense.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

They explained it in the episode, HR was feeling kind of useless so he created a project to make himself seem important.

And since the failure of the museum was one of the stories on the ticker now we've got to save the community center museum with a dance off!

Edit: Oh my god this is going to be the plot of the musical crossover isn't it.

J33uk fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 27, 2017

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

J33uk posted:

And since the failure of the museum was one of the stories on the ticker now we've got to save the community center museum with a dance off!

A more sane solution would be to have canceled the opening of the museum and cross it off the list...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

J33uk posted:

It might be, it might not be. We do know that the Music Meister is getting a six book deal so either he is REALLY loving charismatic or has some really crazy back story or something.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It would be hilarious if the Music Meister isn't even a bad guy and they just fight him because they need to stop him from getting his book deal:

"I'm sorry but your success endangers my girlfriend's future!"
"What!?"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That would make enlisting Kara and co.'s help on Supergirl very interesting.

:flashfact:: Kara! Winn! I need your help on my Earth.
:j:: Oh?! More aliens? It's aliens again, right?
:flashfact:: We need to beat up some music geek.
:j:: ...To?
:flashfact:: To prevent my girlfriend from getting killed by a speed god I pissed off in the future.
:j:: ...gently caress it, I'm in.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Hughlander posted:

This was already known about for a while, is all.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Hughlander posted:

Mother effin' Keith David as Solivar

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Guy Goodbody posted:

What the gently caress is even in that museum?
The Flash is one of the few superheroes whose home city usually just unabashedly adores him. In most versions of The Flash, Central City has an actual Flash Museum to honor the Flash(es) and show off his trophies and how many times he's saved them.

I'm convinced that the STAR Labs museum exists now in the story entirely so that it can be turned into The Flash Museum later on.

bull3964 posted:

I like how Barry didn't realize HR had the gun he just stole off the bad guy.
I think I see what's going to happen. Each time they check a future event off of that board, they're going to add one new thing to their arsenal, either crucial knowledge or actual equipment. We'll get a new vibe flash-forward scene each time (or sporadically) showing more and more of Team Flash in position waiting to execute some plan. Once they check everything off, the pieces will be in place at the moment when Savitar grabs Iris.

If so, I like that. I also like that they got past their big, dramatic sad part 2/3 through this episode and moved on to "Hey, we have a plan, and it's working. Hell yeah." Felt like they were switching from an overly-sad CW drama show to more of a proper superhero team thing at that point... if they stay on that course.

One of those things on the future news list was that Joe got a commendation. So is Barry going to just have to gently caress up Joe's career? That's probably why Joe wasn't let in on the plan, so we can get drama from the team screwing up Joe's work and not telling him why.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 28, 2017

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Robot Hobo posted:

Felt like they were switching from an overly-sad CW drama show to more of a proper superhero team thing at that point

I really liked that Cisco came around to liking HR's idea of a science museum. Seeing all of those kids faces looking up to Cisco as a science role-model was heart warming.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hughlander posted:

I'm pretty fuckin stoked about it because...

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Nah, what'll happen is H.R. will try to think of how to make himself useful and contribute to the future-changing scheme and conclude, "I know! Barry saw Savitar kill Iris, so if I take this rifle and I kill Iris instead... What a swerve!"

Given the mention in this episode of how many different things the gun can do, I'm sort of now expecting it to be a Time Remnant Iris that they gave to Savitar to kill to distract him while HR shoots him with some kind of tracker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The time remnant idea makes sense but really, it's still Iris.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
It's gonna be a hologram of Iris because Cisco has DEFINITELY played Chrono Trigger.

Why aren't more time-travel paradoxes resolved with Doppel Dolls, anyway?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
What they need is an extremely realistic Iris android, like some kind of Decoy that's Modeled after her Life. If only such a thing existed... :awesomelon:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RedDevil posted:

I've always wondered if Barry brings his powers into the bed with Iris. :flashfap:

Unfortunately for Iris, he's the fastest man alive

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That vibrating thing he's got going more than makes up for it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

That vibrating thing he's got going more than makes up for it.
Probably led to some awkward moments with his downstairs neighbors though.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Time remnants are people too dammit!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Barry is an equal opportunity serial killer.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Invalid Validation posted:

Remember when Jay/Hunter talked about killing his own time remnant self and everybody was disgusted at him for it and it was considered a hosed up and villainous thing to do, and then five episodes later Barry did the exact same thing and it was considered heroic and clever

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Since the headline is 'City still recovering from gorilla attack' will Barry now have to make sure it isn't recovering?

Flash vs. FEMA.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

evenworse username posted:

Since the headline is 'City still recovering from gorilla attack' will Barry now have to make sure it isn't recovering?

Flash vs. FEMA.

Actually this just clicked for me. They go to Gorilla City to preempt the attack. That's pretty neat.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Change the future so the headline reads Star City Still Recovering From Gorilla Attack and have an episode of Arrow also dealing with it. More gorillas for everybody!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bbf2 posted:

Remember when Jay/Hunter talked about killing his own time remnant self and everybody was disgusted at him for it and it was considered a hosed up and villainous thing to do, and then five episodes later Barry did the exact same thing and it was considered heroic and clever

Barry didn't kill his own time remnant though?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Barry's time remnant sacrificed itself to stop the magnetar or whatever it was; Zolomon literally stabbed his through the heart.

Speaking of, are there any good post-mortems for season two I can read anywhere?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's insane to me that the CW doesn't sell "I'm Biris For Iris" t-shirts. Insane!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So here's how I figure the finale pans out.

They change enough elements of the future but Barry still sees Iris die soooooo he does create a time remnant of Iris and leaves that for Savitar to kill. But original Iris has to watch herself die and she gets CW-angry at Barry for letting it happen so she leaves him and Barry is all sad again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

So here's how I figure the finale pans out.

They change enough elements of the future but Barry still sees Iris die soooooo he does create a time remnant of Iris and leaves that for Savitar to kill. But original Iris has to watch herself die and she gets CW-angry at Barry for letting it happen so she leaves him and Barry is all sad again.

She decides to leave town and teach a Journalism class a few towns over in Riverdale. She leaves forever FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR

• Locked thread