Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
Here's a whole lot of words to summarize "Sure I'm a Republican but I really do care about gay people and black people... I just don't care about them more than my own (generally fiscal) interests". Here's a link to the article in question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Scruff McGruff posted:

Here's a whole lot of words to summarize "Sure I'm a Republican but I really do care about gay people and black people... I just don't care about them more than my own (generally fiscal) interests". Here's a link to the article in question.

I find these people worse than standard Republicans since they understand that certain people are in jeopardy but just don't give a poo poo because they are selfish assholes. Knowing something but still being poo poo is worse than being poo poo because you sincerely believe in your ethos. At least that person can be taught they were wrong. How do you teach someone that knows minorities are oppressed but lacks basic empathy?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

LunarShadow posted:

If they just wanted to be white supremacists and let everybody else do their own thing,

Yeah I'm going to stop you right here.

Sounds more like he is worried about getting punched in the head for having incredibly lovely views. Which means punching that Nazi had the intended effect.

Conclusion: keep punching Richard Spencer in the head.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Sounds more like he is worried about getting punched in the head for having incredibly lovely views. Which means punching that Nazi had the intended effect.

Yuuuup, but that quote was said to a mutual friend who is Puerto Rican. Basically "You are just worried they want to use force against you and your love ones. It can't be that they despise your very existence." Which is phenomanally lovely. The mutual friend is a super mellow dude but he jumped right on the Nazi-Punchin train. Also the OP of that quote I would be far more worried about if he wasn't a literal basment dwelling An-Cap whose idea of arguing is that you are wrong if you don't follow his debate-club esque rules. But yeah, I am in agreement; Always Be Punching Nazis.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Radish posted:

I find these people worse than standard Republicans since they understand that certain people are in jeopardy but just don't give a poo poo because they are selfish assholes. Knowing something but still being poo poo is worse than being poo poo because you sincerely believe in your ethos. At least that person can be taught they were wrong. How do you teach someone that knows minorities are oppressed but lacks basic empathy?

This is what drives me crazy about, as the article calls them, "millennial Republicans". Putting aside their persecution complex, they aren't able to claim ignorance towards all the problems that their choices make, they are fully aware that their vote greatly damages everyone except themselves. They just don't care.

I know some people that are like this, who actually know racial, religious, and sexual minorities and yet still proudly voted for Trump because GUNS or ILLEGALS. And when their friends express hurt that they would do that they just claim it's "their beliefs, nothing personal"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm sorry that you can't be civil over a simple difference of opinion (about whether Jews are people, etc)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2017/01/17/a-completely-different-perspective-on-trumps-presidency-this-will-make-you-think/

I'm not sure if this is a crazy social media forward or a work of art. It's a crazy forward

The whole thing is just :wom:, even by the standards of these Natural Spirit Consciousness Evolution sites, but in summary:

quote:

Any negative reactive emotion you have towards the “man” (including his silly tweets) or his supporters is a sign of giving away your power and life energy (literally). It shows you where you work is when it comes to basic Jungian psychology of shadow work until you can come to a place of non-reactive zero-point consciousness rising above fabricated duality and tuned into your true inner power and guidance

Why can't you just transcend your ego and rise above divisiveness while your rights are being decimated, like me, a middle-class white man. :2bong:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Guavanaut posted:

Why can't you just transcend your ego and rise above divisiveness while your rights are being decimated, like me, a middle-class white man. :2bong:

Is... is that what they're saying? Like, I recognize all of those words and terms, but I would have sworn they don't fit together that way. :stare:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm not sure, because it all devolves into n-dimensional blue pill Hillary occult empire matrices by the end, but saying "these protesters so mad about Trump because they're actually mad about their Jungian shadow" smacks of privileged unawareness, unless he thinks that their Jungian shadow is going to deny them healthcare or deport them.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Ok, the Jugian Shadow is supposed to be all of the uconscious, usually negative aspects of your psyche. So is he saying everyone who's mad at Trump is just projecting their faults onto him? That'd be loving rich.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

He was punched by two people on that day... So this is a start.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god I'm not the only one! I'm so loving sick of the "be gracious in defeat" people, they're talking like it's not going to effect (or loving affect, I don't give two shits) me directly, or even themselves! gently caress those people. This was not a team sport, millions of people are losing something very very real and potentially life saving for no loving reason. And gently caress the "don't mock the people regretting voting for Trump people" too! Why the happy gently caress would "no repercussions" teach ANYONE a loving lesson? Since when?

Sorry. I just hear that so much.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Duke Igthorn posted:

Oh god I'm not the only one! I'm so loving sick of the "be gracious in defeat" people, they're talking like it's not going to effect (or loving affect, I don't give two shits) me directly, or even themselves! gently caress those people. This was not a team sport, millions of people are losing something very very real and potentially life saving for no loving reason. And gently caress the "don't mock the people regretting voting for Trump people" too! Why the happy gently caress would "no repercussions" teach ANYONE a loving lesson? Since when?

Are people actually saying that? I find it truly baffling that somebody could say "be gracious in defeat" to people who are literally at risk of losing all the rights they recently gained.

Tell two people in a same sex marriage that the government might just dissolve to be "gracious in defeat." Tell a Muslim who was literally murdered by Trump supporters to be "gracious in defeat." Tell the indigenous people who are having their literal homes poo poo all over by the oil industry to be "gracious in defeat." Do it. I loving dare you.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Duke Igthorn posted:

And gently caress the "don't mock the people regretting voting for Trump people" too! Why the happy gently caress would "no repercussions" teach ANYONE a loving lesson? Since when?

I mean, I'm not gonna tell you not to mock them if it helps you deal with our national nightmare, but it's not like they'll learn anything from it, either.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Are people actually saying that? I find it truly baffling that somebody could say "be gracious in defeat" to people who are literally at risk of losing all the rights they recently gained.

Tell two people in a same sex marriage that the government might just dissolve to be "gracious in defeat." Tell a Muslim who was literally murdered by Trump supporters to be "gracious in defeat." Tell the indigenous people who are having their literal homes poo poo all over by the oil industry to be "gracious in defeat." Do it. I loving dare you.

Its a subset of all of the other "He won, shut up and deal with it" and "Well we had to deal with Islamic Shock Hussein SuperAllah Obama for 8 years, its your turn now" rhetoric. The "be gracious in defeat" people seem to be mostly people that don't personally stand to lose a whole lot in the upcoming regime, and thus basically treat all presidential actions as the same. I see a lot of "well, Obama (or insert other president here) did a lot of things people didn't like too; can't please 'em all!" type dismissal too.

These people seriously can't see the difference between "paying a bit more in taxes to make sure people can get healthcare" and "We may try to overturn the marriage equality ruling, cut funding to 'sanctuary' cities, and stop covering pre-existing conditions"

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Keeshhound posted:

I mean, I'm not gonna tell you not to mock them if it helps you deal with our national nightmare, but it's not like they'll learn anything from it, either.

I'm definitely seeing plenty of people that voted Trump saying "sure Trump turned out to be terrible but it's not my fault. The liberals were mean and made me feel stupid so I voted Trump out of spite. So really it's the liberals fault and I'm completely absolved."

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Keeshhound posted:

To be fair to me Trump voters aren't gonna be learning much of anything no matter what.

Scruff McGruff posted:

I'm definitely seeing plenty of people that voted Trump saying "sure Trump turned out to be terrible but it's not my fault. The liberals were mean and made me feel stupid so I voted Trump out of spite. So really it's the liberals fault and I'm completely absolved."
And PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLENTY of those on the Left saying "no wonder they voted for Trump: you were mean to them!!" as if being super extra squishy nice was going to convince the White Power demographic that maybe we should leave a job to a professional instead of an amateur that's failed at everything ever so far in their 70 years on Earth with some terrible loving ideas.

Hell Matt Bors had a comic just the other day about how the Left is giving up the "moral high ground" by gloating

Edit:

I have to go back to praying that I stop pissing blood before I need to sleep so I don't die when my blood pressure drops because fixing it requires a week in the hospital and if I go to the ER they'll shrug and send me home with a loving $1,600 bill but at least I have the moooooooral high ground!! Wheeeeeeeeeeee-loving-eeeeeeeee!

Duke Igthorn fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 27, 2017

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

:allears:

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
I don't think liberal meanies change the election at all, but the GOP will win a war of whose partisan rancor is sexier - that's their home turf and we've recently seen how effectively they can use it. So I don't see what embracing pure spite and/or violence will get us in the end, except for some righteous feels.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Duke Igthorn posted:

To be fair to me Trump voters aren't gonna be learning much of anything no matter what.

And PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLENTY of those on the Left saying "no wonder they voted for Trump: you were mean to them!!" as if being super extra squishy nice was going to convince the White Power demographic that maybe we should leave a job to a professional instead of an amateur that's failed at everything ever so far in their 70 years on Earth with some terrible loving ideas.

Hell Matt Bors had a comic just the other day about how the Left is giving up the "moral high ground" by gloating

Edit:

I have to go back to praying that I stop pissing blood before I need to sleep so I don't die when my blood pressure drops because fixing it requires a week in the hospital and if I go to the ER they'll shrug and send me home with a loving $1,600 bill but at least I have the moooooooral high ground!! Wheeeeeeeeeeee-loving-eeeeeeeee!

gently caress the 'moral high ground.' Seriously gently caress it into the ground and make it bleed. If we stopped being all "well I understand but if you see things this way instead," and called the fuckers out, would poo poo change? Maybe not. But I want Bernie Sanders to loving flip out, flip tables over, punch the poo poo out of these assholes like Paul Ryan who simper and '{smirk that Social Security is broken while he slaps the bat against the ground for good luck. gently caress the people who say that illegals should come here legally while ignoring the companies that hire them get no loving fines or risk being closed down. gently caress the people who say a Muslim registry is not the same as what the Nazis did because Muslims are terrorists.

I WANT the people who voted for Trump to feel it. I want them to choke on their high blood pressure pills that go to $300 a pop. I want their kids to be loving stupid and get knocked up at 13 because we cut all sex ed. I want them to loving suffer for their choices, but they won't realize they did it all. They can blame Obama forever, and will even if Trump gets two terms. Because they can't live in a world where they voted wrong and suffered for it.

Let them bleed! Let their loving families rot, let Captain Tripps take them all, and let them, in the very end, gasp out "email server Ben Ghazi" as they choke on their own vomit and still not realize Trump is the one loving them into the ground to die. I sentence you to a hell of your own making!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Cowslips Warren posted:

Let them bleed! Let their loving families rot, let Captain Tripps take them all, and let them, in the very end, gasp out "email server Ben Ghazi" as they choke on their own vomit and still not realize Trump is the one loving them into the ground to die. I sentence you to a hell of your own making!

I might be more amenable to this plan if it didn't require that I jump into that hell with them.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Cowslips Warren posted:

gently caress the 'moral high ground.' Seriously gently caress it into the ground and make it bleed. If we stopped being all "well I understand but if you see things this way instead," and called the fuckers out, would poo poo change? Maybe not. But I want Bernie Sanders to loving flip out, flip tables over, punch the poo poo out of these assholes like Paul Ryan who simper and '{smirk that Social Security is broken while he slaps the bat against the ground for good luck. gently caress the people who say that illegals should come here legally while ignoring the companies that hire them get no loving fines or risk being closed down. gently caress the people who say a Muslim registry is not the same as what the Nazis did because Muslims are terrorists.

I WANT the people who voted for Trump to feel it. I want them to choke on their high blood pressure pills that go to $300 a pop. I want their kids to be loving stupid and get knocked up at 13 because we cut all sex ed. I want them to loving suffer for their choices, but they won't realize they did it all. They can blame Obama forever, and will even if Trump gets two terms. Because they can't live in a world where they voted wrong and suffered for it.

Agreed.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I just want to be on the record as saying that I don't get the joke here.
This is just as good as those "politics leaving a sour taste in your mouth, visit lemonparty" images

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I get the joke. I have no shame.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I just want to be on the record as saying that I don't get the joke here.
This is just as good as those "politics leaving a sour taste in your mouth, visit lemonparty" images

It's one of the prettiest buildings in San Franscisco and cutting its budget would be the ultimate surrender.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I just have to say that I'm so impressed with the quality and quantity of the content coming from http://www.sharesfromyouraunt.com. The author is churning them out like a loving machine gun!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I enjoyed the joke but did not dare to like or share it because I don't want to have that conversation with my girlfriend

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!

This is a masterpiece

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
Truly, a work of art.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Pretty low on the list of things that a Trump presidency is causing or going to cause, but making lolbertarians even more smug.

facebook posted:

Trump has forced progressives to concede the virtues of secession, nullification, and tax incidence analysis. Not too shabby for a week in.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Keeshhound posted:

I might be more amenable to this plan if it didn't require that I jump into that hell with them.

You guys are acting like liberals are voluntarily jumping into hell to spite Trump supporters.

Everyone is hosed and there's no getting out of it. Liberals are just finding the silver lining.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

LunarShadow posted:

An An-Cap I know has gotten super salty over the Richard Spencer thing and Antifa in general, to the point that he switched his picture to a riff on the Anti-Fastiches Aktion logo, but it says Anti-Communist and uses An-Cap colors. And he posted this little gem in responsed to someone sayin the Alt-Right is lead by literal white supremacists

He is also of the opinion that protesting Milo is unethical because it violates Milo's free speech, and he posted this picture.

I have been responding by sending remixes of Spencer getting punched in the head.

Somebody post the fedora-wearing An-Cap story in Greece where he's getting beaten up by proper anarchists while he's whining about how they are "violating the non-aggression principle."

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

It's that the McLovin license from Superbad? How hard is it to have a real thing to complain about.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Cowslips Warren posted:

I hate to say it, but I agree. Bors gets it right a lot, but no, we absolutely must show voters the depth of their fuckup.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I had some lady on Twitter the other day going on about how completely terrible and awful it was that a Nazi got punched, because he was just saying things and making hand gestures, I mean what's the big deal? She said that the time to fight back was when they came to take you and your family to a concentration camp. When I pointed out that it's far, far too late for fighting if it gets to that point, she replied with 'not if you're prepared and aware'. I pushed back, and her final response was 'seek help'.

Remember: it's not the guy advocating for genocide that's the problem, it's the one who punched him for it. These people live in fantasy land.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There are people who just don't understand that this is what Nazis look like. They think skinheads with swastika tattoos and dude in pointy white hoods and don't realize that these generally ordinary looking people are actually honest to god nazis being interviewed on TV and put into positions of political power.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Duke Igthorn posted:

Edit:

It's not Bors, though Lubchansky is basically the same cartoonist.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

kartikeya posted:

I had some lady on Twitter the other day going on about how completely terrible and awful it was that a Nazi got punched, because he was just saying things and making hand gestures, I mean what's the big deal? She said that the time to fight back was when they came to take you and your family to a concentration camp. When I pointed out that it's far, far too late for fighting if it gets to that point, she replied with 'not if you're prepared and aware'. I pushed back, and her final response was 'seek help'.

Remember: it's not the guy advocating for genocide that's the problem, it's the one who punched him for it. These people live in fantasy land.

This type of person is the kind that will be defending the people that come to people's doors to take them away because "obviously they did something." Lots of people think they would be hiding Ann Frank but in reality they are primed to rat out their neighbors without any compensation.

Also yeah gently caress the moral high ground, that type of naive privileged thinking is partly why we are here. Trump voters went nuts out of spite because some people pointed out that their goals were basically a combination of insane conspiracy theories and white supremacy. Remember pretty much every Serious person in news or politics was walking on eggshells pointing this sort of thing out in the most gingerly way possible and even that was too much for their tender sensibilities. Apparently since people weren't PC enough they decided to suicide bomb the country and now we have to worry about their feelings while they are still celebrating sticking it to the libtards. It's not the mean leftists that are taking away their healthcare, it's the people they elected to screw us over and now it's hitting them too but yeah we need to go high for absolutely no gain for some ridiculous reason. Remember Trump voters specifically voted to gently caress over the people they didn't like, that was half the point of Trump's campaign.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Having the moral high ground is a meaningless achievement when the other side is all too happy to continue rolling around in its own poo poo.