Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
and we back

and we back

and we back

and we back

and we

so this week we get the five new episodes listed a couple posts above/on the last page, but the Islands miniseries (airing the week after) comes out digitally and on physical media TOMORROW!!!! here's the ep guide for that

quote:

Pt.1 THE INVITATION - January 30th

written/storyboarded by Sam Alden & Polly Guo

Pt. 2 WHIPPLE THE HAPPY DRAGON - January 30th

written/storyboarded by Seo Kim & Somvilay Xayaphone

——

Pt. 3 MYSTERIOUS ISLAND - January 31st

written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard

Pt. 4 IMAGINARY RESOURCES - January 31st

written/storyboarded by Pendleton Ward & Graham Falk

——

Pt. 5 HIDE AND SEEK - February 1st

written/storyboarded by Hanna K Nyström & Aleks Sennwald

Pt. 6 MIN AND MARTY - February 1st

written/storyboarded by Kent Osborne & Sam Alden

——

Pt. 7 HELPERS - February 2nd

written/storyboarded by Tom Herpich & Steve Wolfhard

Pt. 8 THE LIGHT CLOUD - February 2nd

written/storyboarded by Aleks Sennwald, Graham Falk, and Adam Muto

aww the last episode is like the opposite of the last stakes. anyway i'm definitely gonna be gifting myself some money on my US iTunes account to buy Islands tomorrow, anyone else gonna be catching it early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Good premiere but I'm so ready for Islands

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Fun episode! I'm so happy AT is good again!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Had to catch these on the West coast stream. I liked that otter (?) doctor a lot.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Doctor Finn, Medicine Human was a perfect string of gags that completely backfired and I loved it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ISLANDS is on the american iTunes store and I can no longer send gift cards to my US account from my UK one :(

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I liked it! A bit too much time dedicated to flashbacks if you ask me, but I guess that's the price of having hiatuses.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Islands was good poo poo! Some of the best storytelling AT has ever done IMO. Really looking forward to the rest of this season.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
The gently caress Cartoon Network? For the beginning of a new season of one of your flagship shows, you sure are hellbent on doing zero advertising so as little people as possible remember it even exists, all the while pimping the poo poo out of garbage like My Knight and Me. I just casually checked Wikipedia to make sure I knew when Season 8 started and have had to play catch up.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 25, 2017

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Oh dang, the teen bear from Storytelling makes his triumphant return.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I missed yesterday's because CN is real weird about advertising, I guess.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mod BMO flies around on those transport things from ReBoot. I'm freaking out.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The "Doctor is just my first name" joke in Do No Harm was hilarious. That was a callback with several seasons of build-up.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Marceline's "Hey! Good mornin~" when Susan walked up

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got halfway through Islands ep 1 before remembering there's a prequel graphic novel. It probably won't be necessary, but gonna grab it before watching.

Loved Wheels, though! Especially the visual gag of Jake grinding on his own arm

e ok maybe not reading the prequel because i have no legal or illegal way to read it in the UK

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jan 25, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Islands is great.

Ep 4 is the weirdest poo poo ever.

Ep 5 HOLY poo poo MARTIN

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Loved islands. Can't imagine watching it one or two episodes at a time, though.

Wish there was more Dr. Gross though.

Escobarbarian posted:

Ep 4 is the weirdest poo poo ever.

Best thing about it, it's going to kill some censors stone dead.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished and although I loved it in the end the pacing was REALLY out of wack. four episodes of non-plot stuff that then leads to two episodes of almost entirely flashbacks just so we have all the necessary context for eps 7-8.

Tore up a lil

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I was expecting an Odyssey-style series of encounters with weird locales, so when the second episode compressed all that travel and jumped to the actual human place (and the third episode revealed that to be one of four human islands), that felt to me like the pacing actually made plenty of room for the 'plot stuff'. The BMO VR episode was the only one that felt like it didn't need exactly as much time as they gave it.

Overall, that was excellent. Hit me emotionally in a way I don't think AT ever has before. Finn's mom's 'I'm gonna liquify everyone to keep them safe' moment wasn't depicted super convincingly, but that's the only weak point I can name. Susan's whole story was really well done.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Now I'm really curious about what happened to Martin after his encounter with the guardian. Darn this show and its ability to make me do 180s on how I perceive characters.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I see your point about the pacing, but I felt the same way about episode 2 especially as well. But I guess you gotta give Seo Kim something unimportant to do.

I really hope the reason we didn't get anything on the Founders and the reasons behind their actions is because they're saving it for later.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm gonna have to head to the Home Depot tomorrow for some Dark Alley Umber.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
That's weirder than anything related to Lemongrab and his nonsense, and that's saying something.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Shitenshi posted:

That's weirder than anything related to Lemongrab and his nonsense, and that's saying something.

If you're referring to the alien episode that just aired then I agree. Also I loved it. The awkwardness of the last scene was amazing.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

readingatwork posted:

If you're referring to the alien episode that just aired then I agree. Also I loved it. The awkwardness of the last scene was amazing.
It's gonna be a strange new world for Mr. Pig.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
:popeye:
- me during the entire episode

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Well that certainly lived up to its title.

:okpos:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
We've all woken up like this at one point.

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 27, 2017

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

That was the best Tree Trunks episode. It had me laughing out loud at 3am.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I feel like I finally understand the core of the character of Tree Trunks, and also, this episode was bonkers amazing in too many different ways. What the hell.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The virtual reality one paints a bleak, if accurate, depiction of the future.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I really hope the reason we didn't get anything on the Founders and the reasons behind their actions is because they're saving it for later.

We already got that backstory - Stakes, episode 2.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Just got caught up on the new episodes. Adventure time is a good show.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Do y'all have any guns?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

galenanorth posted:

That was the best Tree Trunks episode. It had me laughing out loud at 3am.

Actually the best Tree Trunks episode was the dungeon of the lifegiving mage.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

We already got that backstory - Stakes, episode 2.

Yeah, but we don't know how they went from Hearty Boat People to hierarchical caste Brave New World guys.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Each Tree Trunks episode just slaps on another layer of "sexed-up ol' broad." She's a Golden Girl.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Games Bookstore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mimir posted:

Yeah, but we don't know how they went from Hearty Boat People to hierarchical caste Brave New World guys.

Yep, this is what I meant

• Locked thread