Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

~Coxy posted:

Nope, it sucks.

There is a way but it might be a lot of effort. I have some enterprise AP passwords that are loaded to my device via a profile install. For those SSIDs, there's an autojoin option I can turn off without losing the password.

So you could probably make a profile with the wifi password and load that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Best running/c25k app? Do I use the official zen labs one or the Active Network Couch to 5K running app?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Kalman posted:

There is a way but it might be a lot of effort. I have some enterprise AP passwords that are loaded to my device via a profile install. For those SSIDs, there's an autojoin option I can turn off without losing the password.

So you could probably make a profile with the wifi password and load that?

If you create a VPN profile, it will allow for those controls over every network the VPN operates on. If you let the VPN run on every network, it allows the fine grained controls for every network.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Housh posted:

Best running/c25k app? Do I use the official zen labs one or the Active Network Couch to 5K running app?

I use Runmeter for actual running (and cycling, cx skiing, etc), if you're starting out I think both the popular c25k apps are good.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Housh posted:

http://thesweetsetup.com/apps/our-favorite-couch-to-5k-running-app/

I've found these guys have p good standards.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Is there no intelligent typing support in the default Reminders app? I can't remember what you call it, but like I want to type:

Walk the dog tonight 5pm

press enter, and have it create a "Walk the dog" reminder set to go off at 5pm. Instead it creates a reminder with that exact text and no time or date settings. I have to tap the (i) icon and then fiddle with the dates. I think it's super annoying. :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Violator posted:

Is there no intelligent typing support in the default Reminders app? I can't remember what you call it, but like I want to type:

Walk the dog tonight 5pm

press enter, and have it create a "Walk the dog" reminder set to go off at 5pm. Instead it creates a reminder with that exact text and no time or date settings. I have to tap the (i) icon and then fiddle with the dates. I think it's super annoying. :(

Reminders is pretty stupid. You can tell Siri to do that though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah reminders is pretty great I use it a lot but only via Siri

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004

Housh posted:

Runkeeper has served me well for running for several years now, and they have a free C25k type program in it. If you plan to continue running after getting that first 5k done I would just go ahead and get a 'real' tracker. I wish I had, it would be fun to go back and look at how much I've progressed since then.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

thegreatcodfish posted:

Runkeeper has served me well for running for several years now, and they have a free C25k type program in it. If you plan to continue running after getting that first 5k done I would just go ahead and get a 'real' tracker. I wish I had, it would be fun to go back and look at how much I've progressed since then.

Sweet. That's what I wanted to know. I'll go ahead and get run keeper.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Violator posted:

Walk the dog tonight 5pm

This is one reason I like Fantastical, it does this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Housh posted:

Sweet. That's what I wanted to know. I'll go ahead and get run keeper.

It's really, really good. If you stickk with running their pro subscription has some pretty good stat tracking and route planning you can use.

My only grievance against it is that some of their training programs have fixed days in the week for their runs which generally don't match with the days I run.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah reminders is pretty great I use it a lot but only via Siri

Just remember to ask Siri "At 5pm, Remind me to Walk the dog" or "When I arrive at home, Remind me to Walk the dog" rather than "Remind me to Walk the dog at 5pm" or "Remind me to Walk the dog when I get home" otherwise you will get a reminder with the literal text rather than a timer or geofence.

:eng101:

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

~Coxy posted:

Just remember to ask Siri "At 5pm, Remind me to Walk the dog" or "When I arrive at home, Remind me to Walk the dog" rather than "Remind me to Walk the dog at 5pm" or "Remind me to Walk the dog when I get home" otherwise you will get a reminder with the literal text rather than a timer or geofence.

Just tested it and "at 5 pm" works fine - I get a reminder for 5 pm.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Im a little confused about the 5pm example, what is the different in those two deliveries?

thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's really, really good. If you stickk with running their pro subscription has some pretty good stat tracking and route planning you can use.

My only grievance against it is that some of their training programs have fixed days in the week for their runs which generally don't match with the days I run.

I haven't used their training plans in a while and completely forgot how annoying that got. It's still a really solid app that doesn't try to push ads or their subscription.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

The Dave posted:

Im a little confused about the 5pm example, what is the different in those two deliveries?

The location of the 5 PM in the sentence.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

~Coxy posted:

It doesn't make a difference. I just now created reminders with Siri using both phrasing orders. It worked fine for times and for the geofencing reminders.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 19, 2017

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Oh that's good, I guess they fixed it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I tried the geofencing once but it didn't work. I have my home address set on my phone. I'll give it another go

Also I just gotta reiterate that the app Email is both free and really good. So if you're looking for a new email app or wanna try another check it out

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I tried the geofencing once but it didn't work. I have my home address set on my phone. I'll give it another go

Also I just gotta reiterate that the app Email is both free and really good. So if you're looking for a new email app or wanna try another check it out

Geofencing reminders have been super iffy at times. I used to get my home reminders like 5 miles from my house regularly a few years ago. Seems a bit better now.

I've had much better luck on the "remind me when I get out of the car" to trigger a reminder on Bluetooth disconnect. Assumes only one stop on the way home, though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The geofencing works reasonably well in my experience with the exception that sometimes it will send the reminder just slightly later than I would like (like, rather than when I'm getting to my building, it won't send it until I'm inside and changing or whatever).

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is there a good Irc client that will maintain a connection?

Kailtor
Jun 7, 2005

fucking kailtor

Ask me about my lifetime subscription

:ughh: :ughh:

hadji murad posted:

You will need to run an irc bouncer somewhere like znc. Palaver is a good irc app.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

hadji murad posted:

No. You need a bouncer of some kind to maintain a connection beyond 10 minutes; IRCloud is a single-solution bouncer and client, but unless you get a paid account it will only maintain your connection for two hours after all clients disconnect. If you have a computer that is always on, you can use the IRCloud helper plugin to act as an always on client, bypassing this issue. Notifications will be sent to both your phone and PC then.

I use Palaver to connect to ZNC running on a VPS.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Is there a way for Gboard to behave like SwiftKey and have predictions for more than one language without having to switch modes? I really prefer the typing experience on Gboard but having to constantly change the language sucks.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Anyone have experience building this iPhone ssh app? I've never used Xcode before so I don't really know what I'm doing. I've opened the project just fine, turned off some of the things that require a dev account (push notices and iCloud key sharing I guess), but I'm at a dead end because it's telling me I need a provision profile and the only way I see to get one is to pay $99 to Apple. I mean at that point I might as well just buy the $20 app outright.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
It's no haircut tracker, but check out the free app of the week: https://appsto.re/us/RBh7M.i

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

It's no haircut tracker, but check out the free app of the week: https://appsto.re/us/RBh7M.i

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjTjEoP2JmQ

You NEED this in your life!

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

I got a water bottle that has a rotating ring you can turn to keep track of how many bottles of water you drink. Don't think it integrates with waterminder so I'm gonna throw it in the trash.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Waterbottles aren't wearable, so I wouldn't expect HealthKit integration with one any time soon. Maybe Camelbak will lead that charge though.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Imagine being in a job interview or important business meeting or whatever and having your phone blurt out 'YOU NEED MORE WATER'.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Waterbottles aren't wearable, so I wouldn't expect HealthKit integration with one any time soon. Maybe Camelbak will lead that charge though.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Imagine being in a job interview or important business meeting or whatever and having your phone blurt out 'YOU NEED MORE WATER'.

Not interested unless I can configure it to address me as "Mama's Big Thirsty Boy."

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

GOON NEEDS FOOD BADLY

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Jeff Goldblum posted:

GOON NEEDS FOOD BADLY

I don't think goons need a reminder for this

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013
I know this sounds really simple, but I haven't been able to find an app that edits colors/white balance of already shot videos without premade filters. Are there any apps or is it just too heavy stuff for phones?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

simplyhorribul posted:

I know this sounds really simple, but I haven't been able to find an app that edits colors/white balance of already shot videos without premade filters. Are there any apps or is it just too heavy stuff for phones?

VideoGrade?

simplyhorribul
Jul 30, 2013

decypher posted:

VideoGrade?
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I actually paid money for that app. If you're someone who tends to drink soda or coffee or other garbage when you're thirsty rather than water it can be helpful getting you to break that habit.