Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Like other people have said, For Honor's combat system seems to favor duels or 2v2 at most but then the game seems to be pushing dominion mode and it's kinda at odds with each other? There's blocking and zone attacks if you're outnumbered but the game needs 360 degree movesets if they want group pvp to be its thing imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Dominion sucks because the entire game becomes "attack the guy not looking at you for the easy win. Rinse, repeat."

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The go on who said for honor 2 is gonna be great had it right.

This feels like a tech demo proof of concept. Rather then a game 2 weeks out.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

The go on who said for honor 2 is gonna be great had it right.

This feels like a tech demo proof of concept. Rather then a game 2 weeks out.

That was me obvi. Ubisoft is gonna be Ubisoft.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Policenaut posted:

What's your Ubisoft Club name? I could try and figure out how this Friend Invite thing goes.

SpacePrez!

Adaptabullshit posted:

Why, I do! Send a friend invite to Jakisnator

Anymore please, sir?! :pray:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/824841732445466624

goty

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

Is RE7 really the 7 hours I keep hearing thrown around? I'm about 5 hours in and I have only hit one of the three major locations I heard about so that feels like a really low estimate. In general poop sockers seem to make games sound way shorter than they are when they start listing their playtimes.

How far through it am I if I just followed ma baker into the well and popped out by a gate shortcut to the RV?[ Kind of feels like I am at the half way point but who knows. I really dawdle in games like this though.

It will probably take you longer than 7 hours then because I got there in like maybe 3 1/2 and I thought I spent a lot of time wandering around aimlessly.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

spudsbuckley posted:

I had Gravity Rush 2, RE7 and Yakuza 0 arrive from Amazon today.

I'm still in the middle of juggling FF15 and Watchdogs 2. Gaming is retarded good at the moment. We'll be looking back on 2016/2017 as another golden age for gaming in time to come.

Whenever Sony are doing well, an almost overwhelming amount of great stuff keeps getting released. My PC is redundant for anything other than shitposting and the occasional bit of FF14 at this stage.

Yeah I think this gen has really hit it's stride now, we had the same thing happen around the same point into last gen.

My only complaint is that I simply don't have enough time to play everything.....

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, this side quest and the one with the band were two of my favorites.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Zaphod42 posted:

SpacePrez!

Anymore please, sir?! :pray:

Still in search for it? Got only 1 left.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Morby posted:

Yeah, this side quest and the one with the band were two of my favorites.

I think those are the pocket racer kids too.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Dragon Quest builders (Chapter 3) Question:

So i got the quest to build "better equipment". There is no quest marker and all they say is i need to build better stuff. So i read online that I need to build Power Stones or something at the workbench, but my workbench doesnt even have that as an option, meaning i haven't discovered the recipe. What am i doing wrong?

EDIT: Also it is weird we dont know the FEB plus games?

strategery fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 27, 2017

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Soo is mgs online any good at all? The games spamming me with all these updates every time I switch it on, and to be honest even if it just gives me extra resources in the main game it might be worth my while..

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

strategery posted:

They won't release until the 7th, so they won't be revealed until mid next week.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man, I do not loving understand For Honor.

I get that I'm supposed to block where the indicator says. Ok, no problem. So I do that a bit and then a viking does his throw move where he runs me back on his shoulder and throws me on the ground and then it's game over. I just don't understand. Either they don't explain poo poo on how to play, or their game is just a "pick the one beast character, hope for best..."

It's frustrating because at it's core this could be something good. Instead it just makes me mad to have some fuckstick beat up on me helplessly.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Feenix posted:

I get that I'm supposed to block where the indicator says. Ok, no problem. So I do that a bit and then a viking does his throw move where he runs me back on his shoulder and throws me on the ground and then it's game over. I just don't understand. Either they don't explain poo poo on how to play, or their game is just a "pick the one beast character, hope for best..."

It's frustrating because at it's core this could be something good. Instead it just makes me mad to have some fuckstick beat up on me helplessly.

There's a HOW TO PLAY option on the main menu, where it has tutorials that teach you stuff like how to counter throws. It also has a bunch of videos explaining each class.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Hey all, my friend is looking for a new 2tb hard drive for his PS4. I know there's one that's been recommended a lot. Would anyone be able to link it?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

strategery posted:

Dragon Quest builders (Chapter 3) Question:

So i got the quest to build "better equipment". There is no quest marker and all they say is i need to build better stuff. So i read online that I need to build Power Stones or something at the workbench, but my workbench doesnt even have that as an option, meaning i haven't discovered the recipe. What am i doing wrong?

Maybe you need to build a forge and then the thing you need? I don't know. There should be a full list of all your recipe's in the main meny.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Feenix posted:

The bash and throw, Viking its the rush. its what you use to guard break someone who is just guarding. So that's the effective counter to you blocking.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Bad Parenting posted:

There's a HOW TO PLAY option on the main menu, where it has tutorials that teach you stuff like how to counter throws. It also has a bunch of videos explaining each class.

Yeah. I did those. They don't really change how frustrating the game is for me. Oh well. Passing.

While I'm bitchin bout games...

I'm sending Gravity Rush 2 back to Gamefly. While it has charm, and I like some of what I see, the camera is drat near a war crime and it just fucks SO much up.

I'm dunzo.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Please don't say dunzo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Outtie five thousand?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

The Black Stones posted:

Hey all, my friend is looking for a new 2tb hard drive for his PS4. I know there's one that's been recommended a lot. Would anyone be able to link it?

Can't link because phone posting but the seagste back up plus is the goon recommended one. I bought one for $80 recently and it was easy. I think the old PS4 thread has a imgur guide linked in the OP. Just use something like a guitar pick to crack open the enclosure, and set the PlayStation to do downloads in rest mode and use the web store to redownload everything easily.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Don't forget to deactivate your PS4 before you do this!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

The Black Stones posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Back...rnal+hard+drive Weirdly enough they have these at Costco all the time if you don't want to wait for shipping and they're usually about the same price/less on sale.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Don't forget to deactivate your PS4 before you do this!
Why? I replaced a drive without deactivating and didn't have any issues. That's tied to the console itself, not the HDD.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Me playing Yakuza 0

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Me playing Yakuza 0

Sounds like you're playing a good game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Perfect Element posted:

Soo is mgs online any good at all? The games spamming me with all these updates every time I switch it on, and to be honest even if it just gives me extra resources in the main game it might be worth my while..

it was really weirdly balanced from what I remember but kinda cool nonetheless; I liked it for the most part. I don't remember it giving you anything for the sp tho and I haven't played it since mgs5 was released, so idk if it's better or worse now (or if anyone's playing anymore for that matter)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Anyone have experience with the Lucidsound LS30 headset? I'm getting an obnoxious buzzing in the right ear when I use it on PC but I haven't tried on PS4 yet.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Feenix posted:

Bad Parenting posted:

It also sounds like the same timing issues on counters and blocks that it's had since the beta builds they were showing at conventions months ago. Nevermind that the game's supposedly going to be loving P2P instead of dedicated servers. Nobody is going to have a good time with that recipe.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

RatHat posted:

Anyone have experience with the Lucidsound LS30 headset? I'm getting an obnoxious buzzing in the right ear when I use it on PC but I haven't tried on PS4 yet.

Never used it on PS4, but never had an issue on PC. They're pretty responsive to questions. I'd send their FB a message as i've received prompt responses from them there

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I'll give their support a try. Used them on PS4 and the buzzing is still there, as well as the audio coming through both the TV and the headphones for some reason(which kinda defeats the purpose).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It also sounds like the same timing issues on counters and blocks that it's had since the beta builds they were showing at conventions months ago. Nevermind that the game's supposedly going to be loving P2P instead of dedicated servers. Nobody is going to have a good time with that recipe.

The more I think about it, the more this is going to doom any kind of multiplayer, I think. It's basically using fighting game frame-timing mechanics and that poo poo's not going to fly

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm about 3 hours in Yakuza 0 and it's pretty amazing so far. But I have to ask, what is with all the people handing out pocket tissues? Was there a cold pandemic during the 80's in Japan that they had people handing the things out at ever street corner?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jimbot posted:

I'm about 3 hours in Yakuza 0 and it's pretty amazing so far. But I have to ask, what is with all the people handing out pocket tissues? Was there a cold pandemic during the 80's in Japan that they had people handing the things out at ever street corner?

its a japan thing http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2007/08/21/reference/pocket-tissues/

just give them to the cop so you don't lose good items

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What timing issues on counters and blocks? I started playing the beta yesterday and a lot of the complaints I am reading are from people being lazy refusing to learn how this game works and then complaining that xyz is broken/busted because they can't win. Game is pretty dope but seemingly few people wanna do anything other than mash.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evil Canadian posted:

What timing issues on counters and blocks? I started playing the beta yesterday and a lot of the complaints I am reading are from people being lazy refusing to learn how this game works and then complaining that xyz is broken/busted because they can't win. Game is pretty dope but seemingly few people wanna do anything other than mash.

The beta build I played was heinously broken, and this was a public demo at a big convention. Trying to parry or block exactly the way the game taught you in a training session would find you whiffing the parry or the block just plain not connecting so you ate sword/axe every time. Nevermind the Samurai's long reach just cleaving the gently caress out of everyone regardless. Requiring precise timing in goddamn Peer-to-peer multiplayer is a recipe for a bad time.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The beta build I played was heinously broken, and this was a public demo at a big convention. Trying to parry or block exactly the way the game taught you in a training session would find you whiffing the parry or the block just plain not connecting so you ate sword/axe every time. Nevermind the Samurai's long reach just cleaving the gently caress out of everyone regardless. Requiring precise timing in goddamn Peer-to-peer multiplayer is a recipe for a bad time.

Well maybe that is an issue with that demo then as I have not experienced anything like that in this current build. I mostly do duels and p2p multiplayer is exactly what I want for that, pointless to do a 1v1 going through a server. I have done enough 4v4 modes that I don't mind p2p at all, I am not botching my timing on anything, I am not missing a block that I would have gotten otherwise. Its all perfectly fine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evil Canadian posted:

Well maybe that is an issue with that demo then as I have not experienced anything like that in this current build. I mostly do duels and p2p multiplayer is exactly what I want for that, pointless to do a 1v1 going through a server. I have done enough 4v4 modes that I don't mind p2p at all, I am not botching my timing on anything, I am not missing a block that I would have gotten otherwise. Its all perfectly fine.

The only way Peer-to-Peer multiplayer can be good is if you can be absolutely certain every player is on a fibre connection. Maybe. Anything else is a crapshoot of broadband across long distance, over ancient copper wire never designed for it, that racks up the milliseconds in reprocessing and travel time between all involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The only way Peer-to-Peer multiplayer can be good is if you can be absolutely certain every player is on a fibre connection. Maybe. Anything else is a crapshoot of broadband across long distance, over ancient copper wire never designed for it, that racks up the milliseconds in reprocessing and travel time between all involved.

Well I am having zero issues with it(other than the general menu networking options, but nothing ingame), and as a life long fighting game fan I am ultra particular when it comes to input delay and general network fuckery so I guess its not the only way it can be good :shrug: