Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

It sort of sounds like Rondo might get bought out or flat out released tomorrow morning.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

buy out Rondo, bring in NateRob, just manage the entire team through Instagram

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Rondo will sign with the Cavs, an NBA player's parent or spouse will mysteriously die and Lebron will transfer the supped soul into Rondo making him a useful player again and the Cavs will cruise to a title.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

Rondo will sign with the Cavs, an NBA player's parent or spouse will mysteriously die and Lebron will transfer the supped soul into Rondo making him a useful player again and the Cavs will cruise to a title.

what if the whole thing is fake and the bulls are releasing rondo so he'll be picked up by Cleveland only to destroy the team from within, like how Germany sent Lenin on a sealed train into St. Petersburg.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
My god, this is probably big. we're just starting to "connect the dots"...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Brolander posted:

My god, this is probably big. we're just starting to "connect the dots"...

Oh my god, it says "W͞ar̢ri͢or̷s ͏b͝l̢e͡w ̢a̸ 3̧-̡1 ͟lea͞d"

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/824777205905494026

The Big Goof is Shaq :)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

R.D. Mangles posted:

what if the whole thing is fake and the bulls are releasing rondo so he'll be picked up by Cleveland only to destroy the team from within, like how Germany sent Lenin on a sealed train into St. Petersburg.

Oh no . . . John Paxon, what have you done.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

http://streamable.com/dzjzq

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
They said three alphas was too much for one team

And they were right

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Spoeank posted:

They said three alphas was too much for one team

And they were right

It can only work if Lonzo "the Alpha of Alphas" Ball is one of the alphas.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spacebump posted:

It can only work if Lonzo "the Alpha of Alphas" Ball is one of the alphas.

If Lonzo Ball and Rajon Rondo were on the same starting 5, would the concept of team basketball wink out of existence like some lost civilization?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Man, I remember when Mirotic was a hot commodity

Also yes, I can see being completely pissed off at MCW

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Evan Turner with the important questions
https://twitter.com/thekidet/status/824774537858338816

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

The Knicks have let the Clippers know they are open to trading Carmelo Anthony to Los Angeles without getting back either Chris Paul, Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan, the New York Daily News reported Thursday.

:lol:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

good god, the bulls are getting owned on twitter by evan turner, this is the lowest point in the history of the franchise

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Kanter noooooo

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I'm fine with that in the age of the Sixers and Nuggets suggesting that if a team doesn't include at least an all-star and first round pick in the deal they aren't gonna get to trade for their out-of-favor center.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Rondo has so perfected being a team cancer that now while tearing a team apart from the inside people sympathize with him. It's beautiful.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Even that crazy DAL fan is raging against the Bulls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGwRRP-8uuQ

RW is now in the elite top five of TDs:

code:
Player			TDs 	 Season
Oscar Robertson		41	 1961-62
Wilt Chamberlain	31 	 1967-68
Oscar Robertson		26	 1960-61
Oscar Robertson		26	 1963-64
Russell Westbrook	23	 2016-17

Dexo posted:

Sure, but If an NBA team wanted to pay my rear end 15 million dollars or whatever to play. I would drat sure say yes.

Should I be blamed if I'm bad just because some dumb FO thought it would be a good idea to give me money.

It's not like Rondo lied on a resume or something. He had plenty of tape and examples of where he was at talent wise. And this Front Office still decided to bring him in.

You can't be mad at a dog you brought home for being a dog, just because you were really hoping it'd be a cat.

I would take the money too. I'm not blaming Rondo for taking the cash. Yes, and I'd still put some blame on whoever the player was.

I'm not calling Rondo a liar either. I'm not the one calling the shots though. Most knew he was a chihuahua and not a puma but in the pre-season I doubt many would've pegged him as the absolute worst shooter in the whole league.

You'll notice I haven't criticized Rondo's lack of assists because this team has mediocre shooters and awful 3P shooting.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Zogo posted:

I would take the money too. I'm not blaming Rondo for taking the cash. Yes, and I'd still put some blame on whoever the player was.

I'm not calling Rondo a liar either. I'm not the one calling the shots though. Most knew he was a chihuahua and not a puma but in the pre-season I doubt many would've pegged him as the absolute worst shooter in the whole league.

You'll notice I haven't criticized Rondo's lack of assists because this team has mediocre shooters and awful 3P shooting.

I figured He'd be close.

Rondo has never ever ever been a prolific shooter.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the catch weight second clause there really puts a pin in that joke.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Also, Draymond.

When was the last time there was a rookie as good as Embiid? (or am I letting the SAS Embiid hype get to me?)

The latter. Embiid hasn't even played much.

Dejan Bimble posted:

If you use safari twitter embeds don't work always, there was a fix that fixed it for me but I forget what it was

I was referring to all the links that are deleted.

predicto posted:

Was the idea that the Clips and Jazz both had to have someone make it, and they already chose Gordon Hayward?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action

Niwrad posted:

It sort of sounds like Rondo might get bought out or flat out released tomorrow morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SFV0KbON9c

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I'm the white dude at the top

Ouch that hurts considering the Knicks need an early draft pick, an athletic center, or a shooting guard really badly. J.J. Redick would be a nice pickup but what else can you get to make it even worth it from a rebuilding/gathering assets standpoint?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Zogo posted:

even in 25mpg Embiid is averaging 20ppg, 8 reb, and 2.5 blocks on 58TS% with 36%USG, run that through your computer pipe and smoke it through a series of tubes.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Doltos posted:

I'm the white dude at the top

Ouch that hurts considering the Knicks need an early draft pick, an athletic center, or a shooting guard really badly. J.J. Redick would be a nice pickup but what else can you get to make it even worth it from a rebuilding/gathering assets standpoint?

Austin "Sub-Zero" Rivers

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Doltos posted:

the Knicks are literally getting Jamal Crawford, Wes Johnson, Brice Johnson, and a 2021 pick if they're trading with the Clippers.

Spacebump posted:

Austin "Sub-Zero" Rivers
he's good now and we're not going to trade him

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Zogo posted:

I mean, Embiid is only a year younger than Anthony Davis, he is very impressive for a rookie, but he is old as hell for a rookie

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If Melo gets traded for garbage, oh man how fitting for the Knicks. Paid too much to get him, didn't get enough back when selling him.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Knicks get: Rid of Carmelo Anthony

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Would anyone take Rose at this point?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Jokic had 29, 14, and 8 tonight but Marc Gasol is in the all-star game because veteran

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Would anyone take Rose at this point?

rose for rondo straight up.

tribune headline: derrick rose...is back

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

Jokic had 29, 14, and 8 tonight but Marc Gasol is in the all-star game because veteran

He also hurt his hip and needs an MRI :[

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

actually its because gasol is top 20 player

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Woj confirmed Kanter broke his forearm. What a dipshit.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Metapod posted:

actually its because gasol is top 20 player
jokic is clearly both better and more fun, you can read more tomorrow in #mycolumn

Cool Buff Man posted:

He also hurt his hip and needs an MRI :[

he's still going to get the MRI, but allegedly he's fine

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
now i'm tired so correct me if i'm wrong but what those numbers seem to tell me is that jokic is playing better offensively but marc is playing way better defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Metapod posted:

now i'm tired so correct me if i'm wrong but what those numbers seem to tell me is that jokic is playing better offensively but marc is playing way better defense
Gasol is a better defender, but Jokic is miles better offensively. His OBPM is almost 3x Gasol's and his TS is 10% higher. He's also a significantly better rebounder and a better passer.

• Locked thread