Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I like going to fleet with sexy Skadge out to make people feel uncomfortable and just sit there afk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

M_Sinistrari posted:

It's times like this I'm happy I kitted out a stronghold with everything possible to avoid having to go to fleet save for crafting parts. The moment they have a decor vendor for that, I'll never set foot on fleet again.

Level 3 field repair droid sells crafting white mats. :)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm surprised/impressed to see so many new uprisings already. I thought it would be just one or two. I wonder if they're planning to keep up that pace.

But enough about politics

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I like the new Bestial Fanatic mask:

Also:

Aleth posted:

:love::love::love: Oh look, it's time for ANOTHER CONTEST! :love::love::love:

Medullah wants to unload some poo poo from the bank so for those of you who haven't noticed the guild motd he wants to see your best Space-Valentine costume! Bonus points for effective set dressing. Alternatively maybe you hate Valentines? Feel free to express your utter lack of a lovelife distaste for this shameless attempt to cash in on romance and promotion of immorality by dressing with appropriate modesty and instead show off your own personal snub to the smug cherub bastard!

:love:Prizes!:love:
Whatever is left in/donated to the memorial vault. Last check this included numerous companion handler licenses, various mounts and the best regen item in the game!

:love:Deadline!:love:
TBA, probably Valentines day though!

:love:Entries!:love:

M_Sinistrari

RescueFreak

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Finally found a sniper rifle I like, the BL-28.

Mostly because it looks like a Japanese Pedersen rifle and actually sounds kinda like a gun instead of just "pew pew pewing" all over the place.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Mostly because it looks like a Japanese Pedersen rifle and actually sounds kinda like a gun instead of just "pew pew pewing" all over the place.

The guns that look like real-world guns always feel a little "off" to me. They don't make things out of wood in Star Wars! :rant:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

prefect posted:

The guns that look like real-world guns always feel a little "off" to me. They don't make things out of wood in Star Wars! :rant:

Conversely, they're the ones I like the most, because all(?) the original star wars guns were based off of real world weapons.

The stormtrooper rifle for example is a slightly modified sterling submachine gun:

And i'm pretty sure the han solo blaster has a wood-ish looking handle on it

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Are there any classes that use Sniper Rifles other than Agent?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ainsley McTree posted:

Conversely, they're the ones I like the most, because all(?) the original star wars guns were based off of real world weapons.

The stormtrooper rifle for example is a slightly modified sterling submachine gun:

Yeah, but it's not wood-colored, so it feels more spacey.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chickenwalker posted:

Are there any classes that use Sniper Rifles other than Agent?

Nope.

I have an irrational fondness for the very first sniper rifle you get, because it's not enormously huge.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The bl-28 is my favorite sniper rifle too though, yeah. I just wish I liked playing sniper! I mained it for a long time and then tried other classes and now it's hard to go back to

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

prefect posted:

Nope.

I have an irrational fondness for the very first sniper rifle you get, because it's not enormously huge.

I like the telescoping one from the market for the same reason. Seems like just the kind of James Bond tech you should have as a spy/assassin.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

Ainsley McTree posted:

Han's gun is a modified Mauser C96 "Broomhandle". Which is a real problem because Star Wars cosplayers were buying all of these (very old, relic) pistols and turning them into that stupid blaster.

prefect posted:

Nope.

You, my friend, want the X-55 Riot Infiltrator

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chickenwalker posted:

I like the telescoping one from the market for the same reason. Seems like just the kind of James Bond tech you should have as a spy/assassin.

That's a good one, but I wish the stock also retracted. I don't like running around with some giant thing sticking up over my shoulder. I might not be an Operative, but I don't want to stand out that much.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:monocle:

When was that added? I gotta have one!

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

A long time ago, I have one and its been on my character since 2014. Can't remember how to get it though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The thing I always pine for is to have some sniper rifles without scopes. Since as soon as you start fighting raid/flashpoint bosses, or for that matter any enemy that takes more than a few shots to kill, you start feeling like less of a one-shot/one-kill lethal assassin, and more of a 40k imperial guardsman frantically plinking away at horrible space monsters. It'd be cool if there were sniper rifles that just looked like longer blaster rifles to match that aesthetic.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

Or a sniper rifle that fires an actual bullet, which I believe the EU has brought up before because Jedi can't block them like blaster bolts. Moving too fast or some such idk.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

prefect posted:

I don't like running around with some giant thing sticking up over my shoulder.

That's the same reason I don't like playing with assault cannons on Commandos. That and the unload (or whatever it's called for mandos) animation is a cool hipfire scarface thing when you do it with a blaster rifle and you never get to see it unless you're going out of your way to gimp yourself a little.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ainsley McTree posted:

That's the same reason I don't like playing with assault cannons on Commandos. That and the unload (or whatever it's called for mandos) animation is a cool hipfire scarface thing when you do it with a blaster rifle and you never get to see it unless you're going out of your way to gimp yourself a little.

There are a couple of shorter ones (http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/rh-33-starforged-assault-cannon/), but yeah, there are too many that go like three feet over your head, and it's ridiculous.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

A Curvy Goonette posted:

I ended up snagging that entire line because of the wood look. The blaster rifle's especially nice looking.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If you want to use a regular rifle instead of a sniper rifle, you're really not hurting yourself too badly. Just for kicks I put on a rifle instead of a sniper rifle and parsed a dummy on my Virulence Sniper. Could do the entire rotation and it really didn't lower my DPS enough that it would have mattered unless I was doing hard mode content.

Commando is nerfed a bit more, but really not too bad - lose access to a few abilities if you use a rifle, but spec dependent that may not be a big deal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nonentity, I have an item suggestion.

Some kind of spotlight. I guess it would have to be a regen item with the way packs currently work? But just like a light that makes it so you can screenshot outfits better.

Ainsley McTree posted:

The thing I always pine for is to have some sniper rifles without scopes. Since as soon as you start fighting raid/flashpoint bosses, or for that matter any enemy that takes more than a few shots to kill, you start feeling like less of a one-shot/one-kill lethal assassin, and more of a 40k imperial guardsman frantically plinking away at horrible space monsters. It'd be cool if there were sniper rifles that just looked like longer blaster rifles to match that aesthetic.

There's a few of those, but Tor Fashion seems broken right now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Han's gun is a modified Mauser C96 "Broomhandle". Which is a real problem because Star Wars cosplayers were buying all of these (very old, relic) pistols and turning them into that stupid blaster.

Why is that a "real problem"?

It's nice when people find uses for old junk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It doesn't leave any for people who want to collect them as real world murder weapons.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

It doesn't leave any for people who want to collect them as real world murder weapons.

[video type="youtu"]-abUtRbUS_U[/video]

Well that didn't work.

https://youtu.be/-abUtRbUS_U

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Thanks, I made that one a while back.. Maybe 4 years ago?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Yeah I can only imagine how uncomfortable firing one of those Mausers must be.

(Because I have never fired one)

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Okay, ended up picking up the HK-51 quest and after reading up on it, figured why not give it a shot. After almost two hours of jump and fall on the Czerka ship pipes puzzle, I'm now on the scanning for parts bit. Does anyone have any tips on the scanning part other than have patience and sacrifice a goat to the RNGods? I'm about to hit the two hour mark of scanning around the Endar Spire since all the co-ords I've found online are in that area?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

M_Sinistrari posted:

Okay, ended up picking up the HK-51 quest and after reading up on it, figured why not give it a shot. After almost two hours of jump and fall on the Czerka ship pipes puzzle, I'm now on the scanning for parts bit. Does anyone have any tips on the scanning part other than have patience and sacrifice a goat to the RNGods? I'm about to hit the two hour mark of scanning around the Endar Spire since all the co-ords I've found online are in that area?

It really just comes down to patience. And don't run around randomly - start on the inside of the area shown in the Dulfy guide and slowly work your way around in a circle. And keep an eye out for glowing beams if someone else is doing the quest since if they find it you can grab it too

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Medullah posted:

It really just comes down to patience. And don't run around randomly - start on the inside of the area shown in the Dulfy guide and slowly work your way around in a circle. And keep an eye out for glowing beams if someone else is doing the quest since if they find it you can grab it too

Yeah. I've been treating it like how I learned to process a crime scene in a Forensic Anthropology class. I looked at Dulfy and SWTOR-SPY for co-ordinates and started in the center from there and been working outward with a scan every five steps or so. I will keep an eye out for anyone else doing the quest but I doubt I'll find anyone doing it at this point. You'd think they would've done the scanning for this like in other games and the other scanner quest where it hints you a direction at least.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I blew through the scanning portion by working with others doing the same, keeping our scans just barely overlapping. The Endar Spire part was the worst however. I found it behind the buildings to the far eastern part of the wreckage

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

M_Sinistrari posted:

working outward with a scan every five steps or so.

The distance to get a proximity warning is actually a bit larger than that, so you could move farther between each scan, but ironically you don't really get the "hang" of it until you're on your last part scans. :v:

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

For the love of god make healing stations in story mode uprisings respawn. I've had groups fall apart on the last boss of fractured more times than I can count.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Musco posted:

We are going to be leaving the discounted transfer costs as-is for the foreseeable future. I will be sure to give you all at least a week of notice if/when the price is going to go back up.
I like this. I hope they never change it back.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CeeCee posted:

I like this. I hope they never change it back.

I have a suspicion they won't. With the number of dead servers they'd have to eventually suck it up and do server merges, this way people can just transfer and only grumble a bit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Also holy crap they officially announced a new operation.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

So the new uprisings are basically ALL THE ADDS ALL THE TIME.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Update on my HK-51 parts hunt saga.

After 18 hours cumulative of searching Taris to where if I could skin Cathar, I could've completely carpeted both guild strongholds in Cathar rugs and managed almost 1 mil in crap vendored, finally found the HK part. Naturally it was no where near where the reported co-ordinates were. This made the 2 hours of Jedi Temple scanning seem a breeze, and it also wasn't anywhere near the reported co-ords were. Surprisingly I did find a group doing the DK part so that was only an hour and am now on Hoth. I did some searching but will pick it up tomorrow. As I was thinking that after I get this all done, it'll be the best account unlock I'll have paid for but it turns out he's only a Legacy unlock so I'm going to have to repeat all this over on Harbinger for my characters there. :argh: :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

goddamn dude, sucks

• Locked thread