Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Makes a space arena shooter.
Makes a social hub with some missions and a door that kills you if you don't have the right gear on, but only if you are the one to <<use>> it.
Makes a team based FPS in the cryengine.

[BOWTIE GUY VOICE] Chris Roberts is doing stuff no one have ever done before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

What on the hell is this guy on about? I cant figure it out. I ve tried reading it through a few times but i felt brain cells commiting sudoku and had to stop.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

grimcreaper posted:

What on the hell is this guy on about? I cant figure it out. I ve tried reading it through a few times but i felt brain cells commiting sudoku and had to stop.

BoA is Bank of America. 500K owed.

Probably a mortgage note. Sorry if I'm doxxing you Derek, I'm just conjecturing.

edit: In other words, no big deal.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I like that this guy clearly really wants to dig up some dirt on Derek so he's done all sorts of insane research but he can't find a single thing and is desperately resorting to "Hired a secretary" and "Owns a house" as if they were terrible slurs against his good name.

This guy is completely batshit.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Didn't Moma/Toast originally come here to tell us all something world-shattering like Derek once nearly had a parking ticket or something.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Didn't Moma/Toast originally come here to tell us all something world-shattering like Derek once nearly had a parking ticket or something.

MoMa has been consistently trying and failing. He brings up poo poo thinking it is a slam dunk and gets shut down by DS. Over and over. Just a few pages ago the same thing happened. And MoMA reacted the same way as always; slinking away and pretending they never brought it up.

I think in his mind getting the rise out of DS is the goal, but you can tell he is really serious and committed given how much dirt he attempts to dig up.

But hey, DS was wrong about early access. You win, MoMA! Star Citizen is real now! By the way, if you have at all any online presence it is pretty certain DS knows exactly who you are. The ease of people to do this is the sort of poo poo that makes me dislike doxxing so much. Please be careful. His mind is kind of loose, dude.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chalks posted:

I like that this guy clearly really wants to dig up some dirt on Derek so he's done all sorts of insane research but he can't find a single thing and is desperately resorting to "Hired a secretary" and "Owns a house" as if they were terrible slurs against his good name.

This guy is completely batshit.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised with all the creepy stalkers Derek attracts they still don't manage to dig up any real, legit dirt on him. Whining about him having a mortgage is just weird

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
It's stuff like this that confuses me

On the one hand Derek's just a big dumb sperg with an insatiable appetite for big-mouthed dumb meltdowns, tailored to exasperate even folks like me who try to make him fit in a decent e-society

On the other hand, people who've actually met the analogue Derek don't even claim to have good stories about him

I mean other than his expertise in making bad space games, there's just not much, well, interesting about him really. It's amazing how much nerdrage he can inspire in spite of that

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Well, I mean, nobody likes mortgages, besides banks.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress
In other news, Elite:Dangerous delivers the Constellation with P52 snub fighter before CIG, even though it was never within the original scope of E:D.

http://i.imgur.com/GRHxG0t.gifv

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

radd posted:

In other news, Elite:Dangerous delivers the Constellation with P52 snub fighter before CIG, even though it was never within the original scope of E:D.

http://i.imgur.com/GRHxG0t.gifv

Ha. E:D apparently had an original budget of 8 million pounds.

Somehow with 8 million they managed to poo poo all over a company with 150 million. This is next level mismanagement. Alternative Development.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

boviscopophobic posted:

I hope you got one of these. There are two in every Completionist package.

Haha that thing would not fit in a single goddamn room in this house, it was this that I bought, don't know if it's going to be good, never had a keyboard before.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

New logo.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

BigMouthSingers posted:

Just watching ATV.

What I heard so far:

DLLs are isolated and has no way to share data across systems
Animations and AI code does not communicate
Mission editor does not exist
Subsumption is proving to be very memory intensive

Ho Lee Cow.

Can't wait for Refactored Citizen 3.0

Haha wow.

No mission editor? Was it Ben who said he'd played through a bunch of SQ42 missions?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Haha that thing would not fit in a single goddamn room in this house, it was this that I bought, don't know if it's going to be good, never had a keyboard before.

Anything with two-and-a-half octaves is gonna be a toy really

e: doesn't mean it can't be a good toy ofc

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jan 27, 2017

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

Haha wow.

No mission editor? Was it Ben who said he'd played through a bunch of SQ42 missions?

No you see, Ben said he hadn't because he didn't want to spoil it for himself. Tyler didn't make the same claim, which made Reddit proclaim the game must be like weeks off

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Honestly I'm kind of surprised with all the creepy stalkers Derek attracts they still don't manage to dig up any real, legit dirt on him. Whining about him having a mortgage is just weird

It's almost like Derek has experience with slap-fighting with morons on the internet. :grin:

Warlord gonna warlord.

Spermanent Record posted:

Well, I mean, nobody likes mortgages, besides banks.

JFC this. I'm trying to close on my first place, and the sheer volume of paperwork is staggering.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

No you see, Ben said he hadn't because he didn't want to spoil it for himself. Tyler didn't make the same claim, which made Reddit proclaim the game must be like weeks off

Perhaps the subsumption AI is so advanced they don't need a mission editor. The NPCs come up with their own missions, including creating their own cut scenes and voice acting. Truly crobber is a visionary.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

boviscopophobic posted:

Tony Zurovec, Director of Persistent Universe posted:

Well well you can uh, that's something I referred to before which is uh uhh we're very, we've, we're very much focused and we always have been with regards to the direction we're going with the concept of this, you know, object oriented content creation which is to basically distill y'know uhh all of y'know the different pieces uhh of functionality that we're gonna use to build up these larger missions to break them down into these component parts and then just like do, y'know, in an object-oriented language like C++ to basically allow us to y'know pass inputs in, to y'know extract y'know outputs out um so that we can customize them dynamically in these y'know in--in, th, in the scope of y'know a much larger problem and so what this is going to wind up allowing us to do is after we've got that initial library of y'know functionality, designers are going to be able to craft this stuff much, much more quickly than they've been able to do, y'know, cer-- uh, in, in, in the past, umm, and what this effectively means to the player is uhh a much larger amount of interesting things to see and experience and challenges to face, y'know, and solve within the game world.
:eyepop:

I also liked when Chris talked about 2.6.1, 2.6.2, and subsequent patches without ever referring directly to 3.0.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Interesting postscript to this: I posted a retweet pointing out the batshit crazy of making your target have imaginary slanderous conversations and I got this in reply:

https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/824739024967450625

Now the "wilcox" happens to Cathy Wilcox, an Australian cartoonist and by the look of it it almost looks like it's saying its a parody of wilcox but is actually wilcox's parody of Trump. Yeah that's right he Archered her! Initially I overlooked that but when I realized it was just lifting her stuff and pasting Derek on top of it I let her know. As you might think, she wasn't amused:

https://twitter.com/cathywilcox1/status/824929606096392193

Parody is protected speech in Australia as well as the US although not to the same degree. But at least make some obvious effort, don't just lift style. My musical parodies are also protected by a strict non-commercial license because it's supposed to be fun not a rip off.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Got my refund processed, waiting on the funds now.

If anyone from Australia is thinking about it, referencing the ACCC rules is possibly the way to go.

Australian laws basically state that if a product is misleading or faulty, refunds are to be always available. Because SC is both misleading and faulty, any Australian who wants a refund is entitled to it. It takes a couple of emails (they push back with some more 'promising' marketing stuff) but they should do it once you express that you have no faith and that they're compelled by market rules.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Anything with two-and-a-half octaves is gonna be a toy really

e: doesn't mean it can't be a good toy ofc

Yeah I just got it because i'm keen on learning, not for impressing anyone, fingers crossed.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

fingers crossed.

ace pianist spotted

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

well why not posted:

Got my refund processed, waiting on the funds now.

If anyone from Australia is thinking about it, referencing the ACCC rules is possibly the way to go.

Australian laws basically state that if a product is misleading or faulty, refunds are to be always available. Because SC is both misleading and faulty, any Australian who wants a refund is entitled to it. It takes a couple of emails (they push back with some more 'promising' marketing stuff) but they should do it once you express that you have no faith and that they're compelled by market rules.

Iirc Australians had a great refund record even before Streetroller opened the floodgates

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Iirc Australians had a great refund record even before Streetroller opened the floodgates

There's literally no wriggle room in the law. One of the few things we got right here.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

grimcreaper posted:

It's not supposed to make any sense. Like at all.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

ewe2 posted:

There's literally no wriggle room in the law. One of the few things we got right here.

I used Danish Consumer Protection laws to get my refunds, took two tries, but did work in the end.

Remember, unless the product is finished, you can always, always get a refund under most European regulations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
today's the day!

enjoy the fallout

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
*moved*

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 27, 2017

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

TheAgent posted:

over 75% of their backer dollars are coming from the EU, specifically germany

holy poo poo

Press <<EINSATZ>> Kommando :hitler:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

TheAgent posted:

today's the day!

enjoy the fallout

:eyepop:

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

TheAgent posted:

today's the day!

enjoy the fallout

Well this is ominous.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TheAgent posted:

today's the day!

enjoy the fallout

:captainpop:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

today's the day!

enjoy the fallout

Please explain

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Money is on the exclusive ship sale you cant get ingame or theyre breaking up 3.0

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
My guess: Friday is a good day for layoffs

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

BoA is Bank of America. 500K owed.

Probably a mortgage note. Sorry if I'm doxxing you Derek, I'm just conjecturing.

edit: In other words, no big deal.

No worries.

I neither have a BoA mortgage, let alone any sort of relationship with BoA. In fact, the only mortgage (all my other properties are owned outright by a trust) I have, is a $1m+ investment property (which we recently put up for sale after kicking the "lease to own" buyers out for not paying). And it's with Wells Fargo, who, along with us, is currently in dispute with the investors who bought the loan.

Basically, they're just making poo poo up on the fly. In fact, a few weeks ago, I saw a post on /r/ds making reference to the property above and using it to say that "I was broke" (heh, yeah), being kicked out of my house (though we don't even live there). But ofc they dare not post anything that even looks or smells like doxxing; which is why they just make poo poo up out of whole cloth.

It's stuff like this that confuses me

On the one hand Derek's just a big dumb sperg with an insatiable appetite for big-mouthed dumb meltdowns, tailored to exasperate even folks like me who try to make him fit in a decent e-society

On the other hand, people who've actually met the analogue Derek don't even claim to have good stories about him

I mean other than his expertise in making bad space games, there's just not much, well, interesting about him really. It's amazing how much nerdrage he can inspire in spite of that

Funny thing, I know - and I am still in contact with - everyone who has ever worked for me. My online persona is completely removed from RL persona because, unlike some wankers, I know there is a line, and I know where it is. Even through all the years when even media people who hate me go digging, they simply found nothing. The latest was in 2012 (The Redemption Of Derek Smart), and I voluntarily gave them permission to go digging and gave waiver for people to speak freely.

But when you are a business owner, you will always run into situations whereby there is that person who doesn't work out. My one and only was a guy from back in 2009. He ended up writing some bullshit on the Internet. I got the attorneys involved, was close to suing him before it all got resolved. When this Star Citizen thing erupted - just like the "Threat Assessment" bullshit that I shutdown immediately - Shitizens dug up the same crap that the guy was supposed to have removed from the net; and used it to attack me "for not paying my team". So we just went after archive.org and got it removed.

Go on my Facebook or LinkedIn pages and all you will see are professionals, industry people, top level execs etc.

The fact of the matter is, they have absolutely nothing. Behavioral issues aside, I'm as squeaky clean as can be, or being as vocal and combative as I am, would be a very bad thing. Things like owing (which I did, after being audited and sent a bill as per FATCA) IRS money, having mortgages (which I don't), having lawsuits (which I don't currently, but all previous initiated by me), are somehow legit jabs to them because, reality aside, it's a sort of chink in the armor. Which is hilarious, all things considered.

And they're the same morons currently posting all manner of nonsense (we get them removed regularly through legal) on our Glassdoor page. Note that up until the Star Citizen fiasco hit Glassdoor, we never even had a company profile there. It's been hilarious, go look at it. Apparently I have an office in Dubai now - with a receptionist no less. :grin: Oh, and I just noticed that apparently I hired a graphics designer through a recruiter and in an interview, offered him $20/hr. I'm sure the studios I use around the world for all my projects, would find that patently hilarious. I don't even use recruiters.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 27, 2017

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

D_Smart posted:

No worries.

I neither have a BoA mortgage, let alone any sort of relationship with BoA. In fact, the only mortgage (all my other properties are owned outright by a trust) I have, is a $1m+ investment property (which we recently put up for sale after kicking the "lease to own" buyers out for not paying). And it's with Wells Fargo, who, along with us, is currently in dispute with the investors who bought the loan.

Basically, they're just making poo poo up on the fly. In fact, a few weeks ago, I saw a post on /r/ds making reference to the property above and using it to say that "I was broke" (heh, yeah), being kicked out of my house (though we don't even live there). But ofc they dare not post anything that even looks or smells like doxxing; which is why they just make poo poo up out of whole cloth.

You obviously don't understand libel development :colbert:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

[Crobbling intensifies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Roberts don't like eet
Rock the Shitizens
gently caress the Shitizens