Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Fed is going to disappoint again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Really unusual for Federer to take a medical timeout.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Watching Federer is like having sex with my girlfriend, she's beautiful but I don't understand why she hurts me so much.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
C h o k e d

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes yes YES

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
There's an annoying little shitkid in the Federer camp.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
One time fed please

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The fist is a-pumpin'.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Good lord that was harder than it initially seemed. Please Baby Fed, beat Nadal. I'm not liking Fed's odds against him at all.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
IM CRYING

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Federer is now talking about the trainer massaging penis in the post match interview

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Federer has just returned from a doping cycle and is a fraud

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

spamman posted:

Mods?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

spamman posted:

you misspelled nadal

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The finals are nadal v Federer and Williams v Williams. Welcome to tyool 2002.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

oliwan posted:

Yes several years before Nadal debuted and a year before Federer won a grand slam.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lid posted:

Yes several years before Nadal debuted and a year before Federer won a grand slam.

Who loving cares 🙄

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If the finals are Williams sisters and Fed vs. Nadal it will probably be the most hyped-up close to a grand slam ever.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

vyelkin posted:

If the finals are Williams sisters and Fed vs. Nadal it will probably be the most hyped-up close to a grand slam ever.

Federer didn't look good vs Wawrinka (and in patches against Nishikori) and there's got to be an almost 0% chance Venus actually beats Serena.
I'm not saying I disagree, I'm just saying at least the Womens final is going to be predictable as, while the Mens could be a bloodbath depending on who shows up and for how long.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Countdown to Federer breaking everyone's heart again...

oliwan posted:

More like 2008 Wimbledon.

Tennis is hosed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
gently caress this stupid boring sport for dopers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Who wants to watch some 90s Boris Becker hardcourt matches with me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37rQPv6UouU

Mmm. Real tennis. Rushing the net, and not using your doped up stamina to slug it from the baseline for 69 vollies.

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender

Alain Post posted:

Mmm. Real tennis. Rushing the net, and not using your doped up stamina to slug it from the baseline for 69 vollies.

Is this supposed to be better than the Stan vs Roger match we just watched? I dunno man.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alain Post posted:

gently caress this stupid boring sport for dopers.

F1 is not a sport.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

Alain Post posted:

Phwoar imagine Big Rog in his prime on courts that fast. He'd have won literally every single point on his own serve.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Alain Post posted:

Man, tennis is weirdly quiet without bogans yelling poo poo out right as the players are about to serve

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Well if this keeps up we're getting a Fedal final which means Federer is getting another rear end kicking. I don't really wanna drink that early on a Sunday so that'll be a hard match to watch.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Dimitrov showing some steel there. He should have won that set like twenty minutes ago but didn't get disheartened.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Huh, didn't know they re-string rackets mid-match. Thought they'd have a heap of spares.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Halo14 posted:

Huh, didn't know they re-string rackets mid-match. Thought they'd have a heap of spares.
Federer notably carries a million rackets that are pre-strung, and Rafa notably uses the on-site stringers.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Dimitrov doing a lot better than I thought he would.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
That slap down the line by Dimi :stare:

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

What a loving match

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fed/Dimi will be a straight set snoozefest so I have to root for Rafa here.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Outside the first set Nadal's looked so beatable that I'm starting to think Federer might have a chance if Rafa survives this. But I'll be really disappointed for Dimitrov cause I feel like he's been the better player here overall. Hopefully he can pull out the win.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
:stonk:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
JESUS CHRIST

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

This is a good match. It'll be a better match if baby Fed wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

So this match is just nuts. Dimitrov's forehand down the line to save break point was amazing. How he recovered from that slip and the lob over his head to win the point was insane.

• Locked thread