Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

So what's the consensus on 6* Xiao anyway? I noticed on my friends list that she's in the game now so I figure why not, I have an abundance of 6* awakening mats.

Pretty solid DPS, decent countertank, massively hurt by her lack of usable equipment.

Basically a poor man's Snow, but punchier in exchange for being more fragile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Will the Chinese new year toons have a bonus or is it just they do better damage against the monsters?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Last call for anybody wanting to whale for Ace...

:rolleyes:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

KataraniSword posted:

Pretty solid DPS, decent countertank, massively hurt by her lack of usable equipment.

Basically a poor man's Snow, but punchier in exchange for being more fragile.

Wait, is snow actually good? Because I have him too. I also have two xiaos so the dream of one day getting to dual wield fists is a possibility. But apparently giving one fist to firion is a good idea in the future?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
yeah along with snow and yun tms for extra fisting attack

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

Wait, is snow actually good? Because I have him too. I also have two xiaos so the dream of one day getting to dual wield fists is a possibility. But apparently giving one fist to firion is a good idea in the future?

He's a counter-tank. Tanks are a pretty rare character niche but nonetheless one that is important to have.

His biggest issue is that Cecil is better at soaking hits and his counterattacks don't really make Snow better than having a backup Curaja-spammer. Xiao, on the other hand, has enough power behind her counters that it'd be possible to slot her in if you really needed some damage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

snows primary purpose is that he's one of the pieces of the voltron that is Busted Firion

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hope double cast and Lightning spells are good when they change Arena up. Just once I want to roll my ExDeath x3, Dark Fina, and Ariana out there and do a Thundaga dualcast x5

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Go RV! posted:

Once you get a TM, its in your inventory as an item/ability/whatever. Anyone can equip and use it, as long as they meet the normal requirements.

Does it have to be 100% to be equipable?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

beaner69 posted:

Does it have to be 100% to be equipable?

You need to get their trust to 100% to get the reward at all; most characters actually don't offer Trust Mastery rewards they natively have access to, excepting things like friend point units.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Yeah as soon as it hits 100 percent it shows up in your ability list to equip just like 10 percent attack or the like. Just slap it in an ability slot and enjoy, but it does have to be all the way to 100 to unlock.

And yeah dual wield is so awesome. I'm still miffed at myself for accidentally smooshing my other Zidane by not paying attention when tossing moogles on the first one, but since I can't tm farm it wasn't quite as heart breaking as it could have been. My only really decent unit is noctis and he became by far the best guy I've ever had instantly with dual wield. And I don't have any fancy tm weapons or anything, but I still managed to get him to over 600 ATK. Not much compared to some of the powerhouses some of the folks here run, but I'm still mighty pleased to have him. Dudes a one man army in the arena

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
In fairness Noctis would be a 1 man army in Arena without Dual Wield

He's sort of an I win button if any of the flasks are used.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

snows primary purpose is that he's one of the pieces of the voltron that is Busted Firion

So just get his TM? Neato.

In other news my free roll was a zidane. Finally I, too, can join the big boy dual wield club. I'll probably give it to exdeath. My half off was another bartz. I have like three or four of them now.

EDIT: Ling from a ticket. Neato. Double lings.

EDIT 2: Another Zidane. This is the best banner ever, gently caress that yun guy. I'm just rolling because I'm getting good poo poo out of this.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 27, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
First roll on this new banner was Xiao. Someone new, though I don't know that I really need her.

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
Got a 5 * Warrior of Light from the free pull.
I remember reading that his 6*'s pretty good - what sort of role does he fill and when are we likely to see his upgrade?

Also got a Firion recently, he seems kinda useless now but I assume has 6* gives him some sort of op skill(s)?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

15 tickets got me my first Celes and Warrior of Light (two units I've been wanting for a long time) and 2 Lings.

I know Ling is support first and foremost, but what's the best way to get milage out of her attacks? Equip spear and twin lance? Aurora scarf?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Nuebot posted:

I don't know, maybe McSpankWich could chime in on this...

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
No rainbow yet since playing from beginning of GL launch. Have over 220 rare units. That's OK, I will get Yun tonight :)

1. Xiao
2. Xiao
3. Xiao
4. Xiao
5. Sazh
6. Xiao

gently caress this game.

I am going 10+1 pull..

edit: that did not go well. at least the 11 pull netted me 6 more Xiaos and a Ling, but Ling just looks weird?

Alpha Mayo fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jan 27, 2017

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I can't complain, I pulled with 20 tickets and the free pull, and ended up with 2 Cecil, a Gaff, Zidane #4, Charlotte 28ish and Mustadio #15. Oh, and 2 Galufs and a gold Bedile!

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Aw man I just dropped 10 tickets and got 1 Xiao and pure trash. Got 2 gold crystals only to end up with stupid anzlhem and of course our man bedile.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Aw man I just dropped 10 tickets and got 1 Xiao and pure trash. Got 2 gold crystals only to end up with stupid anzlhem and of course our man bedile.

High five gold Bedile bud!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Used five tickets and got a couple Xiao, but nothing else worth mentioning. Beat all the missions but couldn't get any of the challenges on the hardest difficulty or the esper challenge on the second toughest. The issue was getting esper orbs and my lovely timing.

On the elite battle I got the beast down to about five percent health and just barely killed him with a limit burst and an item, including an overkill. But for some reason I didn't get the challenges. Maybe crushing blow from Lightning did the final blow and overkill so it didn't properly chain and thus didn't count?

Oh well I'll try again in the morning.

I'll say this fight would probably be tough without a dual cast Refia, though. Without that you'll need spr and def boosting plus breaks on the beasts offense, and fire and lightning resist, and blocking after he uses preparation. But with dual cast Refia it's just a bit of a snooze.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Magner posted:

Got a 5 * Warrior of Light from the free pull.
I remember reading that his 6*'s pretty good - what sort of role does he fill and when are we likely to see his upgrade?

Also got a Firion recently, he seems kinda useless now but I assume has 6* gives him some sort of op skill(s)?

6* WoL is a Full Break Tank, and gets Revive too I think.

6* Firion gets a boatload of weapon mastery passives, he needs Dual Wield and two different weapon types to be broken, but it's Top Ten Japanese Version Broken.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
After 35 tix and an 11 pull, no Yun. But I did get my first Cecil, Ling, WoL and Hayate, so not a total waste. I also got 11 Xiao so that's something.

Got enough for daily pulls for the week too, I still have hope!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The boss is pretty rough on the higher difficulties. If not for the 800+ noctis friends I have I probably wouldn't be able to do this at all.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Free pull gets me Trey

Great, where were you during the event you stupid sonovabitch

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Once again CoD is a godsend, great yian beast uses fire and electric aoe and she werebuster access for the killer

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
yeah he has a shitton of health

Like event Int I was surprised he lived more than a turn

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Rainbow from the free pull today. Refia (already have a max). So far my three rainbows pulls have been Refia, Cecil, and Lenna - all duplicate pulls after I have had each of those characters maxed out already. Thanks Gumi!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Got the LB kill but hosed up the timing of the item and esper kill.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Haha I am not going to be able to get ELT down at all. I didn't even get a quarter of his health off before cecil died and then Luka followed.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Two golds today from a free summon and a half off and it was loving Lani and Gilbert. loving lmao

Last two golds were Refia duplicates :mad:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Got the LB kill but hosed up the timing of the item and esper kill.

Three more attempts and still can't time the chain, so gently caress it. Don't need the whip or the mini moogle that bad enough.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So, I was using Nox before work to do some arenas while my phone charged. I entered the Nian exploration, not realizing it was an exploration, saw the map size and closed Nox, because gently caress that.

When I got to work and got back onto BE, I had successfully completed the exploration, and got all the rewards except for killing the Nian with a limit or whatever.

So, this event can be cheesed. Do with this information what you will.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gave it one last try, cause gently caress it. I swear I did the same thing as before but this time it took. :confused:

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Threw eight tickets at it to see what I got; wound up with Yun, two Lings, and a 3* Xiao.

Going to have to shake my team up after that; was already planning on dropping Vaan for 6* Rain, and I've been thinking of dropping Krile for Luka, but now I'm thinking I might want to consider swapping out Bartz and Rydia as well. On the other hand, she is only half a level away from Meteor...

Edit: Looking at it, whatever plans I have might have to wait until I've restocked on 6* awakening mats.

Unoriginal One fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 27, 2017

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Go RV! posted:

So, I was using Nox before work to do some arenas while my phone charged. I entered the Nian exploration, not realizing it was an exploration, saw the map size and closed Nox, because gently caress that.

When I got to work and got back onto BE, I had successfully completed the exploration, and got all the rewards except for killing the Nian with a limit or whatever.

So, this event can be cheesed. Do with this information what you will.

I don't advise doing this. It's that grey area where bans "may" be given out.

Sorta like how bans were "handed out" for the Maxwell event but 90% of this thread did it and we're still here.

It's so drat easy to run. I managed to do it in 10 minutes this morning.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Either this game has a desire sensor as strong as monster hunters or the Ice Megacryst drop rate in the Nian explore is smaller than any other cryst.

I just want a hero ring!

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Cleared everything except Kill with an Esper so far. Kill with an item was an interesting exercise in: Elza Autoattacks > Somebody Libras so I can check his hp > Elza autoattacks next turn and then I make sure his hp is sub-4000 so the Vessels can manage to kill him.

With Bartz on Carbuncle alternating between barthundara and barfira, and the Noctii breaking with Warp Break and Thunder Flask, his damage on ELT was okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Note that the exploration (top banner) refreshes every day with new challenges/rewards, so you probably want to run all of them today.

• Locked thread