Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Gallliani just confirmed that Milan has an agreement with Watford, and Niang is headed to have a medical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Gallliani just confirmed that Milan has an agreement with Watford, and Niang is headed to have a medical.

Loan with a buy option apparently. For once Galliani has clowned someone instead of hte other way around.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Fresh off of signing Lescott, Sunderland are now apparently interested in sassassin favourite Neil Taylor.

My extremely ITK sources tell me they are also lining up moves for Paul McShane and the ghost of Pascal Cygan.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
brad guzan has signed a pre contract deal with some MLS club.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
well, this was completed quickly

https://twitter.com/OM_Officiel/status/824370434107908096

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It was a "free" transfer so why wouldn't it have been?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

It was a "free" transfer so why wouldn't it have been?

It went from rumor to flying in for a medical to done deal in the span of a few hours, it's just rare to not see a transfer drawn out

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

He was doing well for about a month then he missed 2 penalties in a row and started to not pass and shoot in to row z, he's also involved in a sex scandal with a transexual.

I don't know, have you seen Montolivo play lately? I mean nobody has but him getting hurt was the best thing to happen to Milan all season.

First Bonera and now Montolivio. Do you actually like any of your players GG?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ewar Woowar posted:

First Bonera and now Montolivio. Do you actually like any of your players GG?

I do! Suso, Bonaventura, Lapadula, Romagnoli, Bacca, Kucka and Donnarumma are all great. Locatelli's pretty good too but he was poo poo today.

Both Bonera and Montolivo had their times when they were decent players. I would say both were even quite good for a while. The problem is that Milan hasnt known when to get rid of their "veterans" for the better part of a decade now. To make it worse, when we do its someone like Pirlo who ends up being a monster somewhere else. It's infuriating. Abate is rapidly approaching this stage in his Milan career and I have no doubt he'll be around until he retires.

Montolivo isn't as bad as Bonera was, he's just useless. Bonera actively helped the other team.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

I do! Suso, Bonaventura, Lapadula, Romagnoli, Bacca, Kucka and Donnarumma are all great. Locatelli's pretty good too but he was poo poo today.

Both Bonera and Montolivo had their times when they were decent players. I would say both were even quite good for a while. The problem is that Milan hasnt known when to get rid of their "veterans" for the better part of a decade now. To make it worse, when we do its someone like Pirlo who ends up being a monster somewhere else. It's infuriating. Abate is rapidly approaching this stage in his Milan career and I have no doubt he'll be around until he retires.

Montolivo isn't as bad as Bonera was, he's just useless. Bonera actively helped the other team.

Do you think Pirlo might have made that worse? I'm just wondering if Milan is extra-reluctant to let go of any veterans in case they pull a Pirlo again

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jason Sextro posted:

Do you think Pirlo might have made that worse? I'm just wondering if Milan is extra-reluctant to let go of any veterans in case they pull a Pirlo again

Nah, the "problem" is that guys like Seedorf, Gattuso, Nesta, Costacurta, Maldini, etc were all insanely good well in to their thirties. That strategy worked so well that it's part of club culture at this point.

Italians call guys like that "senatori" and it's considered vital that clubs have a few. I mean, experience is always good for a team everywhere but it's set in stone in Italy. Milan has been an extreme example my whole life.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

MrBling posted:

I seem to have completely missed this giant transfer that Spurs made some days ago.

https://twitter.com/ESPNUK/status/821383916430958595

gently caress off is teemu tainio old enough to have a son playing professionally

please

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

chuggo is BACK posted:

gently caress off is teemu tainio old enough to have a son playing professionally

please

he's 37 and apparently his son is 15 so he must have been popping children out from a young age like raheem sterling

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Thirteenth Step posted:

he's 37 and apparently his son is 15 so he must have been popping children out from a young age like raheem sterling

idk if 22 is that young m8

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

chuggo is BACK posted:

please

Oh it gets worse

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

chuggo is BACK posted:

idk if 22 is that young m8

i would consider 22 young for kids but thats just imo

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Conor Hourihane to Aston Villa is a done deal

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/824584059930152960

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

not bad business this window

https://twitter.com/KevHughesie/status/824340751958102020

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Niang to Watford is done

https://mobile.twitter.com/WatfordESP/status/824671752332587008

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
thank gently caress newcastle aren't spending £7m on modou barrow. I've no idea who grabiel apelt pires is but he's a central midfielder which is good

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I read that the loan only becomes an obligation if he scores 10 goals. I guess we'll see him in June.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

thank gently caress newcastle aren't spending £7m on modou barrow.

nooooooooooooooo

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Gigi Galli posted:

I read that the loan only becomes an obligation if he scores 10 goals. I guess we'll see him in June.

What happened to Ighalo though? He was extremely good last season and now just gone!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Are Watford really big enough to need an official spanish twitter?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Syncopated posted:

loving globalists

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Jose posted:

thank gently caress newcastle aren't spending £7m on modou barrow. I've no idea who grabiel apelt pires is but he's a central midfielder which is good

failed juventus youth team player who was "the next big thing" and then couldn't cut it in serie c lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Syncopated posted:

It isn't a verified account so maybe not?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bang bang Niang

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Can anyone tell me something about Yuya Kubo? For starters, if that's a real name?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Syncopated posted:

Might have something to do with sharing an owner with Granada.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Apparently Boro want to spend 20+ million on Grealish

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

straight up brolic posted:

What the gently caress

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Why do we even keep buying villa rejects at all for that matter

W
T
F

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic posted:

Villa should keep him. They made some tidy moves with the Gestede cash, and they gotta hang onto the local boy, right?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

shut up blegum posted:

Can anyone tell me something about Yuya Kubo? For starters, if that's a real name?

Yes.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

Villa should keep him. They made some tidy moves with the Gestede cash, and they gotta hang onto the local boy, right?
Although I'd like us to hold on to him, I'd rip their hands off for more than 20m. He's talented, but not currently very good.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but he's 21, talented, and homegrown. £20 million isnt really THAT much. He's also their only talented and creative mid, bc for some reason you sent Carles Gil away

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Grealish isn't that good, £20m+ holy poo poo yes please haha

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

Yeah but he's 21, talented, and homegrown. £20 million isnt really THAT much. He's also their only talented and creative mid, bc for some reason you sent Carles Gil away

Our midfield now consists of Adomah, Lansbury, Hourihane and Bjarnason. Not sure about Bjarnason because he's come from Switzerland but the other three have all been very decent this season and are killing it for goals and assists. Hourihane has 6 goals 11 assists in 25 games, Lansbury has 6 goals 3 assists in 17, Adomah has 3 goals 5 assists in 20.

I'm excited to see our new midfield going forward. It's a step up from Ashley "5 goals 11 assists in 147 games" Westwood.

I loving hate Ashley Westwood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
in a world where boro spent 7m on adama traore but are gona spend 20 on jack loving grealish.

• Locked thread