Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

How is NPC combat/pathing? Are NPC monsters still in the game or is it strictly pvp right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Flavahbeast posted:

How is NPC combat/pathing? Are NPC monsters still in the game or is it strictly pvp right now

They're in but lovely. Unity 5.6 just hit prerelease & contains massive pathing/AI improvements. I think they were waiting on them before improving NPCs, I know facepunch were.

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

They're in but lovely. Unity 5.6 just hit prerelease & contains massive pathing/AI improvements. I think they were waiting on them before improving NPCs, I know facepunch were.

I appreciate the updates! I look in here every day to see how things are going since I'm too poor for my conscience to allow me to buy in.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I think I have access to Beta 2? Any idea when that will hit?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Probably in the spring if I had to guess. Today they posted a dev article saying that as they approach alpha they're going to be stepping up test frequency which probably means more snap tests throughout the week. Not sure how I feel about that since the game's pretty regularly broken even at their current testing frequency but I guess they want more feedback.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

I'm dumb and backed and recently learned I now have access to beta 1. Excited to give it a shot. I do like the temporary world idea.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's basically a MOBA, but don't say that on the OF unless you want to piss them off.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not to defend the good name of Crowfall or MOBAs, but it really isn't. If anything at this point it's basically a survival game. Which is somehow worse.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Yeah idk if it's supposed to be a hot take or a troll but saying it's a shittier conan exiles would be truer and funnier.

Speaking of shittier, they are apparently running more frequent snap tests (two just today) but for some weird-rear end reason they are not announcing them on their forums or website, but on facebook. So I guess follow them on facebook :barf:

Sounds like they haven't managed to kill any of the bugs from last week & have added new ones including the confessor's stamina bar getting swapped with the knight's mana bar somehow.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Speaking of Conan Exiles, is that a thing now? Any chance it can be good?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

BadLlama posted:

Speaking of Conan Exiles, is that a thing now? Any chance it can be good?

Yes. We've already set up the infrastructure for a goon server and are coding our own mods.

Hop on the BMW Discord, which is where the faithful congregate.

Also in Conan: Kimsemus lead PVP raids, which always end up in hilarity, drama, and tears.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

30.5 Days posted:

lol, like they're going to upgrade to the latest Unity version. So far Unity version upgrades have been responsible for 100% of my plugin compatibility breakages and 80% of my code rewrites.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Weekend playtest has been live for a few hours- it fixes a ton of movement/friction bugs & actually really for real actually fixes the take bug. They're going to roll out a hotfix tonight for the weird mana bar issue. Several of the inventory bugs introduced last week are still live but they said are top priority for the upcoming week. The server is also unplayably laggy.

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Yes. We've already set up the infrastructure for a goon server and are coding our own mods.

Hop on the BMW Discord, which is where the faithful congregate.

Also in Conan: Kimsemus lead PVP raids, which always end up in hilarity, drama, and tears.

So I just read up on this game (via the dev blogs) how much of the stuff in there (dungeons with demons/high tier loot, avatars, named thralls, etc.) is actually already in the game (or will be, rather, since it isn't in EA yet) and how buggy is it?

Space Monster fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 30, 2017

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Space Monster posted:

So I just read up on this game (via the dev blogs) how much of the stuff in there (dungeons with demons/high tier loot, avatars, named thralls, etc.) is actually already in the game (or will be, rather, since it isn't in EA yet) and how buggy is it?

The answer to this question is: Funcom

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Space Monster posted:

Sorry, all development resources for those things were spent making the dick slider.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

is this shaping up to be any decent at all from the beta tests? friends are trying to convince me to play it.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Crowfall? It's not even in alpha yet.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
"soft launch"

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
This weekend's testing: they've apparently fixed all the inventory issues (??) and also completely rebalanced the knight. Details about that tomorrow but it will be ready for the weekend. They've also added some of the upcoming buildable houses as map scenery to sanctuary.

Sometime this month they'll be adding the templar. Additionally, they'll be adding eternal kingdoms very soon. But, since it involves provisioning hardware, the initial EK tests will be only the top-level backers and then they'll slowly roll it out to everyone else over a series of weeks/whatever.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Pretty huge patch notes for the weekend:

- Duelist armor art is in the game
- Knight rework is in
- Small rework of ranger animation/root motion
- C ultimate abilities no longer have a long fixed cooldown. Instead they have very short cooldowns and require you to build "soul power" by fighting before you can use them. This seems like a much-needed myrm nerf and a totally uncalled-for duelist shank
- More inscrutable movement fixes continuing from last week.
- Remaining crafting profession skill trees are live
- They fixed minerals and cutting grit not dropping
- They did something to the leadership skill tree, idk what
- :siren: speed and damage modifiers are gone from armor :siren: For those who didn't know, the three armor types already provided better defenses against different types of damage instead of heavier armor being explicitly better, so it was super weird that the heavier armor had downsides. They tried to add more damage to the heavier armor to compensate but players weren't buying so all that's gone now.
- 2H Swords are in the game now
- Various inventory/crafting bugs/exploits are fixed, full item wipe
- House scenery in sanctuary

EDIT: Something that might not be totally clear- between last week's removal of scaling berserk damage and this week's resource building for C powers, it's now extremely important to damage myrms during berserk. Myrms are going to be trying to judge when to pop C to avoid crash and when not to, and forcing them to use it every time cuts berserk usage/kills them.

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 3, 2017

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
February Q&A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04UhmQPGIEo

One interesting thing came up in the thread regarding the Q&A: apparently stat inheritance isn't working properly/possibly at all right now. So none of your archetype's basic stats are properly applying to things like crit/attack/etc. This impacts a massive number of things: the basic crafting tree is supposed to provide bonuses to all crafting and isn't currently, Armor Class is supposed to contribute to all mitigations, Attack Power to all damage, etc. etc. etc. This was slated to get fixed this week, but a bug came up this weekend where equipped items sometimes disappear when you log out so that's been prioritized and stat inheritance might not be fixed.

Orv
May 4, 2011
What's the money required to get into testing at this point? This seems to actually be getting there.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

https://youtu.be/gsd6c2NVEi0

Templar is bae.
Who wants in on this test? :getin:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Orv posted:

What's the money required to get into testing at this point? This seems to actually be getting there.

69, but I think the $45 folks will be in by the end of spring

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Templar is looking great.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Orv posted:

I'm at the same point. I don't want to spend too much to get into this...but we are getting to a point where I can't really justify not doing it. $45 I can wrap my mind around.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

https://crowfall.com/en/news/feb-10-playtest-cancelled/
:ohdear:

weird Asian candy posted:

I'm at the same point. I don't want to spend too much to get into this...but we are getting to a point where I can't really justify not doing it. $45 I can wrap my mind around.

Soon friend

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Tyrant posted on the forums friday saying by the end of March for the $45 backers.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Brief snap test this morning so the devs could try things out in a live environment. The word is that the last known inventory bug which popped up last week is gone, and a lot of progress has been made for stat inheritance so it now usually works. There are remaining issues with it, though, centered around child stats not updating sometimes when parent stats change.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Oh my:

- :siren: Templar is in :siren:
- :siren: 3-faction ruleset is in :siren: you are stuck with the faction you choose :siren:
- :siren: extensive server optimizations :siren:
- :siren: ranked resource nodes :siren: higher ranked nodes are near map center
- :siren: myrm nerfs :siren:
- :siren: retaliate fixes :siren:

Edit: FYI, houses are now near center map, and the map is 3-sided, with each faction having a keep parcel & 3 temples. You only spawn at your own faction's temples. Ore no longer spawns in house chests, since you can get high quality ores from the center. I believe that means that leather's the only interesting thing there now.

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 17, 2017

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming
wtb release date.

This better be good after the constant delays are I'll flip

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Any idea what faction we want to pick? I'm thinking about getting in on this test to see how things are coming along.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Not sure if doggir or capn are playing, and unfortunately this is my vacation so I probably won't be around v. much. The original plan was that sugoi and winterblades, the two megaguilds in NA, would go order and balance respectively. At the last minute sugoi changed over to balance so they wouldn't have to fight winterblades. Chaos is where the unaffiliateds were already planning on going to group up together, a handful of randos are going order atm. So I think it's balance if you want to be safe, chaos if you want "normal", and order if you want insane freefire mode. I think most of the megaguilds play on east though so it might not matter at all.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Was planning on playing but for honor is out :-v

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
ghoul4 were saying that the servers are running like poo poo still this weekend

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Balance can fight everyone, right

Then balance

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Go Chaos and give yourself an edgy name starting and ending with xXx

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Capntastic posted:

Balance can fight everyone, right

Then balance

It's a three side battle, everyone can fight the other two sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
And since w and sugoi are balance, it would be a bad idea to go that way