Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Shangri-Law School posted:

"Foggy Bottom" is shorthand for the State department, she's not referring to the literal neighborhood. Benson is justifying our lack of a functioning State department by grouping all the officials that Trump fired with the "swamp."

Woof, my bad. I should've realized it was used to signify that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Lodin posted:

Bob the Angry Flower keeps owning.

they say he's as wide as four pigs, he's got a retractable fingers so's he can grope you better, and you know what, he has four hairs, two to comb over and the other two are sort of backup hairs, and he's got hands the size of buttercups, and for some reason he doesn't terribly fear creating a new stamp act, and he has a cash magnet in his wallet so's if you're made of money he can attach himself to you, and instead of a mouth he's got four arses

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

stillvisions posted:

I wouldn't be so sure; Trudeau hasn't fixed every social ill in Canada yet 100% so the internet is firing up the "both sides are the same" machine. If the NDP comes out promising ponies and rainbows we'll get the magical split vote again. Trump is going to do everything in his power to make Trudeau look bad along the way as well.

On the flip side, I have a friends who are getting memberships in the Conservative party just to make sure these two asshats don't get in.

Oh and bonus possible hilarity: their leadership convention is sharing space with a 25,000+ attendee anime convention this year.
Now we just have to find a way to upgrade the event from anime to diaper furrs.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Counterpoint:

dumb fuckin cartoon

I'm willing to bet that Lisa legit thinks that John Lewis is in danger of losing his next election because Dems dumb bad.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Yes, that is what they want. That's not what the Donald is doing tho.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

"Well, I'm Jewish so--"

"HISSSSSSSSS!"

I genuinely sympathize with those who ask if we should circumcise for the sake of circumcision (in other words, not for religious or cultural purposes). However, the argument has been taken over by MRAs that use it as a sign of their TRUE OPPRESSION and Nazis who use it as a thinly veiled attack on the Jewish people. And people like this Nazi use it to try and win men over to his side by inches.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Mr. Fowl posted:

And people like this Nazi use it to try and win men over to his side by inches.

:chanpop:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Lodin posted:

Bob the Angry Flower keeps owning.

Finally, the BtAF/Faithmouse crossover I've been waiting for!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

duz posted:

Yes, that is what they want. That's not what the Donald is doing tho.

Seriously. SERIOUSLY.

All those "campaign promises" like "lock her up"?

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
Also apparently his hair is rigid enough to make its own indentation in the wall

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Intelectual elites know better than the average person.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

stillvisions posted:

I wouldn't be so sure; Trudeau hasn't fixed every social ill in Canada yet 100% so the internet is firing up the "both sides are the same" machine. If the NDP comes out promising ponies and rainbows we'll get the magical split vote again. Trump is going to do everything in his power to make Trudeau look bad along the way as well.

On the flip side, I have a friends who are getting memberships in the Conservative party just to make sure these two asshats don't get in.

Oh and bonus possible hilarity: their leadership convention is sharing space with a 25,000+ attendee anime convention this year.

It's pretty disingenuous to characterize people who are upset at the Liberals like that. They've been extremely slow on a number of big campaign provinces like the missing and murdered Indigenous women and marijuana legalization. In fact, there's been almost no action on the various Indigenous issues that were talked about during the election.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Trudeau presented himself as a progressive wunderkind, I think it's natural for there to be some disappointment when he was (shockingly!) revealed to be a liberal party leader with prominent political heritage.

That said, he's doing better than Paul Martin did so I'm thankful for that at least.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Foggy Bottom" is shorthand for the State department, she's not referring to the literal neighborhood. Benson is justifying our lack of a functioning State department by grouping all the officials that Trump fired with the "swamp."

Well, sir, I'm Jordan Rivers, and these are the Foggy Bottom Boys, out of Cottonillia, Mississippi. Fongs of falvation to falve the foul.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
The only people I've ever heard talk about circumcision as a problem in real life were outspoken feminists.

Also, we're not paying enough attention to Branco's shameful inability to draw shapes and lines.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 27, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

If Trump's presidency kills off "both sides are the same" for all time it might be worth it. This would of course require the sacrifice of Ted Rall, but I think that's a sacrifice worth making.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Voyager I posted:

The only people I've ever heard talk about circumcision as a problem in real life were outspoken feminists.

There's a lot of butt hurt guys that are super upset they didn't get a say in their circumcision. I'm really not particularly sure why it matters, I've always figured they just fetishize how uncut looks.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Action-Man posted:

I see executive orders are now a good thing.

Also, email servers
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/824665530934194180?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://youtu.be/J86ILX3-DTY

The Most Horsey Take

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

War Wizard posted:

There's a lot of butt hurt guys that are super upset they didn't get a say in their circumcision. I'm really not particularly sure why it matters, I've always figured they just fetishize how uncut looks.

It is one of those things you are ambivalent about until you realize that it is kind of hosed up. It is by no means a hill worth dieing on but the issue has some merit. Sadly, as has been discussed, the people currently championing the issue are bigoted poo poo heels. It is best to just not discuss it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the special relationship – Theresa May has said she can strike up a strong working relationship with US president Donald Trump because ‘opposites attract’" After Gillray.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

The Most Horsey Take

AGC

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

If Trump's presidency kills off "both sides are the same" for all time it might be worth it. This would of course require the sacrifice of Ted Rall, but I think that's a sacrifice worth making.
I can only speak for my own observations, but it doesn't seem to be having anywhere near that effect so far.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Sandpuppy posted:

The Most Horsey Take

I love Horsey :allears:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

albany academy posted:

Trudeau presented himself as a progressive wunderkind, I think it's natural for there to be some disappointment when he was (shockingly!) revealed to be a liberal party leader with prominent political heritage.

That said, he's doing better than Paul Martin did so I'm thankful for that at least.

I totally understand the disappointment, but I really don't understand the people going "guess I'll vote conservative next time" as though failing to fix something is worse than breaking it more.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Johnny Walker posted:

I can only speak for my own observations, but it doesn't seem to be having anywhere near that effect so far.

Yeah, this will take time. It's been a week. We have hundreds left. Hundreds!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

War Wizard posted:

I'm not sure how it makes me butthurt or fetishy to wish I hadn't had part of my penis cut off as a baby

It sucks that what should be such a non brainer issue for everything but religiously motivated circumcisions is being championed by MRA shitheads

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dr. Stab posted:

I totally understand the disappointment, but I really don't understand the people going "guess I'll vote conservative next time" as though failing to fix something is worse than breaking it more.

It's because they don't know the actual party positions, they think it's two equal groups and you just take turns until it's fixed.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

War Wizard posted:

I know a guy who is trying to "restore" his foreskin by wearing this plastic torture device. He showed it to me once and I nearly puked.

Circumcision is definitely a mutilation, but stretching your dick skin out to try and replicate what was cut off is an even worse mutilation. Fight fire with fire, I guess.

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Times:

I just saw Theresa on TV for the first time, and I was shocked at how normal she looks! Compared to Trump, she is actually attractive.

Maybe I've spent too long reading this thread...

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

IDGI is this supposed to be pro or anti regulation? Why put the "jobs"plant in a pot that can simply be carried into the sun light if the latter, and why not put a bunch of essential poo poo in the branches of the tree if the former??

crowoutofcontext fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 27, 2017

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Wasn't this the whole point though? No nice white Americans wanted a potentially dangerous pipeline going through their area's drinking water so they were trying to route it through the Native American's land instead? I mean every company has a terrible record of pipeline leakage so there's always potential for disaster, but I would think simply "going around them" is the primary goal of those protesting so that should at least work for them.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

crowoutofcontext posted:

IDGI is this supposed to be pro or anti regulation? Why put the "jobs"plant in a pot that can simply be carried into the sun light if the latter, and why not put a bunch of essential poo poo in the branches of the tree if the former??

Benson is probably one of the worst at making cartoons that can be easily misinterpreted from whatever conservative talking point she's trying to make.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

So, is the consensus among cartoonists that an era of cooperation will be sealed with hot, dusty diplo-loving?

Related: do you think the prez installed a gilded Louis XVI full-length mirror above the presidential bed?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Dr. Stab posted:

Is that a product of the liberals and conservatives being seen as similar, or because most people think the worst that can happen is a minority government - which many would consider to superior to a majority - therefore who cares it'll balance itself out etc.?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
How can juggalos go on like this, when the real insane clown posse . . . is in the White House!!!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Circumcision is one of those issues that MRA have polluted so badly that it's impossible to not feel like you're supporting them by talking about it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

OldTennisCourt posted:

Circumcision is one of those issues that MRA have polluted so badly that it's impossible to not feel like you're supporting them by talking about it.

Yeah, this is about right.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

OldTennisCourt posted:

They seem to think that feminists are really enthusiastic about it for some reason. Paging Dr Freud....

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

How can juggalos go on like this, when the real insane clown posse . . . is in the White House!!!

loving GOVT

HOW DOES IT WORK

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

loquacius posted:

Well, sir, I'm Jordan Rivers, and these are the Foggy Bottom Boys, out of Hot Coffee, Mississippi. Fongs of falvation to falve the foul.

loquacius posted:

Well, sir, I'm Jordan Rivers, and these are the Foggy Bottom Boys, out of Chunky, Mississippi. Fongs of falvation to falve the foul.

loquacius posted:

Well, sir, I'm Jordan Rivers, and these are the Foggy Bottom Boys, out of Cottonville, Mississippi. Fongs of falvation to falve the foul.

loquacius posted:

Well, sir, I'm Jordan Rivers, and these are the Foggy Bottom Boys, out of Egypt, Mississippi. Fongs of falvation to falve the foul.

loquacius posted:

Well, sir, I'm Jordan Rivers, and these are the Foggy Bottom Boys, out of Toomsuba, Mississippi. Fongs of falvation to falve the foul.

loquacius posted:

Well, sir, I'm Jordan Rivers, and these are the Foggy Bottom Boys, out of Whynot, Mississippi. Fongs of falvation to falve the foul.

Fixed with a selection of actual towns in Mississippi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

So, the consensus is that Theresa May is the Grand High Witch?

• Locked thread