Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Josh Lyman posted:

This is the best chance Fed will ever have. Playing well, fast court, extra day to recover, Nadal with a 5 hour semifinal.

See you say that but his movement to the forehand side is shot to poo poo and the one shot Nadal is actually hitting pretty well is the cross court backhand. Thats if Nadal doesn't rediscover that he can hit a forehand down the line in which Fed is double hosed. Oh and thats on top of Fed maybe being hurt and also always playing like poo poo against Nadal in majors since forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

where's jeff gillooly when you need him

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ChaosReaper posted:

See you say that but his movement to the forehand side is shot to poo poo and the one shot Nadal is actually hitting pretty well is the cross court backhand. Thats if Nadal doesn't rediscover that he can hit a forehand down the line in which Fed is double hosed. Oh and thats on top of Fed maybe being hurt and also always playing like poo poo against Nadal in majors since forever.

I would have just said Federer has actually been playing relatively badly for 3-4 sets of every match and has been getting away with it because:
Nishikori = Bad Hip
Zverev = Bad player
Stan the Man = Bad Knee

If Nadal is fit and firing, Federer is screwed.

It's a great narrative for a Slam final, but the Geriatric Final is going to be a 5 set win for Nadal.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Schlesische posted:

It's a great narrative for a Slam final, but the Geriatric Final is going to be a 5 set win for Nadal.

I must be hallucinating but since when has a five set match between Federer and Nadal not gone down as an all time great match? Wimbledone 2008, Australian Open 2009 off the top of my head.

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
Lol if you think this is lasting longer than 2 hours.

Nadal wins 7-5, 6-2, 6-3 and tennis promptly dies.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Federer wins 7-6 6-7 6-7 7-6 70-68 imo

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

vyelkin posted:

I assume your timeline ends with both men dead on the court.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

vyelkin posted:

This but Nadal winning.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Someone needs to take a crowbar to Rafa's knee.

vyelkin posted:

They don't stop for poor light here so one of them will be dead before this score. (and I was beaten to this remark)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Also lol at my thread title

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

marioinblack posted:

I assume your timeline ends with both men dead on the court.

They're just consummate professionals who want people in North America to be able to watch the final at a reasonable hour

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a final

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

oliwan posted:

There's a final

Was a final. Only surprise is it wasn't 6-0 6-0.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

oliwan posted:

There's a final
Junior girl's final was better.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

Junior girl's final was better.

Aatrek alt spotted

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

T minus 15 hours. I can't wait!

Gonna get some ice cream and Doritos and pig out while I watch.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 28, 2017

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
The tennis match is starting real soon. I am very exited. :holy:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I haven't watched any tennis in freakin ages, has Fed got any chance here?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
He always has a chance, but it's probably not a big one. The court is playing a bit faster than previous years and Nadal hasn't looked unbeatable, so maybe. It's still Federer v Nadal, though, with everything that entails. Probably Rafa in four.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
We got a break boiz! :dance:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Yes yes yes!

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Fed's backhand holding up well so far.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The crowd being this pro-Fed is disgusting :colbert:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Glare Seethe posted:

He always has a chance, but it's probably not a big one. The court is playing a bit faster than previous years and Nadal hasn't looked unbeatable, so maybe. It's still Federer v Nadal, though, with everything that entails. Probably Rafa in four.

I think you meant Rafa in 5, but the gist is right.

Sidebar: why does Rafa keep pulling his pants out of his crack when he's a multimillionaire who can afford to just buy better underpants?

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 29, 2017

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Schlesische posted:

I think you meant Rafa in 5, but the gist is right.

Sidebar: why does Rafa keep pulling his pants out of his crack when he's a multimillionaire who can afford to just buy better underpants?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxnv2vtyFpk&t=6s

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy. Run along now.
you suck, roger

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Suck it Rog

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

he's old and terrible

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Schlesische posted:

Bounce ball, pick wedgie, pick up left shoulder of t-shirt followed by right shoulder, squeeze sweat off nose and tuck hair behind left ear, squeeze nose again, tuck hair behind right ear, wipe ear/nose sweat onto right leg and then serve

If this is a second service, settle for a more limited routine of adjusting the wedgie, nose squeezes and ear/hair tuck followed by serve

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Hey look Federer got break points that he didn't convert shocker. Nadal didn't get much of a chance to moonball to the backhand much in the first set but now here we are. Federer can't move as well to the forehand now so he just gets even more crushed by the backhand barrage.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Federer... Please Roger... Kill the ugly sperger mong...

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Jesus, Federer looks like losing the second love-6.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Goddamn Federer is just spraying errors from his forehand now.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want to believe.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lol at how bald Nadal already is, loving doping loser.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Can someone remind the autist that he's not supposed to spend 30 secs plus on his OCD moves every point?

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

nadal going to federer's backhand over and over is just so comical and sad

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Buddy Holly posted:

nadal going to federer's backhand over and over is just so comical and sad

Please do not make fun of his illness.

Buddy Holly
Oct 14, 2004

you're right, i'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Xabi posted:

Can someone remind the autist that he's not supposed to spend 30 secs plus on his OCD moves every point?

Good job, you made him nervous, now he's gonna want to turn the court's lights on and off 11 times before each game

• Locked thread