Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Eh, I threw 50 and got a Venetian shield. Honestly not terribly happy about it honestly but I still got 116 mythril left, still gotta plug through story dungeons.

I'm gonna be like eight shades of megasad if I get pure crap for the ff4 banner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I got a 3/11 on this one, and it was my first rather disappointing multi relic pull. Kaiser Shield, Lambent Hat, and Luminous Robe. Good for synergy, I guess.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I went 3/22 and got 2 Ovelia Hats and 1 Ovelia Robe when I'm short of damage and long on buffs/healing, this gatcha is bumming me out. :(

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Ouch. Yeah I was pretty bummed after one, but I realized the crap on this banner was so weak that it wasn't worth trying another pull. 2nd anniversary it is.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Also is it worth diving Cloud to 5* spellblade if you've got his OSB and planning to get his goggles from the freebie? He's always been like... kinda there, but with my Zidane having his SSB2 and BSB he seems like the exclamation point in my wind team.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm hoping for a good pull on FFIV myself. Golbez BSB would be great, but I'd be happy enough with his SSB. Rosa's BSB and the other SSBs on the banner are good enough consolation prizes. I'm just hoping to avoid the poor Uniques in that set.

Servaetes posted:

Also is it worth diving Cloud to 5* spellblade if you've got his OSB and planning to get his goggles from the freebie? He's always been like... kinda there, but with my Zidane having his SSB2 and BSB he seems like the exclamation point in my wind team.

I assume you mean his armour; the goggles belong to Cid.

And generally not unless you really want to use Tornado Strike, since only natural 5*s can access Snowspell Strike. The other 5* Spellblades are decent though, so if Cloud's your only main Spellblader that's worth a consideration.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Servaetes posted:

5* Spellblade has gotten a lot better, now that we have the Twinstrikes. For wind stuff, there's also Tornado Strike for AoE.

So there are definitely much worse dives to go for.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Luck is back to normal for me: after three quality Bursts out of five pulls during the winter Fest, a hard crash and bomb on the Dungeon Lucky banner and my first ever Burst off a dollar pull on the Summoner banner (Keeper's Tome, my first Tyro relic to boot!) I got my patented "good, solid CM shoring up but not the item/s that would hit the spot, vague feeling of disappointment" draw. First pull was Kaiser and Venetian Shields, a decent pull by any standard, Kaiser Shield was a dupe but that was a risk I was willing to take and Venetian Shield is for Agrias and my feelings on Agrias are a matter of record. Second pull was two Mythril Guns and Healing Staff, another decent pull that pretty much puts my CM needs on lock for a long time but also drains much of the value from the rest of the banner since Ovelia is now "complete", Lambent Hat and Luminous Robe essentially being trash to me. On the one hand, better that I walk away with something tangible after 100 Mythril rather than the 150 to 200 I was originally willing to blow on this and give chase to Saintly Excalibur or Agriascalibur somewhere else where whiffing isn't practically guaranteed to be pointless. On the other hand, one relic away from Complete Agrias and no Orlando BSB :qq:

On the topic of Mustadio, I guess my beef with him is that outside of CMs (where he will do much work, no bout adoubt it) I don't know how to kit him so that he's a contender for A-team slots. Investing in Machinist hones is unlikely given my broken hoarder brain so I have to somehow ramp up to Heart Shot using Support or Celerity abilities since it's unlikely that he rates one of the two starter gauge RMs. If he had Support 5 he could be the team breaker and I could live with the Penta Break being a Weak phase special but as it is, he'd be grabbing the off-Breaker role of sorts and I'm just not sure that rates a party slot. I guess we'll see.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
So after my Summon lucky draw being "ehn" despite three pulls(no bursts/OSBs at all to chain after my four 1/11 no-burst FF14 draws, though at least I got six across three draws this time and the Sheeps to go with my Ley Lines), I draw on this with the initial thought of "Well this is going to suck-NO. THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD.".

*rainbow ball pops up* "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Got Saintly Excalibur and two of Ovelia's Unique robes. Trying to figure out where to budget the other 50 mythril. I may throw it at Summon again, I really need more mage bursts...

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Scraped up enough for a second pull

Think 5/11 is my most number of relics in a single pull. Also I have so many Agrias shields now. I think I'm gonna combine these three, the elemental resistances are realm locked and I can just use accessories in any case. Bad idea?

This gun and a shared white staff are still my only natural 5* Tactics weapons, but at least Agrias can use my Sun Blade (II) when she needs to.

... Now that I think about it, this is my first holy relic for a knight 5*.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Is there any way to know what'll be on the anniversary banners? Tempted to pull on the summoner banner again but not if there's going to be cool poo poo down the line.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

UHD posted:

Is there any way to know what'll be on the anniversary banners? Tempted to pull on the summoner banner again but not if there's going to be cool poo poo down the line.

No. Event banners like that tend to change a lot when global gets them, items get moved around or replaced, etc. Only things that almost certain to remain are brand new items. But you can still look this JP thread to get an idea of what they might have:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/53njru/jp_ffrk_2nd_anniversary_megathread/

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nihilarian posted:

Think 5/11 is my most number of relics in a single pull. Also I have so many Agrias shields now. I think I'm gonna combine these three, the elemental resistances are realm locked and I can just use accessories in any case. Bad idea?

This gun and a shared white staff are still my only natural 5* Tactics weapons, but at least Agrias can use my Sun Blade (II) when she needs to.

... Now that I think about it, this is my first holy relic for a knight 5*.

Actually, come to think of it, do the synergy effects activate when they're equipped to someone that gets synergy in a nightmare event?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Attestant posted:

No. Event banners like that tend to change a lot when global gets them, items get moved around or replaced, etc. Only things that almost certain to remain are brand new items. But you can still look this JP thread to get an idea of what they might have:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/53njru/jp_ffrk_2nd_anniversary_megathread/

Cool, thank you!

Probably got enough time to stock up, so what the hell I'll give the summon banner another whirl.

1/11, Arc's White Mage Robe.

Guess that'll learn me.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
These are the new relics with the Anniversary Banners, still a while off. Even these might move around on Banners but all of them should show up.

Format for Banners is 1 USB/OSB, 1 OSB, 1 OSB/BSB, 3 BSB, 4 SSB.

Edit: Japan also got the really great Ultros Banner and 3 Lucky Draws (Curaga Medicas, En-Element SBs, Burst+)

Banner 1:
Tyro USB (Party Status Blink, HP Stock 2000, Haste; Self-Powerchainx2)
Sephiroth OSB (Dark/Fire, no gimmicks)
Onion Knight OSB (Non-Elemental, Physical or Magical depending on stats)

Banner 2:
Faris USB (Non-elemental AoE Hyper Break with Stun, power increases with less enemies,
Shantotto BSB (AoE Lightning/Fire/Ice with Enthunder and OHOHOHOHO voiceclip, Lightning/Fire and Lightning/Ice Commands)

Banner 3: Nothing new

Banner 4:
Agrias OSB (Holy/Non, powers up hitting weakness, Sword is Holy+ in all realms)
Ashe OSB (Lightning/Non, no gimmick)

Banner 5:
Eiko USB (Instant Cast, Curaga Medica, Party Last Stand, Hastega)

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 27, 2017

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

3/11 on FFT

Ovelia Healing Staff - meh, dupe
Ovelia Hat - meh, the staff is better, but this could be useful. I can open with the proshell SSB, then use the medica after that. Since I don't have any healing BSB's, this might make Ovelia my best healer.
Agrias Shield (Enholy SSB) - not one of the top prizes, but I wanted something for Agrias and this qualifies.

After a string of 1/11's, I'll take it. No BSB/OSB, and I would have liked to get something for Orlandu, but this isn't too bad.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Actually, come to think of it, do the synergy effects activate when they're equipped to someone that gets synergy in a nightmare event?

Yes. Terra w/ Blood Sword did WORK v. Valigarmanda. (I had her with Wrath and Ifrit and let the rest of the party handle P1 and times SSB and OSB to go off after each barrier Break.)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
First pull, 2/11 - enholy SSB for Agrias and Mustiado's hyperbreak(down?) SSB.
Second pull, 1/11 - Oliva's old and worthless SB cloak. :sigh:

Sitting at 49 mythril so I'll be able to do a 3rd pull for one last bout of disappointment later. I know I won't get the OSB but it'd be nice to actually get one. Over a dozen or so 11 pulls and no OSBs to show for it is bullshit and I went through the same garbage with BSBs.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I was saving 50 mythril to go for Goblez's BSB in a week, but now I'm thinking I should just wait for the anniversary banners. If I blew my last mythril and only got Rosa's lovely dress I'd be pretty pissed. Probably better to pull on banners with better consolation prizes

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Elephant Ambush posted:

Outside of his OSB, which is better for Orlandeau to Powerchain into: R1 Aegis Strike or R2 Full Charge?

This got buried at the bottom of the last page. Anyone have any idea?

Also, I can't seem to view the descriptions of Orlandeau's TG Mode commands the same way I normally view BSB commands. Can someone help?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Also, I can't seem to view the descriptions of Orlandeau's TG Mode commands the same way I normally view BSB commands. Can someone help?

Thunder god is a cast time reduction buff, not a burst style buff. Reduces charge times to 1/3 for 25s.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't think he has alternate commands. It's like a different version of Haste, with greatly reduced cast times. They stack, in fact. I don't have his OSB to test though. No idea about the powerchaining optimization.

One pull is enough for me this time. Though I'll admit, looking at the Japanniversary banners, I realize I've been pretty lucky with pulls lately as there are a whole lot more dupes there for me then the last fest.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Well I was saving up for this one, took 3 pulls but I got Cid's OSB and BSB, along with Agrias's SSB and BSB and Ovelia's staff and hat SSBs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Pull #3, 1/11 again and another luminous robe for Ovelia.

gently caress this piece of poo poo game and the people who make it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I did a thing

My first 8*

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Nihilarian posted:

I did a thing

My first 8*

That's as neat as my thing! Honestly maybe neater, I'm not sure what the gun to shield neatness conversion factor is.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Evil Fluffy posted:

I think luminous robe is the 5* you get if the draw would have otherwise been 0/11 because I got just that back to back

Also the game keeps giving me 5* dark matter when what I really want is 4* dark matter :mad:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Should've heeded all the warnings about this banner man. Sorry. Looks like TGCid OSB will be back on one of those loaded anniversary banners.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

On the topic of Mustadio, I guess my beef with him is that outside of CMs (where he will do much work, no bout adoubt it) I don't know how to kit him so that he's a contender for A-team slots. Investing in Machinist hones is unlikely given my broken hoarder brain so I have to somehow ramp up to Heart Shot using Support or Celerity abilities since it's unlikely that he rates one of the two starter gauge RMs. If he had Support 5 he could be the team breaker and I could live with the Penta Break being a Weak phase special but as it is, he'd be grabbing the off-Breaker role of sorts and I'm just not sure that rates a party slot. I guess we'll see.
Mustadio might not fit in the usual DPS focused A-Team, but he is very good for a mitigation based team. Stacking Full Break (-30%), Power Breakdown/Magic Breakdown (-40%/-50%), a ATK/MAG SB debuff (-40% or -50%) and Pentabreak (-30%) can really neuter some bosses, and is all the more important when you're up against a boss you can't burst down quickly or who uses a lot of piercing attacks.

Running Breakdown + Wrath with Ace Striker is perfectly fine, and the fact that he can also use Machinist ailment abilities for medal conditions is another major plus. Mustadio might not be doing the most damage, but he'll certainly help keep your team alive.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Elephant Ambush posted:

1) Full Charge. Aegis Strike is not very good unless you're dealing with AoE holy vulnerability. Saints Cross is better. (But not as good as Full Charge with Powerchain or TG mode)

2) TG mode doesn't have commands. It's not a burst. It causes all of your actions to cast in 1/3rd the time for 25 seconds, which is great for spamming Full Charge, subsequent OSB casts, or Orlandeau BSB commands.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I get excited when I see a new feature announced only for it to just be some character specific mechanic

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

With BSBs for Agrias, Minfilla, and Hope I now have a good backbone for a Holy Team. Onion Knight can provide the Boost/Faith and Haste, and then I can throw whatever I want in the last slot.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Beat Geosgaeno 200 through a literal miracle, didn't master.

My god is he a huge sack of poo poo, that was horrible. Surprisingly the trash is easy (Proshellga, start Alphinaud + Y'shtola's BSBs and auto attack until you need to refresh them) but Geo himself caused me a lot of problems.

I think I might be able to master it if I gave everyone KO resist accessories (breaking Tidus to 80+ couldn't hurt, either) but I am so done with this fight right now I'll give mastery a shot when it comes back.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Mithross posted:

That's as neat as my thing! Honestly maybe neater, I'm not sure what the gun to shield neatness conversion factor is.

I checked and my 8 star rifle is gonna have to wait a bit. I actually dropped below 6 digit gil today. Trying to get a decent baseline of skills going is crushing my money and orb count as fast as it's coming in.

Still pretty annoyed that I can't break down crystals. Ages away from 6 star abilities, and I need all the majors and greaters I can get.

Edit: ^ Grats on the win! Did you need a lot of synergy gear? Torment 200 is my next big goal, if I can manage to pull a medica sometime.

way to go steve fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jan 27, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Is Ultra Cure that imperative to rank up? I'm always really weary to rank up 5* abilities past R2 or R3.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Servaetes posted:

Is Ultra Cure that imperative to rank up? I'm always really weary to rank up 5* abilities past R2 or R3.

I'd say don't hone it if you don't need it. Wait and see if there's some status effect heavy fight you couldn't deal with otherwise.

Also if you have any healing BSB, you're going to need less hones anyways. And it starts from 4 uses like most heals, so r3 would be 8 uses already.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I think luminous robe is the 5* you get if the draw would have otherwise been 0/11 because I got just that back to back

Also the game keeps giving me 5* dark matter when what I really want is 4* dark matter :mad:

I don't doubt it. If a 5* wasn't guaranteed I fully expect that one if not both of my 1/11 pulls would've been 0/11 instead.

CaptainPsyko posted:

1) Full Charge. Aegis Strike is not very good unless you're dealing with AoE holy vulnerability. Saints Cross is better. (But not as good as Full Charge with Powerchain or TG mode)

2) TG mode doesn't have commands. It's not a burst. It causes all of your actions to cast in 1/3rd the time for 25 seconds, which is great for spamming Full Charge, subsequent OSB casts, or Orlandeau BSB commands.

More specifically, you have Orlandu firing off OSBs non-stop whilw someone feeds him SB bars with Wrath+Entrust. As an added bonus you could bring a Maria's Song RW and use that first, giving him EnHoly prior to dunking repeatedly on a boss.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ultra Cure being separated from the other Cure spells in the ability menus triggers me so hard

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Man the timing on this CPU fight is fuckin' obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I don't doubt it. If a 5* wasn't guaranteed I fully expect that one if not both of my 1/11 pulls would've been 0/11 instead.

More specifically, you have Orlandu firing off OSBs non-stop whilw someone feeds him SB bars with Wrath+Entrust. As an added bonus you could bring a Maria's Song RW and use that first, giving him EnHoly prior to dunking repeatedly on a boss.

Eh, that works but it's hardly necessary. PC/FC->chaining OSB's in a burn phase or Lifesiphon x3-> OSB -> spam full charge into OSB again are both perfectly good without dragging along a support 5 to stand around and feed gauge with no damage.

• Locked thread