Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

wicka posted:

Manor is dead, long live Manor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

Manor is dead, long live Manor.

Manure.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The 2010 car looked pretty good tho in hindsight. Shame about that fuel tank.

The low nose cars look much worse. motherfuck driver safety. Blood for the blood god.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I really liked the throwback Gulf livery from this last year

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is the death of manor going to resurrect the not-enough-cars clause of some-contract-with-the-teams whereby some teams might be required to run more cars? Oh I guess not with Haas in there now. Also Haas kicking rear end which Europeans such as Manor/Sauber/Caterham/McLaren are incapable of doing. Boom. Suck it, Europe.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I really liked the throwback Gulf livery from this last year

It's only good because everybody is utterly poo poo at making liveries now.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Also they had no sponsors, so they could paint the car whatever they wanted.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

MattD1zzl3 posted:

The 2010 car looked pretty good tho in hindsight. Shame about that fuel tank.

The low nose cars look much worse. motherfuck driver safety. Blood for the blood god.

And yet when we had all the high nose cars everyone ITT was calling for the return of low nose cars

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tsaedje posted:

And yet when we had all the high nose cars everyone ITT was calling for the return of low nose cars

gently caress it, bring back the dick nose.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

The Roman column noses of 2011 looked really bad and I'd rather have the low noses over that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

iospace posted:

gently caress it, bring back the dick nose.

gently caress you

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Did they not have enough money for a front wing that year or am I going blind?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

geonetix posted:

**~*First car designed only in CFD*~**

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is the death of manor going to resurrect the not-enough-cars clause of some-contract-with-the-teams whereby some teams might be required to run more cars? Oh I guess not with Haas in there now. Also Haas kicking rear end which Europeans such as Manor/Sauber/Caterham/McLaren are incapable of doing. Boom. Suck it, Europe.

The rumoured clause was in the CVC contract, and it was that if there were less than 22 cars on the grid then Bernie got fired. Even with Haas it's 20 in 2017, but I bet if Bernie was still in charge then manor would have found a mysterious buyer. Odd how the mysterious buyer Manor had suddenly vanished after Bernie got fired.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

geonetix posted:

A manor in it's natural state has just been binned into a wall by a rookie.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Wasn't Ron Dennis in talks to acquire Manor? Would've been kind of cool, I guess.

Please do it Ron. McLanor 2017. No title sponsors required (or interested).

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If Ron bought Manor he would instantly find a title sponsor, just out of spite.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Still too visually interesting.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Serious question: Did Mika have a legit mental breakdown in '99? I just watched him spin out at Monza and I seriously don't understand how he's driving this bad.

Edit: lmbo now he's crying.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

Serious question: Did Mika have a legit mental breakdown in '99? I just watched him spin out at Monza and I seriously don't understand how he's driving this bad.

Edit: lmbo now he's crying.

I remember him legit thinking he was going to die all the time, after his first horror crash, and this would stress him out. AFAIK Brazil 2001 (where he got stuck on the grid) was when he decided he would retire that season.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

I've always hated high-nose designs.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
List of attractive high nose designs;

- Tyrrell 019
- Tyrrell 020 series
- Benetton B191-B194 after a 26 of vodka
- Cars from the 1997 season.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

List of noses that shouldn't ever return:

Dick nose
Clit nose
Double dick nose

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
List of noses that should return:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Uh the 2011-2013 cars look way worse dude.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

learnincurve posted:

List of noses that should return:

My favorite design era (that i didnt watch) I call it the "Make the body wide enough for mansell" era. and that triplane wing... :awesome:

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 27, 2017

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Uh the 2011-2013 cars look way worse dude.

There's no car on this earth that looks as ugly as the caterham dicknose.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Counter point:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm not sure if the force India dick nose does not edge it out, at least caterham had the good grace to paint it the same colour as the rest of the car.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MattD1zzl3 posted:

My favorite design era (that i didnt watch) I call it the "Make the body wide enough for mansell" era. and that triplane wing... :awesome:

The worst looking and one of the best looking cars of that era, all in one post!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

I'm not sure if the force India dick nose does not edge it out, at least caterham had the good grace to paint it the same colour as the rest of the car.

Force India were trying to make it less apparent that there was a giant dildo stapled to the nose by blending it in with the black on the inside of the nose. You can't fault them for trying.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Human Grand Prix posted:

The worst looking and one of the best looking cars of that era, all in one post!

I honestly like the B191. Its thicker, pointy nose reminds me of a F-15 Eagle. The Jordan is a Fokker Dreidecker :swoon:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I find it really difficult to say that I dislike the look of a Barnard designed car.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I find it really difficult to say that I dislike the look of a Barnard designed car.

It doesn't look bad per se but it's uglier than the all the other 89-92 cars (save for its successor, the B192).

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Norns posted:

Double dick nose

I liked the double dick, it was as close as you could get to raising two fingers at Bernie.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It is a God drat crime against humanity that HHF didn't win the WDC in '99.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I will honestly say that Irvine was a more deserving champ in 1999 than Hakkinen. He wasn't that fast but at least mostly refrained from melting down unlike certain Finns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I seriously can't wrap my mind around how he melted down that badly with that car against Irvine in a gimped Ferrari and Frentzen in a loving Jordan with a Mugen engine. Like its just amazing to watch.

• Locked thread