Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

lol what in the world

people getting uptight about something like this in 2017? Really?

I can see the teenage girl getting bothered by her parents actually being people (I mean, it's a common problem) but teachers at school getting bent out of shape over some goth makeup is more than a little silly

It's like you've never met middle aged white people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My [22 M] girlfriend [23 F] of 2 years refuses to party as a couple, and only goes out alone or with friends.

[insert meme here]

quote:

Basically what the title says. My girlfriend and I have been together for 2 years, but this clubbing issue has only started to bother me recently. When we started dating, I knew she was into partying but that didn't bother me because I assumed that I'd let her have her fun, and then I'd join her on the off-chance that I felt like it.

However, the issue is that she won't ever allow me to come partying with her. Whether it's house parties, frat parties, nightclubs, etc, she simply says that partying with me isn't fun (which is odd b/c she's never experienced it), and that I would ruin her "Girls' Night Out experience."

Her female friends are all single, so she claims that my presence would make them feel uncomfortable b/c they aren't able to make-out with random guys if I'm there. If that's true then I don't mind not coming 90% of the time (I don't really like partying anyways), but I'd like to go clubbing with my girlfriend at least once. I'm trying not to be insecure, but this has been going on for months, and she's probably gone out 20 times by now (alone or with her friends each time). I've tried to insist that I'd like to come to the party/club with her, but she either refuses or just cancels her plans and then gets mad at me for it. Am I in the wrong for being wary/suspicious?

TL;DR - Girlfriend refuses to let me go clubbing with her, claiming that she only has fun when I'm not at the club. Starting to get annoyed/suspicious.

Edit - After reading all of these replies, I decided to speak with her, and asked her about her plans for tomorrow night. She said she's going out clubbing, by herself (the usual). When I asked if I could come along, she said "I really don't want you there, why won't you just let me have my fun." I guess that's it, I'll be breaking up with her tomorrow before she goes to the club. I really wish this wasn't the end of a 2 year long relationship, but I guess that's how it has to be. Not really sure what to do with all of the happy moments, aspects of our life, and mutual friends that we shared, but I'm very grateful for everyone's comments.

At least he's breaking up with her

:psyduck:

Mirthless posted:

I can see the teenage girl getting bothered by her parents actually being people (I mean, it's a common problem) but teachers at school getting bent out of shape over some goth makeup is more than a little silly

That was my response too but then again I live in San Diego where it probably wouldn't even be all that weird to begin with. Then again

quote:

middle aged white people

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mirthless posted:

lol what in the world

this is probably taking place in the same Footloose-assed town the coffee bomber and his girlfriend are from

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

It's like you've never met middle aged white people.

yeah but middle aged white people are mostly millennials now

when the hr lady has purple hair and you've got accountants with septum piercings it's a little weird to get bent out of shape over some black lipstick

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

when the hr lady has purple hair and you've got accountants with septum piercings it's a little weird to get bent out of shape over some black lipstick

You don't understand what middle aged means.

Early 30s isn't middle aged.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

You don't understand what middle aged means.

Early 30s isn't middle aged.

*googles*

Huh. 45-60. Yeah, I guess I could see that.

That still shouldn't describe all or necessarily even most of her teachers though

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Moridin920 posted:

Dogs can't consent bc they are dogs but like you're gonna tell me that if a couple consenting adults of close age want to roleplay I should really care that much?

I mean yeah it's weird to me but I'm not gonna lie a girl has called me daddy midstroke before and it's not like I was gonna stop lol.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my girl called me her brothers name and then screamed "gently caress me brother, yes please, oh how I have longed for this moment BROTHER" but that's fine probably

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Zzulu posted:

my girl called me her brothers name and then screamed "gently caress me brother, yes please, oh how I have longed for this moment BROTHER" but that's fine probably

Stop spoiling Mass Effect: Andromeda shitlord.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

With goth parents all I picture is...

MORTICIA: *enters lavish drawing room, holding a brightly colored magazine between two fingers* Gomez, my darling!

GOMEZ: *starts to his feet* What is it, my graveyard blossom? The moat creature loose again? Fester wedged between iron railings on the staircase?

MORTICIA: Worse!

GOMEZ: Worse?!

MORTICIA: I was in Wednesday's room, feeding the spiders, but I found...I found...

GOMEZ: *snatches magazine, revealed as a copy of TEEN BEAT* My sweet Wednesday...but she's so young! So cruel! She wants to be a CIA interrogator when she grows up! Surely this isn't--

MORTICIA: There's more, beloved. There were...pastels.

GOMEZ: *drops magazine in shock, falls to his knees* No!

MORTICIA: *dramatically wraps herself around him* Where did we go wrong, Gomez?

GOMEZ: Shh, shh, my sweet grim angel...children are prone to phases!

WEDNESDAY: *enters, wearing jeans and a flowery pink blouse, hair dyed blonde* Oh, my God, you guys are ruining my life.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

so is it specifically the term 'daddy' or does 'father' also work?

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Parsley posted:

Nah, the girl I knew that was into it said there was only one Father and that was the Lord.

:smugbert:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tiny Deer posted:

MORTICIA: *enters lavish drawing room, holding a brightly colored magazine between two fingers* Gomez, my darling!

GOMEZ: *starts to his feet* What is it, my graveyard blossom? The moat creature loose again? Fester wedged between iron railings on the staircase?

MORTICIA: I was in Wednesday's room, feeding the spiders, but I found...I found...

GOMEZ: *snatches magazine, revealed as a copy of TEEN BEAT* My sweet Wednesday...but she's so young! So cruel! She wants to be a CIA interrogator when she grows up! Surely this isn't--

WEDNESDAY: *enters, wearing jeans and a flowery pink blouse, hair dyed blonde* Oh, my God, you guys are ruining my life.

lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I believe it's "daddy" if you're like being submissive and stuff and if you say "father" you're probably into incest

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
This thread has gone some pretty dumb places but Addams Family fanfic tops them all.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Zzulu posted:

Didn't know Liquid Snake roleplay was a thing but hey I'm not gonna judge

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Parsley posted:

"Father" actually works better! :fap:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Boyfriend [26M] of two years won't stop telling me [26F] that I subconsciously cause a flu for myself because I wish for a reason not to go out?

quote:

He's an amazingly intelligent guy, got a stipendium, best student of the year in his University, highly educated and outgoing, great source for all kinds of advice. Except for this one. I rarely hear him talking bullshit, but that's what he's doing here. I get where he's coming from, though: his immune system is extraordinary. He only wears shirts outside in winter (around 0 degrees Celsius) and never freezes. People give him weird looks. Having a cold means sneezing once. He also can cure head aches by will force. I know he's not lying here, I've seen him play hand ball with a broken shoulder. He barely feels pain, and this fact combined with his unfair immune system leads to his belief that he's doing something right that other people do wrong, instead of being grateful for nature's gifts.

So, my colds and flus and headaches often coincide with visits from friends or family, which is just bad luck. I'm an introvert and sometimes prefer being alone, but if I needed an excuse, I wouldn't wish for some virus. Being sick is uncomfortable, why would I even want that? I can just tell people that I'm not in the mood for a meetup, no need to lie. But he tells me every single time when it's relevant (which isn't unusually often, I hope I don't make it sound that way) with a smile that it's okay to be honest with myself. I... just don't know how to argue with that kind of self-created logic. I keep telling him (usually while lying in bed with a fever) that this is not how illnesses work. You have BACTERIA and VIRUSES and cute little FUNGI that you can't really communicate with. The placebo and nocebo effects exists, sure, but they don't decide over illness and health, holy poo poo. I would just roll my eyes and let it go because he never wants to get it anyway (and discussing this undiscussable stuff stresses me out). I'd like to make him understand that his statements insult me. He basically tells me that being sick is my own fault because I'm too weak-minded.

Tl;dr: How do I tell my brainfarting boyfriend lovingly to gently caress off?

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Straight White Shark posted:

This thread has gone some pretty dumb places but Addams Family fanfic tops them all.

Better or worse than daddy chat?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

plz dont pull out posted:

Didn't know Hulk Hogan roleplay was a thing but hey I'm not gonna judge

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Boyfriend [26M] of two years won't stop telling me [26F] that I subconsciously cause a flu for myself because I wish for a reason not to go out?

Somebody needs to point this girl to the wikipedia articles for hypochondriasis and social anxiety

Her boyfriend sounds like a real joy but coincidentally getting sick whenever you have to do something that makes you a little uncomfortable isn't "bad luck with bacteria"

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

plz dont pull out posted:

Didn't know Liquid Snake roleplay was a thing but hey I'm not gonna judge

I read that post in his voice

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Tiny Deer posted:

:pusheen:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mirthless posted:

lol what in the world

god i hope this is in some stuck up lily white rich people suburb and all the polo dads and soccer moms are getting freaked out over gomez and morticia

Mirthless posted:

the idea is that adults aren't supposed to dress like this and if so something is 'wrong' with them socially but more power to the evergoths imo

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Moridin920 posted:

My [22 M] girlfriend [23 F] of 2 years refuses to party as a couple, and only goes out alone or with friends.

How does this go on for two whole years? Like what does this dude do when the girlfriend is making out with randos in the club?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Stan Taylor posted:

How does this go on for two whole years? Like what does this dude do when the girlfriend is making out with randos in the club?

He probably trusts (naively) that she's staying faithful to him and really just going out to hang out with her friends. Which, I mean, possible, but lol, why would she be this cagey about it?

People in this age range always seem to way overvalue independence in the context of a committed relationship and as a result you end up seeing these situations constantly where somebody won't give up something they really shouldn't be doing as a person in a LTR, and their partner is putting up with it because they don't realize how loving bizarre it is.

I'm glad he's dumping her, he's probably gonna feel like a crazy person in his next relationship for putting up with it this long

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Tiny Deer posted:

haha

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

He probably trusts (naively) that she's staying faithful to him and really just going out to hang out with her friends. Which, I mean, possible, but lol, why would she be this cagey about it?

People in this age range always seem to way overvalue independence in the context of a committed relationship and as a result you end up seeing these situations constantly where somebody won't give up something they really shouldn't be doing as a person in a LTR, and their partner is putting up with it because they don't realize how loving bizarre it is.

I'm glad he's dumping her, he's probably gonna feel like a crazy person in his next relationship for putting up with it this long

Could you stop taking every weird one off story and generalizing it as something that everyone in a certain age range does?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

Could you stop taking every weird one off story and generalizing it as something that everyone in a certain age range does?

I didn't mean to make it seem like "everyone does it", always was a poor choice of words

It's more, this particular type of story seems to usually be people in those age ranges in this thread. I don't know, are we pretending age doesn't bring life experiences and personal growth now?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mirthless posted:

are we pretending age doesn't bring life experiences and personal growth now?
How old is donald trump

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Yawgmoth posted:

How old is donald trump

Never said it was a universal concept :colbert:

SENTIENT HOUSEMEAT
Oct 14, 2016

A thinking, breathing house? You're mad!

Moridin920 posted:

My parents dress like vampires going to a Depeche Mode concert. My teachers and friends parents don't like or respect them.

What a treat it is to finally have a solid plan for my years of middle-aged parenthood.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

how many comments feature the word 'gaslighting', I'm guessing >20

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

how many comments feature the word 'gaslighting', I'm guessing >20
I hate how reddit/morons seem to think that gaslighting means "didn't agree with me" and/or "said something that made me not happy". It's not a system of abuse to tell someone to be honest about not wanting to go out, goddamn.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i take it back, I looked it up and they're calling him a racist sexist instead

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i take it back, I looked it up and they're calling him a racist sexist instead

Wait where is 'racist' coming from? I can see 'sexist' because he's criticizing a fe-male, but racist?

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

I [19 M] asked my coworker out for coffee, causing issues with other coworkers [19Fs]

quote:

Not sure which flair to use...

Using a throwaway cause people know my main account.

Over the past month I developed a crush on one of my coworkers (we'll call her Eve), and last week I decided to ask her out. We were sitting in the break room with another coworker (let's call him Cav) talking about things and we got on the topic of her last relationships somehow, and Cav made a comment about how Eve and I should go out. So I jumped at my chance and asked her for her number and if she wanted to go out for coffee sometime. She seemed surprised I wanted to go out with her, and she gave me her number.

Unfortunately, Cav is kind of gossipy, and has told people that Eve and I are going out with people, but we haven't even set a date for coffee yet (she hasn't responded to some of my texts, but that's not the issue).

The problem is, two of my coworkers from my department (Cav and Eve work in other sections) have crushes on me. They've made it fairly obvious (flirting, finding excuses to touch me or my hair, etc.) and up until last week were overly friendly with me and eager to help me with any tasks I might have to do.

Since it's out that Eve and I are apparently dating, my two coworkers have grown very bitter towards me (ignoring me, silent treatment, etc.). How do I approach them to try and remedy the situation and get work back to the way it was before any of this drama kicked in?

I'm not looking to have the two doting girls again, I just want them to be like regular coworkers.

Before anyone says it, I know the saying Don't poo poo where you eat,but my company allows relationships between coworkers (some are even married)

tl;dr: Asked out a female coworker, two other coworkers are jealous of her and angry towards me, how do I resolve the issue with the two coworkers

Update 1

quote:

So it's been a week since I asked Eve out, and in some ways things have gotten better, but they have also worsened as well.

Eve and I went out before I worked today, she had the day off. The date went great, but she did tell me she was surprised I had asked her out because everyone at work thought I was seeing someone outside of work, which made the date kinda awkward at first. Is that normal for girls to talk about? Never encountered it before.

I did as people suggested and treated them just the same, didn't approach/talk to either of them about Eve or dating, just strictly as coworkers.

So I went to work afterwards feeling really great and the first of the two coworkers has started warming up to me again, she isn't flirty like before, but she was no longer hostile toward me. I worked until closing, and usually the last hour to hour and a half it's pretty much dead. (I work in a Department Store if you haven't guessed by now).

The second coworker, April (no, not her really name) was also working until close, we started at the same time. She was pretty much back to how she was before she heard the rumor. Flirty, touchy, coming out of her way to see me, etc. She was asked to go work the opposite side of the store for a few hours, and I stayed in my section and did the work I was told to do.

I finished about an hour before close, the store was practically dead except for employees in other parts of the store. My manager told me to go see if April wanted any help over on her side, so I did.

Everything was great so far, but then things went south fast.

So, I went up to her and asked her "[Manager] said you might want some help, need a hand with anything?"

She sighed, and I poo poo you not, "Yeah, I'd like help understanding why you asked Eve out and not me."

I was really surprised (that's putting it mildly) by what she asked, and I tried to shift the topic back to work, so I said, "I'm not talking about that, I meant with cleaning your area."

She instantly flipped poo poo and started screaming at me about betraying her and how I completely ignore her even though she is in love with me and that's when I started going like WTF. She was saying something about Eve only liking me cause of some reasons, and that's when I started walking away to get the manager, ignoring her pretty much, and she started throwing stuff at me yelling for me to come back and face her and a bunch of other things that kind of just are a blur.

What few customers we had were hearing this and getting WTF looks, and my manager came running over. He was really pissed, took her into the backroom and I'm pretty sure she is fired now, I didn't see her after that.

He came and talked to me to get my side of the story, and he asked me to go home for the rest of the night, apologizing for April's actions and saying he'll see me tomorrow, but HR will have to talk to me. Thankfully, our cameras have audio and video, so if they do look at tapes, they'll know I was telling the truth.

I haven't told anyone else about this, but it's likely going to spread like wildfire throughout work by tomorrow morning, and unfortunately I work the next two days.

I know it's April's fault, but I still kind of feel guilty for it, like I provoked her. She was cute, but I just didn't feel a connection there, especially now that I know she is crazy.

TL;DR: Coworker flipped her poo poo and screamed at me while at work with customers around, pretty much got herself fired over trying to have a relationship with me after I asked out another girl.

Any advice for work tomorrow?

Update 2

quote:

Yesterday I talked with my HR about the whole incident that happened with April two days ago.

They asked me questions about April, about Eve, and about a few other things but I don't really want to get into much further detail about the questions or my answers.

Apparently I'd been reported by 8 different girls from three different departments since the rumor spread that Eve and I were dating for inappropriate actions with Eve in the work place. Which is absolutely hilarious, because as both HR and I knew, I hadn't worked with her since the day I asked her out. I don't know whether or not all those girls were jealous, or if someone (April) asked to them to report me. God, I really hope they are not jealous.

April has NOT been fired, but she has been transfered to a different department that works opposite hours of mine, so I don't have to talk to/see her. Kind of shocked by that, I thought she would for sure be fired.

As for my relationship with Eve, HR suggested I not see anyone so as to "not disturb my coworkers" because of the number of complaints I have received, but they can't force me to stop seeing Eve or anyone else.

However, my relationship with Eve is taking off, and I have been enjoying every second I spend with her.

So unless anything else unfolds over the next week or so, and I'm really hoping nothing else does because this is enough drama for me for the next few years, this will be the last update I do. Thanks for the advice everyone!

TL;DR: Spoke to HR, April did not get fired, was told I might not want to have a relationship if I want to work here with no drama. Eve and I are doing great.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bubblyblubber posted:

(43 / 2) + 1 <= 22 I don't see the problem here you guys are being way too hard on the poor guy.

Unless we round UP, in which case his one and only mistake was not being good with decimals.

He was already legally able to drink before she was even born. Let that sink in for a bit.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

He was already legally able to drink before she was even born. Let that sink in for a bit.

The 90s were a profoundly bad time for beer in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

the goonery posted:

r/relationships: Could you stop taking every weird one off story and generalizing it as something that everyone in a certain group does?