Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Guess the crowd (was there one originally?) left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

lurksion posted:

Guess the crowd (was there one originally?) left

that happens when you're like 6 hours over schedule

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Team Onyx (Mason, Jimmy, Bulba) are playing their first official match, and are losing to Team Freedom.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

did anyone watch the DC NP game last night where EE instantly diebacked and GG'd

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

there was an np dc game? what was this in?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

starladder possibly

edit: yeah starladder americas qualifiers game 2

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2936819899

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Looke posted:

did anyone watch the DC NP game last night where EE instantly diebacked and GG'd

Didn't he also accidentally bloodstone suicide at some point

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

a witch posted:

Team Onyx (Mason, Jimmy, Bulba) are playing their first official match, and are losing to Team Freedom.

ahahaha

isn't BSJ on that team too

Sups
Aug 8, 2007

Jimmy Eat World Hunger

botany posted:

ahahaha

isn't BSJ on that team too

no. Dudu and Abed. I mean they're NA clowns but not get professionally owned by CLQ clowny.

EDIT: NVM BSJ is on team freedom, i am dum

Sups fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 25, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
They won a game against team freedom which has BSJ God and ixmike god

They also lost a game lol

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Looke posted:

I think you are underselling how bad it was. He bought back, instantly used 90% of his manapool to Ball Lightning into a 1v3 in an attempt to gank a TB with Sunder up.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The sunder was honestly the best part

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Zurreco posted:

I think you are underselling how bad it was. He bought back, instantly used 90% of his manapool to Ball Lightning into a 1v3 in an attempt to gank a TB with Sunder up.

Was it like an Arteezy TI4-style "game-is-over-so-what-the-hell-I'll-buy-midas-on-Alch" play or did they actually have a chance and he destroyed it? Because I could see doing that if you already decided you were calling gg.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Buys back
Ball lightnings into 3 of DC inc a very low Tb, uses all his mana
Tries to kill Tb
Get sundered and killed
GG

Edit: the game was pretty much over at this point ^

Looke fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jan 25, 2017

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

mikeraskol posted:

Was it like an Arteezy TI4-style "game-is-over-so-what-the-hell-I'll-buy-midas-on-Alch" play or did they actually have a chance and he destroyed it? Because I could see doing that if you already decided you were calling gg.

i'm sure envy takes things too seriously to ever do anything like that

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Looks like NiP picked up the ex-Eacape squad https://nip.gl/news/2017/announcement-the-return-to-dota-2

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
That roster would have been a lot more exciting like 3 years ago

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Core Jakiro for Ad Finem is pretty fun.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

mikeraskol posted:

NP was behind but the game wasn't conpletely out of hand.

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013
Can't really blame EE for going for that play, it was a desperate situation (next push would most likely have been the nail in the coffin) and both the sunder and manta just went off cooldown after he bought back.

Don't get me wrong, I laughed out loud when it happened but they didn't lose the game there. Like 90% of the EE stuff people complain about in this thread are risky hail mary plays that turn out hilariously awful but don't affect their win % that much.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Ad Finem vs. Liquid for starladder qualifiers

https://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Americas qualifier action:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Cool a new doto event

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh nice their tower defense maps are always way more fun than their 'beat on a HP pinata endlessly' events.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Pureauthor posted:

Oh nice their tower defense maps are always way more fun than their 'beat on a HP pinata endlessly' events.

well, the end of the defense map is beat hp pinata endlessly

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
C9 vs. Ad Finem

https://www.twitch.tv/dotastarladder_en

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

How have AF been since the major? I didn't expect them to get swept by C9.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Zurreco posted:

How have AF been since the major? I didn't expect them to get swept by C9.

They've been... not good. Definitely looks like they haven't played the game since the major.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Kibner posted:

They've been... not good. Definitely looks like they haven't played the game since the major.

Not sure how you can tell they're not good, they've only played three series since the major? Beat Horde 2-0, split against Liquid, and just lost against C9 0-2

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Crell posted:

Not sure how you can tell they're not good, they've only played three series since the major? Beat Horde 2-0, split against Liquid, and just lost against C9 0-2

Compared to where they were at the Major, they have looked poor. He also asked how they have been since the Major and splitting with Liquid and going 0-2 vs C9 is the definition of "not good". This isn't to say they aren't going to be better. As I said in my post, they looked like they haven't played in a long time. I imagine as they get back to playing more, they will start to look better.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
game crashes when i click on the compendium tab, halp

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

dont click on the compendium tab

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
this fixed my problem, upvoted

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
new game mode is cool even if the hero designs are kinda halfassed, but it would be cooler if they didnt break popular custom games seemingly at random for no reason

idk why cosmetics and a gimmick map should make it impossible to add abilities to towers

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

whoever decided it was time to let nahaz cast again: please die

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How many teams have at least vaguely Muslim looking or sounding people and how bad is the visa situation going to be this TI?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

How many teams have at least vaguely Muslim looking or sounding people and how bad is the visa situation going to be this TI?

Just W33 on DC and Kuro on TeamLiquid afaik.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
SUMAIL??

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Perhaps you should read the actual thing. Pakistan isn't on the list of dangerous countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
HIS NAME IS hassan what more do i have to say?

• Locked thread