Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

It's good that he provides daily updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

I like how the GI brings his gun up at the end, "Ya want some more, Fritz?"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
http://youtu.be/yaEsvO0vyyg

Still delicious, two years later. So many brand new jerseys thrown away after these videos concluded.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
For non-football people, a huge part of the schadenfreude there is because of the circumstances.

The Seahawks had the ball very very close to the goal line, and this is at the very end of the game where if they score its all but over. Traditionally, a team in this situation would not risk throwing the ball, because if the other team intercepts the pass its a huge disaster. If they had simply run the ball, they may have scored easily. Even if the runner had failed to get into the endzone, there would have been time for another attempt.

Instead, they threw one of the riskier passes in the entire playbook, a quick pass to the middle of the field where any rear end in a top hat might tip it up into the air or step in front of it. Pure schadenfreude because they absolutely deserved what they got.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
And it's worth mentioning that they had probably the best running back in the league at the time, making it doubly stupid.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I like this spin on it:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Field Mousepad posted:

And it's worth mentioning that they had probably the best running back in the league at the time, making it doubly stupid.

What I love is that if they'd done that mid game, and the game losing play was a solid choice that didn't pan out people wouldn't make such a big deal about it. That wasn't the game losing play, it was all the plays before that.

But of course your average fan can't get over it, and that single play is what blew the entire game.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Outrail posted:

What I love is that if they'd done that mid game, and the game losing play was a solid choice that didn't pan out people wouldn't make such a big deal about it. That wasn't the game losing play, it was all the plays before that.

But of course your average fan can't get over it, and that single play is what blew the entire game.

Context matters though. If they'd done that mid-game, it'd be more understandable because at that point you can make risky plays and recover from them if they fail. There comes a time in a game when there's no chance for any recovery, its now or never. When you're in that situation there are many, many plays that are consistently safer than what they did, and it was moronic.

Any minute now someone will be complaining about a football derail so I'll leave it at that.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I honestly don't expect casual fans to look at a game that broadly. And Seattle had a TON of casual bandwagon fans when they started getting good again.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Field Mousepad posted:

I honestly don't expect casual fans to look at a game that broadly. And Seattle had a TON of casual bandwagon fans when they started getting good again.

I've never understood this. Should people like and follow the team if they are terrible? I live in Cleveland. Why should I give the browns any money? If they are bad they are not doing their job to provide quality sports entertainment. Do you go see bad movies? Do you buy bad video games?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

In Carroll's defense, Marshawn had been pretty terrible at scoring from the 1-yard line, and passes from the 1-yard line almost never get picked off. Plus the Pats would have been expecting the run. It was a mix of an iffy playcall and a really phenomenal clutch play from Butler.

Still, it was a hilarious mistake.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

hanales posted:

I've never understood this. Should people like and follow the team if they are terrible? I live in Cleveland. Why should I give the browns any money? If they are bad they are not doing their job to provide quality sports entertainment. Do you go see bad movies? Do you buy bad video games?

Just because a team isn't winning doesn't mean they aren't playing interesting games. I find Patriots games to be pretty boring, because they outclass their opponents a lot of times and it doesn't make for good TV. But with teams like the Bears, who are my team, every game is a tooth-and-nail scrape to pull off a win. Plus you get invested in the players, the news, the fanbase, etc.

Sports fandom is hard to explain to people that don't feel it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

hanales posted:

For a lot of people, loyalty to a sports team is something they're born into, so it becomes like a family member. hosed up, but true.

But if you do get invested in a team, and follow them through think and thin, the feeling you get when they finally win a championship is pretty amazing. Jumping on the bandwagon just because the team is good that particular year doesn't give you the same satisfaction if they win.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hanales posted:

beep bop

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

hanales posted:

Filthy casual

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Not many dumber places to be a vocal Nazi than on the CTA.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

Filthy casual

Plastic fans

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Field Mousepad posted:

And Seattle had a TON of casual bandwagon fans when they started getting good again.

Literally every good team in any sport ever

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The skinhead screamed abuse at the old guy for 15 minutes until he got sick of it and beat the poo poo out of him and kicked him off the train, leaving him lying on the platform in a puddle of his own piss.
http://nypost.com/video/man-opens-can-of-whoop-rear end-after-being-called-the-n-word/

This one was a KKK march in Anaheim. :nms: for puddles of blood splashed all over the pavement I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AylKVWon2wQ

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Chichevache posted:

Literally every good team in any sport ever

Come on man, you post in tff. You know drat well everyone and their mom and half the internet jumped on the Seattle bandwagon.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Make brutalizing neo-nazis the hot trend of 2017

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The skinhead screamed abuse at the old guy for 15 minutes until he got sick of it and beat the poo poo out of him and kicked him off the train, leaving him lying on the platform in a puddle of his own piss.
http://nypost.com/video/man-opens-can-of-whoop-rear end-after-being-called-the-n-word/

This one was a KKK march in Anaheim. :nms: for puddles of blood splashed all over the pavement I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AylKVWon2wQ

This picture came from it and is one of my favorites

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Boywhiz88 posted:

This picture came from it and is one of my favorites

This is my favorite from that event because it's such a great metaphor

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

Make brutalizing neo-nazis the hot trend of 2017

I would love this. Bringing back physical criticism.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Not many dumber places to be a vocal Nazi than on the CTA.

I love Chicago. We breed a hardass left wing mentality that isn't afraid to put the boots to someone.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hanales posted:

Do you go see bad movies? Do you buy bad video games?

All the goddamned time.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Trumpenfreude

https://twitter.com/DanaSchwartzzz/status/825030464037593091

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

The pro-est of clicks. That's some good schadenfreude. Excellent :golfclap:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

This poor lady is already getting tons of Twitter harrassment for this, despite posting GIFs and reference images from both herself and other users proving that it occurred.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Ew6K0W3RY

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Low Desert Punk posted:

This poor lady is already getting tons of Twitter harrassment for this, despite posting GIFs and reference images from both herself and other users proving that it occurred.

As a woman with a verified account it's probably not much more than she usually gets.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Here is a good one.
https://twitter.com/keeltyc/status/825052486474018817

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

With a President like this, how can you not attempt to build a time machine in order to read future American History textbooks, if indeed history books and written language still exist more than four years from now??

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
There's probably a really hilarious list of things that U.S. Presidents have done for their personal vanity. Its probably a decent book idea actually.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM.... I'm actually NOT bothered by this avatar
The hand Photoshop is most likely fake guys

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.fa4f4be3b7d1

I really wanted it to be true too, but don't spread fake news on either side of the aisle. I'm sure he'll do something just as ridiculous in the next 24 hours anyway

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Fake news?

More like “alternative facts”.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Sagebrush posted:

I really wanted it to be true too, but don't spread fake news on either side of the aisle. I'm sure he'll do something just as ridiculous in the next 24 hours anyway

aww, it was just ridiculous enough to be true. Oh well.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Hometown hero: Victoria Man stabs his own leg while slashing the tires of a close-parker.

http://victoriabuzz.com/2017/01/parking-lot-frustration-leads-man-accidentally-stabbing/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Avenging_Mikon posted:

aww, it was just ridiculous enough to be true. Oh well.

what a really stupid thing to say.