Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Must have missed that one. Down to 10 I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've got 400+ splinters. Gimme some guidance:

Could get Angela, Blade, Cyclops, Emma, Goblin, Iceman, Iron Fist, Kitty Pryde, Magik, Magneto, War Machine.

I eliminated some other eligible ones because I didn't want speed/energy, strength/durability, or speed/fighting competing for gear with my other guys and stuff. I hate pet classes, enjoy classes that have neat builds that have powers that interact back and forth with each other, and I have no real preferences about ranged vs. melee vs. hybrid.

cyclops if you want to keep leveling dudes, his lv50 synergy is 10% exp. Also people find him fun to play.I did not however.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
How much is a lizard formula now a days?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Wow, this game no longer runs like rear end on my computer. Awesome. I have no idea how any of the characters I 60'd a year ago play now, though. Any tips for punisher/winter soldier/star lord?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Wow, this game no longer runs like rear end on my computer. Awesome. I have no idea how any of the characters I 60'd a year ago play now, though. Any tips for punisher/winter soldier/star lord?
I played a bunch of Star-Lord and am having more trouble finding a bad build for him, than I did finding 3 good builds for him: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806314&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post468744002

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
I suppose its a testament to the game that I absolutely loathe pretty much every design decision they've made lately and yet here I am reinstalling the game for a third time this week.

What are some good Ranged characters at the moment? Maybe they'll have it easier then my Hulk does.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If you have Iron Man, definitely try out missile build. Fire all the missiles.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've got 400+ splinters. Gimme some guidance:

Could get Angela, Blade, Cyclops, Emma, Goblin, Iceman, Iron Fist, Kitty Pryde, Magik, Magneto, War Machine.

I eliminated some other eligible ones because I didn't want speed/energy, strength/durability, or speed/fighting competing for gear with my other guys and stuff. I hate pet classes, enjoy classes that have neat builds that have powers that interact back and forth with each other, and I have no real preferences about ranged vs. melee vs. hybrid.

War Machine or Iron Fist. Maybe goblin too.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

malhavok posted:

This is going to end GoKs as currency.

Cosmic GoK

Gimme the CoK

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

From GoKs to Glocks

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

MMAgCh posted:

Gaz.

Gaz that's not what people are talking about when they say they want new content.

Incoming goon designed Stiltman raid?
edit: I probably didn't read that right but no worries I just log into the thread once a day to collect my free omega boxes.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I suppose its a testament to the game that I absolutely loathe pretty much every design decision they've made lately and yet here I am reinstalling the game for a third time this week.

What are some good Ranged characters at the moment? Maybe they'll have it easier then my Hulk does.
It's Star-Lord.

Also Cooldown-based Rogue is still good.

Seconding Iron Man, but for lasers instead of Missiles.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I played a bunch of Star-Lord and am having more trouble finding a bad build for him, than I did finding 3 good builds for him: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806314&pagenumber=17&perpage=40#post468744002
Air + Elemental Barrage is hilarious in Patrol Zones. Just waggle your mouse in the direction of some big group of enemies and they all melt.

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

I've got a little bit of chapter 10 left, and I just hit 60 as wolverine. Any advice as to what I should be doing besides picking another character to level at this point? I'm doing the AIM poo poo as I find them, but I'm really not sure what to do as far as gear progression if that even exists.

I played this game a couple times, but never enough to even get through the story, and I'm trying real hard to not just put it down after I finish the story. I will say overall I think this is a step in the right direction. The combat feels a little less ridiculous, but at the same time I can't even do red level poo poo because I'm bad, undergeared, or wolverine just sucks. I'm probably just bad.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Crono S. Magnum posted:

making GBS threads AOEs everywhere as Loki with a few illusions tanking or staff blasting targets has been hilariously dumb and effective so far.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Iakona posted:

I've got a little bit of chapter 10 left, and I just hit 60 as wolverine. Any advice as to what I should be doing besides picking another character to level at this point? I'm doing the AIM poo poo as I find them, but I'm really not sure what to do as far as gear progression if that even exists.

I played this game a couple times, but never enough to even get through the story, and I'm trying real hard to not just put it down after I finish the story. I will say overall I think this is a step in the right direction. The combat feels a little less ridiculous, but at the same time I can't even do red level poo poo because I'm bad, undergeared, or wolverine just sucks. I'm probably just bad.
If you want to play more Wolverine, smash yourself into the cosmic trial until you pass it (it feels much easier now, or I might just be getting lucky). Then soak up uniques in Cosmic Hightown until you feel you have beaten Wolverine.

Gear progression right now is "get all level 60s" basically. There are recipes to upgrade the item level of the gear, but it's meant to take literal weeks and will probably only benefit current uniques, not the Omega items (release TBD) yet to come.

The ultimate truth of Marvel Heroes, as in all video games and things is ever thus: Do whatever, because it might not matter tomorrow. Stand boldly astride the meaninglessness of life and shout gently caress IT I'M LISTENING TO PODCASTS WHILE I MAKE SOMEONE'S NAME A DIFFERENT COLOR.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

The Dazzler omega node might be gone but Jubilee looks to be pretty fabulous

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KomoriMan posted:

So I got word from @TheArtofRawr stating that it's very unlikely the charges/windup won't be unlimited in hubs. It would instill bad habits for players and they want to keep consistency in all zones.
Yeah, I think they're genuinely starting to lose me.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

MMAgCh posted:

Yeah, I think they're genuinely starting to lose me.

Maybe you just need to spend more time in treasure chest rooms being challenged by trash.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Can only fight every second cmm fight anyway with all this crap loot

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

All the cool kids hang out in Hammer Bay because it's only two dashes across in the first place.

Youtube suggested a TonyBing video to me wherein he talked about one-shotting Cosmic Mandarin with his Blade build - sounds like the removal of 17 point talents has really stepped up his game!
he 100% meant finishing it without dying to the boss

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Hell Yea I oneshot everything! :downsgun:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Gear progression right now is "get all level 60s" basically. There are recipes to upgrade the item level of the gear, but it's meant to take literal weeks and will probably only benefit current uniques, not the Omega items (release TBD) yet to come.

It works on Cosmics too, it's just that nobody does this because why would they when good uniques are abound. Since it's designed for the rando-affix style items already, it'll probably wind up working on Omegas too. This won't make it any easier for a guy who just finished story to get the recipes, but it means if he does work towards it it probably won't go to waste in six years when they implement their new system.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
that topic about Squirrel Girl's stats got banished to the shadow realm

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Hell Yea I oneshot everything! :downsgun:

One shot of an ult should get rid of at least 50% of the bosses health, and now you can get -ult cooldown too!

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Somebody please tell me how to Green Goblin. For some reason I like this green nerd but I don't know what I'm doing send help.

And while typing this my game corrupted somehow so it's time to reinstall.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

personally I go with guns, rockets, lasers, and nitrous huffing

almost everything is movement tagged so you can abuse the hell out of midtown signet, meaning you don't have to gear a single bit of CR and can instead go with tons of BR for all those sweet red numbers
the only skill that won't have 100% crit is your gas bomb, but that's ok since it's weak and is just there for the vuln

medallion is doom, power duration makes nitrous boost last longer which is nice

also this builds shooting n' moving mechanic plays really well with a controller if that's your thing

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Wait, in this patch did they actually consolidate all non sig powers to work with power duration or is that still random as gently caress?

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

If you want to play more Wolverine, smash yourself into the cosmic trial until you pass it (it feels much easier now, or I might just be getting lucky).

The cosmic trial was easier and then they buffed in in the most recent patch because I guess it was too easy.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Grinning Goblin posted:

Wait, in this patch did they actually consolidate all non sig powers to work with power duration or is that still random as gently caress?

I assume it's still the same as usual, nitrous boost always worked with power duration. Some non-sig skills still don't work with power duration, such as jugg's Scion of Cyttorak (but the tooltip does state power duration does not affect it)

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
I have no idea what y'all are talking about like 90% of the time, but can I get invited to the goon guild? My account name is Blarrrrrgh (5 r in a row).

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Fair warning, Nefarious Mask of Doom can't be blessed or have its blessing transferred right now.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Fair warning, Nefarious Mask of Doom can't be blessed or have its blessing transferred right now.

How nefarious.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

almost everything is movement tagged so you can abuse the hell out of midtown signet, meaning you don't have to gear a single bit of CR and can instead go with tons of BR for all those sweet red numbers
the only skill that won't have 100% crit is your gas bomb, but that's ok since it's weak and is just there for the vuln

also this builds shooting n' moving mechanic plays really well with a controller if that's your thing

what are items I can use to abuse movement build on spiderman?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

well, the big thing with that Gobbo build is that Goblin Gunner is movement tagged and fired 5/sec, so midtown signet is on for pretty much every attack and cooldown layer. Spidey doesn't really have something similar.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Jubilee on test center, she sparkles.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Mmm, look at that health bar jump. Just need to get like two of those in a row.

http://i.imgur.com/n9LDcgQ.gifv

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Brutal shades and doom saw are good now?

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Drythe posted:

what are items I can use to abuse movement build on spiderman?

Mover posted:

well, the big thing with that Gobbo build is that Goblin Gunner is movement tagged and fired 5/sec, so midtown signet is on for pretty much every attack and cooldown layer. Spidey doesn't really have something similar.

right, it's also a channel skill and all channel skills snapshot relevant stats upon activation which remain unchanged until you stop channeling

MM sig proc is only 30% so you need movement skills that can get lots of hits per activation, like channel skills, large aoes, or dot powers (dots will basically keep MM sig on by themselves.) Gobby has all that so basically after your first couple shots you are in 100% crit mode until everything is dead.

I'm not sure what spiderman has, but if it's just small aoe crashdowns and dash attacks it won't be easy to manage the MM procs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Gibbering Madness posted:

Brutal shades and doom saw are good now?

for totally cool dudes, hell yeah

clean the streets in style

e: peep that legendary too my man

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jan 28, 2017