Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Did Yokai Watch actually beat Pokemon to the punch there? drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Pokemon must be more popular in the US now. The Yokai Watch stuff I see at work rarely sell from the look of things.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rirse posted:

Pokemon must be more popular in the US now. The Yokai Watch stuff I see at work rarely sell from the look of things.

Yokai Watch never took off in the US, Pokemon has basically eternally dominated monster trainer stuff here aside from Tomagachi's brief reign.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
We're getting to the point where Pokemon apparently took a design idea from Yokai Watch (the Rotom dex) for its new series. He was fine in the game, but it's actively making the anime worse which is sad.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
poo poo I just realized something

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
rofl at the idea that tien could keep up with a super sayain. he's MAYBE at like 2nd form freeza at best.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Momomo posted:

We're getting to the point where Pokemon apparently took a design idea from Yokai Watch (the Rotom dex) for its new series. He was fine in the game, but it's actively making the anime worse which is sad.

It doesn't do anything but get picked on by the fat science kid.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Ammat The Ankh posted:

poo poo I just realized something

Nice spot, but you couldn't have found a better comparison of the characters?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's just an homage, they're not trying to make Joker and Harley so you don't really need to compare.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
Add the fact that their Supreme Kai is sporting Robin colors and what may or may not be his Kibito equivalent is a shadowy figure and it seems both blatant and intentional.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rirse posted:

Secret truth is this is the 'Future' Trunks from Xenoverse.

Xeno Trunks outright states otherwise though. In fact, he's really, really angry at Time Kai for saying they're the same.

He goes on a gigantic rant about how he isn't GT Trunks and it's hilarious. Dude really hates his other timeline self.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blaze Dragon posted:

Xeno Trunks outright states otherwise though. In fact, he's really, really angry at Time Kai for saying they're the same.

He goes on a gigantic rant about how he isn't GT Trunks and it's hilarious. Dude really hates his other timeline self.

Finally, a point on which I can feel empathy for Time Patrol Trunks.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Why didn't he use it on the androids if it was so great? When 18 was beating Vegeta's rear end he really could have spoke up. Kind of a dick move, Tien.

I'm pretty sure Tien enjoyed seeing Vegeta beaten to a pulp.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dragonball Super confirmed until 2020!

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Rutibex posted:

Dragonball Super confirmed until 2020!

But can we really suffer through another 3 years which such a bad dad at the helm?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mogomra posted:

But can we really suffer through another 3 years which such a bad dad at the helm?

At least he isn't trying to gently caress his daughter.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like that's a reference to something I'd rather not know about.

Unless it's a round about reference to how all of the Buus are produced through some hosed up incest

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

I feel like that's a reference to something I'd rather not know about.

Unless it's a round about reference to how all of the Buus are produced through some hosed up incest

:sad:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Adder Moray posted:

Add the fact that their Supreme Kai is sporting Robin colors and what may or may not be his Kibito equivalent is a shadowy figure and it seems both blatant and intentional.

I hope they brought a Superman type dude to fight Goku

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kelp Plankton posted:

You just got my hopes up. Please, Toei.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Don't be silly, its a 10 man team. It will be the entire Justice League.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Isn't there already an overt Superman parody in the DBZverse by way of Dr. Slump?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

WrathOfBlade posted:

Isn't there already an overt Superman parody in the DBZverse by way of Dr. Slump?

Yeah but they can always do another less jokey one if they feel like it

Doesn't have to be a parody to be inspired by superhero stuff

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I only want that if the match ends in an offscreen draw.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Goku is far more powerful than "superman" these days

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Goku is far more powerful than "superman" these days

Superman was able to punch dimensions so hard they broke ages ago!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Anyone know if Supes is STILL that strong, though? Been a while since I've paid any attention to western comics besides the MCU.

Goku could certainly trash Snyderverse Supes, at the very least.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

ImpAtom posted:

Superman was able to punch dimensions so hard they broke ages ago!

:shrug: America Chavez does that in a way more interesting way, so it's kind of a poor indicator of Superman's worthiness.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

:shrug: America Chavez does that in a way more interesting way, so it's kind of a poor indicator of Superman's worthiness.

not talking about worthiness, talking about stronkness

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Anyone know if Supes is STILL that strong, though? Been a while since I've paid any attention to western comics besides the MCU.

It depends because, like Goku, Superman's power fluctuates based on the story and also if he decides to go Super Saiyan.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

Even top tier Superman got owned by The Antimonitor, which puts him below Goku in terms of raw power. Superman has never been able to destroy the entire universe.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Burkion posted:

Okay, let's be real here. The Neo TriBeam would kill Future Gohan.

The only reason it likely wouldn't kill Imperfect Cell is because the dude has crazy regen and the insane Freezer biology.

Like, yeah, Tien normally cannot punch that high above his level- but the Neo Tri Beam kicked the poo poo out of Semi-Perfect Cell, kept him from being unable to do anything in return. In fact, we know it was powerful because he let Cell fly up towards him before putting him right the gently caress back down again. It couldn't kill the fucker, but it basically would have wasted anything less powerful than him.

Anything less powerful than him includes all of the Androids and a good number of the rest of the cast. And Piccolo, for that matter. For comparison on how effective it was, Piccolo couldn't do poo poo to Imperfect Cell after his gorging, and 18 and 16 were powerless against SemiPerfect Cell.

Give credit where it's due, Tien knows how to suicide attack.

The neo tri beam explicitly didn't hurt Cell at all, just slowed him down. In gamer terms, Tien could make him lose a turn but always did zero damage

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
After reading all of the Z part of Dragon Ball again, I can definitively say that Gotenks vs Super Buu is the best fight, with Goku and friends vs Vegeta in a close second, while Satan befriending Buu is the best series of chapters overall

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Looper posted:

The neo tri beam explicitly didn't hurt Cell at all, just slowed him down. In gamer terms, Tien could make him lose a turn but always did zero damage

The opposite actually. The manga version makes it clear Cell is getting hurt by it, he's just regen-tanking it. You can see him look roughed up as he's charging through.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
why isn't arale fighting in the universal tournament

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestonJew posted:

why isn't arale fighting in the universal tournament

Someone needs to keep an eye on Monaka, in case he goes rogue.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Gag characters are OP and banned from official tournaments.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Petiso posted:

Gag characters are OP and banned from official tournaments.

weird hurtboxes

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rutibex posted:

Even top tier Superman got owned by The Antimonitor, which puts him below Goku in terms of raw power. Superman has never been able to destroy the entire universe.

And yet Goku apparently can't survive being near magma, while Supes swims through the planet's mantle for fun.

As much as people like to argue about this, the fact is there's no real way to compare the two. They operate in different universes with different rules which change all the time.

And anyway the Flash would clown them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TrilliontonNixon posted:

And anyway the Flash would clown them both.

:eng101:
Goku is faster than time

• Locked thread