Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

jivjov posted:

Confirm.

Whaaaat? Naw way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Way. He was the star of the show basically. They might as well have called it Chopper Won instead.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Why do you people even have to ASK?! You should have already seen it!

Hera is mentioned and the Ghost shows up too, and manages to escape Scarif intact - although it's not got a shuttle docked, so even got kersploded or is on another mission at the time of the movie

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

In case you missed Chopper in Rogue One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7AuVg8OL3A&t=73s

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
That can't be the real Chopper, he doesn't murder anything in the entire film!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Angry Lobster posted:

That can't be the real Chopper, he doesn't murder anything in the entire film!

That you know of.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Chopper in Rogue One is quickly becoming the Rick and Morty courtroom scene in that thread.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I acquit chopper

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mon Mothma is all "drat look at that awesome droid"
And Chopper is trying to look cool when he knows he's getting checked out.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The nostalgia goggles are quite strong with Kyle Katarn. Like I dig the dude, but how the heck do you square his many different personalities?

Probably the most fruitful is all the background with him being a former imperial agent, Jan Ors as a rebel spy, and him peacing out of the academy. But the show has told similar stories.

Gruff mercenary dude is fun, but I don't know if we need another one. Certainly would be better than Dash Rendar, though.

And the whole "ex-jedi who swears off force powers but not really" is basically Kanan's whole schtick.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You don't need to. All that stuff came out over the course of like 20 years of universe.

Killing off some of that stuff is easy... we'll probably never see most of it anyway.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

You realize if they give us kyle there is like a 80% chance of a love triangle plot there. (Especially since hera's VA was Jan Ors)

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
One of the Jans. :colbert:

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Characters named Jan Ors and Jyn Erso both being involved in stories concerning stolen Death Star plans cannot be coincidental, surely.

If Kyle Katarn is reintroduced, I hope the Moldy Crow comes along for the ride. I love that ship.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Narcissus1916 posted:

The nostalgia goggles are quite strong with Kyle Katarn. Like I dig the dude, but how the heck do you square his many different personalities?

Probably the most fruitful is all the background with him being a former imperial agent, Jan Ors as a rebel spy, and him peacing out of the academy. But the show has told similar stories.

Gruff mercenary dude is fun, but I don't know if we need another one. Certainly would be better than Dash Rendar, though.

And the whole "ex-jedi who swears off force powers but not really" is basically Kanan's whole schtick.

I really, really, really don't get the love of Kyle, Dash, and, for that matter, Revan and Kreia. A lot of this likely has to do with the fact that I never played any of their video games. I just don't get why vg orginial characters are always so beloved by fans.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

Covok posted:

I really, really, really don't get the love of Kyle, Dash, and, for that matter, Revan and Kreia. A lot of this likely has to do with the fact that I never played any of their video games. I just don't get why vg orginial characters are always so beloved by fans.
I suppose there's a lot of people who won't get the love for Chopper if they never saw the cartoons either.

For me, the EU is really how I got introduced into Star Wars as a whole, and Dark Forces was one of the first SW games I played, so that's where my interest in him comes from. But also specifically because, I think, he has a nice story arc from mercenary to Jedi Master. I really like how he transitioned from game to game.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

It really helped that Dark Forces II had live-action cutscenes, which made Kyle Katarn the first "legit" EU character.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

They should just bring all the bootleg Han Solos together at once in an episode.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Woebin posted:

They should just bring all the bootleg Han Solos together at once in an episode.

Yeah they should also die on some kind of mission, but the real Han Solo opts out because the rebels don't pay enough so he an chewie walk off while Kyle Katarn, Dash Randar and others get a moment of glory before dying.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Honestly, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker should not in any way appear in Rebels, and at the very least not before we reach a season set post-ANH. They just don't belong.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

NTRabbit posted:

Honestly, Han Solo and Luke Skywalker should not in any way appear in Rebels, and at the very least not before we reach a season set post-ANH. They just don't belong.

I could see Han, we got Londo and Princess Leia. A roaming scoundrel and smugglers fits Rebels just fine. Luke would be harder to justify. "Teenager fresh off the farm" being his central character trait. But they did mention "a planet with two suns" in Ezra's vision with Maul. They might just try to shoe horn a Tatooine visit in this season.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

I could see Han, we got Londo and Princess Leia. A roaming scoundrel and smugglers fits Rebels just fine. Luke would be harder to justify. "Teenager fresh off the farm" being his central character trait. But they did mention "a planet with two suns" in Ezra's vision with Maul. They might just try to shoe horn a Tatooine visit in this season.

That's to do with seeing Obi-Wan, not for seeing Luke.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

mehall posted:

That's to do with seeing Obi-Wan, not for seeing Luke.

Yeah, but given that Obi-Wan is ostensibly keeping watch over Luke, he could potentially cameo. I think one of the previous Legends depictions of Obi-Wan and Maul meeting had Owen and Luke briefly appear.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

One thing I'd like to see more of on this show is different planet types.

So far, every planet has had Earth-like gravity and breathable atmosphere. The only thing that distinguishes them have been geographical features and flora/fauna.

It would be cool if they had missions in some low-gravity planets for instance, or on ones that are so hot/cold/hostile that they need exo-suits.

I mean yeah, in an age where hyperspace travel is an everyday occurrence, gravity should probably be a non-issue, but it would be interesting if they went into some of the more sci-fi elements of the SW setting and explored what happens if, for instance, you shut off the artificial gravity generator for a settlement on a planet with 1/10th the gravity of Earth.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I agree, a John Carter of Mars episode would be awesome

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

They have visited a number of gas giants at least I am sure.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

jivjov posted:

Yeah, but given that Obi-Wan is ostensibly keeping watch over Luke, he could potentially cameo.

In the background of a shop you see a young man "Crap, I forgot to bring enough money for power converters, and I'm all the way to Toshi station!"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Medullah posted:

In the background of a shop you see a young man "Crap, I forgot to bring enough money for power converters, and I'm all the way to Toshi station!"

Heck, just have something take place at Anchorhead and see a blond kid in a white tunic wander by. Simple as that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

jivjov posted:

Heck, just have something take place at Anchorhead and see a blond kid in a white tunic wander by. Simple as that.

Get more meta, Dewback gets in his way and he screams "Why are these Dewbacks here? Who thought it would be a good idea to bring Dewbacks here?"

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Is there no new episode today

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ups_rail posted:

Is there no new episode today

Today isn't February 18th. :(

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

if im ever emperorpresident my first executive order will be to ban these stupid mid-season breaks for all shows ever

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I'm holding out the tiniest of hopes that they did this in order to fully capitalize on The Last Jedi hype leading up to and continuing from a surprise teaser reveal at or around the time of the Super Bowl.

Because otherwise, yeah, this blows.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kids don't care about breaks like this anyway, they just rewatch the same stupid episodes over and over again until the season resumes.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Kyle Katarn and Kanan will fight an Ezra who has fallen to the Dark Side in the Season 3 finale.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Medullah posted:

"Wow Uncle Owen, I sure am tired of all these star wars."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
"We applied the cortical electrodes, but were unable to get a neural reaction from my uncle or aunt Dr. Spock!"

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Burning_Monk posted:

"Wow Uncle Owen, I sure am tired of all these star wars."

Luke makes brief cameo as a brat annoying Chopper, who murders Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru during Episode IV in response. Also the Jawas too; Obi-Wan makes up the obvious crap about "accurate" storm troopers because he's scared shitless of the little death droid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I don't want Luke in rebels at all, it would be on the same tier as the cantina thugs appearing in Rogue One, a cameo too far.

• Locked thread