Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
way to rain on the parade of an entrepreneur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Chemists need work too.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Chemists need work too.

I assume he was lovely at it anyhow because why else would he try to become the day manager of a low end hotel chain. Maybe he'll learn some better trade secrets on the inside

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Way to drive up the price of meth. :thumbsup:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Booblord Zagats posted:

I assume he was lovely at it anyhow because why else would he try to become the day manager of a low end hotel chain. Maybe he'll learn some better trade secrets on the inside

Probably a really good place to meet clients without being out in the open. Lots of transient traffic.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Good work story:

Doing a background check on a potential hire for a hotel franchise owner we are contracted with, I found the dude's unsecured dropbox, tons of pictures of him cooking meth and some instructional pdfs on how to do it, possibly written by the guy, not sure. I tipped off the local sheriff after I delivered the report

Red P or one-step?

Booblord Zagats posted:

He can let his buds cook in the unoccupied rooms at a discount? Very entrepreneurial.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Booblord Zagats posted:

Good work story:

Doing a background check on a potential hire for a hotel franchise owner we are contracted with, I found the dude's unsecured dropbox, tons of pictures of him cooking meth and some instructional pdfs on how to do it, possibly written by the guy, not sure. I tipped off the local sheriff after I delivered the report

Snitches get stitches.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

joat mon posted:

He can let his buds cook in the unoccupied rooms at a discount? Very entrepreneurial.

Got a cousin that blew up a hotel room making meth. He was blown out the second floor window in only his underwear. Just one of the many charges that got him a long prison stint.

He also blew up a car by leaving his meth rig in the car on a hot day with a bunch of those soda bottle rigs in the trunk. Made a grand fireball out my grandparents Grand Marquis.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
/\ /\ /\ /\
Got a guy doing life for that. He and his buddy were cooking, but he was holding the bottle when the Li melted through the plastic. His buddy died, but thankfully nobody else in their apartment block that burned did.

TBeats posted:

Snitches get stitches.

Snitches don't get fixes.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 27, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Booblord Zagats posted:

health insurance aint cheap

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Got a cousin that blew up a hotel room making meth. He was blown out the second floor window in only his underwear. Just one of the many charges that got him a long prison stint.

He also blew up a car by leaving his meth rig in the car on a hot day with a bunch of those soda bottle rigs in the trunk. Made a grand fireball out my grandparents Grand Marquis. I dunno, times was tough. I blame that sumbitch Dubya in the White House.

This reads like the opening lines to the sequel of Raising Arizona= the Nathan Arizona Story.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I didn't say I had the smartest family.

In fact, I'm fairly sure from the stories I've told here, we're in the running for Regionals for dumbest family, but we'd never place nationally because Florida and Texas have that covered.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
GiP is packed to the gills with delinquents I tells ya.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure the hiring manager is a real believer in background checks now

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Dumb relative stories?

My cousin robbed a string of Blockbusters with an assault rifle wearing no mask to try and get money to skip town after he beat the poo poo out of some woman who shorted him on a drug deal.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

Dumb relative stories?

My cousin robbed a string of Blockbusters with an assault rifle wearing no mask to try and get money to skip town after he beat the poo poo out of some woman who shorted him on a drug deal.

I feel like that's the plot of a movie starring Johnny Knoxville

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Booblord Zagats posted:

Good work story:

Digging your occupation.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pesticide20 posted:

I feel like that's the plot of a movie starring Johnny Knoxville

B-Plot of an episode of Justified right there

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Booblord Zagats posted:

B-Plot of an episode of Justified right there

Dewey Crow!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Chemists need work too.

Which is why they should do some good for the country and improve the LSD supply.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Re: cooking

http://twitter.com/foodnetwerk/status/188351893200846848?lang=en

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Haha that's so weird twitter

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Welp, just contacted the fire marshal over a code violation in my apartment the complex has known about for five months and done nothing to resolve. Wonder how long it will be until I come home to a note on my door to pry my own fuse panel open, so I can give that to the fire marshal.

One more month in this loving shithole. One. More. Month.

gently caress these people running this joint. If they moved a little old lady into an apartment and she couldn't open the fuse panel because they painted it shut (and I'm drat positive they have), she wouldn't stand a chance of getting it open if a fire started. Shithole complex management companies need to be fined out of existence if they can't meet fire code.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My landlords rule. Quarterly inspections twice a year, other than that I never see them.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Got a digital copy of:

Donnie Darko
Independence Day 1

Up for grabs

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 28, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Got a digital copy of:

Donnie Darko
Independence Day 1

Up for grabs

I wouldnt mind a digital of Donnie Darko.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TBeats posted:

My landlords rule. Quarterly inspections twice a year, other than that I never see them.

Isn't that biannual if it's twice a year?

Going to check out some places tomorrow. This place can burn to the ground after I leave at the end of next month.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
but it makes no fuckin' sense

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ that I'd love to see this place burn down? Well, I have my reasons. I'd hope all the infirm old ladies are out first though.

Kitten enjoying the new cat bed.

Frank, not getting the point of his new bed.

It's a good evening to order pizza and cuddle with the fur monsters.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

LingcodKilla posted:

I wouldnt mind a digital of Donnie Darko.

poo poo forgot it's not here but I'll send it soon

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

/\ that I'd love to see this place burn down? Well, I have my reasons. I'd hope all the infirm old ladies are out first though.

Kitten enjoying the new cat bed.

Frank, not getting the point of his new bed.

It's a good evening to order pizza and cuddle with the fur monsters.

Can I come too :kiddo:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's another cat in the recliner not pictured. He's older and crotchety but if you can tolerate that, the chair's open.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Isn't that biannual if it's twice a year?

Going to check out some places tomorrow. This place can burn to the ground after I leave at the end of next month.

Their policy is quarterly. They only show up twice a year.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

There's another cat in the recliner not pictured. He's older and crotchety but if you can tolerate that, the chair's open.

Cats find me most agreeable. It's why my house is a bed and breakfast for strays :/

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Hey Dad chatters, I'm looking for suggestions for simple and healthy lunch options for the work week.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Hey Dad chatters, I'm looking for suggestions for simple and healthy lunch options for the work week.

Do you have access to a microwave?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My lunch for the last three weeks has been fruits and vegetables with almonds and a granola bar.

Usually it has:
Spinach, strawberries, carrots, grapes, apple slices, raspberries.

I pack Tupperware every Sunday for the week and put it in the fridge. No cooking and no heating.

It's not bad tbh.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Munching on fiber bars throughout the day helps maximize your work pooping.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

bengy81 posted:

Do you have access to a microwave?

yeah

TBeats posted:

My lunch for the last three weeks has been fruits and vegetables with almonds and a granola bar.

Usually it has:
Spinach, strawberries, carrots, grapes, apple slices, raspberries.

I pack Tupperware every Sunday for the week and put it in the fridge. No cooking and no heating.

It's not bad tbh.

that sounds good. i got some almonds to snack on.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

chicken and rice is my go-to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

yeah

that sounds good. i got some almonds to snack on.

It's helped me lose 8 pounds since the new year.

• Locked thread