Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
There's a lot of positive buzz about Shenyang these days, you might want to look into it...hearing nothing but good things coming from the north...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
Hello China Thread!

I stopped posting here after leaving China because I kind of felt defeated by my experience. I moved back to Florida with my wife and daughter and opened a successful escape room business with a buddy from high school.

Things are good. Trump tho. Anyway China taught me to care about very little but my family and my money and both of those will do fine in the next few years. We are expanding to a second location that basically does IRL 5 Nights at Freddy's.

I hope all y'all doin good. Toast some Tsingtao for me (I call it 阴道) or Luoyanggong if you can get it.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Well I'm off to Hangzhou tomorrow morning. Not too many flights left but found a spring airlines special for 420 RMB. It's 6am in Shenzhen but I'm not complaining

Hope everyone have a good holiday

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Mrs. Warbird's papers finally got to the Feds and they've cashed the checks and sent us tracking numbers. We just bought a house and I'm sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

bad day posted:

Hello China Thread!

I stopped posting here after leaving China because I kind of felt defeated by my experience. I moved back to Florida with my wife and daughter and opened a successful escape room business with a buddy from high school.

Things are good. Trump tho. Anyway China taught me to care about very little but my family and my money and both of those will do fine in the next few years. We are expanding to a second location that basically does IRL 5 Nights at Freddy's.

I hope all y'all doin good. Toast some Tsingtao for me (I call it 阴道) or Luoyanggong if you can get it.

hey man i'll have you know that im the HNIC

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

bad day posted:

Hello China Thread!

I heard GBM likes escape rooms. He's been stuck on the same one for 7.5 years though

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

angel opportunity posted:

I heard GBM likes escape rooms. He's been stuck on the same one for 7.5 years though

lol

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

i wasn't stuck i just didn't bother trying to find a way out for the first six years or so, lol

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

The Great Autismo! posted:

i wasn't stuck i just didn't bother trying to find a way out for the first six years or so, lol

Well, keep trying you'll get it eventually.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Stringent posted:

Well, keep trying you'll get it eventually.

he already did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmR9aKQmJ38

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

nice music choice.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
I have 10% data left happy new year all.

I'm stuffed with food oh god so happy so good home cooking and my girlfriend's parents are not loving crazy or Japanese hating and now I'm having Belgian beer with my girlfriends dad but her mom is the best drinker.....

poo poo poo poo I'm getting fat gonna run circles around west lake tomorrow 200 aqi

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

calm ya self I'll be back in like three weeks

I'm in a mountain onsen hotel like three hours from our place and I haven't heard mandarin once and there are like 15 people here and it's quiet and bliss

I do not miss China in the slightest, happy Chinese new year dudes. Enjoy such amazing traditions as "request money" "watch tv with family while ignoring everyone and playing on your phone", "pollute the environment" and "eat a traditional food"

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

lmao instead of hongbaos there are loving "split bill requests" on wechat now

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Happy New Years nerds

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

happy Chinese new year dudes. Enjoy such amazing traditions as "request money" "watch tv with family while ignoring everyone and playing on your phone", "pollute the environment" and "eat a traditional food"

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

I took my in-laws to the Chinese market and they bought like 8 bags of sunflower seeds. They are making really special traditional dumpling something or others that are shaped differently and taste exactly like every other pork-filled dumpling in existence.

They woke up at 7am this morning to get the Chinese New Year gala thing streaming on the TV (they had to wake my wife up to do it), and they are now eating snakes and watching the super long/boring show in their pajamas.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

My friend hu jack on twitter:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

that's a good meal imo. eating lots of food is good and fun. enjoy your year of the cock, goons

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

https://twitter.com/powerpuffsama/status/824275870483357697

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.
i am fatter in spring festival

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

SB35 posted:

i am fatter in spring festival

I am fatter during the spring of cock.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

those people are probably very happy with trump's immigration policy.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

I took my in-laws to the Chinese market and they bought like 8 bags of sunflower seeds. They are making really special traditional dumpling something or others that are shaped differently and taste exactly like every other pork-filled dumpling in existence.

They woke up at 7am this morning to get the Chinese New Year gala thing streaming on the TV (they had to wake my wife up to do it), and they are now eating snakes and watching the super long/boring show in their pajamas.

How old are they? People just keep the tv on and don't really care, actually I think if people do watch the gala the usual hobby is to heckle at the tv. Or go online and bitch about the bad programming.

Man northern Chinese families are just messed up. Dumplings are tasty but please not every season or festivity.

But I don't think 香菜餃子 is similar as 酸菜餃子 unless they are badly made or you have bad Chinese food opinions

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Holy hell I am fatter in the spring festival. We also watched the entirety of that gala thing over the course of our hot pot. They're still downstairs watching the making of special or something.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

here we are

blackbox
Aug 7, 2006

blackbox posted:

Does anybody know if there's a requirement for how long your passport must be valid when entering China?

I'm a british and planning to spend a couple of weeks in china at the end of Jan 2017 for CNY. I have a 2 year multi-entry tourist visa that expires Feb 2018, but my passport expires mid March 2017.

Do you think this would cause a problem? I'd like to think that a valid passport and valid visa wouldn't cause a problem, but china... I've found mixed things on the internet, lots of places say you need 6 months passport validity, but the UK Gov says so long as the passport is valid it should be fine.

Alternately when I received my visa it came with a little piece of paper (which I promptly lost) that informed me if I renew my passport I can carry both old and new passports and continue to use the visa from the old one. Has anyone done this? Again I'd be worried about being refused on entry because the visa isn't in my new passport.

Quick update on this in case it helps anybody. I took a gamble and didn't have any problems entering with the almost expired passport. Almost everybody who had reason to see my passport reminded me it was nearly expired, EXCEPT the chinese immigration people!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Hey China goons question, how widespread is football in China? (proper football, that you play with your feet)

Is there generally a little home team most everywhere?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vitamin P posted:

Hey China goons question, how widespread is football in China? (proper football, that you play with your feet)

Is there generally a little home team most everywhere?

the china super league is pretty good, they signed a bunch of players this past year from the premier league or other good leagues. like oscar from chelsea is playing in shanghai now. carlos tevez is in it now. so there are some decent players playing IN china.

but by and large, china football is loving atrocious. they lost to war torn syria in world cup qualifying. i think they are top 100 in the world but like, if you're losing to uzbekistan and syria, you don't have a very strong football culture

i'm sure they claim to have invented it at some point

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

i'm sure they claim to have invented it at some point

They do, you haven't seen that?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
maybe, at this point i just tune it out, i think china has literally claimed to invent every possible thing i've imagined. someone wrote somewhere about how confucius invented the computer because of some idea he had. its just pure stupidity and the second anyone starts talking about china invented it i usually just walk away

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The stairwell at my school has pictures that appear to claim China invented golf.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

i think china has literally claimed to invent every possible thing i've imagined

no one tell the koreans...

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

ladron posted:

china has invented korea

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

ladron posted:

One of the reasons my students give for why they hate Koreans is Koreans are arrogant assholes who claim to have invented everything (when everyone knows China invented everything)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

There's a lot of reasons to dislike Korea.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Honestly China is really impressive in regards to how a country where teamwork was never invented or adopted managed to invent so many organized sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

LentThem posted:

Honestly China is really impressive in regards to how a country where teamwork was never invented or adopted managed to invent so many organized sports

lmao