Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

TacticalNecromancy posted:

NSM is something I've always heard about and seen the edits of, but I've never really sat down and read. Started reading this thread a few hours ago, couldn't stop. I've laughed myself silly; this is clearly a parallel universe in which everything is wonderful. Space and time are irrelevant; continuity is but a bitter memory.

Except for a weakness to bricks (and bricks on sticks). Apparently they are his kryptonite.

Well, that, and SJWs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

BORN TO FLY
RONAN IS A gently caress
Sweep the Oscars 2017
I am a trash panda
410,757,864,530 DEAD COYOTES

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mycroft Holmes posted:

BORN TO FLY
RONAN IS A gently caress
Sweep the Oscars 2017
I am a trash panda
410,757,864,530 DEAD COYOTES

Holy poo poo.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I guess Rocket got hit with pym particles between panel 1 and panel 2.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Rocket is still god damned naked.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Rocket's not being imprecise he's just anticipating how much the size of the sentry will vary from panel to panel

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Rocket knew he had to clarify the concept of feet as a measurement to Peter.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I really wish he'd given the size in meters as "standard Earth length units" or something, leading Peter to expect it to be much smaller than it turns out to be.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dordreff posted:

Rocket's not being imprecise he's just anticipating how much the size of the sentry will vary from panel to panel

Just the writer throwing the artist a bone, really :)

Of course naked Rocket will fight the artist for that bone....

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is a good thing rocket was so vague, because the sentry is obviously gonna be a different size in every panel it appears.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Just the writer throwing the artist a bone, really :)

Of course naked Rocket will fight the artist for that bone....

lol

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Who's directing this strip, Quintin Tarantino? Folks...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Not enough focus on MJs feet

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Not enough focus on MJs feet

That's for the story's climax.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That's for the story's climax.

And my own

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Weekend artist doesn't know nobody uses those televisions anymore.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Me and my raccoon suited son just work out a lot together is all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kwyndig posted:

lovely roadside motels in the New Mexico desert might.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol he looks like his heart was just broken in the second to last panel, followed by seething impotent rage in the last panel.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Hey, Rocket finally put on clothes. And stopped asking "what's a raccoon?"

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Hey, Rocket finally put on clothes. And stopped asking "what's a raccoon?"

I'm going to assume, unless proven otherwise, that Rocket knows drat well what a raccoon is and has been trying to get a rise out of Peter the whole time. Since Peter's refused to take the bait, though, he's acting out in other ways (yeah sure he thinks he can take the hotel TV with him) until he gets Spidey to snap.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm going to assume, unless proven otherwise, that Rocket knows drat well what a raccoon is and has been trying to get a rise out of Peter the whole time. Since Peter's refused to take the bait, though, he's acting out in other ways (yeah sure he thinks he can take the hotel TV with him) until he gets Spidey to snap.

He's in for a long wait, because if there's one thing Newspaper Spider-man can do, it's take his lumps, forever.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Completely out of character for Rocket to give back the TV he clearly wanted more than the motel owner did.

Lol at Rocket and Peter both pointing at their biceps.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kwyndig posted:

I do. TV is for the news and other shows I don't care about the resolution of, I invest in my computer monitor instead.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in the last panel mj just cannot believe that peter is supposed to be her better half. just look at that body language!

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Lol at Rocket's expression in the third panel as well. And nothing more came from the owner finding him eating from the dumpster?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I know I shouldn't use logic here, but to be honest, all that guy did was see what he thought was a kid in a costume sneaking around a trashcan at night and play in the garbage. Disturbing, yes, but for all he knows that kid is at that age where he refuses to stop playing raccoon man, he's too into his role, he snuck out at night while his parents were sleeping (because you can't stay awake ALL night to watch the kid), and he was trying to eat his raccoon food like a real raccoon. No real sign of neglect beyond the assumed-kid having seemingly browbeaten the parents into letting him go around like that to keep his rear end manageable, and Peter himself had a look on his face like "i am dead inside" when the manager returned their son to them.

This has all been a meeting with a hosed up family with a possibly special needs son, and this manager is nothing if not understanding.

Thankfully he missed Peter's face randomly manifesting a projection of his mask for a moment in the final panel. I love how the mask is frowning, too.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Next: All Roads lead to Ronan!

There's still time, writers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that the best explanation Peter can come up (or be bothered to come up with) is that he and his small child in a racoon suit work out together a lot :allears:

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
His spider sense is definitely bring triggered by MJ and Rocket's budding relationship.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His super power is all about him being able to stick to things. Anti-gravity could keep him away from surfaces.

Rocket is now his mortal enemy.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

goatface posted:

His super power is all about him being able to stick to things. Anti-gravity could keep him away from surfaces.

Rocket is now his mortal enemy.

On the other hand he could reduce the velocity of bricks falling toward spideys head. They could be a god-like partnership.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

joehonkie posted:

His spider sense is definitely bring triggered by MJ and Rocket's budding relationship.

"Ant-man wouldn't treat me like this."

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Okay, inside baseball question. I know the panels on the Sunday are small to give newspapers room to arrange and position as they need, but is there a reason for the different-sized cells?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Respect to MJ for being able to rock an outfit all in shades of purple.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

dupersaurus posted:

Okay, inside baseball question. I know the panels on the Sunday are small to give newspapers room to arrange and position as they need, but is there a reason for the different-sized cells?

Different newspapers have different space/layout options so the panels can be configured to match the space a few ways. Or to just leave hideous whitespace everywhere.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Darthemed posted:

Respect to MJ for being able to rock an outfit all in shades of purple.

It's all in the white belt and light shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

~ my tv ~

Not very fancy but I've got a few PSDs with everything in individual layers if you'd like to play with them: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5613/Rocket_TV_PSDs.zip

• Locked thread