Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Burkion posted:

Disaster Report is still an amazing LP though, Liam be damned

Oh right, that came out within the year. Alright, basically skip the Not-Castlevania LP's, they had a good year as usual otherwise.

Oh wait, Command Mission is iffy. Hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

It's easier to list what to avoid.

Avoid all liam-driven LP's except the sonic werewolf one. Because he did basically boring Not-castlevania in the last year other than that.
Look at this loser who think MWC is a bad lp

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
They're playing Nitroplus Blasterz for Fisticuffs when Liam is long-gone by now :smith:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pat and Paige arguing like a married couple is the best. :allears:

Also For Honor is really good.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
I liked that Liam went the extra mile and showed an alternate ending (or was it a couple, I forget) in the Disaster LP. I feel like that usually would never happen, but I have to admit I haven't watched a lot of the LPs where this would be a thing.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Why is nobody mentioning the Sadness Trilogy that led to Omikron and the first impact on the channel?

You owe it to yourself to watch Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.

Also, all of the Silent Hill LPs are fantastic.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Radio Paranoia posted:

Why is nobody mentioning the Sadness Trilogy that led to Omikron and the first impact on the channel?

You owe it to yourself to watch Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls.

Also, all of the Silent Hill LPs are fantastic.

Don't forget to watch the secret entry into the Sadness Trilogy (tetralogy? soon to be pentalogy), the Woolie Plays Heavy Rain for the First Time stream

Shitstorm's usually pretty good (last year's first video, Anatomy, is highly recommended). I really enjoyed Matt and Woolie's FFX LP, but I have a lot of nostalgic fondness for the game and gained tremendous strength from watching these two idiots bumble through an easy babby JRPG.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
make sure to assume the proper viewing position for anatomy, ie. squatting on your kitchen table with your back to the wall

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

standard owl posted:

Don't forget to watch the secret entry into the Sadness Trilogy (tetralogy? soon to be pentalogy), the Woolie Plays Heavy Rain for the First Time stream

Shitstorm's usually pretty good (last year's first video, Anatomy, is highly recommended). I really enjoyed Matt and Woolie's FFX LP, but I have a lot of nostalgic fondness for the game and gained tremendous strength from watching these two idiots bumble through an easy babby JRPG.

FFX is great, and for my money, gave us the best piece of lore of 2016: Racist Wakka.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

nitro+ fisticuffs just can't match the Quick Look sadly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah it was a good fisticuffs but I feel like Jason and jeff unlocking their true weeaboo was way more entertaining

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

FFX is great, and for my money, gave us the best piece of lore of 2016: Racist Wakka.

I only just watched the Best Of and all those moments were golden. I had forgotten some of the game's own ridiculous lines, like the fireworks one.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

hoobajoo posted:

I thought FFX was 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Blockhouse posted:

make sure to assume the proper viewing position for anatomy, ie. squatting on your kitchen table with your back to the wall

Anatomy is one of the best Shitstorm videos because they start out confident and end up getting legit spooked.

One Late Night is another great Shitstorm video for the same reason. Especially when the ghost appears around the doorway and Pat legit starts screaming.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jan 28, 2017

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Tiny girl. Big head. Huge hammer. Character of the Year 2016.

edit, after looking into meat girl: Gen Urobuchi is hosed up.

Dias fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jan 28, 2017

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm a few hours into DS2 now; I really wish I hadn't kept banging my head against a wall with Forest of the Giants once I'd gained access to the blacksmith, but now I've gone back to make use of him the game has really opened up. It's exactly what I wanted from the sequel - a little looser on the controls, the extra weapon slots in each hand are just enough to give you a load of extra options in combat and I can now go back with some much tastier gear. Good stuff so far.

Edit: Except fall damage, which is bullshit.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 28, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dias posted:

Tiny girl. Big head. Huge hammer. Character of the Year 2016.

edit, after looking into meat girl: Gen Urobuchi is hosed up.
Streamers seem to gravitate towards that character for some reason. Maybe hammering stuff is just that fun.
And yeah Saya is pretty drat gross.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ConanThe3rd posted:

I thought FFX was 2015

I went and checked, the LP started in December 2015. The "Grand Wizard Wakka" episode specifically went up in January; that's probably what made me think of it as a 2016 thing.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Professional brown-noser Geoff Thew makes another attempt to usurp Liam's position; this time with Liam actually present!

For real though, go watch the What's in an OP? for Diamond is Unbreakable, if only to watch the boys attempt to combat the most powerful stand ever.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Billy is either really bored or really nutty, judging by the last few end-of-videos

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Tae posted:

It's easier to list what to avoid.

Avoid all liam-driven LP's except the sonic werewolf one. Because he did basically boring Not-castlevania in the last year other than that.

Burkion posted:

Disaster Report is still an amazing LP though, Liam be damned

i still don't understand how you guys can be cold and callous and then be surprised and upset when these guys need to take a break/stop making content altogether

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The thread is not a hivemind. I supported them taking a break and/or leaving, including for months wondering when they'll get an editor

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I just think it's cruel to say "everything involving [person] was bad" or "[thing] was good despite [person] being involved", regardless of whether they're listening or not

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't mean anything bad towards Liam.

He wasn't my favorite but I don't hold any ill will towards him. That was in direct reply to Tae, and the context makes it clear- even if you don't like Liam, Disaster Report is fantastic Let's Play.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm a few hours into DS2 now; I really wish I hadn't kept banging my head against a wall with Forest of the Giants once I'd gained access to the blacksmith, but now I've gone back to make use of him the game has really opened up. It's exactly what I wanted from the sequel - a little looser on the controls, the extra weapon slots in each hand are just enough to give you a load of extra options in combat and I can now go back with some much tastier gear. Good stuff so far.

Edit: Except fall damage, which is bullshit.

Fall damage is harsher but can be reduced to near nothing (letting you survive even farther falls than in DS1) with certain gear. Best would be the Silvercat Ring which you can buy from Shalquoir for ~15k.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Seshoho Cian posted:

I just think it's cruel to say "everything involving [person] was bad" or "[thing] was good despite [person] being involved", regardless of whether they're listening or not

its true though

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hear that the Astro Boy LP was pretty rough because of either a shroud of illiteracy or something hosed up and all the tutorials were in wingdings.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I'm really disappointed Pat directed Woolie away from the Catacombs and New Londo citing that they're more difficult, considering they're designed to be done at exactly the point they're currently at.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Genocyber posted:

I'm really disappointed Pat directed Woolie away from the Catacombs and New Londo citing that they're more difficult, considering they're designed to be done at exactly the point they're currently at.

Woolie would never do enough damage quickly enough to beat the boss of New Londo. Though yeah I guess you're right that the zone would still be doable.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Woolie would never do enough damage quickly enough to beat the boss of New Londo. Though yeah I guess you're right that the zone would still be doable.

For New Londo I meant the first half. It's balanced to be even easier than Blighttown, arguably, in case you get cursed and need to get it cured (keeping in mind curse was a lot harder to cure in the initial release). You can't even get to the second half this early unless you're willing to kill Ingward.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I feel like Catacombs get an insanely bad rep because of the starting area skeletons. Everything about them and Pinwheel feels like it's meant to be a pre-Sen's Fortress area but I've never seen anyone take them on that early.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Genocyber posted:

For New Londo I meant the first half. It's balanced to be even easier than Blighttown, arguably, in case you get cursed and need to get it cured (keeping in mind curse was a lot harder to cure in the initial release). You can't even get to the second half this early unless you're willing to kill Ingward.

Oh right. It's been awhile. Keep forgetting Ingward has that key.

edit: Catacombs technically are supposed to be post Capra but pre-Depths. Really maybe even pre-Capra but post Divine Ember.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

HGH posted:

I feel like Catacombs get an insanely bad rep because of the starting area skeletons. Everything about them and Pinwheel feels like it's meant to be a pre-Sen's Fortress area but I've never seen anyone take them on that early.

There's no reason to take the Catacombs on that early, unless you want the Rite of Kindling, which you don't even really need at that point. The game straight-up directs you to Sen's after you ring both bells, anyway.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

HGH posted:

Not just pre-Sen's but likely pre-Depths as well, given that you can reasonably take on the skeletons with a +5 weapon, and it's immediately after beating Capra that Reah and Co. descend into there.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Not just pre-Sen's but likely pre-Depths as well, given that you can reasonably take on the skeletons with a +5 weapon, and it's immediately after beating Capra that Reah and Co. descend into there.

Yeah and you miss out on an old friend if you go to the catacombs after Reah and Co. leave.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

WHAT.

I have NEVER seen this barfing attack from the Gaping Dragon and I've fought this rear end in a top hat a dozen times before. :stare:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Billy is either really bored or really nutty, judging by the last few end-of-videos

He's earning his keep and then some, I really appreciate the extra work he's putting in.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I fuckign love that video

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is it explained later why Ethan can REATTACH HIS LEG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Is it explained later why Ethan can REATTACH HIS LEG?

I assume it's some form of virus.